Topic: Mark Muñoz

Controversial K.O.?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

03.03.2011 | 7:33 PM ET

So first off: amazing fight and win for Munoz. I've been watching his stuff on youtube and i'm becoming more of a fan each time I watch him fight. Now this fight with Dalloway was a great fight for him and I believe that his finish was called correctly in my opinion. This may be a bit of a bias but I watched the replay and I believe that Joe Rogan had it right in that Dalloway did go out and although he did come back really fast he was out when Mario called for the stoppage. Now I don't like Mario a whole lot when it comes to refs because I just think he's called a couple iffy fights and also think his heart thing is weird (if someone can explain to me why he does that I may retract that statement if its a cool cause), but this time he got it right.

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Mark "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" Muñoz

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Mark Kenery Muñoz
  • Pro MMA Record: 14-6-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Filipino Wrecking Machine
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: May 16, 2015 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 186.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Reign MMA
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 71.0" (180cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $392,000 USD
  • Born: Yokosuka, Japan
  • Fighting out of: Vallejo, California
  • College: Oklahoma State University
  • Foundation Style: Wrestling
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

GutturalReef
GutturalReef
  • Predictions:  386  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 39

03.06.2011 | 9:49 PM ET

The stoppage/loss cost me 50 points, but it was a good stoppage. I mean, no one wants to see Carwin vs. Mir again....

"If people ain't hatin', you doin' somethin' wrong...."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.07.2011 | 3:43 AM ET

Carwin/Mir or Lesnar/Mir 2 - Let the guy fight in three months rather than have his face mashed and head scrambled and be out for 6 instead.

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.07.2011 | 6:22 AM ET

Yeh refs dont seem to like mir :( ....

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

lilspyder
lilspyder

03.07.2011 | 9:32 AM ET

Is that lso because of the fact of how Mir/Lesnar one ended? And the fact that Mir happens to be a HW. They are almost expected to be able to take stronger shots, and because of the suspect call that happened in Mir/Lesnar 1 about the hits to the back of the head, they let any Mir fight go to make it a sure thing?

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

jerry5
jerry5
  • Predictions:  1,893  |  56.2%
  • Forum Posts:  179
  • Post Score: 81

03.07.2011 | 4:38 PM ET

Good stoppage. Speaking of bad stoppages though, Steve Mazagatti needs to go. Jones-Hamill, come on.

"The young grow old, our pain and toys get bigger"

Babywads
Babywads
  • Predictions:  767  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  129
  • Post Score: 116

03.07.2011 | 5:26 PM ET

Jones-Hamill was a legitimate stoppage.  The fight had to be stopped to take a point but Hamill couldn't continue because his shoulder was dislocated.
lilspyder
lilspyder

03.07.2011 | 5:46 PM ET

I agree with babywads I mean it sucked that jones got the disqualification because of it but it definitely was the right call because an illegal move was being used.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 pre-event facts: Can Derrick Lewis extend all-time KO record?
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Paid More In Taxes Than I Made Last Year In My Fight’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dan Hardy picks Conor McGregor to beat Michael Chandler: ‘He’s got that refinement in his game’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Problem-Solving’ Cory Sandhagen Reveals One Weakness He Sees In Unbeaten Umar Nurmagomedov
  • UFC.com : Rankings Report | Week of May 6, 2024
  • Bad Left Hook : Jermall Charlo charged with DWI and fleeing after crashing Lamborghini
  • UFC.com : Last Time In St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Billy Goff Is Willing To Take The Risks
  • MMA Mania : White Accused Of Betting On NFL During Boring Bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry unsure Darren Till fight happens, teases interest in Caleb Plant: ‘Bring it on, motherf*ckers’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 commentary team, broadcast plans set: Laura Sanko joins booth for second time in 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Payton Talbott draws Yanis Ghemmouri at UFC 303 on June 29
  • MMA Mania : VIDEO: Sound & Pound — Will Lewis Turn Back Another Prospect?
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Jon Jones 'smart' for going after Alex Pereira over Tom Aspinall
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexandre Pantoja dreams of fight against flyweight ‘GOAT’ Demetrious Johnson
  • MMA Mania : Brain Damage Forces Hardy From BKFC 61
  • MMA Junkie : Heather Hardy suffering from effects of 'too much brain damage,' indicates fighting career is over
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch UFC champ Dricus du Plessis perform as Wildebeest on The Masked Singer
  • Middle Easy : Patchy Mix Declares Himself As ‘Best Bantamweight On The Planet’, Says He’d ‘Sleep’ Sean O’Malley And Petr Yan
  • MMA Mania : ‘One Of Us Has To Die’