Topic: Junior dos Santos

Junior Dos Santos separates from wife of 10 Years

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,873  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,623
  • Post Score: -69

01.18.2013 | 11:46 PM ET

Recently separated, Junior Cigano reveals: "I'm dying to see the family"

Still distraught for having lost the heavyweight belt to the american Cain Velásquez on UFC 155, MMA fighter Junior Cigano revealed to Caldeirão's site, in the backstage while the program was being shot, that he has just been separated from Visana Piccozi, with whom he had been married for 10 years "She is the most important person in my life, she's the one that takes care of me and I want to take care of her forever. But I don't love her as a woman anymore", he said, quite moved.

Cigano had already admitted that he wasn't mentally well for the fight and that he didn't understand why he could not impose his game. "I want to fight him again. Even if it wasn't for the belt, I would like to fight him again, because the last time I didn't fight. I was physically there, but not mentally", the fighter analysed.

Currently waiting for the result of some exams so that he can go back to training, the fighter confessed that he is dying to see his family. "As soon as I can, I am going back to Caçador (in Santa CAtarina), to see my nephews, my family. I like being home, I'm kind of boring, I think I have an old man's spirit", jested Cigano, who said he is still not in the mood for fooling around.

http://www.tatame.com.br/apos-alegar-problemas-pessoais-contra-cain-cigano-revela-separacao/

............................................................................................

he said hes still not in the mood for fooling around. Well I'd like to know who that woman was that was rubbing his chest after the fight and when in the ambulance after the fight

* Edited at 01.18.2013, 11:47 PM ET *

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Junior dos Santos Almeida
  • Pro MMA Record: 21-10-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Cigano
  • Current Streak: 5 Losses
  • Last Fight: May 20, 2022 in EFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 246.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 6'4" (193cm) | Reach: 77.0" (196cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,460,000 USD
  • Born: Caçador, Santa Catarina, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.18.2013 | 11:55 PM ET

Can't imagine how hard a divorce is. Best of luck to him.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

01.18.2013 | 11:56 PM ET

How many excuses has he had in the last 2 weeks? I think he broke a record. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

DelRose
DelRose

01.19.2013 | 12:23 AM ET

Its all Cains fault. 

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

01.19.2013 | 12:29 AM ET

Funny, when all the Thompson fighters lost, everyone gave them the benefit of the doubt but every says junior is just making excuses. I think your wife leaving you has just as much an effect
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

01.19.2013 | 12:35 AM ET

Hey, sure it had an affect .. but he has literally had like 4 different excuses as to why Cain beat him ... I mean give it up. 

JM Barrie
JM Barrie

01.19.2013 | 1:05 AM ET

amp112

who said she left him

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

01.19.2013 | 1:36 AM ET

It's not an excuse if it's legit. I think losing the closest person in your life for the last decade might just effect you a little bit. Easy to talk **** when you're not walking in his shoes. Bottom line is Junior won 1 and Cain won 1. They will fight again and this will be settled.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.19.2013 | 2:31 AM ET

Already settled.  Neither were injured.  Cain is the legitimate title holder.  I doubt if Junior beats him ever again.  But they will fight again, eventually.  Cain is fair that way.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.19.2013 | 4:52 AM ET

Well then he is weak mentally. you don't think about that crap when someone's trying to take your head off. survial instincts kick and it's do or die time, SON!

* Edited at 01.19.2013, 4:54 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

01.19.2013 | 4:57 AM ET

@Allhailkrull, He got his ass kicked for 25 minutes but never begged to stop. Thats not what i'd call mentally weak. You can't always just stop thinking about things that are bothering you.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie

01.19.2013 | 4:58 AM ET

Could it have been on his mind? Yes

Could it have caused him to get his ass handed to him the way that it was? No

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

01.19.2013 | 6:22 AM ET

Mike, you really are ****** some times =). Hope stuff like this doesn't happen to you. 

I'm sure if you were in his place would be rock hard. Sure!

It's easy to talk as fans, but we judge too much...

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

01.19.2013 | 11:43 AM ET

"he said hes still not in the mood for fooling around. Well I'd like to know who that woman was that was rubbing his chest after the fight and when in the ambulance after the fight"

I had my doubts as to the gender of JM Barrie. 
.  This pretty much clears it up. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

JM Barrie
JM Barrie

01.19.2013 | 11:57 AM ET

what you talkin bout,benjamin?

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,082  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

01.19.2013 | 12:07 PM ET

"You can't always just stop thinking about things that are bothering you."

^This. Professional athletes go through far more pressure than most likely 99% of you on here. Many like to crucify fighters on forums because everything they do and say is in the news, but lets not forget they are human beings who make mistakes like you and I. People say and do different things during emotionally stressful times. I'm sure losing the belt would only add to hard times.

I could only imagine what excuses some of you would say on here if you ever got in the cage and lost. Probably something along the lines like "I was hurt", "I got in a fight with my girlfriend last night", "I got down-arrowed on Tapology right before I went to the cage", etc. etc.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

01.19.2013 | 12:32 PM ET

He looked pretty sharp until getting hit with a few bombs from Cain ... so his excuses are exactly that ... excuses. 

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  35,082  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,409
  • Post Score: 322

01.19.2013 | 12:45 PM ET

...and what else should they be? No one is denying that he lost the fight. If this is how he needs to cope with it, than so be it. Honestly, what do you know about going through a divorce or fighting in a championship fight? ...and even if you do have experience in both, people deal with things very differently than you and I might. It's not really that big of a deal.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

01.19.2013 | 12:56 PM ET

lance armstrong would have been able to PERFORM and was that woman supposedly rubbing his chest "Really" there? + _ +
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

01.19.2013 | 12:56 PM ET

This just isn't surprising.

Nobody's said it yet, but JDS's wife was not traditionally beautiful. We each have our own tastes, but once athletes become famous and beautiful girls are trying to get in your pants, things change.  Without knowing any facts over this breakup, I'd assume that we'll soon see JDS with some mega-hot trophy chick. It's just what seems to happen with athletes and powerful rich dudes.

And yes it sucks for his wife, it's not fair, and men are pigs.  I'm still gonna call it like I see it.

"I live, I die, I live again."

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

01.19.2013 | 12:57 PM ET

good, i hate seeing young, successful guys already tied up.
JDS, go get you some high level *****!

i just hope he doesn't get crazy with the partying because he is from a really humble upbringing, and could lose his focus.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury: Beating Oleksandr Usyk 'puts me No. 1 status of all time' at heavyweight
  • UFC.com : MCFARLANE TOYS TEAMS UP WITH UFC TO CREATE POWERHOUSE LINE OF COLLECTIBLES
  • Middle Easy : Deontay Wilder Fears Jake Paul Could Leave ‘Too Old’ Mike Tyson In Coma, Rips Commission For Licensing Boxing Legend To Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier takes umbrage with 'magician at manipulation' Jon Jones dismissing UFC title reign
  • Middle Easy : Darren Till To Face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. In Pro Boxing Debut At Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Card
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brasileiro 2024 Breaks Record For Their Biggest Kid’s BJJ Tournament Ever
  • MMA Mania : He’s Back! ‘Gorilla’ Battles Chavez Jr. On Netflix
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Merab Dvalishvili shares video after 'huge accident' during Uber ride, walks away unscathed
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Merab Dvalishvili shows aftermath of frightening car accident, says he was uninjured
  • Bad Left Hook : Paul vs Tyson undercard: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr return, Sylve vs Schofield
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till books pro boxing debut vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till makes pro boxing debut at Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul event
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Tyson Fury, Darren Till, Cedric Doumbe, Frank Warren, Matt Brown, Carlos Ulberg, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action May 17-18
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney petitions for DQ win over Garcia
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Demetrious Johnson recalls UFC giving incentives to ‘whoever had the most traffic’ on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Coach Ready To Jump In ‘Streetfight Pool’ With Aljo
  • MMA Mania : 5 Cars Vs. ‘The Machine’
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos Enters Lightweight Grand Prix At ACA 176
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos To Fight For Lightweight Title At ACA 176