Topic: UFC 293

UFC 293: Adesanya vs. Strickland

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,451
  • Post Score: 47

05.17.2023 | 7:17 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 293
  • Saturday 09.09.2023 at 06:30 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ESPN
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: Qudos Bank Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Laura Sanko, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $6,860,000
  • Attendance: 18,168
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Sean Strickland   defeats   Israel Adesanya   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via Submission, Ezekiel Choke   4:37 Round 2 of 3, 9:37 Total Bout Page
Manel Kape   defeats   Felipe dos Santos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Justin Tafa   defeats   Austen Lane   via KO/TKO, Left Hook to Ground Punches   1:22 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tyson Pedro   defeats   Anton Turkalj   via KO/TKO, Jab and Cross to Hammerfist   2:12 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Carlos Ulberg   defeats   Da Un Jung   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:49 Round 3 of 3, 14:49 Total Bout Page
Chepe Mariscal   defeats   Jack Jenkins   via KO/TKO, Verbal Tapout From Arm Injury   3:19 Round 2 of 3, 8:19 Total Bout Page
Jamie Mullarkey   defeats   John Makdessi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nasrat Haqparast   defeats   Landon Quiñones   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charles Radtke   defeats   Mike Mathetha   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Gabriel Miranda   defeats   Shane Young   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   0:59 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kevin Jousset   defeats   Kiefer Crosbie   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:49 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 19

VISION QUEST
VISION QUEST
  • Predictions:  3,074  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 150

09.06.2023 | 5:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 505 Points   |   Tied for 2882nd

Kape vs. dos Santos
Manel Kape, TKO, R2
U BBL

BANJOSANDWITCH
BANJOSANDWITCH
  • Predictions:  3,934  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  45
  • Post Score: -100

09.06.2023 | 6:27 AM ET

watch along here

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 458th

"never had a silver medal it has always been beskar or nothing GOAT STATUS ACTIVE"

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 163

09.06.2023 | 6:41 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

@Rah123 
lol Spann was a close fight I had him via decision but that Edwards fight was crazy 30-27 x2 was like nah ain't no way!  
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,599
  • Post Score: 261

09.06.2023 | 6:47 AM ET

Griffo

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 898th

If you going to lay and prey and you lose like Edwards did, I don’t care if you lose because your boring, I want to see fighter take advantage of position better and not stall out position 

Also, Edwards won the exact same decsion agaist Pudilova, she lost on control but won on damage 

* Edited at 09.06.2023, 6:49 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

CrimsonChinGuru
CrimsonChinGuru
  • Predictions:  3,191  |  64.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10,662
  • Post Score: 107

09.06.2023 | 6:50 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1694th

@Rah123 

How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not as poor as you. I don't gamble.

Shane Young is simply just trash imo, not rocket science 

* Edited at 09.06.2023, 6:51 AM ET *

"They killed Jesus for speaking the truth..."

Griffo420
Griffo420
  • Predictions:  482  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 163

09.06.2023 | 7:53 AM ET

Duck

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 6 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

No doubt it was boring, just damage and strikes there wasn't much of anything from either whilst having all the control time and doing minimal with it, for me that was the only difference in each round and its one of them where if you hold someone down its up to the other fighter to escape the position instead of losing the minutes as they tick along
Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,305  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,690
  • Post Score: -56

09.06.2023 | 9:03 AM ET

Crimson

It's ok man. You don't have to pretend. No need to deny. You can get help. I'm here for you.

There is an empty shed in the back yard. You can move in any time. No toilet facilities, but there is a large bush just there. You're used to squatting so should be easy for you

"Positivity is a positive"

GAROVAL23
GAROVAL23
  • Predictions:  1,002  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 77

09.06.2023 | 9:15 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 353rd

Bad event to bet, the only interesting odds that i see are from Chepe Mariscal, people continue picking bases on records but styles make fights. Chepe is better grappler and more strong man, he have more loses but he fight top fighters all of his carrier, all his loses are vs UFC fighters. I think Chepe took a UD here.

The only other value bet that i see is Ulberg win and U2.5 rounds + Adesanya Win.

The other fights are very unpredictables. 
TheCaliGrizzly
TheCaliGrizzly
  • Predictions:  1,585  |  52.0%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 117

09.06.2023 | 9:42 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 4898th

Adesanya vs. Strickland
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R1
C'mon now let's be real Sean is a pure stand-up fighter his style is very aggressive that's the exact style Izzy loves perfect counter fighter Sean's getting washed

Tuivasa vs. Volkov
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
I think Bam Bam breaks his losing skid it's his home country he's had some personal time he's been training, he's ready to put on a show

Tafa vs. Lane
Justin Tafa, TKO, R1
Now that's feeding the lamb to the slaughter Austen can fight but Bad Man has bad intentions he's not gonna waste no time

Pedro vs. Turkalj
Tyson Pedro, DEC
Tyson needs this win he's on a 2 fight skid he's gotta comeback and get this dub I believe he does in a long 15mins

Ulberg vs. Jung
Carlos Ulberg, TKO, R2
Carlos needs to be smart that animal rush when senses the end hold off on it jung is super dangerous and he has KO power, pick your shots wait for the moment capitalize!!!

Mathetha vs. Radtke
Mike Mathetha, DEC
Blood diamond 💎 you gotta enjoy the fight don't stress the lights get in the zone and handle your business

Jousset vs. Crosbie
Kiefer Crosbie, TKO, R2
Crosbie, it's been a min I'm Looking forward to seeing this fight he's got potential

"Hardwork, Motivation, Dedication are the keys to success "

TheWormLumbriga
TheWormLumbriga
  • Predictions:  1,586  |  77.7%
  • Forum Posts:  34
  • Post Score: 150

09.06.2023 | 10:05 AM ET

CHAMA

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2251st

Adesanya vs Strickland :  Adesanya by late knockout or decision

Volkov vs Bam Bam :  Volkov is at his best and will seek the knockout

Kape vs Lipe chuteboxe :  There are levels,Lipe is very young the guy has stamina can withstand a beating or be knocked out

Tafa vs Lane : I like Tafa's punches, lane is kind of messed up, Tafa by ko

Tyson vs Turkaj :  Pedro needs a quick knockout, Turkaj survives the first round and dominates the rest of the fight Turkaj Dec

Ulberg vs Da Un Jung :  ulberg is far superior, bad day for South Korea Ulberg by Tko

Jenkins vs Mariscal :  Good fight and fun, Jenkins is a little superior in all everywhere Jnekins Dec

Mularkey vs Makdessi :  Makdessi is already 38 years old and is much smaller, mularkey is not a reliable type of guy but takes this victory to the Australian fans.

* Edited at 09.06.2023, 10:30 AM ET *

"Brazilian amateur fighter 0-0"

Ledecompte
Ledecompte
  • Predictions:  804  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 35

09.06.2023 | 10:11 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 5 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 85th

Adesanya vs. Strickland
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R2
There's a lot of things to take account of looking at this fight, lots of variabl- Izzy by Murder. At Least Sean wins the Press Conference via "Here's the thing guys".

Tuivasa vs. Volkov
Alexander Volkov, TKO, R1
One of them sparks the other, my Moneys on Volkov due to the overwhelming reach advantage, although the Tai fan in me would love to see him get it done.

Kape vs. dos Santos
Manel Kape, TKO, R2
Kape is a ****** beast, props to Dos Santos for taking this fight but i'm expecting a baptism by fire regardless.

Pedro vs. Turkalj
Tyson Pedro, TKO, R1
Pedro looked meh in his last fight against Mody B, still think he takes this one though

Ulberg vs. Jung
Carlos Ulberg, TKO, R1
We used to have the Korean Zombie. Now we have the Korean Cannon Fodder. RIP Da Un Jung

Mathetha vs. Radtke
Charlie Radtke, SUB, R1
1 Year is not long enough to train to learn to wrestle at this level. Unless Blood Diamond lands a Lucky punch i'm predicting Radtke by Sub

"Better to burn out than to fade away"

Parlay Boss
Parlay Boss
  • Predictions:  123  |  69.9%
  • Forum Posts:  181
  • Post Score: -3

09.06.2023 | 10:25 AM ET

I can't wait to hear "And New"

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 1323rd

I am not denying Adesanya's fighting skills, but I hate his personality and everything he says and does.

I am praying to the MMA Gods that Strickland gets the job done 👊

"You are an infection. You are the definition of weakness. Everything that is wrong with the world is because of ******* you." - Strickland

thashadowrealm
thashadowrealm
  • Predictions:  312  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 253

09.06.2023 | 10:57 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 11 Winners, 3 Perfect, 580 Points   |   Tied for 1453rd

Adesanya vs. Strickland
Israel Adesanya, TKO, R3
Bad matchup for Strickland IMO. Pre-Fight Press Conference should be entertaining though.

Tuivasa vs. Volkov
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Tai is coming off two losses, but I think his small hiatus from the cage should help. He obviously has great power. Not to mention, that the fight takes place in his backyard and he doesn't have to carry the stress of being a betting favorite. Don't blink.

Kape vs. dos Santos
Manel Kape, TKO, R2
Favorable matchup to boost Kape's stock for a future title run.

Mathetha vs. Radtke
Charlie Radtke, SUB
Blood Diamond being on CKB is IMO one of his only UFC selling points. I think he just has too many holes in his MMA game to be successful at this level.

"My eye was already **** from my last fight, and anyway you sneeze on me, I bleed."

Kkkomboo
Kkkomboo
  • Predictions:  754  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  613
  • Post Score: 125

09.06.2023 | 11:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 9 Winners, 3 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 4898th

Adesanya vs. Strickland
Israel Adesanya, DEC
Ez decision If Sean could survive from leg kicks. But I'm not sure Sean's legs can take so many damage

Tuivasa vs. Volkov
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
Tuivasa in fight vs Gane empress me much more then Volkov in fight vs Gane. Honestly Volkov doesn't empress me for a last few years

Kape vs. dos Santos
Manel Kape, TKO, R3
Fight of the night

"It's never too late to develop your critical thinking capacities"

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,259  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

09.06.2023 | 12:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 675 Points   |   Tied for 231st

Haqparast vs. Quiñones
Nasrat Haqparast, TKO, R2
Nasrat is looking live for a finish to me against someone not used to this level of competiton

"Too much wine "

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,599
  • Post Score: 261

09.06.2023 | 12:45 PM ET

Griffor420

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 898th

Your not wrong, It just when nothing happen with control, I’m ok with the controling fighter losing as a punishment for not doing more, I want fighter to do actully good grappling and not stall out fight, and punishing fighter will push fighter to be more fun 

* Edited at 09.06.2023, 1:11 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  991  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  118
  • Post Score: 21

09.06.2023 | 2:01 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 533rd

Adesanya vs. Strickland
Sean Strickland, DEC
I GOT A FEELING BRO, TRUST.

Tuivasa vs. Volkov
Alexander Volkov, TKO, R3
Swolekov late rounds.

Kape vs. dos Santos
Manel Kape, TKO, R1
Kape R1 KO, if he loses... someone might throw himself off a skysc****r (you know who you are),

Tafa vs. Lane
Austen Lane, TKO, R1
When these guys clash, anything can happen. So why not go the underdog and pretend to be smart?

Pedro vs. Turkalj
Anton Turkalj, DEC
Pedro has not impressed me, THE PLEASURE MAN TOOK JAILTON AND PETRINO TO A DECISION. This man is gonna get his dub.

Ulberg vs. Jung
Carlos Ulberg, TKO, R1
From KOing Nzechukwu through the guard to probably being on a three fight loss streak after this weekend. :pain:

Jenkins vs. Mariscal
Chepe Mariscal, TKO, R3
Call me crazy, I get Trevor "BIG BAWMBS" Peek isn't at all technical (far from it) but Mariscal was landing COMBOS on him, I like him as an underdog.

Mullarkey vs. Makdessi
Jamie Mullarkey, DEC
Coming back so soon after the Naimov loss has be concerned, if Makdessi wasn't 38 I may have gone for him as an underdog. Mullarkey should be long and physically strong enough to edge out a decision.

Haqparast vs. Quiñones
Nasrat Haqparast, DEC
Nasrat has beat more durable fighters, more dangerous punchers, only really lost to the top 15 level competition which I don't believe Landon is at the level of.

Mathetha vs. Radtke
Charlie Radtke, SUB, R1
Just because Mathetha trained with Volk, doesn't mean he will fight like him. Otherwise the Crochet boss would be a the MMA GOAT.

Young vs. Miranda
Gabriel Miranda, SUB, R1
I mean... just look at that stache.

Jousset vs. Crosbie
Kevin Jousset, DEC
The french are on fire (I don't know a thing about either fighter).

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,374  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,173
  • Post Score: 135

09.06.2023 | 2:22 PM ET

@PickingMyNose 

Ha... The Pleasure Man absolutely did not take Jailton Almeida to a decision.  I slammed 5u on Almeida Round 1 for +110 last year.  I know for a fact he got subbed out in the last minute of Round 1.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

PickingMyNose
PickingMyNose
  • Predictions:  991  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  118
  • Post Score: 21

09.06.2023 | 2:24 PM ET

this post can't stop me because i can't read

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 533rd

@theproishiphop 
I picked Strickland, I am not looking **** up for this card, lol.

"Why they allow makeup in beauty contest but not steroids in contest of strength?"

NICKDIAZARMY209
NICKDIAZARMY209
  • Predictions:  4,677  |  70.8%
  • Forum Posts:  977
  • Post Score: 117

09.06.2023 | 2:32 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 4 Perfect, 665 Points   |   Tied for 280th

On paper it looks like the main event could be interesting but in all reality I think it's going to be a boring Adesanya decision just outpointing Strickland the whole fight. I hope not tho I would love to see Strickland walking him down and creating a brawl but it just isn't going to happen Adesanya is on another level when it comes to striking.

"Diaz 1,2 & 5"

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Stamp Fairtex out of June fight, U.S. card after serious knee injury
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Baton Rouge Open 2024 Features Several Top Competitors
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Armed Police Disrupt ‘Suga’ Show
  • MMA Junkie : Kamaru Usman: Belal Muhammad not a 'high-enough level of a wrestler' to beat Leon Edwards at UFC 304
  • MMA Mania : Silva-Sonnen 3 Proposed As MMA, But Sonnen Targeting ‘Gamebred’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: Arman Tsarukyan passing up title shot 'right call from him'
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Reveals October Boxing Clash with Jorge Masvidal in the Works
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 304 adds Oban Elliott vs. Preston Parsons
  • MMA Mania : ‘That’s The Fight!’ Edwards And McGregor Share Mutual Interest
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC Saudi Arabia adds several bouts for Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev card
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Addresses His Comments on Sean O’Malley, Goes Off on Ilia Topuria, and Targets Leon Edwards in Wild Livestream
  • MMA Junkie : Tyron Woodley plans on MMA return, blames 'wack' UFC Apex for recent performances
  • Middle Easy : Demetrious Johnson Not Interested in Usyk vs. Fury Rematch, Urges ‘The Cat’ to Retire: ‘There’s Nothing Left He Can Prove’
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall: ‘Next Fight After Blaydes Has To Be For Undisputed Title’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley reveals crazy story after fake police call: ‘They said I killed my parents’
  • Middle Easy : Tom Aspinall Hopes to See Oleksandr Usyk and Tyson Fury Run It Back, Will ‘Wait Out’ for Jon Jones After Blaydes Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor rips UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a retarded Artem Lobov’
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor trashes UFC champ Ilia Topuria: ‘He reminds me of a little r*tard Artem Lobov’
  • MMA Mania : McGregor ‘Ecstatic And Delighted’ By Khabib’s Unpaid Taxes Report
  • MMA Junkie : DraftKings Promo Code | Make a $1.5K No Sweat Bet on NHL Game 7, Monday Night MLB