Topic: Gray Maynard

GRAY MAYNARD APPRECIATION THREAD

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.22.2012 | 11:22 PM ET

Gray Maynard definitely made me a big fan tonight. What he did in that 4th round was so freaking BADASS.

Clay Guida is going into the **** list, this was an awful showing. I did not expect him to run away from Gray for the whole night. This was worse than Anderson/Demian because in that fight, Anderson was just bored. Guida's legitimate gameplan was to run away from Gray. At least Condit landed a lot of strikes, Clay's landed nothing and he's just running in circles. Gray Maynard was there to fight, Clay Guida was there to win. AND GRAY WON ANYWAY!

GRAY GRAY GRAY GRAY GRAY!

"الله أكبرl"

Gray "The Bully" Maynard

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Bradley Gray Maynard
  • Pro MMA Record: 13-7-1, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Bully
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: October 06, 2018 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 156.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Power MMA
  • Height: 5'8" (173cm) | Reach: 70.0" (178cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $813,000 USD
  • Born: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
  • Fighting out of: Santa Cruz, California
  • College: Michigan State University
  • Foundation Style: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 3

SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

06.23.2012 | 12:52 AM ET

I bet Guida wouldn't have finished the opponents Gray Maynard decisioned 
AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,901  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

06.23.2012 | 12:53 AM ET

If you count Wayne Weems, Maynard has 3 finishes. lol
MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

06.23.2012 | 12:54 AM ET

I accept your apology babe.
Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

06.23.2012 | 12:55 AM ET

I have never liked Guida so dont pull this fabricated hate crap. I have posted many times that Guida is only exciting when getting his ass beat

This is an appreciation thread so if you dont like Gray then gtfo. 

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.23.2012 | 12:58 AM ET

This should be the appreciation thread to lay n pray. It'd be more fitting.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

06.23.2012 | 12:59 AM ET

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

06.23.2012 | 1:03 AM ET

What is up with all the mooseknuckle images lol

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

SpiderGuard
SpiderGuard
  • Predictions:  1,914  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  775
  • Post Score: 174

06.23.2012 | 1:04 AM ET

Isn't GSP like your favorite fighter? How can you complain about lay n pray?
p4pgoat
p4pgoat

06.23.2012 | 1:07 AM ET

GSP has never laid n prayed but nice try. You clearly don't know what lay n pray actually is.

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

06.23.2012 | 1:08 AM ET

Im pretty sure Shad has LNPed before too

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,271  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

06.23.2012 | 1:11 AM ET

To those wondering what Dana and Joe Silva thought of that fight, I don't know about Silva, but I posted this from Dana's Twitter in the main thread. In case somebody missed it, here it is again. Apparently Dana was not particularly impressed with Guida.

Dana White ‏@danawhite

Maynard won that easy!!!! Wasn't that close. HORRIBLE fight!

2hDana White ‏@danawhite

Oops it was a warning! Wish he did that in the 2nd round

2hDana White ‏@danawhite

Ref took a point from Guida for running! This is like the twilight zone!!!! Never thought I would see that

2hDana White ‏@danawhite

Crowd went from Guida fans to Maynard fans!!!

2hDana White ‏@danawhite

First time I have ever seen Guida get boo'd out of the building. I am booing too!!

2hDana White ‏@danawhite

I thought it was impossible for this fight to suck. I WAS WRONG!!!!!!

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

06.23.2012 | 1:14 AM ET

I'm gonna take a cue from this little quote and take the high road.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,225  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

06.23.2012 | 1:15 AM ET

@live2wrestle Not sure if that was directed at me, but I wasn't directing that comment at you...
Plus I've never said anything about not liking Gray, personally I'm not really a fan of either guy.  My problem is with all these people (which is very general, not trying to target anybody) that are hating on Guida now and saying that he just ran and didn't do **** and that they HATE him.  Like ***, what did Gray do in that fight to make anyone like him?  IMO both guys put on a bad performance and I don't see why Clay is being viewed as the bad guy.
Anik
Anik

06.23.2012 | 11:15 AM ET

Just wanna say that I think I overreacted a tad bit last night...lol.

While Clay Guida's performance was easily the worst I've ever seen, I think Gray Maynard's failure to take Guida down was his fault. But Gray at least tried to engage. For people who say Guida's gameplan was excellent and his footwork was great, I say you're wrong. Excellent footwork is Dominick Cruz confusing his opponents and making them bite on strikes that don't exist, excellent footwork is Anderson Silva moving with his back to the cage landing crazy strikes on the edge. Excellent gameplan is Carlos Condit landing flurries of strikes on Nick Diaz before moving (the stick and move), excellent gameplan is Fedor baiting kimuras and armbars on Rodrigo Nogueira to facilitate effective ground n' pound. This was not a good gameplan by Clay Guida.

The thing that disappoints me the most is that while I never really liked Guida (pretty neutral with him) I always made sure to tune into his fights because he's a warrior with true spirit. If there was one thing you could never fault Guida for, it's for taking his beatings like a man. He was the knight who would go out on his shield and EVERYONE would be able to respect that. He's always had the odds against him and it was his resilient spirit and dedication that made him what he is to this day, and everyone could respect that. But last night? That wasn't Clay Guida. Clay Guida did everything that Clay Guida doesn't do, and that made me and many more lose our respect for him. He sold out, he wanted to win but he didn't want to fight. I think that's why Gray Maynard got so much love last night from me and many others, not only because he kept it real but because he was showing off the spirit that Guida is so well known for.

"الله أكبرl"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

06.23.2012 | 11:18 AM ET

Good post
Anik
Anik

06.23.2012 | 11:40 AM ET

Thank you.

"الله أكبرl"

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Veteran Raphael Assuncao Spits At 10th Planet Black Belt After Disqualification Win
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him