Tapology Forums

Carlos Condit and Frankie Edgar are f***ing up their divisions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kaonohiokala
kaonohiokala
  • Predictions:  2,496  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  206
  • Post Score: 109

05.06.2012 | 7:00 PM ET

Carlos Condit for being the WW champion in GSP's absence and refusing to defend it, instead choosing to stay as #1 contender instead of a champ.  Hell, he didn't want to fight Ellenberger (a guy he already beat), Kampmann (the guy who last beat him), Diaz (a guy who he literally just beat), and Hendricks (a guy who knocked off two long-time top 5 WWs in a row).  Condit's scared of losing to all of them.  He's scared homie.

Frankie Edgar for whining his way into a Bendo rematch, essentially meaning that the next title match and previous 5 title matches were all Frankie Edgar vs. three people.  There were tons of guys deserving of title shots in their place, like Anthony Pettis, Clay Guida, Donald Cerrone, and Jim Miller, but all of them lost when they were already deserving of title shots and are trying to rebuild their way up.  While the previous title rematches were more justified, this one isn't.  Dana even offered Frankie an immediate shot at the FW title (a division with almost no legit contenders as opposed to LW's too many legit contenders), but Frankie had to whine his way into a rematch.  On top of that, his own injury is postponing said rematch while Bendo is already ready to fight an opponent.

Seriously, after a night like last night, everytime a high-ranking WW or LW fight happens, it's hard not to dislike Edgar and Condit even more.

"E momole aku ana i Keka‘a ka ua nahua."

Responses

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

05.06.2012 | 7:01 PM ET

didn't even read your post, but i agree with your title.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Swickotine
Swickotine
  • Predictions:  18,137  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  11,851
  • Post Score: 223

05.06.2012 | 7:02 PM ET

Both Diaz Brothers should be Champs now!

"I'm bi-polar...nice jab, mean hook."

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

05.06.2012 | 7:03 PM ET

Frankie Edgar did not whine his way to a rematch. He had given two before and so was deserving of one himself - there's been no evidence of him whining.

Condit is irritating me, JUST FIGHT SOMEONE. PLEASE. One of my favourite fighters but it's annoying me.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.06.2012 | 7:04 PM ET

i can't wait for edgar to get squashed. 
OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,933  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,408
  • Post Score: 322

05.06.2012 | 7:05 PM ET

Condit should wait for GSP, yeah it sucks for the division, but he's not stupid. He'll make bank on that fight alone and with GSP being out for so long, there's no better chance for Condit to win. It would be stupid for him to fight a guy like Hendricks and possibly lose. Look what happened to Pettis when he fought Guida.

Now Frankie on the other hand... he won the belt in 2010. In 2 years, he fought 2 opponents. BJ Penn and Gray Maynard. He's been holding up the division for a long time and now he loses to Henderson and complains his way back into a title shot. Don't get be wrong, I would probably do the same thing in his situation, but as a fan I can't say I'm excited to watch it. With that said, I do like Frankie.

...and yes, he did say many times that he felt that he won the fight and wasn't going to drop to 145 because he wants an immediate rematch.

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 7:07 PM ET *

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.06.2012 | 7:07 PM ET

Wouldn't it be Nate Diaz adding to the screwing up of divisions as well, since he is not going to have another match before his title shot? I don't blame any of those guys. Title fights are the biggest pay days of these guys lives. They sure as hell are going to wait it out if they can.

For the Frankie situation, think about it. He will most likely get a title shot at FW even if he loses a rematch with Bendo. So he will just get paid even more since he will have one more title shot than if he gave it up at LW.

TL:DR People want to get paid. I sure as **** would wait to get paid.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

05.06.2012 | 7:10 PM ET

Frankie Edgar cant be fighting to close decisions and hope for good things to happen.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

05.06.2012 | 7:11 PM ET

Condit has come out publicly and said that he wants to wait for his title shot with GSP. Also, he said that if the UFC wanted him to defend if against somebody, he would do it also. Condit is not holding up the division. He just wants his title shot, the one he deserves. He said he would defend his interim also, so i dont see how you are saying Condit is holding that division up. The UFC is doing that. With Frankie, he got his ass handed to him by Bendo. Number dont lie, check em. Gonna be glad to see him get beat AGAIN by Bendo.

"3HUNNA"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.06.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

To be fair, Nate Diaz has said that he'll fight anyone the UFC gives him and I believe it.

Frankie didn't deserve the rematch, it was a reward for giving so many rematches. Bendo beat him first but I think Edgar might pull out the victory the 2nd time out.

As for Carlos Condit, if he was the TRUE number one contender, he'd fight Johny Hendricks. If he's truly the best fighter in the welterweight division like he believes, he'd fight Hendricks, or Ellenberger, or whoever the ****.

"الله أكبرl"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

05.06.2012 | 7:42 PM ET

Yeah I'm not psyched about seeing Frankie get an instant title rematch.  I do think he sounded like a whiner when talking about how he had to give his last two opponents rematches.
BJ was the most dominant lightweight champion of all time and lost a very close fight that I originally thought he won, of course he deserved a shot at redemption.
After that he fought with Maynard to a draw in a fight where he got his ass beat, leaving him with a record of 0-1-1 against him, again the rematch is warranted. 
I thought Bendo was just way too much for Frankie.  Frankie looked like he had been through a war after that fight, Bendo didn't have a scratch on him.  Damage ain't everything, but c'mon.

Carlos Condit barely beat Nick Diaz to win the interim championship only to want to sit out for the rest of the year.  Am I missing something?  *** was the point in even creating the interim championship?  So we can have two welterweight champions sitting out all year?  Condit's last performance was nowhere near worthy of a title shot in my opinion.  He shouldn't have the luxury of holding onto the number one contender spot for almost an entire year after that.

Nate Diaz is one of my favourite fighters, but I don't wanna see him sitting out for a title shot either.  I think he's more deserving than any other lightweight, but I also think Pettis is deserving of a number one contender's fight which should absolutely be against Nate Diaz.  Potential FOTY there.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

05.06.2012 | 7:43 PM ET

I want Condit to fight, but as wishishere stated, it makes more sense for Condit to wait. Same goes for Frankie getting a rematch. It's in his best interest. Can't blame these guys for doing what is in their best interest. If you want to talk about who to blame look at Dana White, Lorenzo Ferttita, Sean Shelby, and Joe Silva. If they wanted these title fights to happen so bad they would essentially just say, okay we're going to give you this contract, if you say no, we aren't letting you fight, but we aren't letting you out of your contract, meaning that you can't fight for another organization. Condit was supposed to fight Diaz, but Diaz ****** that up, so all you people *****ing about the Diaz bros. *cough* Swickotine *cough* can shut up because Nick screwed it up for himself, and Nate hadn't fought back at LW until his win over Gomi, so he wasn't in any position to get a title shot until after his fight against Jim.

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 7:45 PM ET *

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Anik
Anik

05.06.2012 | 7:48 PM ET

******* Nick Diaz. That's all I gotta say.

I blame it all on Nick Diaz.

"الله أكبرl"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

05.06.2012 | 9:07 PM ET

the UFC needs a Grand Prix. 

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Anik
Anik

05.06.2012 | 9:18 PM ET

That would really clear **** up in the LW division. Frankie and Gray should be on opposite sides of the bracket.

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 9:19 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

05.06.2012 | 10:12 PM ET

Condit's situation is really bothering me tbh.

But Frankie deserves the rematch. He beat BJ, gave him a rematch. He gave Maynard the rematch. He lost a close fight with Henderson ... He deserves a rematch. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

skeet2b
skeet2b
  • Predictions:  8,330  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,703
  • Post Score: 158

05.06.2012 | 10:49 PM ET

Im kinda getting sick of all the rematches in the LW division, If Edgar does win this time then there will have to be a rubber match, and Condit really does need to fight someone, it should be Hendricks, wasnt he supposed to get the title shot it he won?

"A true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights, and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for *******"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.06.2012 | 10:51 PM ET

That's what happens when you don't have an official ranking system on your league, and have the owner picking matches at his will, that's ****** up if you want to legitimize it as a sport, every ******* sport out there has a ranking system, every single one of them, can you imagine the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, or whatever other sport/league having a champion, and the other teams just competing between each other at random and then finally someone  says well, they are champions now they'll play against ****** for the championship. it's just make no sense. but that's how the choose to run the UFC, because in that way they can make more marketable matches whenever they want, no matter if they are ******* up carrers

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

StealingFire
StealingFire
  • Predictions:  171  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  921
  • Post Score: 155

05.06.2012 | 11:40 PM ET

To clear the air:

“I’m not trying to shoot anybody out of anything they deserve, but I had to do two immediate rematches [as champion],” said Edgar. “So, what’s right?”

This is not whining. This is called making a statement and posing a logical question. It was simple and concise and he put it out there for Dana and Co. to do whatever they wanted with it. In my mind, Edgar deserved the rematch even without referencing his previous fights. The judging at the Japan event was simply unacceptable to me and therefore anyone who lost a decision was automatically deserving of a rematch (imo).

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 11:42 PM ET *

"Prepare for an eternity of me kicking your ass. -Hank Hill"

jaffacakehero
jaffacakehero
  • Predictions:  5,066  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,396
  • Post Score: 240

05.06.2012 | 11:52 PM ET

Have you ever started a thread that isn't you *****ing about something? haha

I agree but still.... very complainy!

"If you're matched up against me, you better be prepared to give your life...because I am prepared to take it. - Conor McGregor"

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

05.07.2012 | 12:32 AM ET

i think @wishishere said it best

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’
  • UFC.com : Exciting Fighters You Might Not Know | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg
  • UFC.com : Coach Conversation | Alexandre Pantoja vs Steve Erceg
  • Bad Left Hook : Turki Alalshikh targets Wilder vs Anderson on Aug. 3
  • UFC.com : Fighters On The Rise | UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier gives advice to Ilia Topuria after ‘not coming off great’ in booking first title defense
  • UFC.com : UFC Rankings Report | Week of April 29, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Step up and face that man’: Bradley says if Canelo has any dignity he’ll face Benavidez
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Step up and face that man’: Tim Bradley says if Canelo has any dignity he’ll take on David Benavidez
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan Docked $30k From His Fight Purse After Attempting to Punch a Fan at UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul, Mike Tyson announce two-city press conference tour for Netflix boxing match