Topic: Condit vs. Hendricks

Condit vs. Hendricks

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

02.18.2013 | 11:16 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Condit vs. Hendricks. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

02.20.2013 | 1:05 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Decision  

Agree with Anik.  Incisive thinking, but I think MacDonald wins the fight with Condit.  I want to see Hendricks fight for the title because he earned it, regardless of how his fight with Condit goes.  Condit doesn't deserve another fight so soon because he has not changed and would lose again.  GSP has to fight somebody.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.20.2013 | 1:07 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@Ben,

Style make fights my friend. I personally think GSP would smash Hendrick, however there are thiose that don't believe this. And jusgt because they may think Condit beats hendricks, does not then mean they don't believe Hendricks can beat GSP.  GSP style is very different from condit. They may think Hendrick power and TDD can win him a fight against GSP but not necessarily Condit.

"here I come to save the day"

DelRose
DelRose

02.20.2013 | 2:52 AM ET

***** TD over a vicious headkick?

****. After that round GSP's face was all ****** up. 

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.20.2013 | 3:31 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Learn to stuff a "***** TD" where you're not on your back at least once per round and maybe your superior striking (he was also easily out struck by GSP) can do more for you than arguably win you one round. GSP was 7 of 8 on TDs. After the first 2 minutes of the fight Condit's face was ****** up. Your point, what is it?
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 19 hours, and 8 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.20.2013 | 7:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@DelRose, check the stats brother, I promise you that a ****load more MMA fights have been won with "***** TDs" (and what usually follows them) than head kicks (heck, even that head kick you're talking about didn't win the fight, it was the only shining moment in a fight in which he was dominated ... via a multitude of "***** TDs").

That being said, even with Hendricks' wrestling accolades, I don't think Hendricks' takedowns are even close to GSPs in an MMA fight, since his setups and ability to close distance aren't even close.

I think Condit's got good enough TDD to deal with Hendricks and even if it goes down, Hendricks' doesn't have GSP top control and Condit's guard is a very active one.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.21.2013 | 1:15 AM ET

So what? Hendricks "deserves" a title fight even though he couldn't beat a lot of welterweight contenders? Gtfo.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Bloody Freak
Bloody Freak
  • Predictions:  13,196  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 64

02.24.2013 | 6:45 PM ET

The pattern for Hendricks is close decision, knockout, close decision, knockout, close decision, ect.... He just won by knockout, odds are Condit survives the initial first round bomb and takes the decision. ;) I could definitely see Hendricks flattening him though.
ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

02.24.2013 | 6:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I'm thinking the smart pick I confit by decision 

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.24.2013 | 6:52 PM ET

Think I'm going with Hendricks by TKO or UD in this one. Ellenberger really showed that big punchers can take him out, Jake was at least one or two shots away from finishing Condit twice (one of them where Condit did a somersault) so I see Hendricks using his wrestling and landing at least a clean shot or two.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 3 days, 23 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.24.2013 | 6:53 PM ET

Somersault faceplant****
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 3 days, 23 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
GSP4LIFEz
GSP4LIFEz
  • Predictions:  25  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 89

02.28.2013 | 3:50 PM ET

Condit by Split Decision. Jake Ellenberger has knockout power like Hendricks but is more explosive, and Condit managed to survive and defeat Ellenberger even though Condit got dropped a couple times in the first round. If Condit plays the cards right and avoids Hendricks' left hand, then Condit should be able to take the decision
jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

03.03.2013 | 6:12 PM ET

Got to do a 10-Point Breakdown for this fight. Haven't done one in a while!!!!

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

03.03.2013 | 7:47 PM ET

The 10-Point Breakdown

1. Mental Edge/Confidence/Gameplan - Right off the bat, I have to call this area just about dead even. Both fighters are respectful, so trash talking is out the water, and I don't think that either fighter is in the other's head in any way, shape, or form. The worst you'll here from both of these fighters is that they respect the other, and that they are confident they will be the winner. Condit is coming off of a very hard fought loss to current UFC kingpin GSP, but if you're going to lose to somebody, it might as well be the greatest UFC WW Champion of all time. Hendricks is riding a 5-fight win streak with 3 coming by devastating 1st round KO. Condit has gone 13-2 in his last 15 fights with 5 KO/TKOs and 5 submissions. When it comes to gameplan, Condit trains with Greg Jackson, so you know that they will have a great gameplan coming into this fight. Hendricks has had a tendency to rely on his punching power, but for the last 5 fights, it has served him well. On a side note, these two were on a path to meet one another in the WEC, but before it could happen ZUFFA dissolved the WEC WW division. So for us WEC fans, this is a fight that has been a long time in the making. With all that said, like I said before, I'm calling this area even. Condit = 9/10, Hendricks 9/10

2. Experience/Level Of Opposition - I think it's safe to say with 34 fights, being the former WEC WW Champion, and facing GSP, this is all advantage Condit here. Hendricks has faced some great opposition, but he only has half of the experience that Condit has. Condit = 10/10, Hendricks = 8/10

3. Heart/Determination To Win - This area is so tough to call. Who really has overcome adversity, pushed through, and did everything that they had to win the fight? I've seen it in the past from both fighters. I look for your feedback on this, because as of now, I'm calling it even. Condit = 9/10, Hendricks = 9/10

4. Stamina/Cardio - This is a 3 round fight, and both fighters can go 3 round with no problems, but I honestly think that Condit has a little bit better cardio than Hendricks. The longer this fight goes on, the more it plays into Condit's hands. Condit = 10/10, Hendricks = 9/10

5. Endurance/Toughness - Who takes the better punch? Who cuts and bruises easier? I've seen both fighters take a ton of damage, and still be able fight effectively. I'm calling this one even. Condit = 10/10, Hendricks = 10/10

6. Overall Striking - Big punching power vs. technique and versatility. Both fighters have ended fights on the feet in dominating fashion. Punching power goes in Hendricks favor, but technique and versatility go in Condit's favor. I can see either fighter winning this one by KO/TKO, so I'm calling this one even as well. Condit = 10/10, Hendricks = 10/10

7. Overall Wrestling/Grappling - This is where I think that Hendricks is strongest in this fight, and where I think that Condit is weakest. Hendricks is not the best wrestler at 170, but he does bring a great wrestling pedigree to the table. Condit has improved in this department, but the GSP fight showed that he still has to make improvements and adjustments in this area. Condit = 8/10, Hendricks = 9/10

8. Overall Submissions/BJJ - Condit has 13 submissions over the course of his career, Hendricks has only 1 in 15 fights. I think it's safe to say that Condit would be more likely to win by submission in this fight, and has the better BJJ pedigree. Condit = 10/10, Hendricks = 8/10

9. Strength/Size - I don't think that either fighter is necessarily a large WW, but Hendricks does possess a ton of power. Condit has the height and the range, but I don't think that he is the bigger of the two fighters. I give the Hendricks the edge here. Condit = 8/10, Hendricks = 9/10

10. Speed/Athleticism = Niether fighter is devastatingly quick, but both are proficient in this area. I think that Condit is the quicker more mobile of the two with better dexterity. Condit = 9/10, Hendricks = 8/10

Overall Score - Carlos "The Natural Born Killer" Condit = 93/100, Johnny "Big Rig" Hendricks = 89/100

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.03.2013 | 8:00 PM ET

After this fight, which I believe Carlos Condit will win, it will set up some interesting matches for the summer.

This summer, I believe the UFC will not give Condit a rematch so soon, and prefer to give the title shot to Johny Hendricks.  Which will be a popular choice.

So, this summer, I think we can hopefully look forward to GSP vs. Hendricks, Condit vs. MacDonald, Ellenberger vs. Maia, Diaz vs. Koscheck, Erick Silva vs. Siyar Bahadurzada, Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann, Shields vs. Woodley (June 15, 2013).

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.03.2013 | 8:33 PM ET

Wish this was a five-rounder, but I still think Condit has a slight edge in the match-up. Hendricks has got two ways to win in this fight: he can put Condit out with a left cross or he can win a close Split ala Koscheck/Hendricks by getting top position in rounds 2 and 3. 

I see Hendricks doing some early damage before Condit turns the tide. I think the new, improved Condit turns the tide earlier than his 2008-10 self, resulting in a Decision win for him. In a five-rounder, he gets a fourth or fifth-round stoppage.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

03.03.2013 | 10:47 PM ET

Awesome breakdown Jaykool, I don't always agree but I always read and appreciate them. 

After the 1st round when Hendricks realizes he's not going to KO Condit he will break mentally and lose the last 2 rounds. Condit will fight Hendricks similar to how he fought Diaz.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.04.2013 | 12:22 AM ET

I hope Hendricks is not neglecting his other skills.  People should train like GSP.  Hone ALL their tools.  GSP sharpens his TDs, wrestling, jabs, mobility, etc.

The worst mistake possible is not training all-around.

MMApicker42
MMApicker42
  • Predictions:  4,050  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,828
  • Post Score: 131

03.05.2013 | 3:27 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct Decision  

I think if he uses his wrestling in this fight he could easily get a decision win, but he doesn't use his wrestling much anymore. We will see if his fight IQ will show up for this one.
MetsJets51211
MetsJets51211
  • Predictions:  2,794  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 116

03.06.2013 | 4:45 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct Decision  

If Johny is smart he'll do exactly what GSP did. Use his wrestling to win the fight.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all night, ALL DAY!"

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,809  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

03.07.2013 | 8:29 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Hendricks will find Condit's 5-inch size advantage too much for him.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Louisville announced with 13 fights already booked for the card
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303