Topic: Glover Teixeira

No one will fight Glover Teixeira (except for Maldonado :))))))

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,528  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.30.2012 | 5:34 PM ET

Ok, this is starting to get ridiculous!!!!!!

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/9/30/3433492/rashad-evans-turned-down-glover-teixeira-fight-return-january-february

they all have solid reasoning, but I don't know ... this is just getting weird ... in the end Dana's going to get so pissed off at all of them he's going to let him fight Jon Jones for the title.
:))))))

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Glover Teixeira

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Name: Glover Teixeira
  • Pro MMA Record: 33-9-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: January 21, 2023 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 205.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 76.0" (193cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $1,203,000 USD
  • Born: Sobrália, Minas Gerais, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Bethel, Connecticut
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

10.02.2012 | 12:44 AM ET

EDu, Texeira can be in a main event. The guys style is exciting and he is a bad ***********er.  I hate this **** that if the casual ******* fans don't know someone it is justification for them to be ducked. 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

10.02.2012 | 12:44 AM ET

Honestly this must truly show how much of a ******* savage and ruthless mo fo you are, think about he has had 1 fight in the UFC, 1 fight. and he effed up a decent ranked fighter. SERIOUSLY after 1 fight you can go from, a guy making his UFC debut I was thinking "wow another brazilian who is scary looking and with a really stacked record fighting against a good 4 year UFC veteran who I have much respect for aaaannnnndddddd he just rocked him"

Glover I can see as the future, 11 TKO and KO wins 5 Subs, crazy to think about it how just how word of mouth and hearing what type of beast he us.

Rampage's body didn't want him, Rashad said no no, but props to Maldonado for taking this fight.

but unfortunate for him as well, he lost to Kingsbu and Igor (by decision) 

and if
 Glover > Kingsbu > Maldonado
which means
Glover > Maldonado 

BEWARE OF GLOVER!!!

* Edited at 10.02.2012, 12:45 AM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

10.02.2012 | 2:14 AM ET

Not fully sold on Glover yet. Strong strikes, solid ground game. Hasn't beat any top tier comp yet though. He should beat Fabio on 3 weeks notice if he takes it to the ground, but this fight won't prove too much imo

"Grrr."

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

10.02.2012 | 2:20 AM ET

Not hating on the guy, but the win against Kingsbury looks lesser & lesser as kingsbury continues to get Ko'd. And Soukudju has always been severely 1 dimensional so imo the jury is still out on Glover and will continue to be…even after the Maldonado fight (also severely 1 dimesional)  Maybe he's the real deal though but for now its mostly on a conceptual level me thinks

"Grrr."

DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

10.02.2012 | 2:25 AM ET

It will be a glorious day when the Glover hypetrain is derailed, the guy beat Kyle Kingsbury who should be 0-4 in his last 4! Let him beat somebody first. He better not look past Maldonado. 

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

10.02.2012 | 10:21 AM ET

I'm not buying the Glover hype either I need to see him get some wins over good fighters first.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

10.02.2012 | 11:05 AM ET

I'm a sucker for hype trains. All aboard!!! When I saw the UFC Insider with Chuck praising him and Ed Soares saying "As soon as he called me saying he got his visa I immediately called Joe Silva to book a fight", I got on the wagon. He was also very humble in the interview, reminded me a lot of JDS. He is Lil' Cigano.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

BigBilbar7
BigBilbar7
  • Predictions:  5,254  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 94

10.02.2012 | 1:25 PM ET

i think Glover is all hype but praise goes to Fabio for steppin up on short notice!
MirkoBroCop
MirkoBroCop
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  327
  • Post Score: 269

10.02.2012 | 6:45 PM ET

Dude, there are people that dont wanna drive by that dude if he were standing at the intersection of a Highway! Rashad knew he would get eaten alive along with the rest of the LHW Division and Rampage knew it was in his best interest to go out looking good, not looking facedown to the canvas. Seriously though, Texiera should fight the winner of Davis/Prado or they should toss him Gustaffson.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

10.02.2012 | 6:48 PM ET

I think its a bit far to say Glover's all hype, he is getting turned down by top fighters because he isnt a big name yet but he is very dangerous

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.02.2012 | 10:18 PM ET

"Right, i saw too that Mittrione refused to fight Cormier .. Dana might be angry LOL"

yea dana deff PISSED.  I actually read an article with Mittrone talking about turning down the fight. He thank ufc for even calling him up. He said he wasent ready and if he would he do it in a heart beat which I kinda respected.  He said his skill set just not ready for that level yet and his weakest aspect is his wrestling which is true. He was pretty much saying he stand no chance against olympic level wrestler at this point and he that was probb a smart move in the big schema a things. But Dana was not a happy camper. His interview on the matter was not good. He was pretty mad saying he did understand why he turn down the fight and that he take a note of that. Think dana gets a little crazy at times lol

"here I come to save the day"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Preview