Topic: Gleison Tibau

Once again the judges strike again!!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

07.08.2012 | 9:26 PM ET

So if anyone watched the gleison tibau fight last night will know that he was robbed. I knew it, joe rogan knew it and his opponent Khabib Nurmagomedov knew it as well. This stuff is getting absolutely ridiculous because not only did they rob him, every one of the judges robbed him unanimously! I feel really sorry for gleison and i mean its things like this that make me believe there is a conspiracy theory that fights are rigged and the people are picked before the fights. 

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Gleison Tibau

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Janigleison Herculano Alves
  • Pro MMA Record: 37-19-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: N/A
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: January 21, 2024 in TBMMA
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 174.6 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Top Team
  • Height: 5'8" (173cm) | Reach: 68.0" (173cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $752,000 USD
  • Born: Natal, Rio Grande Norte, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Coconut Creek, Florida
  • Head Coach: Ricardo Liborio
  • Other Coaches: Howard Davis Jr., Chutiphat Runsgawang, Marcos Da Matta
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 4

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

07.09.2012 | 9:59 AM ET

He stopped Khabib from doing what he wanted to do, the entire fight. 

And absolutely nothing else of note happened from either guy, except for the brief moments on the ground, which was also Tibau's advantage.

If nothing else happened except for Tibau dominating Khabib in the wrestling department as far as takedown attempts.

And yes if you were fighting a HW or anyone for that matter and you are just diving at him over and over again trying to take him down and he is just throwing you to the side, yes he obviously wins. IMO.
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

07.09.2012 | 10:17 AM ET

We can all agree that fight should have been an explosive battle and we got 3 rounds of fail

If you truly believe the winners of fights are pre-determined, your boy Tibau could have just ruined their plans by, you know... getting a KO or SUB or Dominating atleast 2 rounds.

* Edited at 07.09.2012, 10:19 AM ET *

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy
  • Predictions:  13,158  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,307
  • Post Score: 144

07.09.2012 | 10:25 AM ET

I thought Tibau won the fight.  If I remember correctly, he even took khabib's back in RND2.  The judges just must have seen khabib being the 'aggressor' the entire fight and simply gave it to him on that alone.  I've seen more technical striking in highschool backyard fights than what khabib showed.  It was a windmill haymaker followed by a TD attempt over and over and over again.

"I just want to be known as the best ever, is that too much to ask? - BJ Penn"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

07.09.2012 | 10:26 AM ET

He takes his back in the 3rd round too pr0digy.
mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy

07.09.2012 | 10:37 AM ET

That's right he did.  I actually scored the fight 30-27 for Tibau.  When Buffer said "all 3 judges score the fight 30-27 for the winner...."  I knew for a fact that Tibau was getting the nod.  I guess that aggression gave it to Khabib though.  Man, if failed TD attempt after failed TD attempt gets you a DEC nod, then I'd have a chance to defeat Tibau as well.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

07.09.2012 | 11:04 AM ET

i had tibau picked for the win but tibau was defensive most of the fight and khabib ws offensive. can't win a fight being defensive most of the time. i agree with the decision and went against my golden rule of picking against russians. plus the russian was at least as strong cause he kept him against the cage. i think he was a little stronger too.

* Edited at 07.09.2012, 11:06 AM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

07.09.2012 | 11:49 AM ET

come on guys just let it go, the fight sucked and was very close,  it's not like Tibau was getting a titleshot anyway, the guy has a habit of loosing to top 5 guys. 

@wolfman, I picked Khabib 80% on the fact that he is Russian, they're tough badasses

* Edited at 07.09.2012, 11:50 AM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

mmAPR0digy
mmAPR0digy

07.09.2012 | 12:01 PM ET

I'm not up at arms about it, it just sucked bc I honestly thought Tibau won (plus I picked him via DEC on the site)  The extra 75pts was needed!   hah

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

07.09.2012 | 1:52 PM ET

I would have been cool with any score from that fight. If it came up as a draw, a UD for Tibau or whatever else I would have just accepted it. I really don't know how to feel about it. Both achieved **** all. But one tried to achieve something and go for takedowns and the other stopped him from achieving anything by having amazing defence. I don't know where I sit on this fight. Should Tibau get the nod for doing nothing but defend? Or should Khabib get it for failing with every attack? 

The thing that killed me most inside was Oliveria in the first fight. STOP TRYING THE SAME SUBS DAMN IT. TRY SOMETHING ELSE!

* Edited at 07.09.2012, 1:52 PM ET *

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

07.13.2012 | 11:23 PM ET

actually fight metric is wrong. tibau scored a takedown twice, as far as i remember, and definitely one in the third round. Also to award it as unanimous, while fight metric is saying that tibau landed the most significant strikes in each round is just ridiculous. Also i watched the fights again with commentary the second time and organ agreed with me on this one. Maybe the fact that i was there made it different for me but i saw it as a unanimous decision for tibau. And to all the people arguing about reaction, you got to remember the first two rules of the unified mma rules is that it's striking, then grappling, THEN aggression and octagon control. And tibau clearly had both the striking and the grappling, while i'd give it to khabib on aggression and a split on octagon control

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADCC Announces Date And Location For Amateur World Championship 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Haney Requests Garcia Rematch Because ‘Weight Played A Role’ In Defeat
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill Brutally Honest On UFC 300 Regrets, Who Should Be Next For Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Return Of The Bare Knuckle King
  • MMA Mania : PFL MENA Inaugural Event Set For May 10 In Riyadh
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive – Jamahal Hill Talks ‘Crazy’ BMF Title Clash at UFC 300, Comments on Ryan Garcia’s Epic Troll Job
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping warns Michael Chandler not to underestimate Conor McGregor: 'Can't be drunk on your own ego'
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Prograis says karma caught up to Haney in Garcia fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘What goes around comes around’: Regis Prograis says karma caught up to Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Stop Running!’ Vieira Claims Harrison Declined UFC 303 Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Jamahal Hill On Fighting Khalil Rountree So Soon At UFC 303, Rejecting A Main Event
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva explains how fast UFC rise was actually deceivingly long
  • MMA Junkie : Marlon Vera calls out Petr Yan for November showdown after he previously 'declined,' Yan fires back
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Strongman Hall Breaks Pereira Punch Record ... Kind Of
  • MMAFighting.com : Coach Rafael Cordeiro: Beneil Dariush took time off after repeated head trauma in 2023
  • UFC.com : It’s Not Just Winning For Victor Henry, It’s How He Wins
  • MMA Junkie : Title or not, Jamahal Hill says Alex Pereira rematch has to happen
  • MMA Mania : Video: Hill Praises Pereira’s ‘Gritty’ UFC 300 Ref Block
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Perry, Thiago Alves engage in tense faceoff ahead of BKFC KnuckleMania IV showdown
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference faceoffs featuring UFC vets Mike Perry, Thiago Alves