Topic: Off Topic

Tapology Talks: Videogames

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.04.2013 | 6:41 AM ET

Haven't seen a thread on this so i thought I'd make one.

So what's Tapology playing?

I've been dabbling in a bunch of games but i keep going back to Uncharted 3,Black Ops 2 and BF 3 multiplayer.

* Edited at 01.04.2013, 6:42 AM ET *

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Responses

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.04.2013 | 7:24 AM ET

Right now I'm playing DayZ (ARMA 2 mod),League of Legends,Madden 13,Mount & Blade:Warband,Halo 4,Team Fortress 2 and have been trying to buy Chivalry:Medieval Warfare for 2 days,But Steam doesn't want me to own it.

I absolutely cannot stand Call of Duty.I can explain why if you'd like lol.I still like CoD4 btw.

Some of my all-time favorite games are,In no order besides Halo:
Halo (franchise)
Left 4 Dead (series)
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Was actually my first PS2 game)
Call of Duty 4
Grand Theft Auto (series starting with GTA2)
Half-Life (series)
Counter Strike (series)
Star Wars: Battlefront (series)
and I'm probably forgetting some more.

I like the idea for a thread.Hopefully some other people join in.
AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.04.2013 | 7:31 AM ET

I'm so bummed that they haven't made another Battlefront game.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

01.04.2013 | 7:37 AM ET

Minecraft, RTW, MTWII, and the NFS series.

Not much of a gamer,casual at most.

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

01.04.2013 | 8:00 AM ET

Got a PS3 on black friday. Just got around to playing it, InFamous is pretty ******* cool. Reminds me of a little gem I played on 360 called The Saboteur.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

eXtv
eXtv
  • Predictions:  4,370  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 156

01.04.2013 | 8:19 AM ET

What I've been playing

PS3
Journey (If you have a PS3, you need to get this. Just ******* do it. I don't want to spoil much of it here but it's unlike anything I've ever seen before, and my personal GOTY 2012)
The Walking Dead (feelsbadman.jpg)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (A Hardcore Medieval Fantasy Horror JRPG. Probably the most difficult game I've ever played, but very deep and super rewarding.)

PC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (My GOTY 2011, a near-future Conspiracy laden Stealth/RPG/FPS epic. A must play, one of my All-time Top 10 games)
F1 2012
The Witcher 2

Steam sales have helped me expand my PC library, all those 75% off deals are just too good to pass up on.
eXtv
eXtv
  • Predictions:  4,370  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 156

01.04.2013 | 8:20 AM ET

Oh and MadMikeXD, what is it that you dislike about Call of Duty exactly? I'm curious.

* Edited at 01.04.2013, 9:39 AM ET *

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,914  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

01.04.2013 | 8:24 AM ET

Not much of a gamer anymore, I still play from time to time but the only game I'm looking forward to is the new GTA...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

01.04.2013 | 8:25 AM ET

I haven't played anything since my Xbox got the red ring of death for a second time last year.

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

01.04.2013 | 9:19 AM ET

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

01.04.2013 | 9:53 AM ET

I used to play a lot of video games in elementary school, all gangster with my PS2 and ****. Was a big fan of platformers but I game for the stories, they're just interactive movies for me. That's why I loved the Jak and Daxter series, my favorite games ever.

In high school I went into PC gaming, grade 8 I played an assload of Counter Strike Source. By god I love that game.

Grade 9 and 10 I became a little more of a casual gamer and I just played COD4 and CODMW2 (I liked the multiplayer but I was initially hooked with the campaigns which are excellent). Also modded the **** out of my Madden NFL 08 and NHL 09 PC games, especially NHL 09. The PC community for that game is amazing, they're always updating everything.

Last year I kinda just stopped gaming altogether, until this holiday break when I got my new laptop. Just got CODMW3 and I'm looking forward to the campaign and I beat Assassin's Creed 2 a couple of days ago. I love the story but the gameplay in Ass Ass Creed is AMAZING! I'm not that big of an open-world sandbox fan (I got Just Cause 2 and it was fun but eh) but Ass Ass Creed is just so much fun. Also playing a lot of FIFA 13, that game is amazing as well.

"الله أكبرl"

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.04.2013 | 10:34 AM ET

Someone made a Tapology group on steam , there's like 4 or 5 members there.  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheTapologists

Right now im playing Dungeon Defenders , Chivalry and Saints Row the Third co op with my cousin.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.04.2013 | 10:46 AM ET

Sorry CoD fans this was requested lol.

I was a big fan of CoD 4 and would play it with my buddies all the time.I enjoyed WaW and zombies was a cool addition.Then MW2 hit and it all when downhill.MW2 was filled with exploits and overall unbalanced gameplay (much more than WaW)

Sniper kids became more popular as did "quickscoping" and soon domination games were filled with guys trying to hit 360 noscopes and so called "mlg kids" who don't understand objectives and only worry about getting a high K/D ratio.I started to get sick of losing because of people who don't care about winning only hitting no-scopes or having high K/D's.In Search and Destroy people don't go for the defuse and sit there until the round ends to avoid a death (and lose the game)

The series became stale and every new addition was a re-make of the last re-skinned with a few new guns/features.The community is horrible and doesn't understand teamwork.Teamwork and winning,To me is the joy of team-based FPS.Nothing like wrecking the opposition fair and square.Seriously try telling someone on your team to cap a flag,You will probably get some 12 year old calling you a "F@G"

Also they release a new game every year ($60)
and 3 map packs with every new game ($45)
So unless my math failed me that's $105 for basically the same game every year.

CoD 4 was innovative,WAW built on that and everything afterwards was terrible.

Oh and if anyone thinks I'm biased or am just a "hater" I played CoD 1,2,4,WAW,MW2,BO and MW3.
I only got MW3 during a steam sale.I enjoyed the games up until MW2.

Sorry for the novel.That's why I didn't include it in my first post :P
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.04.2013 | 10:52 AM ET

I agree with you completely about the cost per year . Battlefield takes more skill anyway. I wish EA would quit trying to compete with steam and put Battlefield 3 on Steam.

Favorite games of all time

NES: Techmo Bowl , TMNT  , Punchout 
SNES: FF3  ,  Super Mario World  , Link to the past  ,  Sim City  , Secret of Mana
N64:  Goldeneye  , Super Mario 64 , Mario Kart  , Ocarina of time , South Park
Gamecube: Timesplitters 2  ,   NHL Hits 20-02
PC:  Portal 2  , Skyrim  , KOTOR 2  , WoW / City of Heroes , Unreal Tournament
Arcade:  NBA Jam

did'nt play much Playstation or Xbox . i was a loyal Nintendo kid untill the gamecube ruined that for me . then i stayed mostly PC

* Edited at 01.04.2013, 11:37 AM ET *

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.04.2013 | 10:52 AM ET

Thanks Curtwag.
Oh yeah The Steam group.I made it after I added a few guys from the site on steam.Good way to add each other.If anyone in the group wants admin just ask.

Link
Anik
Anik

01.04.2013 | 10:57 AM ET

COD4 was amazing. Love that game.

"الله أكبرl"

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

01.04.2013 | 10:57 AM ET

OMG How did I forget Super Mario 64 on my all time favorite games.

Anik
Anik

01.04.2013 | 11:03 AM ET

AH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT

I ******* DESPISE Mario. With a passion. Mario games are more overrated than Nick Diaz, Rousimar Palhares, Alan Belcher, Hector Lombard, Chris Weidman, Mark Munoz, the New England Patriots, Eli Manning, Kobe Bryant, Alex Ovechkin, Tiger Woods, Goodfellas, Al Pacino, Eminem, the Rolling Stones, AC/DC and Run-DMC combined.

Yes it's possible.

"الله أكبرl"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

01.04.2013 | 11:04 AM ET

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

01.04.2013 | 11:21 AM ET

GTA V couldn't come out soon enough.  
SonnensSyringe
SonnensSyringe
  • Predictions:  79,138  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,881
  • Post Score: 337

01.04.2013 | 12:41 PM ET

Halo master race here. Halo 4 multiplayer is a nice breath of fresh air after Reach left a terrible taste in everyone's mouth. Still, I feel the need to rank the series by both story and online play, which would omit the first game from the latter.

Story:
Halo: Combat Evolved>Halo 3>Halo Reach>Halo 4 (have yet to complete the story)>Halo 2

Multiplayer:
Halo 3>Halo 4>Halo: Reach>Halo 2

I detest CoD by the way. Everything after CoD4 is non-innovative and unoriginal. Plus the fan base is enough to drive anyone with respectable taste in gaming away from the franchise. 

"You look like a 1987 John Hughes high school bully." - Swickotine

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic: 'Somebody is going to get oiled up' if I get snubbed of bonus at UFC on ESPN 55