Topic: UFC 267

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,524
  • Post Score: 46

06.27.2021 | 8:34 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC 267
Bout   Info
Glover Teixeira   defeats   Jan Błachowicz   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:02 Round 2 of 5, 8:02 Total Bout Page
Petr Yan   defeats   Cory Sandhagen   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Islam Makhachev   defeats   Dan Hooker   via Submission, Kimura   2:23 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Alexander Volkov   defeats   Marcin Tybura   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Khamzat Chimaev   defeats   Jingliang Li   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:16 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Magomed Ankalaev   defeats   Volkan Oezdemir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Amanda Ribas   defeats   Virna Jandiroba   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Zubaira Tukhugov   defeats   Ricardo Ramos   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Albert Duraev   defeats   Roman Kopylov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elizeu Zaleski   defeats   Benoit Saint-Denis   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Michał Oleksiejczuk   defeats   Shamil Gamzatov   via KO/TKO, Uppercut   3:31 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Lerone Murphy   defeats   Makwan Amirkhani   via KO/TKO, Knee   0:14 Round 2 of 3, 5:14 Total Bout Page
Andre Petroski   defeats   Yaozong Hu   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   4:46 Round 3 of 3, 14:46 Total Bout Page
Tagir Ulanbekov   defeats   Allan Nascimento   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 13

Pezzie
Pezzie
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  107
  • Post Score: -23

10.26.2021 | 10:08 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1335th

"never tell me the odds."

Pezzie
Pezzie

10.26.2021 | 10:13 AM ET

Hexford
Hexford
  • Predictions:  4,755  |  65.2%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 110

10.26.2021 | 10:57 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 2873rd

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz, TKO, R2
L Hook Blacha.

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan, DEC
One of the toughest fights to predict but I believe Yan will come to victory in this match with his explosive shifts and his wrestling.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Dan Hooker, TKO, R2
I believe that if Hooker tries to impose pace and put him in a position where Makhacev is fighting on the back foot he will win this match by knockout. HOOK FROM THE HELL

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov, TKO, R2
Tybura is too slow, Volkov should imitation it with his movements and straight punches.

Li vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev, TKO, R2
Chimaev via crazy ground for pound.

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Magomed Ankalaev, TKO, R3
Ankalaev should combine wrestling and striking and get an easy win, I even think he'll be knocked out the moment Oezdemir shortens his distance with someone ...

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas, DEC
Ribas scrubbing my lotn. I think she's more shod in all spheres of struggle.

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Zubaira Tukhugov, DEC
Tukhugov another split decision.

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Albert Duraev, SUB, R1
Kopylov is a slow starter I think Duraev will break it with great pace wrestling from the very beginning and that at some point Kopylov will turn his back and the mec will end with rnc.

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Benoit Saint-Denis, DEC
Denis is much more dimensional I believe he can handle the striking too with him. Upset of the night

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Shamil Gamzatov, TKO, R2
Gamzat's via flurry of punches. The only thing to look out for is that left hook and the way it enters the exchange.

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Makwan Amirkhani, DEC
Amirkhani if he comes in with a good gameplan.

Hu vs. Petroski
Andre Petroski, SUB, R2
Hu won't withstand that high tempo. Petroski takes back throws it to the floor and quickly ends this match.

Ismagulov vs. Mustafaev
Damir Ismagulov, DEC
Ismagulov future champ!

Ulanbekov vs. Nascimento
Tagir Ulanbekov, TKO, R2
Ulanbekov determines where the fight will take place I think there's a much better striking and this will get easy.

* Edited at 10.26.2021, 11:00 AM ET *

Pezzie
Pezzie

10.26.2021 | 11:31 AM ET

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,521  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,689
  • Post Score: 89

10.26.2021 | 1:09 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1235th

I think it’s possible for ankalev to lose the fight but I think it would either require him compromising himself with a weight cut or oezdemir having the best fight of his life.

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,792
  • Post Score: 273

10.26.2021 | 1:10 PM ET

Teixeira handing out one of the scariest beatdowns I've seen, Fabio was a tough fellow who should have been fighting at 185, when he came in the the UFC he had an excellent chin and was very durable. The sound of some of the GNP, plus Fabio clipping him. 

* Edited at 10.26.2021, 1:11 PM ET *

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.26.2021 | 2:40 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

Makwan Amirkhani   vs.   Lerone Murphy  

I'm surprised so many people are on Murphy here. He's a solid fighter and his ceiling is high, but if we're being real, he is to Leon Edwards what Tom Waits songs are when they're sung by Scarlett Johanson. He also hasn't fought anything like the level of competition a Makwan and is vulnerable to getting outpointed due to poor TDD, which isn't good against Amirkhani.

A friend of mine has met Makwan twice now, and has said both times he couldn't believe how much of a ****** he is when the cameras aren't on him. So I hope the Tap majority is right. But I might take him here by dec. I do think Lerone has a very good shot of getting the W however and it's a bit of a pickem.
Casual008
Casual008
  • Predictions:  4,652  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,866
  • Post Score: 259

10.26.2021 | 3:30 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 1 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 3163rd

@Baldric Eggling I think Zubaira, De Andrade and Ramos are the right level competition when compared to Makwan. Makwan has looked horrible in his last outings and he lost the Kirk fight, Kirk had a weeks notice, and it was Makwan who ended up fading as the rounds went on. I've also been making a killing fading SBG Ireland members for the past ~two years and I'm not going to stop now. 

"They're sorcerers they don't get knocked out"

Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,129  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

10.26.2021 | 3:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 1127th

Amirkhani vs. Murphy
Lerone Murphy, DEC
Really liking Murphy in this one, his striking is just much better than Makwan's who just leaves his lands low and is very open to counter. Lerone is sharp with his boxing, switches stances really well and can punish Makwan with the counter striking. Makwan has to wrestle otherwise I think he gets dominateddm I think he's gonna have a hard time keeping Murphy down on the ground though because Murphy can create scrambles

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,605
  • Post Score: 261

10.26.2021 | 4:11 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 720 Points   |   Tied for 928th

I really fell like this card is let make the Russian fighter look great, This card would of done better with some more competitive fights as more a fight is  set in stone on what going to happen the more boring it is  for me, I want intrigue in my fights, Literally ever favorites is -300 or more on the main card, This card grew on me admently as they some intresting stuff, But you know what your going to get, I like a lot of the later card 

* Edited at 10.26.2021, 4:14 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  13,113  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,540
  • Post Score: 13

10.26.2021 | 5:02 PM ET

Predictions: 11 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 655 Points   |   Tied for 1687th

i really wonder if i should do a parlay of volkov, chimaev, tukhugov

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,765  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,792
  • Post Score: 273

10.26.2021 | 5:33 PM ET

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,521  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  32,689
  • Post Score: 89

10.26.2021 | 5:55 PM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 1235th

the one good thing about the massive favorites is that there's bound to be at least 2 or 3 upsets. For example, khamzat is way too big of a favorite against Li. I can tell you for a fact that I will bet Li, I think +400 is way too disrespectful and I think khamzat should be priced at -200. remember what Li did to Ponzi

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

Baldric Eggling
Baldric Eggling

10.26.2021 | 6:02 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 640 Points   |   Tied for 1918th

I don't think -400 is far off the mark TBH. They possibly have an equal chance on the feet (although Chimaev has destroyed everybody so quickly we don't really know how good he is there) but the grappling divide is insurmountably massive based on all appearances. 
Dankmemes112
Dankmemes112
  • Predictions:  1,129  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  245
  • Post Score: 294

10.26.2021 | 7:26 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 700 Points   |   Tied for 1127th

Oleksiejczuk vs. Gamzatov
Michał Oleksiejczuk, DEC
Time for an underdog pick here, not been that impressed with Gamzatov, he struggled in his debut and I'm not sure if he really did win that fight, he can get backed up and Michal does have have the better striking too, and we all know how good Michal's forward pressure is too. I feel like Gamzatov will be on his back foot for most of the fight and getting frustrated by it too

mophez
mophez
  • Predictions:  148  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: -25

10.26.2021 | 11:16 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 0 Perfect, 600 Points   |   Tied for 2308th

Błachowicz vs. Teixeira
Jan Błachowicz
I think Jan wins RD1 and RD2, Glover becomes more aggressive and sloppy in RD3 and gets dropped and possibly KO'd

Yan vs. Sandhagen
Petr Yan
I see Peter YAN moving forward and winning by split decision or 49-46.

Makhachev vs. Hooker
Islam Makhachev
Islam will winning this by decision and defending all sub attempts. Hooker will be controlled the entire fight and will spend most of his energy trying defending takedowns and sub,and won't have the snap and power in his arms as he usually does to be threatening in the standup.

Volkov vs. Tybura
Alexander Volkov
Tybura's only path of winning is closing the distance, clinching and taking down Volkov. I see Tybura winning the 1st round, Volkov will piece him up for a 29-28 decision and possibly finish him early if Tubura is wreckless.

Li vs. Chimaev
Khamzat Chimaev
I see why MMA fans are giving Jin the respect he deserves, but without the takedown threat I see him falling to the mat like the rest of Khamzat's oponnents. Jinliang must plant his feets for the KOs, which presents his legs for a single leg or a double leg. This will be any easy fight for Khamzat.

Ankalaev vs. Oezdemir
Magomed Ankalaev
Magomed has been very impressive lately and has faced very dangerous oponnents and made it look easy, his fight IQ is off the charts. I see him timing a couple of takedowns and making Volkan's life hell for 3 rounds, possibly finishing him early but I doubt Volkan will be reckless after his most recent devestating losses.

Ribas vs. Jandiroba
Amanda Ribas
This is a tough one, i see Ribas winning by split decision or 29-28, possibly losing the last round. I had to watch tape on each fighter multiple times before making this prediction. Virna has power in her hands with looping punches but Ribas is very good with her range and pulling away from those type of punches as seen in the Dern fight. I see Virna going all out in the 1st round and possibly tiring herself out, with Ribas pulling away with a blitz of straight punches and possibly landing a few takedowns. I am not buying the hype around Virna, she's tough and all but against oponnents that she can't takedown and submit, her striking and footwork is average.

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Zubaira Tukhugov
Zubaira coming off a loss knows that a win here is a must. Ricardo's chin is a suspect, I am also not impressed by his defense when on the ground. Ramos will need to pressure Zubaira to win but will leave himself open to the takedowns. I see Zubaira catching him with a right hook and finishing him with groudn and pound. This could possibly go to decision as well in which I favour Zubaira to win because of his affiliation with Khabib.

DelinquentMMA
DelinquentMMA
  • Predictions:  2,198  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  278
  • Post Score: 229

10.27.2021 | 7:38 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 3483rd

"Delinquent MMA"

stuthehistoryguy
stuthehistoryguy
  • Predictions:  10,529  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  740
  • Post Score: 314

10.27.2021 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 3 Perfect, 555 Points   |   Tied for 2732nd

Volkov vs. Tybura
Marcin Tybura, TKO, R3
Surprised that the odds are so long on this one - very tough fight to pick IMO.

Tukhugov vs. Ramos
Zubaira Tukhugov, DEC
Another very tough call.

Duraev vs. Kopylov
Albert Duraev, SUB, R1
On the other hand, I'm very confident in this one. On paper. Watch me get blown out.

Zaleski vs. Saint-Denis
Benoit Saint-Denis, SUB, R1
Jeez, another very tough call. My heuristic says to go with the guy on the streak, but Saint-Denis hasn't been facing the level of fighter that Zaleski has. Good matchmaking. Mad props.

"I'm not on your side. I'm not on his side. I'm on the side or being right. - Richard Harrison Sr || Send all card updates to https://www.tapology.com/tickets/new"

Hadrian Caesar
Hadrian Caesar
  • Predictions:  904  |  67.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,114
  • Post Score: 338

10.27.2021 | 11:01 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 14 Winners, 4 Perfect, 590 Points   |   Tied for 2466th

Very confident with Volkov, 2nd or 3rd round ko 
But that could just be my bias

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar.

Thewelshguy1998
Thewelshguy1998
  • Predictions:  604  |  58.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,054
  • Post Score: 242

10.27.2021 | 11:04 AM ET

Predictions: 12 of 14 Winners, 5 Perfect, 740 Points   |   Tied for 620th

Volkov, does fantastic in the normal cage, terrible in the apex cage, 

There is a big difference to the two cages , and I don't know about anyone else , but it's so much more fun to watch fights in the bigger one, much more standing up 

The apex cage is a wrestler/grapplers heaven 

Page 13

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tom Aspinall: Curtis Blaydes rematch at UFC 304 is a 'lose-lose' because he's 'not that popular'
  • MMA Junkie : Manel Kape ready to shut down Muhammad Mokaev at UFC 304: 'Everything I do is a masterclass'
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier shoots down fourth Conor McGregor fight: ‘I don’t need that [bad] energy’
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF World Championship 2024 Full Preview
  • MMA Mania : Live! Brooke Vs VanZant Press Conference Video!
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi released from PFL-Bellator after threatening legal action
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: Gegard Mousasi through the years
  • MMAFighting.com : Misfits Boxing 15: Paige VanZant vs. Elle Brooke press conference video
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia responds to positive 'B' sample with social media outburst: 'I F*CKING LOVE STEROIDS'
  • MMAFighting.com : Carlos Ulberg steps in to face Jamahal Hill in UFC 303 co-main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Gets New Opponent For UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : With Khalil Rountree out, Carlos Ulberg steps in to face Jamahal Hill at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Updated! UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Ben Askren confused what Chael Sonnen is doing against Anderson Silva: ‘I don’t know why you’re boxing’
  • MMA Junkie : Bassil Hafez eager to 'beat the sh*t out of' Mickey Gall at UFC 302, show he's better than debut loss
  • Middle Easy : PFL Founder Donn Davis Disses Kayla Harrison’s Move to the UFC, Dubs Her a ‘Follower Who Needs Validation’
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia’s legal team responds to positive B-sample results for Devin Haney fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia’s B-sample also positive, legal team releases statement
  • MMA Junkie : Miranda Maverick: 'Pretty girl on Instagram' Tracy Cortez doesn't deserve UFC ranking
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Kayla Harrison, Comedian Che Durena