Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Lewis

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,259
  • Post Score: 47

06.01.2023 | 10:08 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 11.04.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Ibirapuera Gymnasium
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Attendance: 10,792
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Gabriel Bonfim   via KO/TKO, Clinch Knees to Ground Punches   4:33 Round 2 of 3, 9:33 Total Bout Page
Rodrigo Nascimento   defeats   Don'Tale Mayes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Abus Magomedov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elves Brener   defeats   Kaynan Kruschewsky   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   4:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   vs.   Rinat Fakhretdinov   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vitor Petrino   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Check Hook   1:03 Round 2 of 3, 6:03 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Denise Gomes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eduarda Moura   defeats   Montserrat Conejo Ruiz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:14 Round 2 of 3, 7:14 Total Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   defeats   Kauê Fernandes   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 27

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,174  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,262
  • Post Score: 88

11.02.2023 | 3:13 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1004th

Maybe it wasn’t a full snap but there was a crack in his arm. He couldn’t lift it up after the fight, he walked out holding his arm with his other one 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,272  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6,544
  • Post Score: -57

11.02.2023 | 3:58 PM ET

Ayy

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 1456th

With an arm problem recently, and at those odds I am staying the Hell (From Pichel) away from this fight. Thanks for the info 👍 

"Positivity is a positive"

Rah123
Rah123

11.02.2023 | 4:01 PM ET

Moths

It's ok. Not everyone is a doctor. But I am a doctor, a fighter, an analyst, a commentator, a lawyer and a teacher.

Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist. 

I often get asked, why would someone so successful, someone so rich, spend time on Tapology forums. 

Tapology is my Philanthropy. Where I try to educate and uplift impoverished and uneducated people like MMAPARLAY69, Notmisery and Crimson.

I am a Saint.

* Edited at 11.02.2023, 4:03 PM ET *

MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  380  |  82.1%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

11.02.2023 | 4:04 PM ET

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 4564th

Haha I come on this page and deli boy talking about me right away 😂 I think he’s obsessed with me and my 84% pick ratio. All good though I’ll take a ham and cheese sandwhich.. now!
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, and 48 minutes from now.
DdogMMA
DdogMMA
  • Predictions:  1,615  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  165
  • Post Score: 139

11.02.2023 | 4:23 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 284th

Almeida vs. Lewis
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
I picked Lewis in his last fight but I have to pick Almeida here. One takedown and it's probably over for Lewis. I'm rooting for Lewis to pull of the upset in Brazil though because that would be awesome to see. I think Almeida will go for the takedown instantly so he doesn't have to worry about that power.

Bonfim vs. Dalby
Gabriel Bonfim, SUB, R1
Dalby is a dog but Bonfim will snatch his neck in just a couple of minutes. Quick fight to boost up Bonfim.

Nascimento vs. Mayes
Rodrigo Nascimento, DEC
Mayes sucks so bad and I'll never pick him to win a fight again in the UFC. Beating a washed Arlovski doesn't count. Rodrigo is decent and should beat him up easily here.

Borralho vs. Magomedov
Caio Borralho, SUB, R2
Magomedov will gas out and Borralho will sub him. Magomedov is super dangerous round 1 though.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Armen Petrosyan, TKO, R3
Petrosyan finishes Vieira when Rodolfo gasses out or Rodolfo subs him in R1. No in between. Rodolfo has trash striking though so I'll take Armen to piece him up.

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, TKO, R1
Bonfim finishes him quick and early. I see what the UFC is doing here but come on lol. Prime Pichel gives him a problem but not now.

Brener vs. Kruschewsky
Elves Brener, TKO, R2
I was picking Brener to beat Ribovics. I'm picking him to beat Kruschewsky pretty easily here. Brener finished Guram and he will finish him too.

Zaleski vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, DEC
Wrestle heavy decision from Rinat as he wins 30-27. Zaleski can make things close if he can keep this standing but I don't think he will be able to.

Marcos vs. Hugo
Daniel Marcos, DEC
Marcos will stuff all of the takedowns from Hugo and win a decision by just throwing tons of volume at Hugo. Whether you thought Grant beat Marcos or not, it was close and Marcos always looks good.

Petrino vs. Bukauskas
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R1
I've never been high on Modestas at all. Very hittable and doesn't do anything overly impressive. I think Petrino can get him out of there with a huge shot early.

Hill vs. Gomes
Angela Hill, DEC
Hill is a vet that has faced the best of the best and Gomes has power but nothing else besides that. I think Gomes will win round 1 and then Hill will win the next two.

Conejo Ruiz vs. Moura
Eduarda Moura, SUB, R1
One takedown and it's over. Ruiz being in the UFC still is crazy to me.

Fernandes vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Marc has the experience and can implement his wrestling to stay safe here. Marc also has great striking too seeing he started off as a kickboxer. Fernandes seems like a decent prospect but he's not getting past the Bonecrusher.

Rah123
Rah123

11.02.2023 | 4:35 PM ET

84% pick rate 😅🤣😅🤣😂🤣😅🤣😂🤣🤣😅

That's the best thing I have heard this year.

You need your own Comedy Special (because you are Special)

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,052
  • Post Score: 137

11.02.2023 | 5:31 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1603rd

Almeida vs. Lewis
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
I've already seen Almeida easily submit a heavyweight that's very similar to Lewis and I've also already seen a grappler who's not as good as Almeida drag Lewis to the ground and choke him out. Not a spot to try and be contrarian IMO.

Bonfim vs. Dalby
Gabriel Bonfim, SUB, R2
Dalby will do his ninja bounce for a round. Once he starts sucking wind in round 2 he will end up on the ground and not get back up. Gabe Bonfim is another one where the striking is starting to catch up to the other skills. It's going to start getting hard to ignore mentioning him amongst the other undefeated welterweights (Shavkhat, Garry, Morales).

Nascimento vs. Mayes
Rodrigo Nascimento, DEC
Why?

Borralho vs. Magomedov
Caio Borralho, SUB, R3
Borralho might not be the most entertaining fighter but he's scary good. If he starts stringing together more finishes it's only a matter of time before he's amongst the top of the division at MW. I think Abus is an above average MW but I don't see him putting Caio away early, which IMO is his only path to victory.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Armen Petrosyan, TKO, R3
Full disclosure: this is a hard fight for me to call objectively because I've never thought Vieira was very good while I've always thought Petrosyan was really good for a guy that doesn't have a ton of fights. I'm not gonna try to overthink this one. I think Vieira will have some success with his takedowns but will struggle to find the sub. I think there's a good chance he gases himself out and gets caught in the 3rd round. Petrosyan is due for a finish and a standout performance IMO. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I will never be able to unsee Vieira going life or death with Cody Brundage. In contrast, I really liked what I saw from Petrosyan in his last fight against CLD, who is a really good fighter that just needs more experience (very similar to Petrosyan).

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, DEC
Pichel a tough night at the office even with his age and coming off the layoff. He can really wrestle but I see Bonfim taking a close decision here after Pichel falls off a cliff in the 3rd round. Bonfim will be in a lot of close fights in the UFC because he's a true LW and will look under sized against a lot of guys, especially good grapplers. But he's got more than enough skill and experience to win here and Pichel was already starting to look his age a bit in his last fight. I really don't see Pichel being able to go 3 good rounds with someone like Bonfim.

Brener vs. Kruschewsky
Elves Brener, TKO, R3
Kaynan going to make a good showing of himself but I think Brenner stays on a role here. This guy is just super fun to watch. He's going to have to stop relying on going zombie mode at some point but hard to tell that to a chute box guy. I think it's going to be really tough for Kaynan to beat someone like Brener who's on a roll and likely coming into this fight with a ton of confidence.

Zaleski vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, SUB, R2
Rinat is an absolute killer. Going to be hard to get this guy fights soon. Zaleski a solid test but I see Rinat having no issue here. His wrestling was already absurd and his striking is starting to catch up.

Marcos vs. Hugo
Daniel Marcos, DEC
Crazy underrated fight. This is another good test for Marcos that I think he will pass. I liked what I saw when watching tape of Hugo but this is a really tough task for your UFC debut.

Petrino vs. Bukauskas
Vitor Petrino, DEC
Petrino is a ******* tank and Bukauskas is just so underwhelming to me despite being a pretty solid fighter. I think Petrino will be ranked in no time. He gets better and better every fight and is showing more and more that he's really well rounded on top of being really tough and genuinely hard to put away.

Hill vs. Gomes
Denise Gomes, DEC
Dee Gomes made me a believer in her last 2 fights but Hill is super hard to put away. If Gomes mixes things up she will win a decision here. Tough fight to call cause you can't count Hill out against a lot of the roster but I think Gomes continues her rise here with a few nicely mixed in takedowns.

Conejo Ruiz vs. Moura
Eduarda Moura, SUB, R1
Moura debuted at bantamweight and is at minimum a flyweight where as Ruiz would be an atomweight if the division existed. Murder.

Fernandes vs. Diakiese
Marc Diakiese, DEC
Vet performance from Diakiese. I see him as being too well rounded for such a green rookie, but Kaue does have a lot of skill. Not a ton of confidence here to be honest but Diakiese should get this done with his wrestling.

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,071  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,052
  • Post Score: 137

11.02.2023 | 5:32 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1603rd

I've got 5 subs but wont be surprised if there's as many as 7 or 8, which seems extremely appropriate for a Brazil card. 
*****_swaggins
*****_swaggins
  • Predictions:  213  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  307
  • Post Score: 79

11.02.2023 | 5:48 PM ET

The Power Of Hasbulla

Predictions: 4 of 6 Winners, 0 Perfect, 215 Points   |   Tied for 4233rd

@Rah123 
I called upon him and he answered. Bismallah braddah
MMAparlay69
MMAparlay69
  • Predictions:  380  |  82.1%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: -18

11.02.2023 | 5:56 PM ET

@Deliboy

Predictions: 2 of 3 Winners, 0 Perfect, 100 Points   |   Tied for 4564th

Love how you respond to Deliboy hahaha tool.. anyway maybe one day I’ll give you my bets and we can get you out of the basement.. but don’t count on it because the world needs broke bums like you. Now hurry up with that sandwich!
This user is suspended from posting until 8 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, and 48 minutes from now.
Krakatazo
Krakatazo
  • Predictions:  402  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  40
  • Post Score: 130

11.02.2023 | 5:57 PM ET

Trash or not trash?

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 340 Points   |   Tied for 3038th

If Armen loses, that means he is in the same category of fighters as Oskar Piechota, Saparbeg Safarov, Dustin Stolzfus, and Cody Brundage. 
Curtisd316
Curtisd316
  • Predictions:  590  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  75
  • Post Score: -3

11.02.2023 | 6:04 PM ET

Kruschewsky is definitely in play 9.42 strikes landed per minute and 100 percent takedown accuracy
ChiefDeN
ChiefDeN
  • Predictions:  2,860  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: -69

11.02.2023 | 6:18 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1739th

Bonfim vs. Dalby
Gabriel Bonfim, SUB, R1
Nicolas top 10 most boring fighter

Brener vs. Kruschewsky
Elves Brener, TKO, R1
Experience

Zaleski vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, TKO, R3
Gas tank

Marcos vs. Hugo
Daniel Marcos, DEC
Leg kick spammer

Petrino vs. Bukauskas
Vitor Petrino, SUB, R2
He better grapple tho

Fernandes vs. Diakiese
Kauê Fernandes, DEC
One. Last. Run. Sike.

Rah123
Rah123

11.02.2023 | 6:29 PM ET

Here's your sandwich 

🍞 💩 🍞 

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,412  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,530
  • Post Score: 128

11.02.2023 | 6:34 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 881st

I thought he was a bit of a fraud before the BSD fight. But I will admit the Bonfim brothers have done better than I thought they would.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

fightforecast
fightforecast
  • Predictions:  43  |  72.1%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 200

11.02.2023 | 7:00 PM ET

Fight Forecast: Predicting fights with Machine Learning (~76% acc on test/train sets)

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 515 Points   |   Tied for 219th

Making predictions using machine learning.
All picks are done using my model, the method/round is done by me.
I used to post this from a different account: https://www.tapology.com/profiles/biba , but i decided its better to make a dedicated account just for my model.

Only 2 picks differ from Tapology favorites: Hill and Vieira.

Happy to answer any questions regarding my model.
[FREE] Website with all my previous picks & automated bets: https://www.fightforecast.net/

* Edited at 11.02.2023, 7:01 PM ET *

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,020  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

11.02.2023 | 7:05 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2585th

We don't care about your machine made picks !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

fightforecast
fightforecast

11.02.2023 | 7:11 PM ET

@TARTARA 
Think you could use it though, looking at your recent pick record.
TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,020  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

11.02.2023 | 7:16 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2585th

I can see both of your picking percentages... and thats why  you are using the machine....   !

My picks and my percentage is by my own and im pretty good with my results with my three accounts...   !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

fightforecast
fightforecast

11.02.2023 | 7:28 PM ET

@TARTARA 
My pick rate has been great so far since using my model ~75%, so not sure what you are referring to. 

i've done 7 events so far with it, still too small a sample size which is why I didn't mention it. 

All in all, I dont really get the reason for your initial comment anyway, made something in my free time for fun, sharing it for free. So why the hate? 

PS. your UFC pick rate is lower than mine, 57% vs 61%

* Edited at 11.02.2023, 7:28 PM ET *

Page 27

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL MENA 1 Tapology coverage is now live
  • Islam Reda vs. Adam Meskini - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the PFL MENA 1 live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Islam Reda 90% Adam Meskini 10%
  • Islam "The Egyptian Zombie" Reda (10-1-0) EG is the #37th Pro Mens Lightweight in Middle East.
  • Adam Meskini (8-2-0) IDF, FR is the #48th Pro Mens Featherweight in Europe Western.
  • PFL MENA 1 features 10 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from The Green Halls in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia