Topic: UFC 300

UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,265
  • Post Score: 47

12.16.2023 | 12:25 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 300
  • Saturday 04.13.2024 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $16,508,823
  • Attendance: 20,067
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alex Pereira   defeats   Jamahal Hill   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Strikes   3:14 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Weili Zhang   defeats   Xiaonan Yan   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Max Holloway   defeats   Justin Gaethje   via KO/TKO, Overhand Right   4:59 Round 5 of 5, 24:59 Total Bout Page
Arman Tsarukyan   defeats   Charles Oliveira   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bo Nickal   defeats   Cody Brundage   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Jiří Procházka   defeats   Aleksandar Rakić   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:17 Round 2 of 3, 8:17 Total Bout Page
Aljamain Sterling   defeats   Calvin Kattar   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Kayla Harrison   defeats   Holly Holm   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:47 Round 2 of 3, 6:47 Total Bout Page
Diego Lopes   defeats   Sodiq Yusuff   via KO/TKO, Uppercuts to Ground Strikes   1:29 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Renato Moicano   defeats   Jalin Turner   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:11 Round 2 of 3, 9:11 Total Bout Page
Jéssica Andrade   defeats   Marina Rodriguez   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Bobby Green   defeats   Jim Miller   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Deiveson Figueiredo   defeats   Cody Garbrandt   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:02 Round 2 of 3, 9:02 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 44

jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  487  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  834
  • Post Score: 150

04.08.2024 | 6:04 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5620th

Zhang + Figgy bet is free cash, np

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  427  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 160

04.08.2024 | 6:14 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 103rd

@jeffferson 
I have those 2 parlayed with Tsurukyan for plus money

"My balls was hot"

TheWormLumbriga
TheWormLumbriga
  • Predictions:  1,562  |  77.8%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 150

04.08.2024 | 6:54 PM ET

Brazilian heart stop in saturday

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 470 Points   |   Tied for 5620th

Oliveira and Pereira in the same card oh ****,nervous as ****

"Brazilian amateur fighter 0-0"

jjvardz
jjvardz
  • Predictions:  204  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 115

04.08.2024 | 7:50 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 4415th

@DevinM34 
Yusuff is dangerous on the feet and very powerful. I agree he has the advantage there however i still think Lopes is capable on the feet. The difference in grappling is clear, lopes is dangerous both on top and bottom position. I disagree that the dec favours Yusuff. Yusuff gases later in the fight, we have seen this before. Lopes is a pressure fighter who fights at a high pace. I feel the later it goes the more it favours lopes for a late sub or decision. For me Yusuff needs a ko under 1.5 to win the fight 
jjvardz
jjvardz
  • Predictions:  204  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 115

04.08.2024 | 7:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 4415th

Figgy takes this for me. Cody is very fast and figgy isn't too defensively sound however cody's chin is definitely still a question mark. I think leg kicks play a big factor in this, Kelleher was landing the leg kick at will in the cody fight and figgy has nice powerful low kicks. I see figgy smashing cody's lead leg and mixing his grappling in. Only place i worry for figgy is in the pocket exchanging with cody, he is so fast but this is dangerous for cody too. If he squares up and tries to trade, the chance of a ko for figgy is definitely there

* Edited at 04.08.2024, 8:01 PM ET *

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  427  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 160

04.08.2024 | 8:38 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 745 Points   |   Tied for 103rd

@jjvardz 
I don't think he smokes Lopes on the feet, but he's definitely the better striker, especially defensively. And Lopes does have a huge advantage on the ground. He's got some of the best jiu-jitsu in the UFC. He's got to get this fight to the ground to take advantage of it though, unless he just backpacks him and finds a RNC. Lopes is the more dangerous guy and if Yusuff gets tied up with him for even a second that could be it. In my mind if it goes to DEC that means Yusuff was able to keep it standing and outpoint Lopes

"My balls was hot"

FightConnoisseur
FightConnoisseur
  • Predictions:  113  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

04.08.2024 | 8:39 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 2829th

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R3
Pereira’s best weapon outside of his lead left hook are his leg kicks. Hill just ruptured his Achilles so I don’t think he’ll be able to deal with them well (he never has anyways), and in his southpaw stance when he throws the straight left his lead right hand is sometimes lower than it should be. Pereira by 3rd round TKO via left hook followed by ground strikes is my pick.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, TKO, R5
I personally think Yan Xiaonan is underrated and improving. However, I still thinks she is steps below Zhang Weili in every aspect. On the feet, I believe Weili has more tools and a power advantage. And on the ground I think we can all agree Weili is better there as well. Weili submitted Esparza (after outgrappling her) the same girl who TKO’d Xiaonan on the ground. I see this being a one sided fight for Zhang Weili. My final pick is Zhang Weili by round 5 TKO from ground and pound.

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Justin Gaethje, TKO, R3
I’m excited for this one! I think Holloway is being really discredited here. However, I think Gaethje will finish this fight for a few reasons. Holloway doesn’t check leg kicks (exposed by Volk), he takes so much damage in majority of his fights and is extremely hittable. Also another thing to point out, Holloway got shook in all of his last 4 fights (Yair, Volk 3, Allen, TKZ) people who hit nothing like Gaethje. I also find that Holloway cuts easily. I see Holloway out landing Gaethje throughout this fight but absorbing tons of damage. My final pick is Justin Gaethje by 3rd round TKO via doctors stoppage.

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
Big fan of Do Bronx! However I have to go with Arman. Oliveira struggles to use his jiu-jitsu against wrestlers. Arman has good top control when he gets it to the ground, and he has nasty ground and pound as well. Oliveira will throw up submissions off of his back but I just don’t see him catching Arman off of his back. On the feet, Oliveira has a change since his favorite punch is the left hook and that’s the punch that always catches Arman (caught him badly against Joaquim Silva) I also feel like Arman has a chance on the feet as well though since Oliveira’s defense and head movement just don’t exist and Arman has some nasty power. Personally I think Arman just has way more options than Charles as much as it hurts me to say. And I think we see Arman get it done by late second round TKO via ground strikes.

Nickal vs. Brundage
Bo Nickal, SUB, R1
Ok first of all, get this off the main card, secondly Bo Nickal will submit Cody Brundage in round 1 via arm triangle. Realistically Bo Nickal is just better than Cody Brundage. The only ways Brundage can win is either by fluke KO, another slam, or another DQ that was unwarranted.

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Ok this fight is actually really close. What I see is Aleksandar Rakic kicking at the lead leg of Jiri Prochazka early. Rakic will remain composed and give Jiri a lot of issues. However I see Jiri eventually just like classic Jiri, pulling something crazy either a flying knee or a spinning elbow and putting the lights out. Rakic just seems like the guy to fall for it and Jiri has underrated feints and traps.

* Edited at 04.08.2024, 8:43 PM ET *

Lo_Wang
Lo_Wang
  • Predictions:  572  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 83

04.08.2024 | 9:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 695 Points   |   Tied for 380th

Pereira vs. Hill
Alex Pereira, TKO, R2
Achilles exploded during basketball fatty, your hands are always by your waist, the only one that's having sweet dreams on Saturday is you

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, DEC
Holloway has the style and the chin to counter gaethje all night long

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Arman Tsarukyan, TKO, R2
MMA makes 0 sense I want do Bronx to win but think he gets chinned in the 2nd by the surging Armenian

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R2
Rakic lost to volkan oezdemir and jiri has aspergers which is the best base for mma

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R1
Barboza took sodiq down imagine what Diego will do

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R2
Horrid match upe for crash bandicoot

ExquisiteChair
ExquisiteChair
  • Predictions:  76  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -38

04.08.2024 | 9:08 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 6848th

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, TKO, R2
I don't get why people hate this fight. Yeah, fck WMMA but it's Holm VS Double Olympic Medalist. Harrison is probably going to takedown Holm, rain elbows (a privilege she didn't have in the PFL, but has used extensively) and rinse and repeat in round two.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, TKO, R3
I think Diego Lopes is still focusing on his striking

Turner vs. Moicano
Renato Moicano, DEC
Haven't seen how Moicano fights, but hey if he doesn't get KOed then we'll see what happens.

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Jéssica Andrade, TKO, R2
Normally I'd say a decision, but both have them have gotten KOs and BEEN KOed... many times.

Green vs. Miller
Jim Miller, DEC
Jim F*CKING Miller

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Cody Garbrandt, TKO, R2
A man can dream... I think one of em isn't taking the other seriously, and I don't know which one

FightConnoisseur
FightConnoisseur
  • Predictions:  113  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

04.08.2024 | 9:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 2829th

Kattar vs. Sterling
Calvin Kattar, DEC
Calvin Kattar has only been taken down twice in his entire UFC career. He has shown great takedown defense and Aljamain’s takedown accuracy is only 24% in the UFC. I can maybe see Aljamain getting 1 or 2 takedowns but Kattar will get right back up. And on the feet, let’s just say it how it is, Kattar is just better. 30-27 decision win for Calvin Kattar is my pick.

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
My prediction is that the fight gets cancelled due to a weight miss by Kayla. However if she does make the weight I think she outgrapples Holly Holm to a decision. She’s a lot bigger than Holly, and I just can’t trust Holly anymore at her age anymore. My final pick is a 30-27 decision win for Kayla Harrison.

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R3
Underrated fight right here. I think Yusuff will hurt Lopes early and drops him. I think Lopes will survive in what is a 10-8 round for Sodiq Yusuff in round 1. In the second round I think we see a gassed Sodiq Yusuff and a takeover from Lopes. I see Diego Lopes eventually outgrappling and even outstriking a gassed Sodiq Yusuff and eventually hurting him and then submitting him. My final pick is Diego Lopes via submission in round 3 by triangle choke.

Turner vs. Moicano
Jalin Turner, TKO, R1
Big fan of Renato. However, I think we see an annihilation here by Jalin Turner. Renato has literally no chin, his striking isn’t the best, and he’s extremely open and hittable. Not to mention the size difference between the two is mental. Turner used to be a welterweight and Moicano used to be a featherweight. Turner also has nasty power in his hands and I think that’s how he will win this fight. My final pick is Jalin Turner by 1st round KO.

Andrade vs. Rodriguez
Marina Rodriguez, TKO, R2
Honestly I think Andrade is done. Her striking is still alright but she’s so open and I don’t like it. She got rocked by Mackenzie Dern. Yes that’s right Mackenzie Dern rocked Jessica Andrade. And Yan Xiaonan who doesn’t really have power nearly knocked her out cold. Rodriguez has underrated power and I think the pressure that she puts on will be too much for Andrade. My final pick is Rodriguez by second round standing TKO.

Green vs. Miller
Bobby Green, DEC
I think a lot of people are picking Jim Miller because of the ref that nearly took Bobby Green’s life last time out. However, if Green’s brains are still somewhat there I think he wins this fight. I think he is a way better striker than Jim Miller. Miller has decent kicks but he cannot compete in the boxing with Bobby Green. Sure Miller can take it to the ground and find a submission, but for the majority of the fight, I see Green outstriking Miller to a decision. Unless Green is done after the last KO loss my final pick is Bobby Green by 30-27 boxing clinic.

Figueiredo vs. Garbrandt
Deiveson Figueiredo, TKO, R2
I want Cody Garbrandt to win this fight so badly. However, I just can’t see it happening. Figgy is just too well rounded, too powerful, and Cody is too chinny at this point in his career. I would say this version of Cody has a better chance at winning this fight than the old version of Cody. However I think Cody Garbrandt has taken so much damage throughout his career that he gets slept brutally in this fight. Deiveson Figueiredo is not Trevin Jones or Brian Kelleher. My final pick for this fight is Deiveson Figueiredo by brutal 2nd round KO.

ExquisiteChair
ExquisiteChair
  • Predictions:  76  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -38

04.08.2024 | 9:17 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 6848th

Pereira vs. Hill
Jamahal Hill, TKO, R2
Yes... Glover was tagging Jamahal hill with the left hook and other shots. Yes, Hill's footwork isn't great and he smoking too much weed. But the southpaw stance, power... I hope Pereira wins but I'm picking Hill. Pereira can't calf kick like he normally does on a southpaw... and he almost lost to the only southpaw he's ever faced in the UFC.

Zhang vs. Yan
Weili Zhang, SUB, R4
Zzzzzzz... I like Zhang but I know it's not gonna be a great fight (although I hope that I'll be wrong)

Gaethje vs. Holloway
Max Holloway, DEC
Unmovable object vs Unstoppable force. This could have totally been the main event and should have been the comain. Picking Max for the chin, and the fact that he's finally sparring again

Oliveira vs. Tsarukyan
Charles Oliveira, TKO, R2
Oliveira either finishes or gets finished

Nickal vs. Brundage
Cody Brundage, TKO, R2
This is gonna get Cody from 8k to 100k followers

Procházka vs. Rakić
Jiří Procházka, TKO, R1
Crazy how Jiri's 5th ufc fight is on 300

Kattar vs. Sterling
Aljamain Sterling, DEC
If Kattar flash KOs Sterling, that'd be insane. Also don't like Kattar coming back from a knee injury.

Zion
Zion
  • Predictions:  113  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: -52

04.08.2024 | 9:28 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 6731st

@Rah123 
I do put money on it.  Reveal your pick then so I can atleast think again.

Zion
Zion
  • Predictions:  113  |  68.1%
  • Forum Posts:  122
  • Post Score: -52

04.08.2024 | 9:29 PM ET

Reminder to all of you.

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 6731st

Arman Tsarukyan is a LOCK .
dhndzFTW
dhndzFTW
  • Predictions:  216  |  69.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -100

04.08.2024 | 10:08 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 570 Points   |   Tied for 2795th

we all know its a travesty cejudo isnt headlining this card.

"What happened happened and couldn’t have happened any other way."

LockCity
LockCity
  • Predictions:  2  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  24
  • Post Score: -442

04.08.2024 | 10:32 PM ET

@jjvardz 
thank you. Finally someone agrees with me Lopez all day.
LockCity
LockCity

04.08.2024 | 10:36 PM ET

@Zion 
I don’t mind Armen pick. I actually think the best bet on that fight is actually under 2.5 rounds. I have slammed it nearly on every Charles fight. Charles doesn’t like to go to decisions. He hasn’t been to one in like 10 years. It might cost you just a little bit of money, but I still think under is the best play. It IS possible Charles can knock out Armen. We have seen Armen get hurt before, but it’s extremely hard to rely on him not being durable if we actually haven’t seen him get knocked out before. As far as chin goes, I think Charles chin is worse. After all, it does seem he gets dropped near every fight. I’m not completely sure if Armen hurts him he will be able to recover. Armen is not afraid to go to the mat. Gun to my head. Armen KO. That would be my bet. But, obviously with Armen price and under 2.5 price. I feel safer with under 2.5
Not sure if I brought up good points here, but I could be a complete idiot here.

* Edited at 04.08.2024, 10:38 PM ET *

LockCity
LockCity

04.08.2024 | 10:51 PM ET

Holloway vs Justin

I absolutely hate hate and kinda sad to have to break down this fight. Holloway, is one of my most favorite fighters. I have bet on him so many different times. And I hate to say this, but I cannot see him winning this fight. And it simply all comes down to actual power, and physical damage. Holloway is high volume fighter, but I don’t believe he can produce amount of damage from his hits that Justin can. Specially at this weight class. I’ll have to say, it’s a little strange that the payout is better on Justin by KO than it is by Dec. Justin is massive money by Dec. I have to lean Dec here, regardless of the weight change for Holloway. I understand this is a different weight class, but I have to stick and never forget when Holloway showed Dustin what a freaking DOG he was. This is a first fight at a different weight class. I can completely be wrong here. But, I’m still a firm believer, Holloway has one of the best chins in UFC history. I don’t believe I recall him ever get dropped before. Until I see it, I’ll stick to my guns here. Give me Justin by Dec at big plus money. I can’t be convinced he is finishing Holloway because he finished Dustin Poirier. And that’s why believe the line is at where it’s at. Good luck anyone.
Peytonious
Peytonious
  • Predictions:  142  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

04.08.2024 | 11:34 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 11 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 670 Points   |   Tied for 660th

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R3
The

BobbyAnderson
BobbyAnderson
  • Predictions:  184  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 0

04.08.2024 | 11:55 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 3 Perfect, 530 Points   |   Tied for 4024th

Holm vs. Harrison
Kayla Harrison, DEC
Harrison's pressure will be way too much for Holm

Yusuff vs. Lopes
Diego Lopes, SUB, R1
Armbar submission late in the first round by Lopes. He hurts Yusuff with a right hook, then drops to a armbar.

Arturo Gatti
Arturo Gatti
  • Predictions:  519  |  78.0%
  • Forum Posts:  130
  • Post Score: -39

04.09.2024 | 12:27 AM ET

Predictions: 3 of 4 Winners, 1 Perfect, 190 Points   |   Tied for 8088th

If you  are tired of not paying your lot fees on time at the trailer park bet on charles oliveira,its like EBT its free money, I have taken out a max car loan on my 2005 Ford Escort to fund this wager. 

Page 44

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Abdullah Al-Qahtani vs. Yazeed Hasanain - The result of the fight is being announced.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Abdullah Al-Qahtani 97% Yazeed Hasanain 3%
  • Abdullah "The Reaper" Al-Qahtani (9-1-0) SA is the #62nd Pro Mens Featherweight in North America.
  • Yazeed "The Golden Boy" Hasanain (3-1-0) Amman, JO is the #88th Pro Mens Featherweight in Middle East.
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia