Topic: Jay Hieron

Exclusive: Jay Hieron Sets the Record Straight

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.03.2011 | 6:03 AM ET

Check out the blog this morning for an exclusive interview with Jay Hieron, as he fires back against Bellator tournament rival Chris Lozano and discusses his mentality heading into the welterweight tournament.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Jay "The Thoroughbred" Hieron

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: James Thomas Hieronymus
  • Pro MMA Record: 23-7-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Thoroughbred
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: February 02, 2013 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 168.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Xtreme Couture
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 75.0" (191cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $212,000 USD
  • Born: Freeport, New York, United States
  • Fighting out of: Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

TheVigilante
TheVigilante
  • Predictions:  566  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 30

03.03.2011 | 6:07 AM ET

Nice read. I'd love to see him and Hornbuckle go at it later in the tourney.
skelliher
skelliher

03.03.2011 | 6:53 AM ET

Yeah I'm looking forward to a potential Hornbuckle fight, but with all of the trash talk, I have to say I'm getting suckered into a potential fight between Hieron and Lozano. That is, if Lozano pulls off the mild upset of Lyman Good in the opening round. I might pick him. He's definitely a legit prospect.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.03.2011 | 7:05 AM ET

easily the most anticipated tourney of the season. i wanna see hornbuckle win but not sure if he'd beat Askren in a rematch.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

skelliher
skelliher

03.03.2011 | 7:13 AM ET

Yeah Horbuckle is solid on his feet and great off of his back, but his TD defense is seriously lacking. At least against an Olympic-caliber wrestler. So I guess that's not too bad.

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.03.2011 | 7:20 AM ET

im hoping the tournament winner has formidable TDD otherwise they dont have much chance against Funky. would be interesting to see Hawn win the tournament but hed have to go through some pretty good fighters.to do so.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

skelliher
skelliher

03.03.2011 | 7:30 AM ET

It would be interesting to see Hawn take on Askren. Unfortunately, as you suggested, I don't think he has a great chance of getting through this stacked field. By far the most stacked tournament of the season. Some of the other tournaments are somewhat lackluster IMO, especially the LHW tournament.

skelliher
skelliher

03.03.2011 | 1:19 PM ET

Can I get a bump for the evening crowd?

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: A Follower Who Needs Validation
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: If Khamzat Chimaev doesn't manage his pace, 'it's going to be an early night for him'
  • Middle Easy : Son of UFC Legend Anderson Silva Will Fight Alongside Him at the Spaten Fight Night Event on June 15
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Donn Davis responds to Bellator fighter complaints about inactivity, unpaid medicals: 'We're direct, fair and reasonable'
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Doing A Great, Amazing Job!’ Topuria Praises Nice Guy O’Malley
  • MMAFighting.com : Paddy Pimblett sends warning to ‘sh*t human being’ Bobby Green ahead of UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman makes 'crazy' pitch of Oleksandr Usyk vs. Francis Ngannou: He's 'the biggest puncher out there'
  • MMA Mania : Fourth McGregor Fight? Poirier Doesn’t ‘Need That Bad Energy In My Life’
  • MMAFighting.com : Khalil Rountree Jr. suspended 2 months for doping violation, could face additional penalty in Nevada
  • MMA Junkie : Ilia Topuria praises 'showman' Sean O'Malley: 'I like him, he's doing a great job'
  • MMA Junkie : Mateusz Gamrot trashes Charles Oliveira for considering Colby Covington's callout: 'Thought you were better than that'