Tapology Forums

Rashad Says He Can Hang With The Spider.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BodyModifier
BodyModifier
  • Predictions:  21  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,608
  • Post Score: 152

05.05.2011 | 5:54 PM ET

As much as Bisping or Rashad like to think Micheal has a chance I highly doubt it. His take downs could help with this but I don't think he could rough him up down there. I also think Anderson is far too elusive and wouldn't be worried about this. Since Bispings shots aren't as effective as Sonnens. 
Also Bisping leaves his chin high and that's how Hendo caught him. Bispings footwork is far too predictable for a counter striker like Anderson. He would be going to la la land if he tried to traide with Silva and it may take a round or so to get in the groove to figure out MB's timing, but he'd figure it out and we'd have another knockout high reel for "The Spider".
I hope he's not ballsy and tries to use his sloppy Muay Thia against one of the best in the world. Anderson would shrug it off and probably show him how to really properly use the Muay Thia clinch. 
I for one am not a Bisping hater but come on. This won't look too well for "The Count".

Source: http://www.addictedmma.com/story-News_2459_Michael-Bisping-Can-Compete-With-Anderson-Silva--.php

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Responses

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

05.05.2011 | 6:00 PM ET

yea i dont see anyway silva wouldnt get the KO

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

05.05.2011 | 6:05 PM ET

I don't like Bisping's chances, but nor do I like any other middleweight's chances.  It's got nothing to do with Bisping.

"I live, I die, I live again."

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 6:05 PM ET

Edit title: Rashad says Bisping can hang with the Spider...lol.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.05.2011 | 6:18 PM ET

I agree with Gregory.  Silva is no match for anyone at MW right now.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

05.05.2011 | 6:47 PM ET

Is there really anyone that is in the MW division that can hang with Spidey? Rashad nor Michael have a chance at beating him! Rashad's last fight did not IMPRESS me at all, rather is was very Boring, but a W is a W in the game of mma. Unfourtnate I was watching him fight live :(. Anderson Silva's take down defense is too good as well :)

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

05.05.2011 | 6:48 PM ET

Rashad says that Bisping could hang with the spider?  Is he trying to promote that fight?  What the hell did Bisping ever do to him to deserve that?  At least we would get to see another photoshop frenzy on the net. LOL.

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011

05.05.2011 | 6:49 PM ET

And besides, Why is Rashad talking for Bispings defense? I would think Rampage would be doing all the talking since they both fight out of the wolfslair??

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.05.2011 | 6:51 PM ET

"Also Bisping leaves his chin high and that's how Hendo caught him."

And that fact he circled towards Hendo's right hand instead of away from it.

But no Rashad and Bisping would have no chance (on paper) to beat The Spider. Rashad's speed advantage would be negated and though he could take Anderson down (his best chance), Silva's has demonstrated he has no problem fighting off his back. Still if Rashad wants to be humbled, then by all means have a go :D

Bisping's best chance would be on the feet. So in other words he would be screwed. He would get tagged and Silva would waste no opportunity to put him away.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 7:02 PM ET

@Mystical ninja. I honestly believe his best chances are on the feet if he has any chance. He wouldn't be able to punish the spider on the feet even if he did hit him a couple of times. He has no power to put him away. 
Silva would submit him off his back if it stayed there long enough. 
Anderson said he wanted to fight Bisping in his home country but I'd rather see other potential match ups. 

BodyModifier
BodyModifier

05.05.2011 | 7:03 PM ET

@mystical ninja. So basically your whole post I agree with and I basically said the same thing in my post. I'm just trying to get my post to 100 posts! lol. I hate being a white belt.

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.05.2011 | 7:38 PM ET

@UfcChick.. I know right?  That came from left field.  What is Rashad doing talking up Bisping?

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

05.05.2011 | 7:54 PM ET

Yeah, no way that doesn't end with Bisping unconscious. Some people think Anderson can't wrestle at all because of that Sonnen fight. He dealt with Hendo perfectly well, and has one of the best switches in the sport. Bisping is....not good. Easy win for Anderson, I hope this happens because some people actually think Bisping would win.

"We Are All One"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.05.2011 | 8:06 PM ET

Rashad may be able to hang with Spider due to his wrestling but no way Bisping hangs with Spider

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.05.2011 | 8:20 PM ET

I think Bisping would fair no worse than many of the other contenders. He gets **** on a lot for no real reason IMO. I actually like watching him fight and I enjoy his personality; I don't find him off-putting or arrogant like a lot of people do. I think he actually stands a better chance than guys like Belfort, Maia, and Griffin, probably less than Okami and Sonnen, but about on the level of a Marquardt.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.05.2011 | 8:51 PM ET

I don't hate Bisping as I think he's a good fighter. I just think that best his hope against Silva would be in the stand up and since Silva is "top-of-the-food-chain" in that regards, that means his chances of beating Silva is slim.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

05.05.2011 | 9:12 PM ET

I don't hate Bisping, but I'm not really a fan either.  I just don't think he has much of a shot with, in my opinion, the best pound for pound fighter in mma.

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

Kalibo
Kalibo

05.05.2011 | 9:36 PM ET

I have the same opinion as Havok.  However, his personality does bother me a bit, with the slurs and spitting incident.

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011

05.06.2011 | 2:48 AM ET

yea that was totally not called for from Bisping. And I totally forgot Anderson did say that he would fight Bisping, but that would be a waste of an event!

AngelBoy
AngelBoy
  • Predictions:  142  |  52.1%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 113

05.06.2011 | 3:13 AM ET

Bisping got outclassed and out worked when he fought "The Axe Murderer" I am a diehard fan of Wanderlei but I am not blind enough to see that The Spider's striking ability is far cripser and laser guided precise compared to W.Silva it might not be as devestating but it is more likely to hit, Bisping was put on his arse a few times fighting a cautious W. Silva (due to recent plastic surgery) I see Damian Maia KO'ing Shane Carwin before i see Bisping beat the Spider.

"It's more glorious than fighting a bear naked and winning.............. by submission."

WinningOne
WinningOne
  • Predictions:  256  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 58

05.06.2011 | 3:33 AM ET

I think Shad has a better chance than most MW, he can be explosive and actually has quite good sub defence. Bisping on the other hand would get out classed in every single area.

"“I will knock your hair black” – Ken Shamrock to Ortiz"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski calls Jose Aldo featherweight GOAT ahead of UFC 301: 'He's how a champion should be'
  • MMA Mania : ‘12 Gauge’ Unloads On ‘Piece Of S—t’ Danis After Alleged Affair Claims