Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,118
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 48

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.10.2024 | 8:24 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 7175th

Most of these fights (except Zhang) are tough to pick. I don't think I'll do many parlays for this event.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

ITJUSTWORKS
ITJUSTWORKS
  • Predictions:  3,350  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  282
  • Post Score: 240

04.10.2024 | 9:45 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 638th

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, DEC
I'm thinking with my heart, but it's Jim ******* Miller

"I fell off harder then those monkeys jumping on the bed"

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,058  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,989
  • Post Score: 138

04.10.2024 | 10:01 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

Yan being a significantly larger dog against Zhang Weili than Lemos was makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. I implore everyone to leave Weili out of any parlays. This line is goofy. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,017  |  67.4%
  • Forum Posts:  32,111
  • Post Score: 88

04.10.2024 | 10:08 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 4684th

Line makes sense. One takedown and the fight is over

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

CowboyKurt
CowboyKurt
  • Predictions:  959  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  97
  • Post Score: 143

04.10.2024 | 10:18 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 4684th

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R3
I got Jiri by round 3 KO, I am not to confident that Jiri will get the job done as he does not check leg kicks, and Rakic is a heavy leg kicker, and I’m also worried about the wrestling of Rakic being able to control Jiri

"Everyone Has a Plan Until They Get Punched in the Mouth"

baremaras
baremaras
  • Predictions:  3,114  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,758
  • Post Score: -18

04.10.2024 | 10:29 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 480 Points   |   Tied for 5297th

weili isn't losing, she's one of the few if not the only wmma fighter that actually has a certain level of fight iq

if she's losing in the striking, she won't hesitate to wrestle and we all know what that means for yan
Pflynn8
Pflynn8
  • Predictions:  121  |  52.1%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 170

04.10.2024 | 10:33 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 6630th

Jiri will make easy work of Rakic he should not be the underdog in this fight 
Sidomavicius
Sidomavicius
  • Predictions:  1,032  |  70.3%
  • Forum Posts:  331
  • Post Score: 172

04.10.2024 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 610 Points   |   Tied for 1793rd

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, DEC
Probably the most anticipated fight on the card. Whatever way you look at it, both guys are gonna take a lot of damage. Very hard to pick a side here. I really like this particular spot though. I feel that if Justin is going to win, it’s going to be a violent finish. Got a lot more power in his strikes than Max. The volume is what separates Max from the rest. If this goes the distance, i feel like Max will put up the numbers and is the much more likely guy to win a decision. Justin has only gone to decision 4 times his entire pro career. Best bet imo is Max - Decision only. That way if there is a finish either side, the bet is void.

"Kindness is a universal language regardless of age, nationality or religion” — Sir Alex Ferguson"

osusnp
osusnp
  • Predictions:  462  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  115
  • Post Score: 186

04.10.2024 | 11:14 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 7297th

@AyyLmaonnaise 
I'm wanting to make a prop of of specifically ending by crucifix since that seems to be her new thing. But once it's on the mat, Zhang is going to do whatever she wants.
osusnp
osusnp
  • Predictions:  462  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  115
  • Post Score: 186

04.10.2024 | 12:02 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 7297th

those holloway compression shorts are sick, if I could get them without a name on them I would.
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,423
  • Post Score: 129

04.10.2024 | 1:05 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

Last week and this week have one thing in common despite the vast difference in quality. I didn't think I would find much betting-wise. Last week turned out great though and this week is looking better than I initially thought as well.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  458  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  729
  • Post Score: 150

04.10.2024 | 1:14 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5620th

I love Cody but there's A HUGE misconception about him and where he's at, I have seen more and more people talk about how "Cody is back" and therefore he's gonna win this fight & don't get me wrong I'm not saying Garbrandt doesn't have a chance but the whole "Cody is Back" thingy is misleading.
He didn't look good enough in either of those last two fights. I mean he did look better than his opponents that's for sure. But if you think because he won a few layups his carrer's back where it was, you're not seeing the whole picture. Trevin Jones fight was the fight where Cody went more passive and I applaud him for that but I don't see people mention that third round where he was visibly hurt, got tired and taken down by TREVIN JONES, who got cut right after.
People focus on the simple fact that Cody got the victory, that's it everything else doesn't matter. Kelleher fight was also not the best look when your next fight is Figgy. Beautiful ko, but his leg was absolutely chewed up. Again, the jump from Kelleher to Figgy will be huge. Figgy is the same type of elite fighter Cody would lose to. The overall well-roundedness, that mixture of takedowns & the power Figgy posseses will be too much to deal with. Cody winning via Decision in my eyes is a far fetch, knockout probability when Figgy has never been knocked out is also very low.

* Edited at 04.10.2024, 1:42 PM ET *

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,399  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,423
  • Post Score: 129

04.10.2024 | 1:21 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 4 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 1359th

I guess we all knew it but nice to get confirmation from the manager:

“She will make weight. And, listen, at the end of the day, just tune in,” Abdelaziz said. “She will be one of the biggest stars. She does what she has to do against Holly Holm. She’s very tough, very seasonal. She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion.We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” 

* Edited at 04.10.2024, 1:23 PM ET *

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  414  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  868
  • Post Score: 160

04.10.2024 | 1:38 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 103rd

@jeffferson 
100%. Cody's not back. The UFC just hit the reset button on his career and he's taken advantage of the step back in competition. Cody's a fringe top 15 fighter at this point in his career. Aside from a flash KO he's not beating Figgy

"My balls was hot"

UncleSocrates
UncleSocrates
  • Predictions:  1,035  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  147
  • Post Score: 192

04.10.2024 | 2:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 6467th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
Give me Hill here in the upset, I love Poatan and he is absolutely capable of piecing Hill up but I don't trust his chin and Hill has serious power. Every fight Hill seems to improve and he has had a lot of time to gameplan solely for Alex. The leg kicks will 100% be a factor as they are in every Alex fight but I think Jamahal's power will shine through and he will hurt and finish Alex. Really close call but I'm siding with Hill to regain gold in this one.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, SUB, R3
Love Weili in this one. Yan's striking is crisp and her counter punching is great but this isn't Andrade she is fighting. Weili is very good on the feet as well and won't leave the same openings as others do when rushing Yan. Ultimately I think Weili is going to maul her on the ground just like she did to Lemos and ultimately finding the submission. Weili is well on her way to being an all time great and I think she's that good.

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, DEC
This one hurts. I am a massive Holloway fan and have been trying to find ways for him to win but Gaethje is just a horrible matchup for him. Justin will be around all 5 rounds, he has more pop in his punch, he can handle the length of Max since this isn't Max at 45, and the biggest game changer is the low kicks. Volk was able to implement low kicks very well into his fights vs Max and it limited Max's ability to get into rhythm and do what he does best. Gaethje has some of, if not the most, nasty low kick games in the entire promotion and he will find a lot of success there. Max will be game as always and I don't see him fading but ultimately I think Gaethje will land the more damaging shots and keep up enough volume wise to take a decision. I am pulling for a Max W though.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, DEC
Pains me to say this but I have to side with Arman here. Despite this I already bet on Charles at +190 earlier this week, the line is wide Charles is uber dangerous and always moves forward. I unfortunately think Arman has him covered here though, his chin is a bit of a concern but we only saw an issue vs Joaquim Silva and he weathered the storm and won anyways. Arman will be able to hang on the feet with Charles but is less dangerous there, but his wrestling is a huge upside. I believe he is capable of getting Charles down and I do not see him getting submitted. From the ground Arman does a lot of work and does a lot of damage and I see that happening here and leading Arman to the W.

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Don't have much to say here, I see Bo having his way here as he has in his past 2 fights. Bo's striking is nothing to be in awe of but he does have power and obviously has the wrestling pedigree. I see him breaking Brundage and finishing him.

Procházka vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, DEC
Very cool scrap here, we know what we get with Jiri. Kill or be killed, forward pressure, damage, and awkwardness. At first glimpse it looks like Jiri is just doing all the wrong things, holds his hands down, is hittable, etc. but he makes it work. He will be on the hunt as always in this one and looking to land damaging shots. I believe Rakic can handle it though, he is coming off a very long layoff from the knee injury but this guy is a machine. Rakic will be the more precise striker here and on the outside I think he will find a lot of success and Rakic also has a very good wrestling game that he can fall back on. It will be tough to wet blanket Jiri but I do believe the wrestling will play a factor especially when Jiri starts to close the distance and pressure. I like Jiri a lot and he is always dangerous but I like Rakic's more refined and well rounded game to get him a decision win.

Kattar vs. Sterling
Calvin Kattar, DEC
Once again an insanely tough fight to call. Kattar is 36 coming off of an 18 month layoff and an ACL tear, not ideal. That being said if Kattar is himself in this fight, which may be a lot to ask, I think he matches up very well. Kattar has very good takedown defense, extremely crisp boxing, and real power as well. Aljo on the other hand has a more diverse striking game this is honestly underrated but it's not threatening at all, his ground game and specifically back taking ability as we know is elite and where the danger lies. I like this move to 45 for Aljo but this means he is no longer much larger than his opponents and can outwrestle them and I think he will have a tougher time getting Kattar down than even guys with the pedigree of Cejudo and Yan because Kattar is a massive dude himself. Ultimately, I've had an extremely tough time picking this fight but I'm going with Kattar because I believe he will have multiple moments where he hurts Aljo on the feet and I trust he will have a solid gameplan. Aljo on the other hand travels to different gyms constantly and who knows what type of coaching influence he really will have. Don't feel confident in this one and hate fading one of the NY guys but I'm going with Kattar.

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
The line here is wide but I like Kayla to win. Classic striker vs grappler here, Holm will have a lot of success kickboxing from range but if Kayla gets her hands on her, which I see her eventually doing, Holly is going to look like a fish out of water. Kayla's top control is dominant and she can now implement elbows into her game. I worry that Kayla will end up gassing out late in the fight since she's cutting this much weight and I also worry she will get peppered trying to close distance but ultimately this is not Holly of old and I see Kayla mauling her on the ground. Would not bet on Kayla here though.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Sodiq Yusuff, DEC
Another absolute tossup in my eyes. I like a lot of what Sodiq does, his striking is extremely clean, he has power behind his punches, is a great wrestler, and he has good enough bjj to keep him safe. Lopes on the flip side has obviously been extremely impressive, his cardio and finishing ability are top notch. He always pushes a pace and looks to finish the fight. I think he will run into issues in this one because he will have a difficult time taking Sodiq down, Lopes has only really been able to secure his submissions because he was taken down himself and I see no reason why Sodiq would offensively wrestle unless he's hurt which is a possibility because he has shown slight chin issues. Another piece is that Lopes does leave himself open on the feet and I think Sodiq will be able to take advantage of that. I worry that Sodiq will fade late where Lopes we can assure won't, but I think this is a very unfavorable matchup stylistically for Lopes so I'm siding with Super Sodiq.

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
I really like Turner here. I just simply don't see much of a path for Moicano, Turner is a ginormous lightweight and will have a field day striking at range against Moicano who seems to get rocked often. Moicano's obvious best path is the grapple and take the back but I just don't see it, Turner loves to flash the knees up the middle and it will be very difficult for Moicano to close that distance. Even if he does Turner has solid TDD and a very good bjj game as well, I trust him to do the right things if Moicano is able to threaten the grappling. I see Turner rocking Moicano a bunch on the feet and finding the finish.

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R2
Another close one, Marina is very sharp on the feet and works extremely well from range. If Andrade for some reason decides to stay at range and have a kickboxing match Marina will butcher her. That being said I don't see Andrade doing that, Andrade has a massive grappling edge here and if she uses it she will find success but she just hasn't wrestled in a long time. Even despite that Marina does not have much stopping ability and I think Andrade will have zero respect for her power and continually move forward until she lands a big looping punch that hurts Marina. She will swarm and find the finish.

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC
Interesting fight here that I've been back and forth on. I think stylistically this is a rough fight for Jim, he loves to continually come forward and put pressure on his opponents and that falls right into Bobby's style. Jim will be significantly slower than Bobby here and it will be very difficult for him to find Bobby. Bobby also has shown he is not easy to take down, I don't see Jim ragdolling him at will. Despite this stylistic mismatch I worry about Bobby returning this quickly after a devastating ko loss, him and Turner are literally back on the same card. Jim has shown he still has power and to use a style like Bobby's where your hands are down and relying on movement you do need a chin to back it up. This being said, Jim Miller is not Jalin Turner and I don't see him being able to find Bobby easily leading to a Green decision.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
I like Figgy in this one, Cody is the faster and more technical striker offensively but leaves himself open a lot. Figgy is not the guy you want to leave openings for, we know how Cody's chin has been over the past few years and Figgy is explosive and dangerous. Figgy also has an advantage on the ground but I don't see this going to the mat much. Line is definitely wide but I see Fig finding a finish.

"."

UncleSocrates
UncleSocrates
  • Predictions:  1,035  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  147
  • Post Score: 192

04.10.2024 | 2:24 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 6467th

I also already bet on Lopes and Sterling but have changed my mind on the picks above guess it's a win either way

"."

SANGRES
SANGRES
  • Predictions:  137  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  325
  • Post Score: 63

04.10.2024 | 2:30 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 4024th

@UncleSocrates 
Hopefully, the only pick wrong is Rakic, other than that, I agree with the rest 

"Every animal has a different bite" - Benjamin Esparza

BobbyAnderson
BobbyAnderson
  • Predictions:  171  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 0

04.10.2024 | 4:00 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Bo Nickal quickly takes down Brundage, and gets a arm triangle submission within two minutes. Brundage starts the fight throwing wildly, which will lead to an easy takedown.

SANGRES
SANGRES
  • Predictions:  137  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  325
  • Post Score: 63

04.10.2024 | 4:05 PM ET

Nickal vs Brundage
Brundage, DQ, Round 1
Nickal going to accidentally punch the back of Brundage's head and Brundage crumbles and starts crying, saying he's going to die so this leaves the ref to call it off. **** the parlays, Brundage!!

"Every animal has a different bite" - Benjamin Esparza

ghost261
ghost261
  • Predictions:  764  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 17

04.10.2024 | 4:07 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 3926th

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, TKO, R3
I think Max's volume will be too much over time. Justin better use those leg kicks.

Procházka vs. Rakić
Aleksandar Rakić, TKO, R2
Draw should be a prediction

Holm vs. Harrison
Holly Holm, DEC
If Kayla couldn't finish Ladd then what is there to expect against the top of the heap? Kayla did not look impressive in that fight. Just a lay and pray effort. Maybe she will step it up for this big event.

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, TKO, R3
I really hope Miller wins but I don't see it. Bobby has really good head movement and his TDD is really good. This might be easy for Green.

Page 48

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Topuria’s Goal? Highest Salary In All Of Sports
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Odds, Props, Parlays And Picks
  • MMA Mania : Pereira Vs. Potieria Betting Odds, Breakdown, Prediction
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, April 30: Alex Perez joins top 15 at flyweight after upset KO
  • MMA Mania : ‘Holloway Is The Guy’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Knockout of the Month for April: Max Holloway's buzzer-beater BMF finish a unanimous winner
  • MMA Mania : Prochazka To 185? ‘I Hope He Doesn’t’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Confident Conor McGregor is a ‘Better Fighter’ Than Michael Chandler
  • MMA Junkie : Steve Erceg was eating KFC when he received call to fight for title at UFC 301
  • MMAFighting.com : Canelo Alvarez vs. Jaime Munguia fight card
  • UFC.com : José Aldo’s Career UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Mania : Pantoja Was ‘Very Mad’ With Strickland: ‘Shut Your Mouth’
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal reveals he made $5 million to save UFC 251 headliner vs. Kamaru Usman
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 2: ‘Let’s see who is going to get the belt first’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker hopes Jiri Prochazka steers clear of UFC middleweight move because 'then we're enemies'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch stock car racing champ take UFC 301 prospect for 120 mph ride
  • MMA Mania : Welterweight ‘Do Bronx’?! ‘That Will Lead To Money, History, And Legacy’
  • MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall says UFC 304 start time 'just not fair' for U.K. fans
  • Middle Easy : Charles Oliveira Insists He Did Enough To Beat Arman Tsarukyan At UFC 300: ‘It’s Very Complex’
  • UFC.com : Exciting Fighters You Might Not Know | UFC 301: Pantoja vs Erceg