Topic: Antônio Silva

Bigfoot Silva starting to lay down the smack!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Master Blaster
Master Blaster
  • Predictions:  356  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  241
  • Post Score: 30

05.16.2011 | 10:15 PM ET

“I’ve been fighting since 2004 and have never had any issues with another athlete, even the most stuck-up,” explained Silva. “Friendship, for me, is everything, but Josh is a weird guy, a guy who doesn’t greet you when you enter the elevator, doesn’t even say ‘good morning.’ It’s how he treats Brazilian fighters especially. It’s the same thing with [Barnett and] Werdum. 

“But when [Barnett] sees Fedor, [UFC President] Dana White or [UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo] Fertitta, he runs to them and stays by their side all the time. He makes me sick. He’s the classic kiss-ass, a rude man …” added Silva. “I really want to face Barnett and I’ve already said I consider him a filthy person, even though he is a great fighter, and that I’ll beat him up and close both of his eyes.” 

Silva’s acidic quotes continued when asked his opinion of former UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar, who last week withdrew from his June 11 bout with  Junior Dos Santos due to a second flare-up of diverticulitis. 

“I don’t want to judge anyone and I really wish it’s not a big health problem for [Lesnar], but I have some doubts,” Silva said. “That big guy doesn’t like being punched. In his last fights, he was put in the fetal position by Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez, which is humiliating for a fighter. I think he pulled out of the fight against ‘Cigano,’ who is a real heavy puncher and a real tough opponent for someone who doesn’t like being punched.” 

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bigfoot-Wants-Barnett-in-Strikeforce-GP-Has-Harsh-Words-for-Lesnar-32388

Wow, Bigfoot is using some strong words.  How would Silva do against Barnett and healthy Lesnar? I think he can beat Barnett but Lesnar is a bad matchup for him, he would get taken down and would be stuck.

"Break a deal, spin the wheel"

Antônio "BigFoot" Silva

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Antônio Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 19-15-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: BigFoot
  • Current Streak: 8 Losses
  • Last Fight: March 23, 2024
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 265.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 6'4" (194cm) | Reach: 82.0" (208cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $785,000 USD
  • Born: Campina Grande, Paraiba, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Brasilia, Federal District, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

05.16.2011 | 10:21 PM ET

Ever since the first time I saw Bigfoot fight I wanna say against Cabbage in EliteXC I've thought he'd be the best HW in the world...He's just a massive human! I've since learned more about MMA and think he's got a shot to be a HW champion, but not one that would go on a long dominate run...Silva with any HW in the world has a chance to win in my opinion

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

05.16.2011 | 10:31 PM ET

he definatly think he has a chance against Barnett but not against Brock,  he is too big and too strong and would easliy hold Silva down and pound him out

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

05.16.2011 | 10:51 PM ET

Bigfoot is legit. Would be pumped for this fight. But Overeem v Bigfoot would be best.

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.17.2011 | 12:09 AM ET

i'm just glad i saw siva beatdown fedor.
Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

05.17.2011 | 12:17 AM ET

bigfoot is pretty damm good but i was sad he beat fedor

im a big fedor fan, his demeanor is so bad ass and hes a awesome fighter

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

Heroak
Heroak
  • Predictions:  2,369  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,182
  • Post Score: 154

05.17.2011 | 12:25 AM ET

Bigfoot is really good, i never doubted him against fedor. It just sucks that hes opening his mouth now. He did beat fedor but he didnt beat a good fedor and he didnt beat a good arlovski. I might be in the minority but him playing the race card, calling out Barnett and then calling out Lesnar hasnt been earned by him yet. 

"Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a ******'s wit."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.17.2011 | 6:23 AM ET

I agree @Heroak.  No reason to bring up that stuff at all.. it makes him look just as "filthy" imo.  Mike Kyle nearly KTFO Big Foot... what do you guys think is going to happen when Overeem touches that chin?

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

outlawmusic
outlawmusic
  • Predictions:  2,101  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  269
  • Post Score: 88

05.17.2011 | 12:05 PM ET

Pezazo is a massive human with a head like a bucket. A monster of a man with great ground game and pretty good striking helos him out against anyone, but his mass and power give him the edge against almost anyone. He's probably one of the strongest fighters alive today. Not to mention his hands are physically heavy and frighteningly huge, its only a matter of time until he ends a fight via fatality. He also has the gas tank to last with other power based fighters such as Lesnar on the ground and JDS/Carwin in an all out game of fisticuffs. I say he has the skillset to become a champion but he isn't a very marketable fighter to become a big name in an organization like the UFC.

"I don't go running, I train to fight not to run" - Don ******* Frye

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.17.2011 | 2:08 PM ET

I think Silva is just hyping up himself. He's coming off a huge win when Fedor was still considered one of the best and probably feels he should start marketing/promote himself.

As we've seen, talking smack can help when it comes to the UFC noticing you (Chael Sonnen is the best modern example)

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

05.17.2011 | 2:16 PM ET

I don't think he's marketing or ****-talking. I think he (like most people) just sincerely dislikes Barnett and thinks he's a *******.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.17.2011 | 2:34 PM ET

i agree with @geez,its not trash talk....now that he has beaten fedor and has respect to a certain extent...he's giving his opinion on barnett and brock.....i agree completely with the barnett opinion,he just seems like a snake...but i disagree with what he said about brock....i dont think brock would back out of a fight unless he was in a very bad way health wise.....

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.17.2011 | 3:00 PM ET

Just seems weird he's saying it now rather then when Barnett first arrived. I still have my doubts.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Samson
Samson
  • Predictions:  1,142  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  210
  • Post Score: 187

05.17.2011 | 7:17 PM ET

"In 96' Royce Gracie made me tap...one of many."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

05.17.2011 | 9:41 PM ET

big foot deserves more credit than he got before he beat fedor but I agree with everyone saying he shouldnt be **** talking that much.  If he wins the sfgp sure call out some people but right now he beat a really good fat lhw and almost got knocked out by another lhw that isnt anywhere near anyones top ten.  I like him and im a lot more likely to tune into his fights but pull it back before you call out someone and get stomped by that person.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.18.2011 | 9:59 AM ET

@Ninja/Pierce.. I agree with you two.  It makes no sense to start spouting now... and the guy needs to win something to prove himself.   He beat Fedor.. but how much can you weight that right now anyway?  I'm just not sure.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

05.18.2011 | 2:32 PM ET

@ Kalibo...  I agree.  He beat an aging Fedor; it is impressive the way he did it, but that's the Fedor from Pride..  He still has something to prove to make me a believer

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

05.18.2011 | 5:37 PM ET

I would like to see Werdum make him tap again, then see how much he wants to talk. And I think Brock is going to be the champ once again eventually, so he may have his chance to fight him.

Put him up against.. Carwin, Brock, Mir, JDS, or Cain and he loses.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.19.2011 | 9:54 AM ET

too bad bigfoot silva will probably never have the chance to be strike force champion with the way the heavyweight grand prix is starting to fall apart.
minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

05.19.2011 | 5:13 PM ET

Bigfoot is the ******* man. Barnett started this rivalry, but it doesn't get big headlines like this because that's just Barnett being a ******, as always. The comments against Brock were unwarranted, but the Barnett stuff was called for.

Unless Overeem pulls out of the tournament (there have been some rumors) he won't win the GP, but he is SF's second best heavyweight, and he would tool Barnett. Lesnar is another story, but he does have the hands to threaten Lesnar, and he could definitely make it a fight. 

"We Are All One"

Heroak
Heroak
  • Predictions:  2,369  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,182
  • Post Score: 154

05.19.2011 | 7:21 PM ET

Minotauro I'm starting to think you have a thing for Brazilians :D

"Tell her I'm rich, and I'm good looking, and I have, uh, a ******'s wit."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’
  • MMA Junkie : Dustin Poirier explains how Islam Makhachev 'more of a threat' than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Reaction to Cory Sandhagen vs. Umar Nurmagomedov booking, fallout of UFC 301
  • Bad Left Hook : Foster vs Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • Bad Left Hook : O’Shaquie Foster vs Robson Conceicao joins Stevenson vs Harutyunyan on July 6
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC St. Louis
  • Middle Easy : Eric Nicksick Predicts Sean Strickland Will Finish Paulo Costa In Round 4 Or 5, Says UFC Considered Booking ‘Tarzan’ Against Khamzat Chimaev
  • UFC.com : Radley Da Silva's Life Has Led To This Moment | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMA Mania : UFC Champ Revealed As ‘Masked Singer’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall unamused by Jon Jones 'playing games again' with interest in Alex Pereira
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: What’s next for Inoue and Canelo, Lomachenko vs Kambosos preview, more
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Accuses Jon Jones Of ‘Playing Games’, Says Fight ‘Not Looking Very Likely’ To Happen
  • MMAFighting.com : MMA Pound-for-Pound Rankings: Jon Jones falls out of top 5
  • MMA Mania : Aldo Returns To Official UFC Rankings
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’
  • MMA Mania : Volk: BMF Belt Makes Another ‘Blessed’ Fight ‘Worth Getting Out Of Bed For’
  • MMA Junkie : Grant Dawson draws rebound inspiration from teammate Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of Benavidez?’: Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of David Benavidez?’: Jim Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge