Topic: Silva vs. Weidman

Silva vs. Weidman

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,729  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

02.27.2013 | 10:31 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Weidman. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

06.18.2013 | 4:20 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Again dude do you wanna try to make any kind of argument against what I said? Or do you just want to make childish personal attacks?
Either way is cool with me. Anyone can just call someone an idiot or a troll though. It actually takes a certain amount of intelligence to argue with someone.

* Edited at 06.18.2013, 4:22 PM ET *

"Is reality really realistic?"

Gebe
Gebe
  • Predictions:  2,174  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,292
  • Post Score: 198

06.18.2013 | 4:44 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Dude, they are OPINIONS!! No one can make you change your mind with a totally diff opinion when you get stubborn enough, so let's cut the slack aight?

* Edited at 06.18.2013, 4:58 PM ET *

"Fighter by day, Lover by night"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

06.18.2013 | 5:40 PM ET

@justynbomar Sigh. You want an argument, here's your argument.

"You can make all the excuses you want about him having broken ribs or whatever but the bottom line is Chael Sonnen went in there and dominated him thoroughly."

How could you actually say that without being biased? Anderson Silva's ribs were ******* broken. It's as simple as that. Chael Sonnen dominated him but choked in the 5th round because he isn't clutch. It's not a matter of using excuses, it's just a fact. Anderson Silva's broken ribs effected his ability to fight and it obviously showed because in the next fight, he decimated Sonnen.

"Even if you want to say the knee was legal he still held Sonnen's shorts more than any other fighter I have ever seen."

Even if you want to say the knee was legal. The knee was legal, there is no "even if" ****, it was legal. Don't see it? Try wiping the All-American cum from your eyes.

He did hold Sonnen's shorts a lot but how could that possibly help stop a takedown? Last time I checked, holding an Olympic-level wrestler's shorts won't do much to help stop the takedown.

And even if it did, I have every right to call you a ******' hypocrite now. You're talking about "all you Silva fans who make excuses" and then you're talking about how Anderson grabbing Sonnen's shorts twice was a huge gamechanger. (EDIT: I just watched the second round just to refresh my memory, Anderson Silva was grabbing the shorts to lift Sonnen up either for a takedown or to get out of the clinch and he held the shorts a second time to try and pull him closer for strikes. Illegal moves? Totally. Used to stop the takedown? Nope. By the way, Sonnen's first real shot of the second round gets stuffed THOROUGHLY.)

Well let me take a page out of your third-grade book and say this; You can make all the excuses you want but the bottom line is Anderson Silva went in there and dominated him thoroughly.

Hypocrite. Biased. Racist. Fatty.

* Edited at 06.18.2013, 5:45 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

ja3074
ja3074
  • Predictions:  2,772  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 199

06.18.2013 | 5:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

In my opinion this is going to come down to whether or not Weidman can take the fight into the ground if not it's pretty much lights out for Weidman. =/

"to live is to suffer to survive is to find meaning in the suffering"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

06.18.2013 | 7:13 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Here's the gif.
Even if you want to say the knee didn't hit Sonnen illegally his thigh clearly did which would be considered a kick which would be illegal.
I don't think you fully know what the work "hypocrite" means anik. Also you didn't elaborate at all as to how I am.
Where is the prof that his ribs were broken? How do we not know that they just didn't decide to put that out there just because Anderson had a piss poor performance? Just cause SIlva or is manager says "he had broken ribs" doesn't mean they do, but you being the sheep that you are just chose to believe it.
You like to talk about how I'm so biased but what about yours? You blindly and ignorantly hate on Dan Henderson all while trying to ***** at me about hating on Anderson SIlva. That makes you a hypocrite, and that's also what a hypocrite is because you clearly have no idea what it is. 

"Is reality really realistic?"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.18.2013 | 7:30 PM ET

I´m going to jump right in just to say thatbroken ribs or not he beat Sonnen twice, yes TWICE and the first time Sonnen had elevated Testosterone so bad that he got suspended for a year, and you wanna talk about grabbing shorts?

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  39,487  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

06.18.2013 | 8:55 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

yo CthulhuJones we still betting on this  ?

* Edited at 06.18.2013, 8:56 PM ET *

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

C_Arnoud
C_Arnoud
  • Predictions:  3,914  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2,448
  • Post Score: 200

06.18.2013 | 8:59 PM ET

if Silva wanted to make the broken rib excuse, he would do it on the Maia fight.
Remember everybody hated him after that fight?
so he comes out and says his ribs were broken and nobody would fault him.

i will believe him until i have some indication that that was not right.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

06.18.2013 | 9:11 PM ET

Prediction: correct Weidman   wrong Decision  

What's even the point to come out after a fight and say you were injured? Discredit what your opponent did in the fight? Make yourself look tough? I don't know I just don't get it. I'm not questioning if Silva was hurt or not. I think if he says he was then he probably was. Is that why Chael knocked him down a couple times and took him down repeatedly maybe, maybe not.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

Idrownfish
Idrownfish
  • Predictions:  1,759  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,407
  • Post Score: 241

06.18.2013 | 9:31 PM ET

I wouldn't predict a decision for Weidman if I were you guys, I recognize Weidman's ground and pound and Jits skills but if he can't finish the fight I don't see him not getting knocked out for a full 5 rounds. Silva's camp recently said that Anderson from his back is the hunter, not the prey, and if Weidman can't finish him after 5 rounds his face will have several holes in it, even if Anderson spends the whole time on his back.

EDIT: I mean that I can see either fighter coming out of this with the belt, but I simply can't imagine how this could go to a decision.

* Edited at 06.18.2013, 9:37 PM ET *

"Let's just say if we fought again I wouldn't need to keep my hands up." - Luke Rockhold on Michael Bisping's punching power

MMATycoon
MMATycoon
  • Predictions:  7,154  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 227

06.18.2013 | 11:45 PM ET

I see a lot buying into the UFC hype machine. Silva should take this rather easily, actually... just like he has been handling wrestlers since joining the UFC. They may eventually get a takedown, then he neutralizes them on the ground and comes back for the kill in rd 2 or 3.

Unless something really different happened during this camp, this should be Silva's fight.

"www.mmatycoon.com"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.19.2013 | 12:06 AM ET

Anik and Justyn ... cool it. No need.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Anik
Anik

06.19.2013 | 12:16 AM ET

Why did you remove my post?

I'm doing nothing wrong and I'm sick of this racist running around trashing every successful Hispanic and Brazilian fighter. And if you're going to remove my post, why don't you remove all of the posts between me and bomar?

* Edited at 06.19.2013, 12:17 AM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

06.19.2013 | 12:19 AM ET

Am I going crazy or has Justyn's username changed?

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

06.19.2013 | 12:20 AM ET

I'm not about to go reading every historical post, but I do see that you're calling someone an idiot and a racist.  Steve said cool it and I took down the post.

So quit whining and move on.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

06.19.2013 | 12:21 AM ET

He asked if he could change his name because he didn't want his real name as his username.  In that kind of situation we'll allow a one-time change.  We did the same for Brazilian Jitz.

"I live, I die, I live again."

MadMikeXD
MadMikeXD

06.19.2013 | 12:21 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Silva   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

He married Mr.OfOsiris
SRAOnline
SRAOnline
  • Predictions:  9,854  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,719
  • Post Score: 313

06.19.2013 | 12:22 AM ET

Oh ok.

Makes sense.

At least I'm not going insane. Always nice to know my fragile sanity isn't falling to pieces.

"Pretend to be someone you're not once, and you're a liar. Do it every day, and you're a professional."

Anik
Anik

06.19.2013 | 12:23 AM ET

@Gregory I'm not insulting him, I'm making a clear observation. You took down a post that completely decimated all of his points, shame on you.

"الله أكبرl"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

06.19.2013 | 12:26 AM ET

Anik.. clearly Justyn has a bias towards American fighters. Theres nothing racist about that. I look at his favorite fighters ranking, I can only see the top 3, but benson henderson is there, and he is half korean.

He also seems to like Werdum who is obviously Brazilian.

if you're going to call someone a racist, be ******* sure they are a racist. Nothing worse than being labelled a racist. 

* Edited at 06.19.2013, 12:27 AM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Dana White downplays Jon Jones’ interest in Alex Pereira, targets Stipe Miocic title fight in New York
  • Jits Magazine : Abu Dhabi Grand Slam Tour – Abu Dhabi 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Mania : White: New UFC Deal Struck Because Saudi Arabia ‘Wanted Power Slap’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Bullet’ Wants ‘Demolidor’ In Saudi Arabia
  • MMA Junkie : 'Thank you for making my life easy': MMA community celebrates Mother's Day on social media
  • MMA Mania : Matches To Make After UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : Ciryl Gane to carry Olympic torch ahead of 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
  • MMA Junkie : 5 biggest takeaways from UFC on ESPN 56: Derrick Lewis magic returns and Dana White criticism of main card winner
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ex-Bellator title challenger Alejandra Lara bloodies opponent in first-round TKO win
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley shifts to Gilbert Burns after unrealistic Conor McGregor callout: 'I'm definitely not going to get that'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE (On One Condition)
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Ready To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE, On One Condition...
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder concerned for Mike Tyson in Jake Paul fight: ‘God forbid he gets hurt’
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Derrick Lewis after UFC on ESPN 56 knockout win?
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor closes door on wrestling, potential MMA career after becoming Oklahoma State coach
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champ Andrei Arlovski added to Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card at UFC 303
  • Middle Easy : Derrick Lewis Plans To ‘Dibble Dabble’ In WWE While Fighting For UFC
  • MMA Junkie : Bryce Mitchell down with Sean Woodson's UFC St. Louis callout: 'I need some money'
  • MMAFighting.com : Mateusz Rebecki reveals gruesome aftermath of stoppage loss to Diego Ferreira in new hospital photo
  • MMA Mania : ‘We Gotta Get Out Of The Apex’