Tapology Forums

Carlos Condit and Frankie Edgar are f***ing up their divisions

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

kaonohiokala
kaonohiokala
  • Predictions:  2,496  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  206
  • Post Score: 109

05.06.2012 | 7:00 PM ET

Carlos Condit for being the WW champion in GSP's absence and refusing to defend it, instead choosing to stay as #1 contender instead of a champ.  Hell, he didn't want to fight Ellenberger (a guy he already beat), Kampmann (the guy who last beat him), Diaz (a guy who he literally just beat), and Hendricks (a guy who knocked off two long-time top 5 WWs in a row).  Condit's scared of losing to all of them.  He's scared homie.

Frankie Edgar for whining his way into a Bendo rematch, essentially meaning that the next title match and previous 5 title matches were all Frankie Edgar vs. three people.  There were tons of guys deserving of title shots in their place, like Anthony Pettis, Clay Guida, Donald Cerrone, and Jim Miller, but all of them lost when they were already deserving of title shots and are trying to rebuild their way up.  While the previous title rematches were more justified, this one isn't.  Dana even offered Frankie an immediate shot at the FW title (a division with almost no legit contenders as opposed to LW's too many legit contenders), but Frankie had to whine his way into a rematch.  On top of that, his own injury is postponing said rematch while Bendo is already ready to fight an opponent.

Seriously, after a night like last night, everytime a high-ranking WW or LW fight happens, it's hard not to dislike Edgar and Condit even more.

"E momole aku ana i Keka‘a ka ua nahua."

Responses Page 2

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

05.07.2012 | 9:14 AM ET

I doubt Condit is scared at all. 

It's all about money. GSP is a big money fight. The others are not.  

"I live, I die, I live again."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.07.2012 | 9:50 AM ET

Well i certainly don't have a problem with Edgar taking this rematch. Personally, i would rather see a rematch than leave championships that closely contended.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

05.07.2012 | 10:29 AM ET

lets be clear, Edgar gave a rematch to BJ. the fight with Maynard was a draw, i coulnt imagine the UFC not giving a rematch after a draw in a title fight.
but yeah, sure, give a rematch. it is a good fight nonetheless.

plus Condit is not an Interim Champion, he is the #1 contender in my mind.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.07.2012 | 10:31 AM ET

could you maybe say why you disagree with me instead of down voting me without justifying why?

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,564
  • Post Score: 275

05.07.2012 | 10:33 AM ET

i'll give you a thumb up in show of support buddy.

"I live, I die, I live again."

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

05.07.2012 | 1:58 PM ET

Normally I would agree but particularly in these two cases I do not, I think both Frankie and Condit earned their right to choose their will; Frankie by giving two rematches to very tough fights and Condit by being ragdolled by the UFC in accepting every possible scenario Dana set for him during the whole GSP-Diaz-Condit debacle.

"@AndySalasMMA"

RazelThePhoenix
RazelThePhoenix
  • Predictions:  1,019  |  64.6%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: 109

05.07.2012 | 10:43 PM ET

Condit should fight, but honestly look at whos there, yeah hendricks is the only one i would give a title shot to, one because Jake has yet to take on great comp, yes jake shields is alright comp, but he is a middle weight and he was not fighting right because of the passing of his father, Kampmann really who has he beat to get a shot, he's just talking because he thinks Condit would fight him to avenge the loss which kampmann will just use as a way to get higher in the rankings, even if he loses then what the fight would be good so he would get put up anyways. Diaz look at the fight metric Diaz lost that fight and you have your opinion so think what you want, but he won't be back for awhile and we know it to be true for now. Condit is waiting because look who's he's facing, GSP, the greatest welter weight on the planet, if you had to fight him would you fight and fight and possibly lose of get injured or would you train your ass off for the time you have? 
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.07.2012 | 11:00 PM ET

why do people argue so much about the welterweight division? Whether it's Condit or Hendricks or Ellenberger or Kampmann or ******* Rickson Gracie, GSP is still gonna win.

"الله أكبرl"

OldNick
OldNick
  • Predictions:  34,936  |  68.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,408
  • Post Score: 322

05.08.2012 | 9:35 AM ET

@Anik,
Most likely, but don't forget about the Matt Serra incident.

"I am ****y in prediction, confident in preparation, but I am always humble in victory or defeat.”

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

05.08.2012 | 9:49 AM ET

I've heard being on the shelf for almost 700 days with multiple knee injuries and reconstructive right knee surgery improves your explosiveness, speed, and agility on your takedowns.  Or maybe it was the other way around.  I can't remember.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

Aeterna
Aeterna
  • Predictions:  395  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: 510

05.08.2012 | 2:35 PM ET

If only Nick Diaz had gone to that press conference last fall! Then none of this would've ever happened :P

O Well, Coulda Woulda Shoulda's don't do anyone any good.

And I agree that Condit should fight someone. I say Hendricks. Ultimately I guess it's his choice, but I haven't liked Condit very much ever since he "won" against Diaz.

@Swickotine Totally!

"It ain't about what you know, it's what you feel. Don't worry bout bein' right, just be for real."

CaptainSuperman
CaptainSuperman
  • Predictions:  296  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  315
  • Post Score: 139

05.08.2012 | 3:05 PM ET

I don't have a problem with Frankie getting a rematch, I don't believe that is all that bad, only Diaz has to wait, and well, that's his choice if he waits or fights.

But I have a problem with Condit.

Interim championship belts. Why are they given out? To claim a temporary champion while the current one is out. So what use is it when the fill-in champ is waiting for the champ to get back, instead of fighting when he gets back? He's using the belt as a one time redeemable ticket to a title fight. If he wants to wait, he can drop his interim title, let someone else defend it, and fight winner of GSP vs interim champ. 

"I'll kill you! I'll kill you to death!"

Sastanarchist
Sastanarchist
  • Predictions:  76  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: -100

05.08.2012 | 3:33 PM ET

I agree Edgar is throwing a monkey wrench into the lightweight division but I think it's healthy for the welterweight division for someone like Condit to have the interim belt. Condit has never had it easy and the split decision loss to Kampmann when he first came to the UFC was very obviously a win for Condit which got robbed. He has deserved this chance to fight George and for Nick Diaz' sake its diaz' own fault for not living up to his potential and for testing positive for THC again. Take fighting seriously and you get guys like Carlos and George. Frankie needs to move down to Featherweight and fight Aldo. Nuff' Said
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

05.08.2012 | 5:34 PM ET

After seeing what Nate did to Miller, i think he can be champ.
But anyway, Condit is going to wait this whole time and then get dominated by GSP, I mean really, I think he should fight so he can defend "his" belt at least once, even though idk if he can do that. 
Point blank, I dont think edgar is messing his division up, but i do think Condit is.  

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

05.08.2012 | 5:35 PM ET

An interim-interim champ maybe required.

"I Get Better."

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.08.2012 | 6:13 PM ET

@OldNick GSP fights way too safe to let that happen.

"الله أكبرl"

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

05.08.2012 | 6:15 PM ET

@Sastan, Nick tested positive for an inactive THC metabolite that isn't banned.  If he'd tested positive for  delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol then that is illegal by NSAC and WADA guidelines.  THC carboxylic acid is an inactive non-psychoctive metabolite that has no impact physically or mentally and is not banned by the NSAC or WADA since it is not "in competition" use.  He would've tested positive for  delta 9-THC, not THC carboxylic acid if he'd smoked in the days before the fight.  It is fact that no pyschoactive, mental, or physical advantages or disadvantages would remain once the delta 9-THC is out of your system.  There is no rule he has violated.  Regarding the pre-fight questionairre, he did answer truthfully as doctors in California cannot "prescribe" marijuana for ADHD, they can only "recommend" it legally.  The questionnaire asks if he is on any "prescribed" medication and he truthfully answered no.  It literallly says in the WADA guidelines that the NSAC has been outspoken to back fully that  “We don’t care if an athlete smokes marijuana out-of-competition, whether it’s legal or illegal.”  The NSAC is standing on incredibly wobbly legs,and the only way they win the case would be because they get to rule on it however they want without a third party overseeing it and can ignore facts if they want.  They can expect a much much bigger lawsuit in a non-NSAC "court" if they rule to enforce the suspension and fine.  There has been nothing illegal done by any NSAC law, WADA law, or Nevada state law.

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

Aeterna
Aeterna
  • Predictions:  395  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  100
  • Post Score: 510

05.09.2012 | 2:30 PM ET

^^ WORD ^^

"It ain't about what you know, it's what you feel. Don't worry bout bein' right, just be for real."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Latest Bellator Dublin Fight Card For ‘Jackson vs. Kuramagomedov’
  • Jits Magazine : Submission Hunter Pro 90 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans