Topic: Franklin vs. Griffin

Franklin vs. Griffin Prediction Commentary

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,619  |  73.7%
  • Forum Posts:  17,552
  • Post Score: 60

10.15.2010 | 4:36 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Franklin vs. Griffin. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

01.31.2011 | 6:56 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

why are we talking about brilz vs nog on franklin/forrest prediction commentary ? minotauro no offense but your gona be biased even tho i thought lil nog won that fight also i think he is a good fighter but definetly does not deserve the winner of forrest vs rich maybe if he wins bonnar or phil davis/matt hammill like the guy above sed... 

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

Guilherme
Guilherme
  • Predictions:  691  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 100

01.31.2011 | 8:06 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong Decision  

Tuf fight, very close

"MMA fan"

ourick76
ourick76
  • Predictions:  7,247  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  427
  • Post Score: 135

01.31.2011 | 8:12 AM ET

Master of out-pointing good fighters.

"I came here to do two things: drink some beer...and kick some ass...and I'm about out of beer!"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.31.2011 | 10:29 AM ET

Sorry for getting the thread off topic. It wasn't on purpose or anything, and I guess no one agrees with me so i'm probably wrong so i'm gonna stop discussing any nogueira fight altogether. Apologies. Now, on topic, Franklin should take this, but it should be a close fight.

"We Are All One"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.31.2011 | 11:31 AM ET

Prediction: correct Griffin   correct Decision  

Just to clear it up @minotauro11, I wasn't supporting any sort of argument that Griffin or Franklin would defeat or are better than Little Nog, merely that matching the winner up with him might not make sense at this stage of the game. I actually think he would finish both of them with strikes more often than not.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Camtron
Camtron
  • Predictions:  84  |  61.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 18

01.31.2011 | 1:31 PM ET

Franklin decisions Forrest using speed, getting in landing combos and quickly out.
kevinxanthony
kevinxanthony
  • Predictions:  481  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  58
  • Post Score: 176

01.31.2011 | 2:39 PM ET

classic fight here with ace pullin out the decision
MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

01.31.2011 | 2:52 PM ET

Enter Your Comments »

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

barochoc
barochoc
  • Predictions:  808  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 139

01.31.2011 | 5:57 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Really don't know what to make of all this "Griffin is bigger". Seriously? Who told you guys that? Franklin walks around at 225-230Lbs when not training for a fight. He's 6'1". Griffin walks around approx 225-230Lbs & is 6'3". Randy Couture says Griffin has his weight under more control lately & is holding a steady 218-220Lbs when not fighting!!! He looks bigger when they're standing together but that's just because Griffin is taller & possibly slightly broader across the shoulders. They'll still weight much the same on fight night so how is Griffin bigger with a 1" reach advantage?
Franklin has seriously powerful & accurate strikes, Griffin doesn't.
Franklin is a smarter fighter & won't get sucked in to a brawl. Griffin loves that stuff.
Franklin has great ground game & it's possibly the only area where Griffin has an advantage/edge.
I love to watch Griffin fight because he's a warrior & I know he'll bring the fight to Franklin. But my brain tells me Franklin is going to take this with a well executed game plan to keep Griffin on his feet. I believe Franklin will stop Griffin late in R2 or mid R3. He'll pick him apart with great strikes & we all know how easily Griffin cuts & bleeds.
TKO Franklin in R3 is my prediction.
It's going to be fight of the night :o)

"Better to burn out than to fade away!"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

01.31.2011 | 6:12 PM ET

@barochoc Franklin could make 185 and there's no way Forrest could.  Might only be a 10 pound difference, but Forrest is definitely a little bigger.

If your point is that the difference is not very significant, or won't matter much, that could be true.  Plus I think Franklin will have the speed advantage, and has sharper striking technique.

"I live, I die, I live again."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.31.2011 | 8:10 PM ET

Okay, so for months leading up to this fight I have been steadfast in my belief that Franklin will mess Forrest up en route to a late TKO stoppage or a UD; however, when the time came to log my picks earlier this afternoon, I picked Griffin my Decision and it feels right. I'm fairly confident in all of my other picks--as confident as you can be in MMA, anyways--but I am having a serious predictions crisis regarding this match-up. I guess I just don't see Franklin having the speed to get in and really finish Forrest unless he knocks him out cold, and I think Forrest can overpower Franklin in the clinch and score points with jabs and leg kicks from a distance.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

ionix503
ionix503
  • Predictions:  12  |  41.7%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 60

02.01.2011 | 9:27 AM ET

Rich will outcardio even Forrest and win with cleaner striking technique
zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

02.01.2011 | 10:13 AM ET

Both are so simular, lots of heart, lots of fight in them, both have fought some of the best fighters in the world. But I am going to have to say Griffins size advantage is going to be the difference.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.01.2011 | 2:32 PM ET

These fighters are so similar that you could almost a flip a coin to see who wins.  Regardless we're guaranteed an all out incredible war between two fighters with the hearts of warriors.  I'm choosing Rich Franklin to win this fight with clean, crisp striking.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

mmauler666
mmauler666
  • Predictions:  6,572  |  58.8%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 186

02.01.2011 | 6:45 PM ET

Prediction: correct Griffin   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Hes much bigger and in need of a win

"You are like a speck in the desert"

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.02.2011 | 6:49 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Franklin may not have the size or reach, but he will have slight speed advantage. I see Ace's speed and power eventually dazing Griffin enough to end the fight in the 3rd.
Robdabob878
Robdabob878
  • Predictions:  194  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: 46

02.02.2011 | 12:49 PM ET

Franklin's a lot more technical than Forrest in the boxing department, despite him considering himself a "brawler". He will walk balkward and make Forrest come within range all night. Franklin by 30-27 three round beatdown.

"As long as you can say that you learned something by the end of a roll, then it was a good roll"

ShogunDan
ShogunDan
  • Predictions:  212  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 13

02.02.2011 | 4:26 PM ET

Sigh....I grew up on these boys. I watched both of them rise and fall and now am seeing them close to the end. Forrest has been falling apart and can't seem to get his head in the game properly. Rich can show brief glimpses of brilliance when not against elite competition. So in a way these guys are perfect for each other. Both has above-average skill on the ground but like to "stand and bang." I figure this is gonna be a more updated version of Bonnar-Griffin 1. In the end expect Franklin to eke out a close decision.

"A wise man can learn a lot from a foolish question but a fool can never learn anything from a wise answer."

RussSommers
RussSommers
  • Predictions:  11  |  72.7%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 36

02.02.2011 | 4:36 PM ET

Forrest's size will prove to be the deciding factor in a split decision over the faster and more accurate Franklin. Griffin will use his size in close quarters to wear down Franklin, but Franklin's striking will impress. Franklin win's round 1 and Griffin takes 2 & 3.
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,563
  • Post Score: 275

02.03.2011 | 9:23 AM ET

Love both fighters and this is hard to pick. I'm going to go with size being a factor, and with Franklin's age giving me a little concern also.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Borralho Vs. Craig Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : Inspirational Pereira ‘Not Worried’ About Legacy Talk
  • MMA Mania : White ‘Probably A Little Mad’ About McGregor BKFC Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Jairzinho Rozenstruik plans to reconnect with ‘my real power source’ in Suriname, return against a top heavyweight
  • MMA Junkie : Karine Silva will keep 'unreachable' callout secret for one more fight after UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Maker After UFC Vegas 91
  • MMA Junkie : Ketlen Souza unwilling to take breaks after scoring first octagon win at UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMAFighting.com : Bogdan Guskov promises to keep delivering exciting fights after UFC Vegas 91 win: ‘I love blood’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Maheshate felt 'extra burden' after consecutive losses
  • MMA Mania : Covington On ‘Nobody’ Garry: ‘He’s Not Serious’
  • MMAFighting.com : Bryan Barberena announces UFC exit, calls for ‘real brawler’ BKFC battle with Mike Perry
  • MMA Junkie : Austin Hubbard admits he was 'super nervous, stressed out' before UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett responds to UFC 300 callouts from Renato Moicano, Bobby Green
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida