Topic: St-Pierre vs. Condit

St. Pierre vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 37

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.07.2012 | 6:30 PM ET

Just wanna throw this out there, it's hard to have vaseline all over you and not know it.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, and 8 minutes from now.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.07.2012 | 6:30 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

'That black cornerman' 

Dammit Bill. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  83,005  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

11.07.2012 | 6:33 PM ET

I have vaseline on my balls right now and i know it!
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.07.2012 | 6:33 PM ET

@Cthulhu You know this from experience..? 

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.07.2012 | 6:35 PM ET

Definitely, takes boiling water and lava soap to get that **** off.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, and 8 minutes from now.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

11.07.2012 | 6:38 PM ET

If GSP can be slathered in that much vaseline and not know it...he's a sodomy victim waiting to happen.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.07.2012 | 6:42 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

OK, itfigures.  I'll respond to your good post with respect.  Your post showed good manners, courtesy and respect and whenever anyone shows me that kind of civility, I will always respond in kind with similar respect.

We will agree to disagree that GPS was a co-conspirator in the greasing fiasco. I might be completely naive, but I will continue to believe in GSP's integrity until I am shown irrefutable evidence that he knew and approved.  But like I said, you might be 100% right and I naive and stupid.  Wouldn't be the first time, I assure you.  Women will line up to supply the testimonials!

If I find out GSP knew of the greasing cheating, I would lose a lot of respect for him.  And that would make me sad.  

Some people think calling someone a fanboy is some kind of insult or taunt.  But I am a huge GSP fanboy and am mighty proud to say I am mighty proud to say.  What's wrong with having an idol?  GSP and Randy Couture have always been my MMA heroes.  I think that is healthy and good.  

I didn't know my posts read like a bizarro combination of a birthday card from my 82 year old grandmother and a civil war diary.  I'm not quite sure that that is a bad thing, but I enjoy trying to write creatively and in an entertaining fashion.  May it always be so.  Actually, I found that kind of amusing and you made me smile.  Needed that!  So thanks for the whimsical backhand!

* Edited at 11.07.2012, 8:28 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,515  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.11.2012 | 8:58 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

Only just got round to watching GSP/Condit 'Primetime', 2nd episode ...

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/10/3627646/ufc-primetime-video-for-st-pierre-vs-condit-episode-two

I don't know about you guys but Condits training sessions look like GSP's morning warm up ...

I've seen quite a few of these in my day but I've never seen a fighter that works as hard and as scientific as GSP. I know they all work hard, but to my untrained eye it looks like he's unparalleled in his approach to the sport ...

Like I said, I'm untrained and saying this after watching edited vids, but I'm just getting this feeling that as good as Condit is, this is just a level too high for him.

Plus, he should stop have people around him call him 'champ' ... it's lame.

Oh and @Bill, there's no way on earth a fighter would be lubed without him knowing about it. His career and reputation are at stake you don't just cheat/semi-cheat/bend-the-rules on a whim. GSP (who I like, by the way, so this isn't "hating") knows about EVERY little thing that goes on in his fights. He's an "MMA scientist" and no one would do anything to him without him knowing about it. It is what it is, man. It's not the worse thing in the world.

* Edited at 11.11.2012, 9:08 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

11.11.2012 | 9:26 AM ET

All you have to do is touch you skin to know if you have grease on you...it's not exactly subtle
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.11.2012 | 1:09 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

As I eagerly await this important fight, there are several things that compete for priority in my mind.

1. GSP being as good as he was is paramount to me.

2. Anderson Silva is preparing to call GSP out if GSP wins the fight.  That would be majorly important.  I just can't see how he could go around that important throw-down.  Not to someone like GSP to whom his public image is all-important.

3.  In the Training Day TV program, GSP announced he has trained himself to being BETTER than before his injury.  That has to be great news to all MMA fans.

4. On fight night, GSP will have re-hydrated to around 190, while Condit will only re-hydrate to his walking around weight of 180.  So, GSP will out-weigh him by over 10 lbs.  GSP out-weighed BJ Penn by almost 20 lbs. on fight night.  They are 170 lb. fighters only on weigh-in day.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

11.11.2012 | 1:48 PM ET

Remember Rory Mac's 13 minute beating of Condit? Take that and multiply it by 10. You now have your GSP vs. Condit result.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.11.2012 | 1:56 PM ET

^^^Someone didn't watch the fight. lmao

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,993  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

11.11.2012 | 2:02 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@bassist wow so Condit wins the fight ? I like that prediction...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

xbassistdoodx
xbassistdoodx
  • Predictions:  2,546  |  56.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,218
  • Post Score: 104

11.11.2012 | 2:07 PM ET

Not so @die, 13 minutes x 10 is 130 minutes worth of assbeating.

Also, if you think Condit's win against Rory was anything but luck you are high as hell.

* Edited at 11.11.2012, 2:08 PM ET *

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.11.2012 | 2:21 PM ET

As much as I dislike Rory, that Condit fight was ********. There was what 6 seconds left and the ref stops the fight after Condit lands a few shots? rory wasn't out, he was covering up and you could tell he was just waiting for the round to end. Rory literally got the win swept from right under him. 

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

11.11.2012 | 2:23 PM ET

Good lord, I've gone over this 3 times and I don't want to repeat myself, but I guess I will have to AGAIN.

Round 1: Rory straight up LnPs Condit outstruck on the feet and Condit throws strikes from the bottom while Rory just maintains top control throwing nothing.

Round 2: Rory doesn't get a takedown, but Condit pulls guard and is on the bottom for a little while, but gets back up and for the most part is a pretty even round with Condit outstriking Rory a little bit.

Round 3: Condit beats the ever loving **** out of Rory for the entire round and Rory doesn't do **** about it. Stopped at the end.

The fact that the released judges scorecards had a split decision shows how much I know you didn't watch that fight.

**** I mean even fightmetric shows the exact story of the fight, but you like many others just hear **** from people that really didn't watch it and it perpetuates this myth that Rory outclassed Condit. Fightmetric report

Here is a Sherdog thread of people that actually watched the fight wondering why so many people think Rory outclassed Condit. Another thread where a lot of people gave Condit the 2nd or said it was a very close round even though they thought Rory won the second. I can go on....

* Edited at 11.11.2012, 2:26 PM ET *

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,993  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907

11.11.2012 | 2:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 4  

@Wish you forgot that Condit dropped Rory in the 2nd as well, other than that 100% agreed.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

WishIsHere
WishIsHere

11.11.2012 | 2:33 PM ET

The real thing we need to take from that fight is Rory MacDonald has improved leaps and bounds since that fight took place and really needs a step up in competition as in fighting a top 10 fighter. I think he matches well with many of those guys in the WW division. The problem is they have to slowly build Rory because he won't fight GSP and they don't want a situation they had with Fitch if they can avoid it.

I have nothing against Rory and expect him and Erick Silva to take over the WW division in about 3 years which is about the time GSP will be leaving his athletic prime (Fitch will also be far out of his athletic prime) or if GSP decides to leave the WW division (highly doubtful).

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

11.11.2012 | 2:36 PM ET

I got GSP via decision, but i would like to see him get a finish here. I understand that he dominates in all aspects when he fights, but why cant you get a finish. If i watch championship fights, i want to see finishes. JDS does, Bones does, Silva does, Aldo does. I would like to see GSP get a stoppage, and not his 5th or 6th decision win in a title fight in a row.

"3HUNNA"

Fatality
Fatality
  • Predictions:  1,982  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  476

11.11.2012 | 2:44 PM ET

Condit-MacDonald is on YouTube, but unlisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4&feature=player_embedded
A stoppage was somewhat justified (Rory wasn't able to cover up as effectively), but I wouldn't have stopped it. I'd scored Condit-MacDonald a tie with a 10-8 in the third. If it was Pride scoring, I'd scored the fight to Condit.

Page 37

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping: 'Nasty bastard' Alexandre Pantoja has no weak areas, beats Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 poster released featuring Makhachev vs. Poirier, Strickland vs. Costa
  • MMA Mania : De La Hoya ‘Definitely Going To Sue For Defamation’ After Canelo Spat
  • Bad Left Hook : Ennis vs Crowley official for July 13 in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Jaron Ennis vs Cody Crowley official for July 13th in Philadelphia
  • Bad Left Hook : Hughie Fury joins May 11 McCaskill vs Price show
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker confident he'll handle Khamzat Chimaev's wrestling in UFC Saudi Arabia showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant eviscerates ‘piece of sh*t’ Dillon Danis in fiery response to accusations 
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I don’t think you can get into Canelo’s head’: Former Golden Boy matchmaker on Oscar beef