Topic: St-Pierre vs. Condit

St. Pierre vs. Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,622  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,553
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   correct Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for St. Pierre vs. Condit. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 38

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.11.2012 | 3:21 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

For me, the main thing is that both fighters show they are at their best.  They both end the fight healthy.

For me, the MacDonald vs. Condit fight was a great fight.  Rory won the first 2 rounds.  Carlos was able to land a solid punch and broke Rory's orbital bone.  Rory was covering up and trying to wait out the clock, when the ref interferred with a terrible stoppage.

If the ref had not interferred, the judges had Rory ahead on the score cards.  Here is the fight link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40DZKndiM4&feature=player_embedded

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

11.11.2012 | 7:09 PM ET

That definitely was a terrible stoppage. I wonder if it would have ended up in a draw though as a result of him getting his ass beat at the end of the fight.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.11.2012 | 9:08 PM ET

I have seen much worse beatings administered to fighters and the refs allowed the downed fighter to 'weather the storm'.

Shane Carwin gave Brock Lesnar a worse beating and the refs let it go until the bell.'

Brock Lesnar gave Heath Herring a horrible beating for 3 rounds and no one thought about ending the nightmare.

When a man is covering up, and is obviously waiting out the bell, why stop it?  

* Edited at 11.12.2012, 12:52 AM ET *

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

11.11.2012 | 9:09 PM ET

@Bill, Shame on you. Did you really say Keith Herring? His name is Heath Herring.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.11.2012 | 9:11 PM ET

One of the worst stoppages in MMA history was the Condit/Rory fight. Absurd stoppage.

"الله أكبرl"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.11.2012 | 9:34 PM ET

^^^^

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

DelRose
DelRose

11.11.2012 | 10:03 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Regardless if the stoppage was a bad call, the judges said carlos would have won a split decision.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

11.11.2012 | 11:36 PM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

keith herring....the ****. that profile pic freaks me out too.

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.12.2012 | 12:50 AM ET

Heath Herring.  When Brock Lesnar gave that man a beating, it stayed with me for DAYS.  Terrible beating and the ref never even thought about ending it.  He just let Heath absorb bomb after bomb and take his ass beating.

Who hits harder?  Lesnar or Condit?  Herring's brain absorbed 15 minutes of incoming.  In fact, the nightmare beating was the last time Herring ever fought.  August 10, 2008.

So, why the hell did the ref not let MacDonald go 8 more seconds?  Consistency doesn't exist in MMA refing OR judging at this moment in our sports' development. 

And by the way, the judges had MacDonald ahead on the cards, so the stoppage cost Rory the fight.

One of our most pressing problems.

* Edited at 11.12.2012, 12:54 AM ET *

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.12.2012 | 3:45 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

You still whining about this Bill?

listen the stoppage was legit. Rory came out and straight up stated it was legit. I really don't see what there to argue when the guy who lost fully admits it was a just stoppage. He , the ref and condit had the best view in the house. They all three agreed with the stoppage. So You arguement is moot. Also i dont even get the arguement. your mad because the fighter who was winning on points lost, and the fighter who actually won the fight won?  Seems odd to me. I for one like to see the guy who actually won the fight win. Not the guy who was trying to escape the last round to win on points because he was two beat down and tired to keep fighting. Just seem like an odd opinion to have. I think Rory full believes he lost that fight. I think he statement right after the fight saying he got his ass whoop. Clearly implies such.

Also the fact there is 7 second left is irrelevant. That should hold zero barring on the reff decision to stop a fight. His job is to be impartial and there to maintain the fighters safety and make sure there are following the rules. They should not allow a fighter to get beat on more simply because there only  10 seconds left ect. If they would stop it with a minute left they should still stop it with 10 seconds left. If there was a safe way to let the reff not be allowed to know the time I would be all for it. 

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

11.12.2012 | 3:48 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Also here the strike break down of the fight Bill. Just because I recall you think Rory destroy condit in the first two rounds and completely out struck him.  So here the break down of the stats.,

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/2805

* Edited at 11.12.2012, 3:53 AM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

11.12.2012 | 9:00 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I'm really interested in this fight. The amount of pressure on GSP might be his down fall here. Returning from injury, fighting in Montreal, AND the fact Silva is cageside  ready to challenge him.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

11.12.2012 | 9:44 AM ET

Alright, guys.  I'm not inclined to go on and on about the MacDonald vs. Condit fight.  I'll just summarize my main arguing points.

1. Of course MacDonald didn't argue with the ref.  He's not a big crybaby whiner like me.  He manned up and supported the ref.  Which is a pretty smart and savvy thing to do.  Show the ref respect and that ref will remember that and might give you the next benefit of the doubt.

2. I think you do a disservice to Rory was saying he was winning on points.  He was winning because he had out-fought Carlos for 2 rounds.  10 minutes.  He had taken him down over and over, controlled him and was beating him.

3. Rory was covering up, weathering the storm, and waiting the clock out, as all fighters do.  He was not absorbing more damage than tons of other fighters have done without having their fights stopped.  That ref is known for early stoppages.  Nothing wrong with an early stoppage, if it is warranted.  But I gave 2 examples above where stoppages would not have been howled at, and you guys ignore my good points.

I'm pretty easy-going and nonchalant, so I'm not wanting to argue this to death.

It's more fun to talk about GSP will be much harder to beat than Rory.

* Edited at 11.12.2012, 9:46 AM ET *

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

11.12.2012 | 10:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct St-Pierre   wrong Submission   wrong Round 4  

@mikelovestacos the pressure you refer to that's on GSP is a great point. I think GSP will beat Condit because of that pressure and questions surrounding his knee. Georges thrives in moments like these. He wants to get that title back and in the process give Silva an up close look of what he can expect in his future.

When Anderson gets in GSP's cage this Saturday night to challenge him it will be one of the most epic moments in UFC history. Only 5 days left!!!

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Derp
Derp
  • Predictions:  3,270  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  447
  • Post Score: 216

11.12.2012 | 11:01 AM ET

This has a chance to be the most boring fight the UFC has ever put on. Will GSP utilize his signature lay 'n pray? Will Condit's track and field routine be the gameplan against it? I hope they double KO in the first, but I'm picking GSP by decision, and then Anderson Silva by 3rd round TKO.
SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

11.12.2012 | 11:09 AM ET

Really? This fight is gonna be worse then Silva/Leites or even Shamrock/Severn?

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

11.12.2012 | 11:13 AM ET

^^^
Never again... :(

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

11.12.2012 | 11:15 AM ET

Im thinking, if GSP is dominating with his wrestling, and ground game, and cant get a finish, by about the 3rd round, the crowd will start booing. Im pretty sure GSP can, and will take Condit down at will. If he does it for 2 or 3 rounds, and cant get a finish, the crowd is gonna get restless, and get mad

"3HUNNA"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

11.12.2012 | 5:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Really doubt Montreal would boo GSP for any reason at all.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

DelRose
DelRose

11.12.2012 | 5:41 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

@Bill

He wasn't even defending himself intelligently, carlos could have landed more uncalled for strikes in those last 7 seconds on a bloodied beaten down Rory. Everyone I know believed the stoppage was legitimate.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Page 38

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 weigh-in video at 8 a.m. ET
  • UFC.com : Jack Shore: The Welsh 'Tank' Is Ready To Roll Again
  • UFC.com : Michel Pereira: Guaranteed Excitement
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 weigh-in results (8 a.m. ET)
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Geo Martinez And Nicolas Renier Face Each Other In The Preliminary Card
  • UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • The Athletic : UFC 301 predictions, previews, odds: Alexandre Pantoja looks to defend title in front of home Brazilian crowd
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Fury Pro Grappling 10
  • MMA Mania : ‘Don’t Come Near Me If I See You Ever Ryan Garcia’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Oliveira Vs. Gamrot? Naaaaaah
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds: ‘Prelims’ Props And More!
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Fight of the Month for April: A thrilling battle for the BMF belt
  • MMA Junkie : Kevin Borjas: 'Alessandro Costa is now Mexican ... he'll be fighting as a visitor' at UFC 301 in Brazil
  • MMA Mania : Rematch! Prochazka ‘Most Likely’ Next For Pereira
  • MMA Junkie : Renato Moicano: 'I don't think it was very smart' for Alexandre Pantoja to fight Steve Erceg at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Top prospect Losene Keita explains turning down multiple offers from UFC, PFL: ‘I know my worth’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor’s High-Profile Backup? On One Condition ...
  • Middle Easy : ‘Big’ John McCarthy Weighs In on Jimmy Smith’s Claim That Everyone ‘F*cking Hated’ Ronda Rousey
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Haney to take’: Hearn reacts to Garcia’s failed drug test
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Incredibly difficult for Devin Haney to take’: Eddie Hearn reacts to Ryan Garcia’s failed drug test