Topic: UFC 276

UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,323
  • Post Score: 47

03.13.2022 | 11:23 AM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 276
  • Saturday 07.02.2022 at 06:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: ABC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $10,409,553
  • Attendance: 19,649
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: N/A | TV Ratings: 929,000 avg. viewers (ABC prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Israel Adesanya   defeats   Jared Cannonier   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alexander Volkanovski   defeats   Max Holloway   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alex Pereira   defeats   Sean Strickland   via KO/TKO, Left Hook   2:36 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Bryan Barberena   defeats   Robbie Lawler   via KO/TKO, Punches (standing TKO)   4:47 Round 2 of 3, 9:47 Total Bout Page
Pedro Munhoz   vs.   Sean O'Malley   Ends in a No Contest, Eye Poke   3:09 Round 2 of 3, 8:09 Total Bout Page
Jalin Turner   defeats   Brad Riddell   via Submission, Mounted Guillotine Choke   0:45 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Jim Miller   defeats   Donald Cerrone   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   1:32 Round 2 of 3, 6:32 Total Bout Page
Ian Machado Garry   defeats   Gabe Green   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Dricus Du Plessis   defeats   Brad Tavares   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
André Muniz   defeats   Uriah Hall   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Maycee Barber   defeats   Jessica Eye   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Julija Stoliarenko   defeats   Jessica-Rose Clark   via Submission, Armbar   0:42 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 45

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,264  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,362
  • Post Score: 89

06.29.2022 | 1:09 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 4401st

No that’s true actually. I saw people earlier shutting on du plessis striking but I actually think it’s good. I mean the man had 33 wins in K-1 with 31 ko’s, he clearly knows what he’s doing and there’s a reason his nickname is stillknocks lol. Like bro ko’ed Robocop cmon now. For me it was just seeing Tavares get hit cleanly 3 times by Omari and each three times it had a pretty big reaction. Plus, he’s 35 now and not as active as he used to be so I think that could play a part. Du plessis could still lose this but idk; he’s really hungry after the 273 fight cancellations. Also, he spent time at Sanford for this camp so I think that will offer many improvements 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,050  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

06.29.2022 | 1:10 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 2861st

It's easy just to talk, but the rael challenge is to actual do it, and the numbers always tallying the truth... !Go ahead and Pick ⛏ Up Truck all the events on Tapology for 1-2 months... and then come back end tell me if it is more difficult or not... when your picking persentage will go down to 40-50%... ! It's much easier to make picks only UFC events, when you have all these material - stats - videos to study... ! And way too hard when in a 15-25-40 fights event and all the fighters is unknown to you... !

Example #1 :

www.tapology.com - Colosseum MMA: Battle of the Champions 29

0 of 45 Winners, 0 Perfect, 0 Points

only 30 members picked up this event... 

Example #2 :

www.tapology.com - ACA Young Eagles 27

18 of 25 Winners, 3 Perfect, 1120 Points

only 50 members picked up this event... 

It's very easy to playing the expert and only blah... blah... blah... and just to cherry picking some events here and there... !

Another example  :

Someone is always posting "predictions comments" blah... blah... but on his last UFC event had only 4 picks on the correct fighters... !

Don't believe everything you read on the threads... 
Go and check out who are the real pickers...
The real pickers they don't even post in the threads...
Go and check out all the active big belts who actual do all the hard picking... and how deficult it is... !

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,874  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 180

06.29.2022 | 1:13 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 887th

flyingfrontkick I agreed hundred per cent about Tavares.
Thanks everyone for the takes and breakdowns.
The social and informational side of discussion threads like these are a big part of why I'm here.

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

paulopasta
paulopasta

06.29.2022 | 1:20 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2480th

I think the reason people **** on Dricus for his striking was because it looked a little rough in the Giles fight before he slept him. I think he’s good but his KB background hasn’t shown through as much as I would’ve thought, KOing Soldic is easily his best win and shows his skill
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.29.2022 | 1:23 PM ET

I was actually shocked to see he has a striking defense of 68%. His striking is so weird cuz he leaves the chin exposed almost constantly yet it’s like he knows the opponent isn’t gonna swing. It’s ballsy, but I think he knows what hes doing

ShinobiTheNinja
ShinobiTheNinja
  • Predictions:  27  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  76
  • Post Score: 241

06.29.2022 | 1:24 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

Just a thought on the ongoing conversation. 

Perhaps in all our picks it's also important to consider some other outside factors.

This is obviously a showcase card and one of the best cards of the year. A lot of people will be watching. 

While it's not always accurate, it's also worth thinking, who does the UFC want to win? Who are they trying to showcase to the fans? And why in that case have they made these particular matches?

I can garauntee you, when it comes to a potential future superstar like O'Malley  they gave him a list of names and asked him to pick who he likes. So obviously he picked Munhoz for a reason. He thinks this is a good match up for him. Also another example, I am sure they offered anyone in the top 10 to Pereira and he picked the person least likely to wrestle. However Sean is crazy enough to upset that plan. 100%!

Also consider this is in front of a crowd, larger cage and I can almost certainly garauntee more finishes and less fights going to decision where the low life judges can do a robbery. Also more people watching said robbery who are likely to protest. 

* Edited at 06.29.2022, 1:25 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 1 week, 11 hours, and 52 minutes from now.
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.29.2022 | 1:25 PM ET

I couldn’t agree more on the first point. The ufc knew what they were doing in matching Sean vs munhoz. I want to believe Pedro can win but I know he’s not going to. 

nickytheeye
nickytheeye
  • Predictions:  3,937  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  48
  • Post Score: 288

06.29.2022 | 1:34 PM ET

Strickland..

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

..is almost certainly going to wrestle/grapple. Chris Curtis was saying interviews last week that Sean will wrestle and on twitter yesterday he was responding to tweets about the fight like ... C'mon guys, Sean can wrestle, etc. Curtis and Strickland are attached at the hip. It's also pretty telling he spent so much of this camp w/ Johnny Eblen.

I get the narrative that they want to build Pereira, but it's really a Win/Win for the UFC with this fight being on an Issy card. If Pereira wins the narrative is obvious. If Sean beats the guy who KO'd Issy, it's easier to sell that Title Fight than it would have been if he beat Brunson or another gatekeeper.  

Pereira is a world class kickboxer, but he's still very green in MMA. Hell... Michailidis took him down easily and mostly held him down. If he wasn't such a gasser he could have stole that fight which is absurd to say when discussing a potential Title Contender. Pereira has a puncher's chance, but I'm pretty confident in Strickland here. Against Issy he's probably f'd though.

* Edited at 06.29.2022, 1:37 PM ET *

bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  467  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

06.29.2022 | 1:38 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2480th

Come on Doung show yourself bro

This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, and 27 minutes from now.
paulopasta
paulopasta

06.29.2022 | 1:39 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2480th

He will get caught down the road if he wins this one. He’s still pretty young so he still has some time to improve his defensive striking, that’s the thing I worry about with him. I think no matter what in his fights, he’s either gonna finish the guy or he’s gonna get finished. He’s just doing it against really good competition which makes him unique in the landscape of the UFC’s stagnant middle weight division
bracket
bracket
  • Predictions:  467  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,738
  • Post Score: 2

06.29.2022 | 1:39 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 2480th

I just wanna make your bank accounts great again nerds and virgins

Sean Strikland LOCK
This user is suspended from posting until 10 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, and 27 minutes from now.
Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  992  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,164
  • Post Score: 158

06.29.2022 | 1:43 PM ET

@TARTARA

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3969th

That's your opinion and I respect how you think about it. I just disagree with your take on this. There are also a lot of people that copy everything "experts" say on their youtube channels. Not just in regards to explaining how skilled a fighter, how fighters match up or to predict the outcome of a fight, but also in regards to actually picking fights. So I don't know why that percentage should have more value than what people actually talk about up here. Picking fights is basically anticipating, which is based on assumptions/opinions not facts.

As I said before, there are plenty of people here that don't watch and/or make picks on lower tier events. Simply because they don't have the time for it, they prefer to watch higher level MMA or any other reason. This doesn't mean that they have less understanding or knowledge of the fighting game. Sure, picking the right fighter is also based on doing research and just having the knowledge of their past fights. However, a lot of picks are also just luck based because there are plenty of upsets in MMA. 

You have a different way of judging people and how they think about fighting. That's fine. Not everyone thinks like you or me. That's the beauty of being on a forum. To share our opinions about fighting and to discuss certain topics.

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

Noxx
Noxx
  • Predictions:  992  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,164
  • Post Score: 158

06.29.2022 | 1:54 PM ET

@paulopasta

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3969th

I agree. Even if he wins against Strickland and Izzy (which I don't think will happen), he has to face some guys that have solid grappling like Vettori and Whittaker. I honestly don't see Pereira winning against them. They are too well-rounded for him.

"Learning is a gift, even when pain is your teacher"

Theeraser
Theeraser
  • Predictions:  2,256  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,057
  • Post Score: 144

06.29.2022 | 1:59 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 3481st

with glover in his corner he is likely to develop but with such a fast push that he is getting i dont think he will have time to develop those skills its like this he could run through strickland **** he could beat izzy maybe but their are just certain guys as of right now that will really wet blanket tf outta him 

"Too much wine "

Tosh
Tosh
  • Predictions:  9,874  |  67.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,136
  • Post Score: 180

06.29.2022 | 1:59 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 887th

The first thing I do, when a fight is announced, is to check for anything new.  That includes gyms. weight class, injuries etc. I don't ever look at tape.  Every fight is with a different opponent, and, for me, looking at film distorts the actuality of outcome. In my mind, I pull out what has stuck with me about that fighter in my memory.  I do that for both fighters, then picture the fight in my head, and pick based on what I have seen and ingested mentally.  Not for everybody, and I'm not promoting this as a good system. I'm just sharing in an mma discussion my thoughts and methods.

"He who hesitates meditates in a horizontal position""

Theeraser
Theeraser

06.29.2022 | 2:03 PM ET

@tosh been doing the same as of late as i found some good in watching tape along with the bad and i personally feel biased picking a fighter just because i saw them dominate a complete different fighter i more try and find their strengths and weaknesses now

"Too much wine "

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

06.29.2022 | 2:04 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 365 Points   |   Tied for 3803rd

Cowboy said he is walking around at 168 lbs. I bet Miller isn’t doing much different this week even if he isn’t cutting weight, being the veteran that he is. 
AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise

06.29.2022 | 2:07 PM ET

So he’s gonna weigh under the limit then? 

Theeraser
Theeraser

06.29.2022 | 2:15 PM ET

guess cowboy isnt even going to attempt to cut weight for this fight 

"Too much wine "

TARTARA
TARTARA
  • Predictions:  54,050  |  69.0%
  • Forum Posts:  5,186
  • Post Score: 65

06.29.2022 | 2:16 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 430 Points   |   Tied for 2861st

The experts copy all the podcasts and the video analysis... you can ask them... eventually they will say the truth... and some of them they already arguing for this specific rason... !

I said it before... but you probably didn't pay attention... "don't believe everything you read on the threads" ... !
You are quite new in here and you don't really know what is really happening... in a few months down the road will be able to understand what im said... if you want it of course... !

Anyways,
all these and some others things are just my personal opinion, and im not gonna change it for anything - nobody ... and im actually do it... check out some of my numbers... 

Predictions Made: 18,318 final | 4,968 cancelled | 2,574 pending

some of them they have less picks in total, than my pending picks right now... !

Question :

If they really are so "experts"... with all this knowledge that they laying down... why they have so low picking percentage... even less than mine... and i don't study anything... i just click in the "Predictions Deadlines" and i "Pick ⛏ Up Truck" all the events... !?

"KURZHAAR - Tomorrow Never Comes Until It's Too Late"

Page 45

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Like To Retire As A World Champion’
  • Middle Easy : Tyson Fury Gives Props To ‘Toughest Man’ Oleksandr Usyk; John Fury Goes Ballistic On Team Usyk
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul press conference video LIVE now