Tapology Forums

Strong words from Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

06.25.2012 | 4:10 PM ET

Anderson seems pissed during the media call today

full story http://mmajunkie.com/news/29383/champ-silva-threatens-sonnens-face-teeth-and-limbs-ahead-of-ufc-148.mma
here's some excerpts 

Silva- "What I'm going to do inside the octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport. I'm going to beat his ass like he's never been beaten before. I'm going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, (and) his legs are broke. He's not going to be able to walk out of the octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

I'm going to break his face and break every one of his teeth in his mouth." 

i'm even more excited for this fight now! i didn't think that was possible. Dana said he's never heard Anderson talk like that on his twitter account. I can't remember if he has either. can you guys? i'm pullin for Silva in this fight. i know there's a good amount of chael fans here which is cool. if we all liked the same fighters it'd be boring. 
so what do you guys think of these comments? i think he'll deliver. i'm always down to see some crazy ****

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

Responses Page 2

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

06.25.2012 | 5:38 PM ET

^^^Machida broke Couture's tooth when he kicked him. It was a tooth on the top in the middle.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.25.2012 | 5:40 PM ET

@justynbomar fair enough. Anderson Silva really isn't that disrespectful though and Chael Sonnen is extremely disrespectful. As for underdog status, Chael Sonnen might be the underdog on paper and in the money lines, but like I said he broke Anderson Silva and Anderson knows that.

@MQuestionable see, I think the Maia fight gets way too much hate, it was hilarious to watch in my opinion.

I think there's so much on the line for this fight and every MMA hardcore has so much energy invested into this match up that no matter what, every forum board is gonna blow up the next day. If Chael wins, Chael fans are gonna be making threads rubbing it into Anderson fans' faces and vice versa. 

@WishIsHere Clay Guida broke Gray Maynard's tooth with his power punches...

* Edited at 06.25.2012, 5:41 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

06.25.2012 | 5:45 PM ET

@anik Well ya Chael is disrespectful  as all hell outside of they cage but then when it comes time to step in the cage he shuts up and does he job is kinda what I was trying to get at, but I agree Chael did break Silva and ontop of that he his very clearly in his head.

"Is reality really realistic?"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

06.25.2012 | 5:50 PM ET

^^^Other than the Maia fight, when was he disrespectful in the ring.

* Edited at 06.25.2012, 5:50 PM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

06.25.2012 | 6:22 PM ET

I like Sonnen, he is a great human being. He is a philanthropist, he is amazing to his fans, he is a great fighter, he makes a great effort to make his fights interesting, he clearly puts his heart into training and his fights, he does seminars across the world, he promotes the sport on shows like Jim Rome, ESPN, TSN...

Oh, but because he is "acting to hype a fight, people don't like him. Get your head out the gutters if you think it is real.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

06.25.2012 | 7:07 PM ET

just listened to the audio.
dont know if that makes any diference to anyone but i have some clarifications:
- he really sounded angry, not your typical anderson
- he didn't use the word criminal. he said "marginal".
- he said sonnen had problems with the american justice and steroids, not that hes convicted of crimes.
- it wasnt translated, but he said something about giving Sonnen every beating Sonnen didnt get when he was a kid (it was translated in the third question, but he mentioned it before (thats why i fought it wasnt translated))
- he mentioned that this time he is not injured
- the rest of the stuff is just like translated

* Edited at 06.25.2012, 7:22 PM ET *

wake99
wake99
  • Predictions:  20,593  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,334
  • Post Score: 282

06.25.2012 | 7:09 PM ET

Here's the audio

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

06.25.2012 | 7:16 PM ET

Anderson being this pissed coming into a fight can be dangerous for Silva, but it could also be very dangerous for Sonnen. It brings to mind Tito Ortiz. Trash-talking worked for Tito against Ken Shamrock, but it backfired against Chuck Liddell. Trash-talking has worked for Nick Diaz both in and out of the cage, but it's also backfired against him as well. Sonnen is playing with fire, and Silva is stepping into an area where he's never been before. A pissed of Silva could be a good thing or it could create the first in cage death in UFC history.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.25.2012 | 7:38 PM ET

@justyn how come a guy that uses steroids or whatever  substace he was on, is "respectful" on the cage, that just tells me that he wants to win no matter what and that he felt he needed the extra help.
I´ve never been a fan of Silva But I want Sonnen to STF UP and if Silva is the one that does it so be it, like I said before he has the skills and the tools to do it.
Sonnen nuthuggers can thumb down as they please

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

06.25.2012 | 7:45 PM ET

@legacy because he doesn't dance around with his hands down, he doesn't talk ****, he doesn't give people the finger, he simply goes out there and fights. If you don't like Sonnen than cool I get that but him coming into ONE single solitary fight with elevated testosterone levels isn't him disrespecting any other fighters and you saying it does is extremely flawed logic to say the least. 

"Is reality really realistic?"

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

06.25.2012 | 7:48 PM ET

Sonnen talks so much **** @justyn, that's one of the things I like about him lol
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.25.2012 | 8:17 PM ET

@Justyn I could simply ask you if you tought Overeem was disrespectful or not, to the sport, to the fighter and the UFC and everyone involved with the fight, when he showed elevated testosterone for his fight with JDS.
but I´m going to explain my logic. If a fighter comes with elevated testosterone even for 1 fight, his opponent is at an unffair disadvantage, that alone is not respecting the rules, isn´t it??, as simple as that, furthermore  having an unnatural and unffair advantage it´s not showing respect for the opponent because it could have resulted in an injury that put him at risk, of course an injury is one of the risks of the sport but it´s possibility increases as a fighter chooses to use a banned substance to increase, his strenght, stamina or whatever.
I hope my logic is clearer now.
Also bear in mind that not because an opponent doesn´t show blatant dissrespect inside the ring doesn´t mean he is respecting his opponent, finallly the disrespect Sonnen has shown outside the ring to Silva, his family and his country is much bigger that the dissrespect that Silva shows for his opponents, being "flashy" inside the cage it´s not the wrost form of dissrespect, but granted it´s not respectful either.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.25.2012 | 8:21 PM ET

Silva is playing right into Chael's hands here. When you fight angry you are more liable to make mistakes. Chael is the type of fighter if you make the smallest mistake against he will capitalize. I really hope Silva doesn't get out of control and get dq'd. Then all we'll here is how Chael really didn't beat Silva. That would be the worst possible outcome. I hope Chael wins and I think he will.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.25.2012 | 9:14 PM ET

Thanks @C_around.. I love how that tool mgr of Anderson's mis-translates crap all the time... making things sound different and twisting them to his benefit.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

06.25.2012 | 11:04 PM ET

Another area where trash-talking worked and backfired in a fighter's career. Roberto Duran trash-talking Sugar Ray Leonard, and the comments Duran made about Leonard's wife. Leonard played right into Duran's hands in their first fight, but then the 2nd fight Duran said, "NO MAS!".

For Duran in the first fight it worked, but the 2nd fight, it didn't.

Muhammad Ali's trash-talking backfired against him in his first fight with Joe Frazier, but the 2nd and 3rd fight, it payed off.

If the trash-talking works for Sonnen, then he will get lots of kudos for being able to get inside Anderson's head, but if it backfires, there's going to be a lot of people pointing their fingers and laughing at Chael Sonnen.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.25.2012 | 11:08 PM ET

From what I've heard, Ed Soares eased up the translation, apparently what Anderson said was a lot worse.

"الله أكبرl"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

06.25.2012 | 11:13 PM ET

Source? 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

irishmaniac2000
irishmaniac2000
  • Predictions:  66  |  53.0%
  • Forum Posts:  421
  • Post Score: 69

06.25.2012 | 11:21 PM ET

Things that make you go, YES

"When you're the best fighter in the world, they don't call you a great fighter, they call you Chael Sonnen." - Chael Sonnen

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,174  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

06.26.2012 | 12:14 AM ET

I'm a little scared for Chael...Anderson sounded ANGRY on the conference call.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.27.2012 | 9:45 AM ET

"Silva is playing right into Chael's hands here."

Wishful thinking on your part.

"When you fight angry you are more liable to make mistakes."

true, but u are also liable to beat the ever living **** out of someone.

"Chael is the type of fighter if you make the smallest mistake against he will capitalize."

No he not. I think you have this backwards. Anderson the type of fighter where if you make a single mistake he makes you pay dearly as seen in his first fight with Chael. Chaels the type of fighter who out wrestles his opponents. Almost all of his loses are from making small mistakes. Chael hardly ever beats anyone via finish let a lone via a small mistake they made.

"I really hope Silva doesn't get out of control and get dq'd. Then all we'll here is how Chael really didn't beat Silva. That would be the worst possible outcome. I hope Chael wins and I think he will."

Your dreams will be crushed I assure you

"here I come to save the day"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : The History And Significance Of The ADCC Submission Fighting World Championship
  • UFC.com : UFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership With PCYC NSW
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Vegas 93 card official with 13 bouts
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Usyk is undisputed, Taylor vs Catterall 2, Canelo’s next fight
  • MMA Junkie : Belal Muhammad explains why he doesn't like 'piece of trash' Sean Strickland
  • MMA Mania : ‘Piece Of Trash’ Strickland Is ‘All Talk’
  • Middle Easy : Dustin Poirier Ready to Knock Islam Makhachev Unconscious at UFC 302: ‘The Ref’s Going to Be Pulling Me Off Him’
  • Middle Easy : Husband and Coach of UFC Fighter Hailey Cowan Arrested, Accused of Sexually Assaulting Minor ‘Hundreds of Times’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says next fight after Curtis Blaydes has to be for undisputed belt: 'I'll wait it out if I have to'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier makes bold prediction for Islam Makhachev fight at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : McGregor Labels ‘Little R—ard’ Topuria ‘A Non-Champion’