Tapology Forums

Strong words from Silva

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

06.25.2012 | 4:10 PM ET

Anderson seems pissed during the media call today

full story http://mmajunkie.com/news/29383/champ-silva-threatens-sonnens-face-teeth-and-limbs-ahead-of-ufc-148.mma
here's some excerpts 

Silva- "What I'm going to do inside the octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport. I'm going to beat his ass like he's never been beaten before. I'm going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, (and) his legs are broke. He's not going to be able to walk out of the octagon by himself. I can guarantee that."

I'm going to break his face and break every one of his teeth in his mouth." 

i'm even more excited for this fight now! i didn't think that was possible. Dana said he's never heard Anderson talk like that on his twitter account. I can't remember if he has either. can you guys? i'm pullin for Silva in this fight. i know there's a good amount of chael fans here which is cool. if we all liked the same fighters it'd be boring. 
so what do you guys think of these comments? i think he'll deliver. i'm always down to see some crazy ****

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

Responses Page 3

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

06.27.2012 | 12:39 PM ET

Part of Chael's response from ESPN.com

"I've fought 49 men, all professionals. He acts like I've never had a jaw set before. He acts like I've never had my head stapled shut in an emergency room before.

"Who gives a damn? He can do all those things." he added. "But one thing he didn't say is that he's going to beat me. One thing he didn't say he'd break is my will. One thing he didn't say he'd do is win this fight. We'll be in the middle of a cage stupid; I'd expect you to do those things."

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

barry
barry
  • Predictions:  1,157  |  57.0%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 82

06.27.2012 | 12:54 PM ET

i love the quote at the bottom,,,great stuff

"im going to beat u into a living death-KEN SHAMROCK ..i am not a car, i do not rust-gsp"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.27.2012 | 1:00 PM ET

There are two scenarios that could play out in this fight: Silva's rage consumes him and Chael capitalizes or Silva's rage consumes him and Chael is doomed.

Time to make your bets.

"الله أكبرl"

itfigures
itfigures
  • Predictions:  37,240  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,453
  • Post Score: 279

06.27.2012 | 2:00 PM ET

Chael looked ready to die against Bisping, and imo, lost that fight. Had it went 5 rounds he would've for sure lost. Anderson is going to make an example of him.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.29.2012 | 9:31 PM ET

@franklin thank you for rewriting everything I wrote and then just said I was wrong without backing it up. My point overall was if you make a mistake against Chael he will put you on your back or pass your guard etc. Some guys don't always capitalize on mistakes. Chael does. So does Anderson, but that wasn't my point. Obviously you're a silva fanboy and that's fine but don't be blinded by the huge challenge in front of Anderson.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Shalabi
Shalabi
  • Predictions:  474  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 125

06.29.2012 | 10:24 PM ET

Always like Chael. Met him and he was a quality person when not in his heel character. Hope he puts on a great show. If he has more submission skills he would be Ando's kryptonite. Too bad now Ando knows exactly how to stop him. He's got a 5-to-1 chance. Because every round he can be stopped and likely Ando cannot.
OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,951  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,408
  • Post Score: 322

06.29.2012 | 10:26 PM ET

He's just hyping the fight. The comment Chael made about his wife was like 6 months ago or some ****.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

06.29.2012 | 10:36 PM ET

@OldNick It's not about hyping it...did you hear Anderson's voice, he was angry. I've never heard him sound like that.

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23
  • Predictions:  2,885  |  59.7%
  • Post Score: 77

07.01.2012 | 1:23 PM ET

Sonnen

I agree. I know some fighters match up better against other fighters. But if Chael couldnt dominate Bisping what do u think Anderson is going to do. But i do believe Sonnen is looking past guys like Bisping and underestimating them. But i think Anderson did the same thing when he fought Sonnen the first time. The Spider thought it would b a easy victory and it wasnt. But this time he knows whats coming. Thats the thing with Sonnen hes got one thing with hes skills. Hes wrestling. Which hes great at. But with Silva hes got it all. My prediction Sonnen pushes the fight early. Then he figures out that Silva has been training so hard on his take down defense and he cant take him down as easily. Then Silva finds his range early in the 2nd rd. Then Silva just beats Sonnen's ass for the next rd. or so. Let's Sonnen know hes not on his level and the first fight was a fluke. By the end of the 3rd Sonnen looks bad and Silva beats on him so more. So the ref steps in with a TKO stoppage!!! 
Anik
Anik

07.01.2012 | 1:32 PM ET

Styles make fights, Bisping has great wrestling...Anderson does not.

"الله أكبرl"

ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23

07.01.2012 | 1:33 PM ET

Fluke

The first fight with Anderson was a FLUKE!!! Sonnen has one skill and that hes a great wrestler. Thats it. Sonnen couldnt even overpower Bisping. Bisping knew what was coming and almost won that fight. I was scared to death that Bisping won. Then we wouldnt have the fight of the decade coming up this weekend. But thats the thing Silva knows what is coming. Hes been training hes ass off for take down defense. Against guys that r bigger and stronger than Chael. If Silva can stop the take down like Bisping did. Well theres know if, he will stop the take down and he will break arms, legs, and teeth. I got $ on that ****!!!
ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23

07.01.2012 | 1:38 PM ET

When have u ever seen Bisping win a fight by wrestling. He beats people with his boxing. But i do agree styles do make a fight. Some fighters match up better against other fighters. But im telling u Sonnen fans this fight is not going to b like the first one. 
ICEMAN23
ICEMAN23

07.01.2012 | 1:40 PM ET

ya then he wore a shirt to a UFC event and it said medium rare. 
Anik
Anik

07.01.2012 | 1:49 PM ET

He doesn't win fights with his wrestling because he's a better striker than a wrestler first of all and second of all, look at the fighters he's fought in this decade excluding Chael Sonnen: Wanderlei Silva, Dan Miller, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Jorge Rivera and Jason Mayhem. He didn't NEED to win with his wrestling against any of those guys which is why he never used it. He showcased his wrestling against Chael Sonnen and he stole a round from him.

As for fluke, I doubt a 23 minute beatdown could be considered "fluke". There was nothing flukey about that, you don't just by luck beat up a guy for 23 minutes. Chael Sonnen is that good, don't let your bias cloud your judgement.

"الله أكبرl"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Vitor Petrino Aims To Continue Rapid Ascent
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Thinks Justin Gaethje Is ‘One Win Away’ From Getting A Title Shot Despite UFC 300 KO Loss
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski confident Max Holloway makes it 'look easy' against UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Middle Easy : Manel Kape Says He’s ‘Undefeated In The Streets’, Could Beat Israel Adesanya In A Street Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Valenzuela geared up to pull off win over Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m looking to upset the world’: Jose Valenzuela geared up to pull off upset over Isaac ‘Pitbull’ Cruz
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria vows to surpass Cristiano Ronaldo as highest-paid athlete in 2025: 'I have no doubt, really'
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Aljamain Sterling, Beneil Dariush, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg expects ‘bottles to be thrown at me’ following win over Alexandre Pantoja at UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : Ali Alqaisi vs. Samuel Bark featherweight title fight headlines UAE Warriors 50
  • Middle Easy : Alexandre Pantoja Tells Sean Strickland To ‘Shut Your Mouth’, Claims He ‘Smashed’ Sean O’Malley In Sparring And ‘Suga’ Has The Video
  • MMA Mania : Canelo Vs Munguia Fight Card, PPV Start Time
  • MMA Junkie : David Feldman: Conor McGregor a BKFC minority owner, 'but he has a lot of say in this company'
  • Middle Easy : Robert Whittaker ‘Very Confident’ His Grappling Skills Are Better Than Khamzat Chimaev, Reveals Gameplan For ‘Borz’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘The world is waiting for it’: Usyk’s promoter hopes Fury takes precautions for May 18 showdown
  • MMA Mania : Izzy Beware! Manel Kape ‘Undefeated In The Streets’
  • UFC.com : Significant Stats | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown rips boxing promoters refusing to follow UFC’s lead: ‘They’re still stuck in the 1990s’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 roundtable: Is Alexandre Pantoja ripe for an upset?
  • MMA Mania : Petrino Vs. Smith Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction