Topic: Condit vs. Hendricks

Condit vs. Hendricks

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,637  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,570
  • Post Score: 60

02.18.2013 | 11:16 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Condit vs. Hendricks. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

03.07.2013 | 1:17 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Decision  

I am believing Condit will win this fight.  The interesting question for me is who they give Hendricks next to fight.

Will they give him a title shot if he loses?  We all assume they will grant him his deserved title shot if he wins, however weakly.

It is my belief that they will give him his title show regardless of who wins, but I'm probably the only member here who thinks that way.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.07.2013 | 1:54 PM ET

Condit is going to ruin Johny's night unfortunately for all you Hendricks fans! Hendricks said something along the line of Condit is just a stepping stone to GSP. 

Anyone who overlooks Condit is a seriously misguided individual and will be rudely un-awakened.. (See what I did there??)

Condit will be more than comfortable standing with Hendricks. He may ease off on the leg kicks to avoid getting taken down but his hands are twice that of Hendricks. His chin is more than solid so he should be able to deal with anything Johny throws at him.. I mean, there's no way Hendricks hits harder than Ellenberger and he hit Condit flush.

Factor in his reach along with those attributes and I'd say it's gonna be a long and frustrating night for Mr.Hendricks.

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

03.07.2013 | 1:59 PM ET

I definitely think Condit could spoil the hype train...I don't think Hendricks has fought someone like Condit yet, who has great striking skills and a very good guard. I think that's why this is interesting, Condit doesn't give a flying **** if Hendricks wants to take him down, which is a big reason why i'm a fan of his. I'm very interested to see how Hendricks deals with Condit on the ground, I would be very surprised if Hendricks just stands the whole time. I've got Condit by decision for now.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.07.2013 | 2:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

He might decide to deal with Condit's guard by posturing up and landing vicious blows with that hammer like left hand of his with leverage behind it. If so, night night Carlos.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 1 hour, and 36 minutes from now.
TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

03.07.2013 | 2:04 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I think Condit will win, but i wouldnt mind seeing Hendricks win, and challenging GSP vs Diaz winner for the title.

"3HUNNA"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

03.07.2013 | 2:14 PM ET

@cthulhu that's one way to deal with it, haha.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

03.07.2013 | 2:29 PM ET

I think Hendricks would be pretty naive to think he can just sit in a guard like Condit's and GnP til the cows come home. 
Condit doesn't only constantly look for submissions but he also ******* demolishes your face with elbows just to remind you that the longer you avoid getting submitted, the more time the blood seeping out of every gash in your face has to seep into your eyes and blind you. Right, Georges?

Condit seems like a nice guy, but I genuinely think he'd be on the verge of being a serial killer if he wasn't a fighter. Sometimes the expression he shows towards his opponents is uncomfortably intense..

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.07.2013 | 3:28 PM ET

I can easily see Condit taking Hendricks' title dreams down.  And if so, it might take Hendricks a while to build up another win streak.  And with the WW Shark Tank being what it is, it just may not happen.

In which case, Johny Hendricks will be in an unfortunate position.  If Hendricks complains, he is a thorn in the boss' side.  If he doesn't whine, he doesn't exist.  He disappears.  He will become the New Fitch.  

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

03.07.2013 | 7:07 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct Decision  

Hopefully the odds end up good for Hendricks. i want to make some money off of this.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.07.2013 | 8:05 PM ET

@krull Won't matter what the odds are, you won't be making money. Hendricks is going DOWN!!!!

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.08.2013 | 7:37 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

I think there a very good chance Condit dominates this. Hendricks can win by KO, but most likely Condit out fights him. Hendricks knocked out both Kampman and Fitch who are both linear fighters. They don't cut angles or use movement. This is something Condit excels at. I also think he significantly better striker then either of them and Hendricks for that matter. He has a 7 inch reach advantage combined with is speed and movement will make it hard for Hendricks to find that knock out. He also utilizes far more kicks then Kampman and Fitch which just increase his already massive reach advantage.  I think if Hendricks takes him down, he will be eating shot after shot from Condit while fighting submissions off and sweeps. His short stature will make it hard to sub him but much easier to control and put into rubber guard where he will eat big elbows if he find himself in such a position. I also think he has a high chance of being  swept as well. I think Condit going to just beat on him everywhere the fight goes.

* Edited at 03.08.2013, 7:41 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.08.2013 | 9:34 AM ET

If Hendricks fights smart and takes it to the ground right away, he'll win by UD.

If Condit avoids the TDs, and finds a way to keep the fight standing, he'll win by UD.

Quite simple really.

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,969  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,408
  • Post Score: 322

03.08.2013 | 10:19 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Hendricks is going to crush Condit.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,999  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.08.2013 | 10:37 AM ET

Hate this fight.

I want Condit to win since he's on my favorite fighter list.
I want Hendricks to win since he more than deserves a tilte shot.

Hoping for a draw, and that Hendricks gets the shot regardless, but that won't happen so

I really hate this fight...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

LiLRASKALG
LiLRASKALG
  • Predictions:  3,613  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  373
  • Post Score: 86

03.08.2013 | 11:33 AM ET

cant wait for this fight. hope hendricks win for a title shot.

"IF I AGREE WITH YOU THEN WE WOULD BOTH BE WRONG!"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

03.09.2013 | 12:10 PM ET

I like both fighters and wish them both only the best possible fighting careers.  But Johny must be very careful at this critical juncture of his career.  Now that he has 2 big KOs over Fitch and Kampmann, he must not allow that to go to his head and unbalance his over-all game.

He must continue to keep his wrestling sharp, and not abandon it like so many other wrestler did upon finding some striking skills.

Johny must incorporate his KO power into his arsenal of tools and not let it cause him to abandon wrestling.  
For this fight, I see Johny chasing Carlos for 5 rounds, vainly trying to land his big bomb, all the while losing round after round, exchange after exchange to a fleeter, nimbler man.  I see Carlos fighting him like he fought Diaz.  Kick and run.

I think it is quite possible that Johny getting his 2 huge KOs has ruined him in his thinking.  I think it's quite possible that Johny now sees himself as the WW version of Dan Henderson.  Hendo was a great wrestler who abandoned the tool that got him to the Prom, and spent the rest of his career chasing people, trying to land his big H-bombs.

And if I'm right, and I pray I'm not, Hendricks will only go to the ground when someone takes him there, and spend the rest of his fight life standing and banging, or trying to.

One thing Hendricks could do, and all other fighters too, is to spend some camps in Montreal at the Tristar gym, learning from Firas Zahabi how to incorporate their KO power into an over-all offensive mode, with kicks, TDs, etc.  Would do them a world of good.  

* Edited at 03.09.2013, 12:13 PM ET *

Castles
Castles
  • Predictions:  147  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 93

03.11.2013 | 8:31 AM ET

I like Condit and wanted him to beat McDonald. But, Hendricks is better and will win this one.
CONDIT729
CONDIT729
  • Predictions:  4,116  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,500
  • Post Score: 165

03.11.2013 | 11:37 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

As a huge Condit fan(as everyone should know) this fight is worries me, because Hendricks has HUGE power, but I still think Condit pulls off a 2nd or 3rd round finish.

"I'm coming in your backyard and I'm gonna **** you up" -Carlos Condit

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

03.11.2013 | 11:41 AM ET

I really have no idea who to pick for this fight but Im actually leaning more towards Condit. Hes just well rounded on the feet and if Hendricks does decide to wrestle Condit has great sweeps. Im wanting Hendricks to win a little more simply because if Nick doesnt get it done then Hendricks is one of the last fresh contenders

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

03.11.2013 | 12:29 PM ET

WAR CONDIT!!

"3HUNNA"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Dana White Set To Roast Tom Brady On Netflix
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja ready to claim ‘King of Rio’ title if Jose Aldo retires
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch reveals his side of Sean O'Malley's sparring session with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET