Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson vs Okami

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

04.09.2011 | 1:21 PM ET

http://www.tatame.com/2011/04/09/Anderson-Silva-vs-Yushin-Okami-at-UFC-Rio-says-Nogueira
So, who takes it?

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.10.2011 | 9:23 PM ET

well, just stating what it says on the record. I imagine though if it was close enough to be seen as a stoppage then its likely okami couldve possibly still finished him.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.10.2011 | 9:30 PM ET

LOL! You're killin' me, Klown! You're killin me!

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

04.10.2011 | 9:52 PM ET

Not gonna lie, didnt start watching mma(specifically UFC ) till early 2010. Actually started watching WEC beforehand.
Okami does seem like a big strong guy though. That being said Anderson beats him.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

04.10.2011 | 10:13 PM ET

Geezhound... Okami has more of a chance at beat Silva than Vitor did. Vitor had virtually no chance besides a lucky punch landing and Silva doesn't get hit by big punches by sloppy brawlers. Vitor was so outclassed, especially coming off a year layoff, it was unreal. 

Okami is a grinder with good wrestling, decent striking, a ton of strength, and a ton of heart, that never stops coming at you. If Silva was still the aggressive Silva that he was before he came to the UFC and in his early UFC career then no one would stand a chance against Silva, that includes possibly even Jon Jones I think. Recently we haven't see that Silva that wants to finish the fight, he became a bit of a striking version of GSP. 

He will beat you up but doesn't want to risk too much to do it because he doesn't want to lose his belt. If classic Silva came out in this fight Okami would be extremely lucky to make it 1 round. With him being a counter-striker like he is now and not moving forward like he used to Okami could possibly grind this fight out. Push him into the cage, a few take-downs, don't get lit up too badly on the feet. It's not impossible for him to win. I don't expect it to happen, but he has much more of a chance than Vitor did...

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

04.10.2011 | 10:21 PM ET

I agree that it's not impossible for him to win, but extremely unlikely.

The only reason I thought Vitor had a chance is because he swings to knock you out, where as Yushin swings to score points. I assumed Vitor could rock Silva with a hard shot and capitalize, but I know Okami has no chance of rocking Silva at all.

And if people think he's going to put Silva on his back like Sonnen did, they're nuts because Okami is definitely not at Sonnen's level of wrestling.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

04.11.2011 | 7:17 AM ET

Okami def has a chance of winning a decision here, but I can't see him surviving all 5 rounds.  That is too much time for Anderson to find something.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

04.11.2011 | 1:39 PM ET

this fight will be one of 2 things...boring 5 round decision, or quick ko....either way, need a solid co main event to get me shelling out $45...

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

04.11.2011 | 1:41 PM ET

If chael couldn't beat anderson in a 5 round decision, no way in hell that Okami will.

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

DV8ed Septum
DV8ed Septum
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  57.8%
  • Forum Posts:  559
  • Post Score: 142

04.11.2011 | 3:23 PM ET

LOL @ Winningones Av. Very steamy.

"Grrr."

ToddLoc
ToddLoc
  • Predictions:  675  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 93

04.11.2011 | 4:42 PM ET

War Andy.  A Silva KO round 2

"Anderson Silva is the Greatest MMA Fighter of ALL TIME"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Demetrious ‘Mighty Mouse’ Johnson Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 video: Bryce Hall, Taylor Holder heated exchange leads to insane crowd fight
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 salaries: Mike Perry leads event payroll with 6-figure purse
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Is A Part Owner Of BKFC
  • MMA Mania : Highlights! Perry Steamrolls Alves With Quick TKO
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Mike Perry makes quick work of Thiago Alves, goes ballistic afterward
  • MMAFighting.com : Perry knocks out Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry knocks out Thiago Alves in 60 seconds, calls out ‘fat f*cking b*tch’ Darren Till at BFKC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Mania : Video! McGregor Drops ‘Huge’ News At KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘Absolutely savage’: Conor McGregor, other pros react to Mike Perry’s 60-second knockout at BKFC KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Social media reacts to Mike Perry's 60-second finish of Thiago Alves at BKFC: KnuckleMania 4
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves full fight video highlights
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Smashes Thiago Alves in 60 Seconds – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : ‘King Of Violence’ Perry Smokes Alves In Just 60 Seconds
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Lorenzo Hunt suffers gruesome arm injury after Mick Terrill drops him in first round
  • Middle Easy : Lorenzo Hunt Suffers Horrific Elbow Injury in Opening Round Against Mick Terrill – BKFC KnuckleMania IV Results (Highlights)
  • MMA Mania : Terrill Defends Heavyweight Title After Hunt Breaks His Arm
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 live blog: Mike Perry vs. Thiago Alves
  • MMA Junkie : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Disappointed Ben Rothwell claims quick injury TKO win over Todd Duffee
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 results: Ben Rothwell bulldozes through Todd Duffee in 43 seconds