Topic: Off Topic

Slow Day in MMA News, Lets Talk about US!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.13.2011 | 11:49 AM ET

Since it's a slow day in the world of MMA, I thought it would be cool to talk about Tapology and ourselves.. anything at all regarding the same.  I'll get a brief start going..

I live in PA, am 30 and have been a fan of MMA since I was a teenager.  Work for the railroad and rarely ever miss an event regardless of promotion/stature.  I like Tapology b/c of the environment it fosters.  I wish we could edit/delete our posts... maybe have categories of threads for the forums, but all in all, I appreciate the type of place this is thus far. 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

Page 817

MMAChris
MMAChris
  • Predictions:  27  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: -200

12.21.2023 | 10:20 AM ET

No shame in using drugs to lead a better life, medicine is the future.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 4 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

12.21.2023 | 11:03 AM ET

Well it's not a better life, a better life is eating better and doing exercise, not pumping chemicals in to your brain that trick you in to dwarfing your appetite. 

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.21.2023 | 11:16 AM ET

For some people though that struggle is much harder because of other factors though, it's not as simple as "just be more disciplined". So using drugs as a helping hand is completely fine if it helps you reach your desired fitness goals and be happier.
This user is suspended from posting until 9 years, 7 months, 3 weeks, 4 hours, and 2 minutes from now.
Baron Von Rattus
Baron Von Rattus
  • Predictions:  92  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  693
  • Post Score: 304

12.21.2023 | 11:19 AM ET

Some people, a very small amount of people with genuine medical issues outside of being lazy and coping by stuffing their faces. If you can do it without drugging yourself then you should, rather than taking a shortcut 

"I’m in love, Robb, I’m in love with a billion billion people, and I know all of them better than I ever knew you, and they know me, all of me, and they love me."- A song for Lya

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.21.2023 | 11:39 AM ET

I agree with that. Drugs should not be the first option but I just think some people struggle more with impulse control, mabye as a result of past trauma, grief or a chemical imbalance like Gregory said. I hope
@JM Barrie 
reaches her goals either way.

* Edited at 12.21.2023, 11:39 AM ET *

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,848  |  54.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,617
  • Post Score: -69

12.21.2023 | 2:49 PM ET

I mean

I just want an apple to taste like a cheeseburger.

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.21.2023 | 4:00 PM ET

Air Fryers are a game changer for healthy eating. Easy to cook smaller portions of veg quickly, you can make home made healthier fries (or sweet potato fries). Great for cooking chicken or fish too and really easy to clean.

* Edited at 12.21.2023, 4:01 PM ET *

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,132  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,542
  • Post Score: 108

12.21.2023 | 9:50 PM ET

@Gregory 

Dude it mostly is willpower and discipline, stop looking to give fat/obese ppl the easy way out.

Your brain telling you to eat eat eat, is not some disorder or chemical imbalance due to your mental or some ****.

It's the horse**** they put in everything ppl eat now adays, get full on a ribeye, baked potato and salad for dinner.

I promise you nothing after that is telling you eat eat eat, mf you will wanna hiberate for the night.

* Edited at 12.21.2023, 9:51 PM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.21.2023 | 9:59 PM ET

@CrimsonChinGuru 
I'm pretty interested in psychology as a hobby (I'm no professional) and I think you are wrong, no offence. 

It is a recognised disorder and the stigma that is created by comments like yours are what make people feel anxious to seek help. This link explains it a bit better with a list of causes near the bottom, if you are interested. 

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/binge-eating/overview/
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

12.21.2023 | 10:50 PM ET

i would like a ribeye

"I live, I die, I live again."

Calfoth
Calfoth
  • Predictions:  3,083  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,841
  • Post Score: 174

12.21.2023 | 11:24 PM ET

If you’ve never had a greggs sausage roll, you haven’t lived 

"POUND FOR POUND, HEADSHOT, DEAD - Leon Edwards "

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

12.21.2023 | 11:52 PM ET

@MMAChris 

Yes binge eating is a disorder, no ****.

I'm talking about the regular ass dude/girl just stuffing his face with junk because he's depressed, or whatever else is going on in life.

Most fat ppl don't have binge eating disorders, it's 2% of the ADULT population 😂😂 

nice cope tho, if you need some medicine to lose weight and it's not because some medical issue.
You lack discipline and willpower, or are just ignorant in the field of nutrition and/or fitness and that is what is stopping you from your fitness goals; for example JM Barrie.

Don't coward around it and make excuses, you take away from people who actually have the discipline and willpower to stay in shape and not be fat/obese.

* Edited at 12.22.2023, 12:04 AM ET *

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.22.2023 | 12:04 AM ET

@CrimsonChinGuru 
you are not well educated on the topic.
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

12.22.2023 | 12:06 AM ET

@MMAChris 

You have no counter points, or anything of substance to say anymore after getting dismantled? Gotcha.

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

12.22.2023 | 12:07 AM ET

Medicine is for medical issues, so if you are taking medicine to lose weight and it's not a medical issue.

That is how medicine works. Not rocket science you dweeb
@MMAChris 

* Edited at 12.22.2023, 12:08 AM ET *

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.22.2023 | 12:14 AM ET

@CrimsonChinGuru 
You don't know who has a medical condition and you certainly don't know JM Barrie well enough to judge like that. Plenty of people have undiagnosed conditions and things like past trauma, grief or chemical imbalance can affect your brain more than "just be disciplined"

I'm not going to reply again as you seem unable to comprehend the point.
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

12.22.2023 | 12:18 AM ET

@MMAChris 

Gotta up your reading comprehension bud.

I said JM Barrie is simply ignorant to the topic of fitness and nutrition never said she didnt have some mental defect or issues that need medicine. Idk if she does or doesnt, you tried to make it seem like binge eating is the reason so many ppl are obese/fat. When it's actually about 2% of the ADULT population and anywhere from 25-50% of obese ppl, you aren't as well read as you might think.

What i was saying is she thinks binge eating because she's been on a diet for a few weeks is a good gameplan. 
When you can easily binge eat away all the progress you made in months just in 1 DAY.

Idk about you, I stay less than 10% bodyfat YEAR ROUND. Run 5k's, 10k's and lift.
I'm pretty ******* experienced in the field of fitness n nutrition, that is why I'm 110% confident I have a way better physique than you and have better endurance than you.

Keep white-knightin over JM Barrie You absolute nerd.

* Edited at 12.22.2023, 12:33 AM ET *

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

12.22.2023 | 12:28 AM ET

The only way you will ever lose weight is counting calories and staying in a caloric deficit.

It literally does not matter what you eat if you can stay in a calorie deficit, but ppl like this will peddle ******** and propaganda to make ppl feel they need medicine or **** to get in shape.

Count calories, try to eat healthier, stay in a caloric deficit and workout a lil. Stop looking for trendy diets or medicine to shortcut it, there is 0 shortcuts for hardwork.

Don't listen to obese/fat ppl giving advice on how not to be obese/fat.

* Edited at 12.22.2023, 12:36 AM ET *

MMAChris
MMAChris

12.22.2023 | 12:34 AM ET

@CrimsonChinGuru 
Again you completely miss the point 🤦‍♂️and instead try to flex with some made up stats that I don't care about.

The original point was that some people have more trouble controlling binging impulses than others.

You said in your first comment, "Your brain telling you to eat eat eat, is not some disorder or chemical imbalance due to your mental or some ****".

How would you know? Have you psychologically analysed JM? 

Just don't waste anymore forum space, your arguments are dull. Thanks.
CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru

12.22.2023 | 12:39 AM ET

@MMAChris 

So basically you are just trying to argue to argue and your reading comprehension sucks.

Gregory was proposing an idea where medicine for a diet might be helpful. And that your brain telling you to "eat eat eat" means you MUST have some disorder or imbalance, Baron replied pretty much saying "on average the regular obese person doesn't need medicine to lose weight." Which is facts.

1. Gregory isn't a Dr, nobody here is and nobody here knows her medical history except for her Dr... and nobody can diagnose her over a internet forum.
Therefore nobody knows if she ACTUALLY needs medicine to lose weight because we simply dont know.You are just making some outlandish assumptions that she could POSSIBLY have a binge eating disorder with no evidence of that or expertise in that given field😂 when that's not even the point being argued by Me.

3. Doesn't matter if you can't control your impulses, a lot of people without disorders can't control simple impulses. So another point that fell flat.

4. I was speaking in turns of Gregory's point as if failure in your diet is a reason to turn to medicine because you are sad or that might be evidence that you have a mental or physical disorder that is foolish and being weak minded and having 0 willpower. EVERYBODY FAILS, if you truly believe you have an issue. GO SEE A DR. And don't take advice from Tapology.

You are arguing some made up narrative in your head, when my point was pretty damn simple. THE AVERAGE OBESE PERSON DOESNT NEED DRUGS TO LOSE WEIGHT

* Edited at 12.22.2023, 2:28 AM ET *

Page 817

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’