Topic: St-Pierre vs. Condit

St. Pierre vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,668  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,583
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

06.13.2012 | 10:16 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Ugh you mean Albuquerque.

Why would he go to GSP's hometown? lol

* Edited at 06.13.2012, 10:19 AM ET *

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

06.13.2012 | 10:19 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

It is fairly obvious that Carlos will try to keep the fight standing.  Greg Jackson knows only too well GSP's wrestling abilities.  So, Carlos will indeed employ the kick and run tactics as Live2Wrestle so aptly predicted.

But can anyone really see him being strong enough to stuff GSP's shoots??  GSP has the most powerful shoot in MMA.  When he wants to take you down, you go down.  If you are standing, that is because GSP wants you on your feet.  It is GSP's decision if you stand or not.  Not yours.

And once on his back, Carlos will be at the mercy of those powerful knees and short hard elbows.  Think Serra II.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.13.2012 | 10:21 AM ET

Ha ha.  I was just saying . . . He's gonna be in a world of hurt if he tries to kick his bad knee.  It will enrage GSP to new heights of fury and rage.  It will be shock and awe.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.13.2012 | 11:02 AM ET

If Carlos or anyone else feels that they can play it cute and kick at GSP's bad knee, it would be the worst thing they could possibly do.  

GSP knows all too well that he must protect that knee at all cost.  Any threats to it will be met with an immediate and over-whelming response.  It will result in an instant and powerful take-down.  GSP would charge across the Octagon like an enraged bull, wrap his arms around the opponents legs, and crash into the wall.  He would then violently wrest the opponent away from it and slam him to the ground.

And once on the ground, GSP will behave like the opponent is trying to steal his career and release all his pent-up fears, aggression, and frustrations.  It will be automatic and over-whelming.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.13.2012 | 12:33 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

@bill. congrats on blue belt. your over 1000 posts. just make 1 more prediction  for an even 100 predictions. :- }
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

06.13.2012 | 2:29 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

"And once on his back, Carlos will be at the mercy of those powerful knees and short hard elbows.  Think Serra II."

Think you are serously underrating Condit ground game. I think you are gunna be shocked with the trouble GSP is gunna have with Condit ground game. He not going to maul him on the ground like you seem to be implying.

Serra though amazing at pure bbj is not all the create when it comes to MMA. His body type us awful for subbing people and he was way undersized for welter weight division. Comparing Serra2 to how condit will do on the ground I think is absurd.

"here I come to save the day"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.13.2012 | 2:44 PM ET

I think GSP mauls 2009 Conidt within 3 rounds. I think 2012 Condit gives him a good battle and makes it all 5, causing everyone to **** on GSP's lack of finishing ability. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

06.13.2012 | 2:47 PM ET

Especially because champions only face guys who are easy to finish so he obviously should never go to decision.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.13.2012 | 3:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

GSP will manhandle Condit, he is just much stronger, I´m not sure if Georges could Finish Condit specially after such long absence, on the other hans GSP was allready pissed about Diaz talking **** and ppl in general saying he was scared and stuff so if he´s still pissed off he will unload all his rage and frustration on him and that will be the end of Condit´s lackluster reign, but thats a big IF.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

DelRose
DelRose

06.13.2012 | 5:39 PM ET

I honestly see condit finishing this. GSP has been out for too long, not to mention he couldn't even finish his last several fights, the natural born killer is going to do what he does best...

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

06.13.2012 | 5:42 PM ET

@delrose. great minds think alike. the records of fighters coming off long layoffs and surgery is abysmal.
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.13.2012 | 5:55 PM ET

agreed with Bill, GSP will make Condit his *****.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

06.13.2012 | 6:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh........

So now, coming off an 18 month layoff, GSP's going to face a more well-rounded opponent than in any of his previous title defenses, who has only been finished by submission 3 times (last was in '06) and GSP is going to stomp him worse than Serra? Dude..... GTFO. Seriously. GSP will be using Jake Shields' gameplan against Condit. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.13.2012 | 6:04 PM ET

No he won't...are you honestly comparing Shields's ground work to Condit's? LOL

GSP is gonna take Condit down because his grappling is better than Condit's.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog

06.13.2012 | 6:06 PM ET

@Anik No.....You can't read....... GSP will be using the same gameplan Shields did to "beat" Condit years ago.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

RockZ
RockZ
  • Predictions:  242  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  457
  • Post Score: 137

06.13.2012 | 6:35 PM ET

This should be exciting.

Condit has the ability to finish by (T)KO, especially if GSP isn't 100%, but I think GSP won't fool around at all, not with what is on the line (not just the belt) and get a decision or the less possible sub. The safest bets are that Condit won't get a sub win and GSP won't get knocked out. I'm most glad of Condit finally approaching his potential; he's been good for a long time now. 

"Sure the fight was fixed. I fixed it with a right hand. - George Foreman"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.13.2012 | 7:17 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Condit is well rounded the problem is he's facing the most well rounded fighter there has ever been in any weight class in any organization. Like @bill said earlier wherever Georges wants this fight to take place is where it'll go. GSP is just simply better everywhere then Condit is. Condit is tough and talented but it's just a bad time to be a 170er if you're name isn't Georges St. Pierre.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.13.2012 | 7:36 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@p4pgoat, Agreed it won´t be an impressive victory but GSP has this, I just don´t see Condit stopping GSP takedowns, much less finishing him. this fight has written grapple**** all over it

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

06.13.2012 | 8:25 PM ET

Since Condit is training under Greg Jackson, GSP's former trainer, GSP will have a window into Condit's game-plan.  I think we can all safely assume that Greg Jackson will be mentoring Carlos to play it safe.  With such a dangerous opponent, we can expect Carlos to fight GSP similar to how he fought Nick Diaz.

Carlos will kick and he will run.  He will try to fight the bigger, stronger GSP much like Edgar fought Penn.  But unfortunately for Carlos, GSP will not be sluggish like Penn.  He will not be passive and just stand there letting his opponent move freely.  
Carlos will fight safely, kick, run, try to stay out of reach on the outside of GSP's jab, and is practicing his take-down defense as we're speaking.  Condit will practice his take-down defense from now to fight week.  He will work on his kicks, and strikes.

Carlos is a wonderfully rounded fighter, but he will run into the most rounded fighter the sport has yet produced, as P4Pgoat has so aptly said.  He will face him at the moment when GSP has everything to prove.

After GSP lost to Serra, he thought deeply about how it happened.  When they met the second time, GSP took him down within seconds, not giving Serra a single moment's chance to unload a punch or anything else.  And there wasn't a god-damn thing Serra could do about it.

Carlos, like Serra, has a puncher's chance.  But if GSP takes him down within seconds, that will remove his most effective tool from the equation.  It will be a tough night for Carlos.  

I think Condit, Diaz and Hendricks all know they will lose to GSP, but a half-million dollar payday for a night of getting beat up is just too much money to pass up.  The money, if invested right, can last a lifetime.

* Edited at 06.13.2012, 8:27 PM ET *

zarog
zarog

06.13.2012 | 8:37 PM ET

@Bill First statement is WRONG. Greg Jackson is training no one for this fight. He's stated that repeatedly.

Secondly, other than the Diaz fight, what the hell is your evidence that that will be Condit's gameplan? Oh, that's right, you have NONE. Here's the difference, Diaz was not gonna be KOed by anything Carlos threw and Carlos knew it. GSP does not have an unbreakable chin. Serra had far less power and was still able to land a punch that put GSP down. Carlos is a significantly better striker, with a more dangerous guard (not necessarily because of skill, but because of body type, long limbs help a lot). 

And why the hell are you bringing up BJ? He has nothing to do with ANYTHING. 

Having said that, as much as I want Condit to win, I think the smart money is on GSP by decision. TDs will be his weapon. If Condit can't sweep him (probably won't) he has little chance of being able to keep the fight standing long enough to KO GSP. Ever since the loss to Serra, GSP has decided to have controlled aggression rather than just going out there to kill his opponent. I think he maintains the controlled aggression he has had in his last few fights.

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Pantoja To Challengers: ‘Bring A Gun’ If You Want To Stop Me
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tells Jake Paul ‘I would quit boxing’ if steroid accusations are true
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 post-event facts: Michel Pereira joins elite company with eighth straight octagon win
  • MMAFighting.com : Anthony Smith responds to Alex Pereira’s $50,000 challenge: ‘I’ll choke the sh*t out of him’
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith agrees to Alex Pereira's $50K bet after UFC 301 submission win: 'I'll choke the sh*t out of him'
  • Middle Easy : UFC Legend Matt Brown Announces Retirement From MMA : ‘Not Doing it Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg 'devastated' by UFC 301 title fight loss: 'I blew it'
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor may be BKFC co-owner, but Mike Perry still wants that fight: ‘I am my own boss’
  • MMA Mania : Video: O’Malley Vs. Dvalishvili Booked?
  • MMA Junkie : Jack Shore's coach calls foul on shin cut stoppage at UFC 301
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let Fighters Fight!’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jon Jones reveals ‘I have a date’ for UFC return, verbal agreement in place
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 teaser video: Shadowy Conor McGregor paces during 'Foggy Dew'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch insane knockout punch leave fighter flat on the canvas
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch: Conor McGregor’s return teased in spine-tingling promo ahead of UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 301 with AC/DC x 3
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: Jose Aldo nets $21k for potential final UFC fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Steve Erceg reacts to Alexandre Pantoja loss at UFC 301: ‘I just blew it’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Feel Bad For Buffer’
  • Jits Magazine : Who’s Number One 23: Nicholas Meregali vs Vagner Rocha Full Preview