Topic: Penn vs. MacDonald

Penn vs. MacDonald

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

08.19.2012 | 5:25 PM ET

Prediction: correct MacDonald   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Penn vs. MacDonald. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 16

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

12.09.2012 | 2:20 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Penn   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Man ... Penn took a beating. 

But, the man has STILL never been knocked down! 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.09.2012 | 3:20 PM ET

Prediction: correct MacDonald   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

@Mike  Man, there are worst things that can happen to a legend in the cage than be knocked down.  To remain on your feet and be picked apart like a vulture gorging itself on your intestines while you are still alive is a fate worst than a knock-down.

The Young Turk took careful measure and delivered shot after shot, painful liver shots to BJ's midriff, that doubled him over.  BJ had virtually no answers to all that pain.  You could see from his facial expressions that he was a beaten fighter.  That he made it to the finish showed excellent tenacity, survival skills and determination.

But he looked so small in comparison to a big WW.  If he doesn't retire, he must go to LW, or he will continue to dismantle his legend, fight by fight.  All that will remain will be a name, and eventually, even that will be tarnished.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

12.09.2012 | 3:24 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Penn   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Chuck Liddell might disagree that being picked apart is the worst fate. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

12.09.2012 | 3:35 PM ET

Prediction: correct MacDonald   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

im not sure I agree. I think what happen to Penn might have been worse.  Penn was never in the fight. thats not really the same thing for Chuck. in fact most of the fights chuck lost he was winning or equal to until the knock out.  I think that is not as worse. Because chuck was not really ever out classed he just got caught. But he was in the fight until getting knocked out. Penn was just never in the fight.

"here I come to save the day"

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

12.09.2012 | 5:52 PM ET

I have to thank MMAPicker for pissing me off and making me switch my prediction from a Rory finish to a Rory decision because his offensive words (as a BJ fan) made me look more closely at the possible outcomes.

I used to put WAAAAAY too much time into breaking fights down when I was gunning for the MMA Junkie fantasy belt, and although it paid off when I won it, I decided I needed to get back in the gym more than just be a critic to guys that were in the gym. It paid off and I lost over 20 lbs, got super healthy, and still do fairly well with my picks, but its a very dynamic sport, its not like baseball, where the better team will usually win, in a fight anything can happen, just ask Buster Douglas, Matt Serra, Or Gabriel Gonzonga.

JudoRandori
JudoRandori

12.09.2012 | 5:54 PM ET

I think everyone can agree that BJ is fighting on the wrong weight class; BJ got a lot more out "sized" than out "classed."
xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

12.09.2012 | 7:12 PM ET

BJ Penn is one of the best fighters that's ever stepped in to the cage, but Rory MacDonald is a new breed. The kid is the real deal and this fight was his for the taking.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

DelRose
DelRose

12.09.2012 | 7:38 PM ET

I didn't like his taunting, really unnecessary.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

12.09.2012 | 7:48 PM ET

@delrose, man for real. i've never been more angry in my life than when i saw rory shuffle

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

12.09.2012 | 7:48 PM ET

Prediction: correct MacDonald   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@DelRose, the crowd got pissed after Rory did the Ali Shuffle.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

DelRose
DelRose

12.09.2012 | 7:51 PM ET

@Kallous I hope carlos beats his ass in a rematch. You can tell after the fight, that his first fight with carlos is constantly lingering in his head. Let's see what it does to his psyche after he loses.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

12.09.2012 | 7:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct MacDonald   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

After seeing that fight, no way Rory never fights GSP. He will get tired of waiting.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

DelRose
DelRose

12.09.2012 | 7:53 PM ET

@lbj6 yeah, he thinks he's hot sh*t. BJ showed tremendous heart though.

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

12.09.2012 | 8:04 PM ET

Carlos will put his foot through Rory's face

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

ACFMMA
ACFMMA

12.09.2012 | 8:14 PM ET

I was kinda pissed that rory kept letting BJ off the hook. There was about 3 times when penn was almost out on his feet against the fence and the ref was just about to jump in. But rory backs up and lets BJ recover. Where the hell is the killer instinct on rorys part?
wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

12.09.2012 | 8:21 PM ET

i think macdonald wanted to punish penn. not finish him.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

12.09.2012 | 8:24 PM ET

You're exactly right wolf. There were a couple different times Rory could have ended this fight but he let up. I think he wanted to showboat more and really make a point by punishing BJ. I didn't like the showboating but it is what it is.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

12.09.2012 | 8:39 PM ET

Rory explained he thought Penn was still capable of a counter and didn't want to get caught... uh... I think you two are right though.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

12.09.2012 | 8:50 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Penn   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

"Man, there are worst things that can happen to a legend in the cage than be knocked down. "

@Bill I dunno man, just ask Paquiao, he got Knockdown last night and it cost him a superfight vs Mayweather and the millions that would've come with that  ;)

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

12.10.2012 | 2:28 AM ET

Prediction: correct MacDonald   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I agree that Rory backed off because he wasn't finished humiliating BJ.  He was really pissed that BJ disrespected him by challenging his injury.  His show-boating hot dog act was intended to make Penn pay for his disrespect.

We should call Rory Clark Kent, because he doesn't look like a fighter, but man does he fight like one.  He is so fluid, so loose, has so many tools, and mixes his attack like a master.  Superman, kick, jab, straight right.  He was like a well-oiled Rolls Royce.  

Rory is Clark Kent!

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Page 16

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Three-Time NCAA Champion Jason Nolf To Make Professional Grappling Debut
  • MMA Junkie : UFC books Tracy Cortez vs. Miranda Maverick for summer showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas targeted for UFC Fight Night headliner on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Money Doesn’t Equal Emotional Intelligence
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight