Topic: Michael Bisping

Michael Bisping likely for title shot with win over Belfort

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,363  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

12.16.2012 | 12:13 AM ET

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani

From tonight's Dana scrum: “@davedoylemma: Dana says Bisping probably gets title shot if he beats Belfort”

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Michael "The Count" Bisping

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Michael Gavin Joseph Bisping
  • Pro MMA Record: 30-9-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Count
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: November 25, 2017 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 186.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: RVCA
  • Height: 6'1" (186cm) | Reach: 75.5" (192cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,828,000 USD
  • Born: Nicosia, Cyprus
  • Fighting out of: Anaheim, California
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

12.16.2012 | 1:26 AM ET

sorry but that is how I had it when I saw the fight. I picked Chael to win it and wanted him to win it. But Michael won that fight.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.16.2012 | 1:27 AM ET

I'm a big Weidman fan, and not really huge on Bisping (although I enjoy it when he is trolling like he has been recently), but Bisping deserves the shot if he gets by Vitor. And Weidman's not really getting screwed...he's kinda hurt right now.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.16.2012 | 1:27 AM ET

When I saw the fight live, I had it for Chael. After rewatching it, gave it to Bisping. Have a feeling I'll change my mind again if I watch it a 3rd time.
Dela Riva
Dela Riva
  • Predictions:  660  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  405
  • Post Score: 130

12.16.2012 | 2:55 AM ET

UFC's matchmaking is in a dark place right now.
StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

12.16.2012 | 10:15 AM ET

I shouldn't be surprised at all the negativity with Bisping's possible chance at a title shot, but I am.  I really don't see a better option at the moment.  Weidman would be my first choice, but he's out for a while.  Belcher hasn't beaten anybody at the top of the food chain yet, we all know Boestch has looked worse than his record would indicate in his last couple fights.  There really isn't another option for Silva at the moment and Bisping has looked good lately.   

Besides, for all the Bisping haters out there, wouldn't you want to see Silva beat the snot out of the Count?   Cause that's what would happen...

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

DelRose
DelRose

12.16.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

It would be nice to have an opponent thats at least remotely talented as silva is for him to fight. But i'll take pleasure in watching bisping having to deal with a loss more humiliating than his fight with hendo.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

12.16.2012 | 12:08 PM ET

I don't see Bisping beating Vitor but if he does he deserves a title shot. I still would like to see Vitor get another fight with Silva. I think Vitor is the only guy at mw that can stand with Anderson and have a chance. Weidman would give Anderson a better fight then Bisping as well because he is more well rounded. I think Weidman does probably need one more big win before a shot at the title.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

12.16.2012 | 12:39 PM ET

I have no problem with Bisping getting a shot at the title, I was just commenting on Mike's comment about competition Weidman has faced. I still don't think Bisping has any official wins against top competition. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.16.2012 | 6:04 PM ET

Thank you God. Bisping getting a title shot opportunity over Weidman is great news.

"الله أكبرl"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

12.16.2012 | 6:10 PM ET

And what if Belfort wins? Does he get the shot? lol.

Realisticly,if Belfort wins, he should get the winner of belcher okami.

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

12.16.2012 | 6:27 PM ET

@ Mike "Why doesn't Weidman fight 1 top 10 guy first. I dont know, just a thought. "

You mean someone like, say...  Maia (on short notice) or Munoz?  Both were top tens when he beat them, which is funny because the only top ten Bisping has ever beaten was Stann, and *****ping was begging for a title shot LONG before he won that one.  Weidman would finish Bisping.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja ready to claim ‘King of Rio’ title if Jose Aldo retires
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch reveals his side of Sean O'Malley's sparring session with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia live stream online
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Stream: Highlights, Results And More!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: There's no respect for 'smaller dudes' Conor McGregor, Max Holloway if it weren't for Jose Aldo
  • MMA Mania : How To Stream Canelo Vs. Munguia PPV Card
  • MMAFighting.com : Michel Pereira blasts ‘scared’ UFC middleweights for refusing fights, done calling out opponents
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 'Embedded,' No. 6: 'I suspect we're going to piss off a lot of Brazil'
  • MMA Mania : Preview: Canelo Vs. Munguia Full Fight Breakdown
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Agrees To Write Script For Netflix Film Based On Her Memoirs
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith dismisses online trolls ahead of UFC 301: ‘Fans are stupid’
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown announces his MMA retirement: ‘Not doing it again, I’m out’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 MMA retirement tracker: A list of those who hung up the gloves
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown, owner of second-most knockouts in UFC history, announces MMA retirement
  • Middle Easy : Alex Pereira Responds To Jon Jones’ Callout, Says Bout With ‘Bones’ Will Be ‘Biggest Fight Of His Career’
  • MMA Junkie : Stephen A. Smith 'disgusted' by Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson being sanctioned as a professional boxing bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Jonathan Martinez already beat two of his UFC heroes, Jose Aldo is next: ‘He had his chance’
  • MMA Mania : Cha-Ching! Canelo Expected To Earn Massive Cinco De Mayo Payday
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Steve Erceg live stream watch party at 9:45 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : Nishida beats Rodriguez for IBF bantamweight title