Topic: Franklin vs. Griffin

Franklin vs. Griffin Prediction Commentary

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,730  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

10.15.2010 | 4:36 PM ET

This is the official prediction commentary thread for Franklin vs. Griffin. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

da ninja
da ninja
  • Predictions:  919  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: 44

01.23.2011 | 5:43 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong Decision  

Extremely close to pick, as their styles are very similiar. That being said, this bout will take place mostly on the feet where Franklin has quicker strikes and better movement. He should take the decision.
fockerfast
fockerfast
  • Predictions:  41  |  34.1%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 38

01.23.2011 | 5:51 PM ET

Franklin via split in a all out slug fest!
RedDeadPenn
RedDeadPenn
  • Predictions:  210  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  88
  • Post Score: 88

01.27.2011 | 3:55 PM ET

Prediction: correct Griffin   correct Decision  

Really close fight to call, but I am leaning towards Forrest. I think he will be able to use his size and strength to bully Ace.

"No cheese at all?!? I love pizza and pizza have cheese!"- Rampage Jackson

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

01.28.2011 | 7:18 AM ET

Griffin by size and the fact that he's younger.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster

01.28.2011 | 7:18 AM ET

Never mind

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

01.28.2011 | 12:33 PM ET

Griffin decision.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

01.28.2011 | 12:53 PM ET

This is a toss-up for me.  I could see it going either way.  However, Griffin has stated that he's worried about ring rust.  Kinda makes me think that he's throwing his excuse out there before the fight's even happened.  I like both guys, so I'm just going to sit back and just watch the fight.  I wonder if the loser is gonna fight Jones/Bader?

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.28.2011 | 3:56 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Minatuaro I find it unlikely that little Nog would get the winner of Forrest vs Franklin. In fact it be a step back for either of them. Forrest just beat Tito and Franklin just beat Chuck so the winner should fight some one in the title picture not Nog who most current win is Tito. If he gets matched up with with either of them it will be the loser and it should be.

"here I come to save the day"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

01.28.2011 | 5:22 PM ET

@franklin, griffin is coming off a split decision win over an old and fading ortiz. Franklin is coming off of a win over the shot-chinned liddell, who he ko'd after getting beat up for a round. His fight before that was a ko loss to a middleweight. Neither of them are anywhere near title contention, and both of them would likely lose to lil nog who is superior on the feet and on the ground to both of them. 

"We Are All One"

DaiKaiju Wicked
DaiKaiju Wicked
  • Predictions:  2,021  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  383
  • Post Score: 149

01.28.2011 | 6:44 PM ET

Nice post minotauro, agree with most all of it, although I would argue that Lil Nog's stand up is a little over rated.  I think he would be in better shape on the floor with either Griffin or Franklin.  Overall, I think the Light Heavyweight title picture is a little more complicated than most people think.  The top 4 (Rua, Evans, Jackson, and Machida) have been established as the top of the division for quite some time.  Jones/Bader, Franklin/Griffin, and Ortiz/Nogueira are all important matches in establishing the second tier of 205ers, and I think matching any of those winners against each other in the near future would be great match making.

"I was born as a catholic but the nuns turned me. I was born as a pacifist but the guns turned me. I was born to be a beautiful man, but the ugliness is powerful, I do what I can."

minotauro11
minotauro11

01.28.2011 | 8:14 PM ET

Thanks. I am biased towards lil nog I guess because he is one of my favorite fighters, but I whole heartedly believe he is one of the best strikers in the LHW division, second only to Shogun. He got a bronze medal in the 2007 Pan Am Games in boxing, which is a very good accomplishment for a mixed martial artist. In his fight with prime Shogun, he stood toe to toe with him and dropped him twice. He has finished some very good fighters on the feet, such as Matyushenko, Luiz Cane and Allistair Overeem (current K-1 WGP champ). 

"We Are All One"

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

01.29.2011 | 3:24 AM ET

really looking forward to this one

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

01.30.2011 | 5:47 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Franklin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Yes minotuauro they are, so? Why would the winner then fight a man who just beat 2 fights ago?  it makes zero sense. Why should nog get the winner? Because he beats Tito who forrest beat 2 fights ago?  He should and will get the loser.

Also if you wanna start going over past recent fights lil nog aint lookin so good himself beat briz (which was VS by the way) and lost to bader.

"here I come to save the day"

minotauro11
minotauro11

01.30.2011 | 6:02 AM ET

First of all, the Brilz decision was not BS, and don't ever bring that **** up around me again. In the first, Nogueira landed punches and knees on the feet, Brilz didn't land ****. Then, when Brilz took him down, he didn't land a punch, then he got swept. Watch the ******* fight again, just because someone is on top doesn't mean they're winning, it says in the ******* rules that the guard is a neutral position. Then, the Bader fight was extremely close, which is a fight both Franklin and Forrest would also lose. And what is in common about those two guys? They are both grapplers. He may be fading, but Nogueira is still a huge threat on the feet. 
Forrest was matched up to fight Rogerio before he pulled out with an injury. If Nog wins and Forrest wins there is no reason not to make that match up that everyone was excited for. Lil Nog will not fight the loser because the UFC never matches up fighters coming off wins with fighters coming off losses. It would make sense to put Lil Nog vs the Forrest/Franklin winner in order to send one of them into title contention. 
And by the way, bringing up recent performances, Forrest Griffin got embarrassed by Silva, then won a SPLIT decision over Tito Ortiz, someone Forrest should have ran right through. And Franklin was getting beat up by Liddell, then he got KO'd by a MIDDLEWEIGHT. All three of these guys will not be LHW champions in the UFC, but they will match them up to determine which of the three is a decent contender.

"We Are All One"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

01.30.2011 | 9:51 AM ET

I like Franklin so I'm picking him. Realistically though I do see Forrest's size posing a problem for Franklin. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster

01.30.2011 | 12:32 PM ET

Well i agree with most of the things your saying @minotaur11 except for the part about the fight with bader,That fight was not close at all. Lil nog was on his back for the almost the whole fight not threatning to sweep or anything. And I think nog should get the loser of the franklin/griffin fight, there still building him up and a win over either of these guys will put him in title contention. ( No need no get so defensive when it comes to the nog brothers they are both great fighters, but all fighters have flaws)

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

01.30.2011 | 1:18 PM ET

@minotaur

While I agree that the Brilz fight can competently be scored for Nogueira upon review, your suggestion that an opinion supporting a Brilz decision win is ridiculous is completely asinine. I agree with you on the guard being a neutral position, but I don't think people who believe Brilz deserved the nod are basing that solely on his ability to take Nogueira down and keep him there; he dealt a serious amount of damage to nog, especially in the first round.

Either way, the point @franklin880088 was originally trying to make was ignored, which was the fact that--whatever your opinion on the decision--nogueira looked horrible against a non-ranked fighter in a recent bout, and I also agree with @BeastMaster in that the Bader decision was not close at all. Did Bader inflict damage? Not really. But he positionally dominated Nogueira throughout that fight, with a few exceptions.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

01.30.2011 | 6:29 PM ET

@minotaur

at this point ur just ranting man...first off, the lil nog v brillz decision was null invoid to me...brillz should've NEVER been THAT close to beating him...which makes the case for lil nog being overated....he's a less famous rampage...take em down and ur golden....

2nd, the ufc pits recent winners vs recent losers all the time...example, lesnar vs jds....so thats a mute arguement....

3rd, my personal opinion is that IF lil nog wins, which is a BIG IF, (as u pointed out his recent struggles with wrestlers..which is what tito ortiz is) he wont face the franklin/griffin winner or loser..my gut feeling is a win here would get him a fight against an up and coming phil davis..or maybe stephan bonner...

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

01.30.2011 | 7:07 PM ET

This is a close fight, franklin is just too well rounded for forrest. Franklin starts and finishes well, Forrest has glimpses of greatness in the middle. Franklin by ud.

"Frig off, bud"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

01.30.2011 | 7:25 PM ET

Thumbs downs came from me for all the off topic Brilz Nog discussion. I thought Brilz/Nog was a pretty even match. Styles make fights... how good or bad someone looks can just depend on the matchup. Little Nog could lose to Bader but then beat Shogun if given the chance.

I'll give myself a thumbs down for joining in.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC FIGHT PASS Invitational 7 Results
  • Middle Easy : Report: Floyd Mayweather To Rematch Victor Ortiz In Exhibition Match On August 24
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier goes scorched earth on Joaquin Buckley: ‘Shut up p*ssy’
  • MMA Mania : UFC Action Figures Are Back!
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury: Beating Oleksandr Usyk 'puts me No. 1 status of all time' at heavyweight
  • UFC.com : MCFARLANE TOYS TEAMS UP WITH UFC TO CREATE POWERHOUSE LINE OF COLLECTIBLES
  • Middle Easy : Deontay Wilder Fears Jake Paul Could Leave ‘Too Old’ Mike Tyson In Coma, Rips Commission For Licensing Boxing Legend To Fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 92 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier takes umbrage with 'magician at manipulation' Jon Jones dismissing UFC title reign
  • Middle Easy : Darren Till To Face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. In Pro Boxing Debut At Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Card
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brasileiro 2024 Breaks Record For Their Biggest Kid’s BJJ Tournament Ever
  • MMA Mania : He’s Back! ‘Gorilla’ Battles Chavez Jr. On Netflix
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Merab Dvalishvili shares video after 'huge accident' during Uber ride, walks away unscathed
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Merab Dvalishvili shows aftermath of frightening car accident, says he was uninjured
  • Bad Left Hook : Paul vs Tyson undercard: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr return, Sylve vs Schofield
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till books pro boxing debut vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till makes pro boxing debut at Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul event
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Tyson Fury, Darren Till, Cedric Doumbe, Frank Warren, Matt Brown, Carlos Ulberg, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action May 17-18
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney petitions for DQ win over Garcia