Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Lewis

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,500
  • Post Score: 46

06.01.2023 | 10:08 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 11.04.2023 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Ibirapuera Gymnasium
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz, Michael Bisping
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • Attendance: 10,792
  • MMA Bouts: 10
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Jailton Almeida   defeats   Derrick Lewis   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Nicolas Dalby   defeats   Gabriel Bonfim   via KO/TKO, Clinch Knees to Ground Punches   4:33 Round 2 of 3, 9:33 Total Bout Page
Rodrigo Nascimento   defeats   Don'Tale Mayes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Caio Borralho   defeats   Abus Magomedov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elves Brener   defeats   Kaynan Kruschewsky   via KO/TKO, Overhand Left   4:01 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   vs.   Rinat Fakhretdinov   Ends in a Draw, Majority   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Vitor Petrino   defeats   Modestas Bukauskas   via KO/TKO, Check Hook   1:03 Round 2 of 3, 6:03 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Denise Gomes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Eduarda Moura   defeats   Montserrat Conejo Ruiz   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   2:14 Round 2 of 3, 7:14 Total Bout Page
Marc Diakiese   defeats   Kauê Fernandes   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 23

Ezbrees99
Ezbrees99
  • Predictions:  1,281  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: -69

11.01.2023 | 10:50 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 4 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1004th

Jealousy gets you nowhere. Be open minded and treat others with respect. Sign of a strong person.... and only the strong survive! 
Amettxpc
Amettxpc
  • Predictions:  13,016  |  73.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,266
  • Post Score: 189

11.01.2023 | 10:54 AM ET

Rah123

Predictions: 5 of 10 Winners, 0 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3977th

I agree in Elizeu Zaleski beign a bigger threat compared to the Prelims Phenom, but I think Rinat pressure is going to be so much for Zaleski, in the past Elizeu has drilled knees and thrown a lot of spinning kick which is synonymous with explosiveness and great cardio, but I think that Explosiveness is a thing of the past and with this Rinat will have fewer difficulties completing takedowns. Also, as @TheSnake101 says: Zaleski's best chance of winning is by decision and seeing him win 2 rounds against Rinat is an unlikely scenario.

"Moicano Wants Money!"

STOMPZ
STOMPZ
  • Predictions:  1,196  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  91
  • Post Score: 55

11.01.2023 | 11:38 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1603rd

The fight between Petrino and Bukauskas is closer than it seems, many see Petrino as a future star but he is not at all, he has no technique nor does he have hitting volume
STOMPZ
STOMPZ
  • Predictions:  1,196  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  91
  • Post Score: 55

11.01.2023 | 11:54 AM ET

Rodolfo and Petrosyan in the bets are equal, which is crazy, anyone who doesn't win money with Petrosyan is simply because they don't want to, Rodolfo is terrible in the stand-up fight, and his takedowns are bad, very bjj, they don't compare. to the Caio boralho, not that Petrosyan is so stupid to fall into Rodolfo's grip and I see him hitting and preparing him for the tko easy money for Petrosyan
Ezbrees99
Ezbrees99

11.01.2023 | 12:12 PM ET

UFC Sao Paolo PROMO!

Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,902  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,013
  • Post Score: 208

11.01.2023 | 12:29 PM ET

I hear you, but I can't back a guy with less than 40% TDD rate vs an elite BJJ guy who spams takedowns. Fight's a clear pass for me.
jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  587  |  72.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,004
  • Post Score: 146

11.01.2023 | 12:31 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 2171st

@STOMPZ 
 Petrosyan has improved so much too. Unlucky for running into Borralho so soon

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

Mothswords
Mothswords
  • Predictions:  2,588  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,389
  • Post Score: 149

11.01.2023 | 12:51 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 420 Points   |   Tied for 1574th

I'm feelin a 7-6 record on this card
Ezbrees99
Ezbrees99

11.01.2023 | 1:11 PM ET

🤜💥Is Angela Over The Hill?

Kniferusty
Kniferusty
  • Predictions:  742  |  77.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,210
  • Post Score: 186

11.01.2023 | 1:19 PM ET

Predictions: 3 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 165 Points   |   Tied for 4431st

Gabriel Bonfim
Submission Round 1

Nicolas Dalby has developed a style that is predicated on being safe. He prefers to stay on the outside and dart in with classic martial art kicks on own his terms. When getting too close, he clinches up as a way to control for points, not to destroy his opponent. The counter to this style is too smother your opponent in the pocket so they can’t kick optimally - this just so happens to be what both Bonfim brothers do in all their fights anyways. Not to forget Dalby was knocked down 3 fights in a row (1st UFC run) & was legit dropped cold by Jesse Ronson, so Gabriel could put him out too as he hits so darn hard.  I think Dalby will be uncomfortable on the back foot & in the pocket for too long - I say he either gets dropped & subbed, or he initiates a clinch and pays the price and gets taken down & subbed. He was after all taken down by Tim Means & an aged Claudio Silva with ease

Ismael Bonfim
TKO Round 3

Even though BSD eventually got the RNC against him, he did manage to build back up to his feet & escape two TDs & successfully defend against many others. This gives me confidence his TDD/getups will suffice against Vinc. Pichel has nice mid combo stance switches & excellent footwork, but I feel the constant forward pressure, high in your face volume & advanced counter striking of Bonfim will be too much for the aged Pichel & will find a late round finish

Eduarda Moura
TKO Round 1

I’ve watched Montserrat go for that head & arm throw, wanting a scarf hold in multiple fights pre UFC, confirming that it was not just a game plan against Cheyanne but a main strategy of hers. This is too basic & it showed when Ruiz had no answer for the grappling of Amorim. Now she’s fighting a woman who is 6 inches taller, has a 6 inch reach advantage, is absolutely strong at 115 lbs. & is effectively Jailton Almeida’s pupil? Rewatch her Contender Series fight & witness beautifully strategic top position advances, one after another. This woman will probably be the Jailton of the women’s SW division & I am excited to see her climb up the ladder

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 1:19 PM ET *

"All my picks are backed by some type of real money wager. When I bet the house - I now have two houses"

TheNeet
TheNeet
  • Predictions:  135  |  66.7%
  • Forum Posts:  41
  • Post Score: 266

11.01.2023 | 1:24 PM ET

Rah123

Predictions: 1 of 1 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4631st

@Rah123 

I actually run on Solar Power rather than a wall plug.🤖

Also, Bonfim likes to start really fast and pushes a heavy pace. Let's see what happens if he doesn't finish Dalby in the first. 

"It is what it is."

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,475  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,656
  • Post Score: 89

11.01.2023 | 1:44 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 1004th

@stompz your comparison to how Caio got petrosyan down & how viera doesn’t have the same takedowns is completely false. Caio is a better wrestler but he was easily taking Armen down with double legs. Double leg is literally the only move in viera’s arsenal & while he is limited, his blast double is really good. He can absolutely get Armen down with the same exact takedown

I see everyone saying Armen has improved. Okay, but where has he improved? He’s always been a good striker so not sure what improvements he’s made there & he still gets taken down every fight so again, what improvements has he made in the wrestling? Viera may be bad at mma but he is 1000x the grappler compared to anyone Armen has fought thus far. If viera gets a takedown, I can almost guarantee the fight is over 

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 1:45 PM ET *

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Thesnake101
Thesnake101
  • Predictions:  14,902  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,013
  • Post Score: 208

11.01.2023 | 2:23 PM ET

@AyyLmaonnaise 
 he's shown amazing improvements against the likes of AJ Dobson and Duncan, guys who, as you know, are the cream of the crop when it comes to wrestling and grappling innthe MW division.
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,749
  • Post Score: 127

11.01.2023 | 2:25 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 10 Winners, 3 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 881st

This card is cursed for me. Can't find many entries. I then bet Lucas Alexander and the fight falls through, I bet Ribovics, fight falls through.
Might just be a skip week for me and rally for next week.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2023 | 2:32 PM ET

@thesnake ah yes, how could I forget his close grappling match with esteemed grappler Christian Leroy Duncan? 

Or when he fought elite d1 standout aj Dobson

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 2:33 PM ET *

JJ MMA
JJ MMA
  • Predictions:  1,167  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  52
  • Post Score: 73

11.01.2023 | 3:14 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 355 Points   |   Tied for 2766th

Almeida vs. Lewis
Jailton Almeida, SUB, R1
RNC

Bonfim vs. Dalby
Gabriel Bonfim, SUB, R1
Guillotine

Nascimento vs. Mayes
Rodrigo Nascimento, SUB, R2
RNC

Borralho vs. Magomedov
Caio Borralho, SUB, R3
RNC

"Lrz 4800 / | \"

KelpyG
KelpyG
  • Predictions:  67  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -67

11.01.2023 | 5:27 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 3828th

Almeida vs. Lewis
Derrick Lewis, TKO, R1
There's two ways this goes. Alemida dominates the ground game and works ground and pound, OR Derrick Lewis wins by ********. Give me Lewis by some ********.

Bonfim vs. Dalby
Gabriel Bonfim, SUB, R2
Not much to talk about, Dalby can last one round and will, but Bonfim submits him second round.

Nascimento vs. Mayes
Don'Tale Mayes, TKO, R2
Rodrgio hasn't done anything that impresses me within the last 2 years, his last two mins off split decision. Don'tale has the power and will be our only chance to make this fight exciting.

Borralho vs. Magomedov
Caio Borralho, TKO, R2
Rule #1 - never go against the guy with a neck tat. Abus lost most of his credibility with me when he gets finished by pillow hands Sean Strickland (and Sean is one of my favorite fighters). Borralho 2nd round ground and pound.

Vieira vs. Petrosyan
Rodolfo Vieira, SUB, R3
There's only two potential outcomes here. 1. Vieira submits Petrosyan, 2. Petrosyan brings out the inner decision-bender within him. I like fun fights so I'll ride with Vieira Submission.

Bonfim vs. Pichel
Ismael Bonfim, DEC
Ismael via Pichael ring rust. potentially the snoozefest of the main card.

Brener vs. Kruschewsky
Elves Brener, SUB, R1
Elves hasn't had the chance to show off his grappling skills in the UFC much, but you will know by the end of this fight he isn't to be messed with on the ground.

Marcos vs. Hugo
Victor Hugo, DEC
Be careful with your bets on this fight, Hugo has some good value at +200. I think this fight is closer to a tossup than what the odds show, I'm taking Hugo by decision.

Zaleski vs. Fakhretdinov
Rinat Fakhretdinov, DEC
Rinat and Zaleski are respectable fighters that have earned their spots respectively. Rinat just has a better feel to me as of now.

Petrino vs. Bukauskas
Vitor Petrino, TKO, R2
Vitor has hands.

Hill vs. Gomes
Denise Gomes, DEC
Gomes might be the lock of the night in my eyes. Taking on a aging Angela Hill who literally has a losing record in the UFC.

Conejo Ruiz vs. Moura
Eduarda Moura, SUB, R2
Nothing to discuss here, Moura is simply the better fighter.

Fernandes vs. Diakiese
Kauê Fernandes, SUB, R1
Avoid betting on this unless you know something I don't. Kauê just gives me a vibe he will be a fun new prospect within the UFC.

"I'm coming on yo ass, I'm coming for that ass, pause" - Aljo

Dstone
Dstone
  • Predictions:  470  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  175
  • Post Score: 70

11.01.2023 | 5:34 PM ET

Thank god rah is in the tapology detention 🙏

Predictions: 6 of 9 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 2585th

My picks ,  want rah to find his inner hindy street vendor rage as he is robbed of two snicker bars by a nine year old kid , its obvious he is over weight as he is talking about his testosterone levels in a thread about an mma event just needed to put this out 

Main - Almeida 
Co-Main - Bonfim 
Mayes
Petrosyan the decision
Borralho
Bonfim the dwarf
Elves by bleached hair if its not its a loss
Hugo by flying heel hook
Rinat 
Vitor 
Denise the trucker
Moura
Diakiese if not cut him and dont give him a sam alvey losing run again shouldve been cut way back in the day

"ZAZAAAAA"

danromanick
danromanick
  • Predictions:  1,860  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,931
  • Post Score: 92

11.01.2023 | 6:52 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 3242nd

There's a lot of BJJ guys on this card. Not saying the Brazilians that are elite grapplers on this card can't strike, but most of them would lose a fight against a high-level kickboxer w/ a competent ground game 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

11.01.2023 | 7:18 PM ET

I don’t think petrosyan’s ground game is that good tho. I think he’s being overrated for surviving on the ground with Caio. Caio is a phenomenal grappler but his finishing instincts are horrible. All he did that fight was take the back and ride out control. Armen was able to get a reversal but I think that was more Caio making a mistake than Armen being a wizard on the mat (muradov was also able to reverse him a few times & he is also a striker) 

Also a competent ground game isn’t enough to deal with viera on the ground. I keep saying it but just because he’s a mediocre mma fighter doesn’t mean that his grappling isn’t still amazing. If he gets the fight to the ground he will dominate 

* Edited at 11.01.2023, 7:19 PM ET *

Page 23

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Kamaru Usman Fires Back At Conor McGregor For Calling Him ‘Bum’, Demands Respect From ‘Notorious’
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Gordon Ryan And John Danaher Rolling Together
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor addresses comments toward Sean O'Malley: 'He kind of got caught in the crosshairs'
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Gegard Mousasi, Paige VanZant and Elle Brooke faceoff, Dakota Ditcheva in studio, Frank Warren, Lerone Murphy, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : Colombia's Javier Reyes feels close to reaching UFC dream: 'I'm more than ready to kill it'
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Taps Holloway Next, Then McGregor At Bernabeu
  • MMA Mania : Conor Claims No More Verbal Mac Attacks!
  • MMA Junkie : 'I'll do three this year': Conor McGregor wants active schedule after UFC 303 return
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Ilia Topuria targets Max Holloway in September before ‘biggest fight in MMA history’ vs. Conor McGregor
  • Jits Magazine : The History And Significance Of The ADCC Submission Fighting World Championship
  • UFC.com : UFC Announces Multi-Year Partnership With PCYC NSW
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘King’ Of The Jungle?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Put That Whiskey Bottle Down!’ Usman Fires Back At McGregor
  • Middle Easy : Ben Askren Claims Conor McGregor’s ‘Jealous’ Of UFC Rival Khabib: ‘No Money Can Make Up For That’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Be Upset!’ Topuria ‘Too Short’ To Headline Over O’Malley
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 21: Patchy Mix, Lerone Murphy move up
  • MMA Junkie : Anthony Smith: Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier 'much closer than a lot of people are giving it credit for'
  • MMA Mania : MMA Prospect Watch: Meet ‘The Punjabi Prince’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor is ‘Cold in the Soul’ for Michael Chandler, Plans to Fight Three Times in 2024
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Curtis Blaydes On Tom Aspinall, Alex Pereira, Was Ciryl Gane A Go For UFC 304?