Topic: Pedro Nobre

Pedro Nobre replaces George Roop, meets Yuri Alcantara

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,861  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

01.06.2013 | 11:02 AM ET

at UFC on FX 7

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Pedro "The Rock" Nobre

Fighter Details

• Name: Pedro Nobre
  • Pro MMA Record: 22-7-2, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Rock
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: June 30, 2023 in SB
  • Weight Class: Flyweight | Last Weigh-In: 124.8 lbs
  • Affiliation: Nova União
  • Height: 5'5" (165cm) | Reach: 66.5" (169cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

01.06.2013 | 11:07 AM ET

Source for those of you who like them.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,861  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

01.06.2013 | 11:10 AM ET

oh yeah a source

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

01.06.2013 | 2:20 PM ET

Hell yeah, I'm happy to see all these Jungle Fights guys getting a chance to show their skills in the UFC
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 5 days, 9 hours, and 18 minutes from now.
sreimuth
sreimuth
  • Predictions:  79,494  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,245
  • Post Score: 262

01.06.2013 | 2:47 PM ET

Tough first fight for Nobre. I think he really agreed to this so he has a way into the UFC, then his next fight would be a flyweight. Either weight class he is a good addition.

"Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.- Ron Swanson https://www.instagram.com/seanreimuth/ Follow me."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.06.2013 | 4:05 PM ET

I really think that with Alcantara coming down from flyweight plus being UFC tested and Nobre being a natural featherweight this might be a bit too steep a task for him ... But like @Cthulhu said, he's taking a fight on short notice to get into both the UFC and their Brass' good books.

Good career move and I hope that after that he does fight at flyweight ... that division's in need of some more depth ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,531  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

01.06.2013 | 5:28 PM ET

goddamit UFC! why keep using Yuri Marajó as the guy to welcome new brazilian prospects to the UFC? Pedro Nobre has a great future ahead of him, but i don 't think he stands a chance against Yuri... this will only make a promising prospect look bad.
yossgold
yossgold

01.06.2013 | 7:32 PM ET

@vazio, I think they won't take it too bad if he loses ... my guess is they already had their eye on him for the flyweight division, needed a quick replacement and he was game. He's only just fought and didn't get too beat up so he's probably in shape.

I'm pretty sure he's going to get the "short notice/above his weight class" treatment and "live to fight another day" in the UFC.

Hey, and you never know, he may just pull one off, he's got the KO power (even though Yuri hasn't been KO'd before), stranger things have happened :)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

01.08.2013 | 6:12 AM ET

@vazio

A lot of us didn't think Hacran Dias had much chance against Alcantara. Nobre is a warrior, even if he loses he'll turn some heads. I just hate that he'll be outsized, much like he was against Moraes. Definitely not an idea debut. 

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

yossgold
yossgold

01.08.2013 | 6:20 AM ET

@StealingFire, I don't think this is the same case, since Hacran was already considered a stud at featherweight and had a full camp to prepare for Alcantara ... Nobre, on top of being unproven against top brass is a flyweight while Alcantara is a featherweight coming down to bantamweight.

That's a 20lbs difference between them when they each last fought. Add that to the fact that Nobre's got UFC jitters, recovery from a fight in December (which granted, he won fairly easy, but still has a wear and tear) and the fact that Alcantara's proven UFC caliber two weight classes higher and you get a tall order for Nobre even if he's the next Anderson Silva. Plus he doesn't have that much time to prepare for Alcantara's style.

Not saying it's impossible, just saying it might be just that bit too much for him right now.

* Edited at 01.08.2013, 6:51 AM ET *

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,023  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

01.08.2013 | 7:00 AM ET

Regardless how this fight goes I think it's still a good deal for Nobre. If Yuri wins this fight Nobre still is in the UFC and can drop to flyweight after this.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

yossgold
yossgold

01.09.2013 | 12:29 PM ET

Yup, he's definitely in a win-win situation.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown shed a tear after telling UFC he was retiring: ‘A piece of you dies’
  • MMA Mania : Volk: BMF Belt Makes Another ‘Blessed’ Fight ‘Worth Getting Out Of Bed For’
  • MMA Junkie : Grant Dawson draws rebound inspiration from teammate Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of Benavidez?’: Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Why would he be scared of David Benavidez?’: Jim Lampley says Canelo not afraid of a challenge
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Daniel Cormier loves Jon Jones’ ‘smart’ call for Alex Pereira: ‘It’s much less risky’ than Tom Aspinall
  • MMA Mania : Saint Denis Vs. Tsarukyan ‘Would Be Perfect’
  • Jits Magazine : Alex Pereira Challenges Anthony Smith To $50,000 Grappling Match, Smith Accepts
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • Jits Magazine : Big Names Hit The Mats At IBJJF Atlanta Spring Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’