Topic: Silva vs. Stann

Silva vs. Stann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,676  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,585
  • Post Score: 60

12.13.2012 | 8:18 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Stann   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Stann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

01.01.2013 | 1:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Stann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

At least he isn't fighting Vitor. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

eXtv
eXtv
  • Predictions:  4,370  |  67.8%
  • Forum Posts:  39
  • Post Score: 156

01.01.2013 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Stann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I love Wanderlei and I'm genuinely afraid that this will be his last MMA fight. Stann hits really hard and Wand's chin is very suspect at this point.
broadly
broadly
  • Predictions:  732  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  159
  • Post Score: 197

01.01.2013 | 7:12 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   wrong Decision  

If Wanderlei comes to fight just for the win I think he takes this, he has much better technical striking, is a better grappler, and I don't think Stann can or will grind out a decision with top control.  The thing is Wanderlei almost certainly won't come out just looking for the win, he'll come out looking to entertain, especially with the fight being in Japan, and become very hittable...a bad thing when dealing with Stann.

"Yeah." - Mark Hunt

MirkoBroCop
MirkoBroCop
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  327
  • Post Score: 269

01.08.2013 | 3:55 PM ET

Silva's chin has seen better days.
blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

01.08.2013 | 5:46 PM ET

Preparing for Stann pt.2

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

poor sparring bot 2:20 - 2:40

"@AndySalasMMA"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

01.08.2013 | 5:51 PM ET

everybody mentions Wand's chin but it's the same for Stann, he might have a better chin but if Wanderlei clips him, it's lights out for him as well; Wanderlei still has a mean ******* punch and deadly clinch, and at 205 they should be even more powerful.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

01.08.2013 | 6:09 PM ET

Wait when has Stann gone out cold? I dont have enough fingers to count the amount of times Wandy's has sprawled on the ground, lifeless.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

01.08.2013 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Wand for the upset

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

01.08.2013 | 6:50 PM ET

@Jits Yes, we all know Mike Massenzio, Rodney Wallace, Michael Bisping and Chael Sonnen have huge KO power, while Rampage, Hendo, Hunt, Liddell, Cro Cop, Franklin, Arona and Ortiz are a bunch of pantsies.

With that roster on his back, 6 KO losses in 48 fights doesn't sound bad at all to me.
Trust me, Wand clips him, and he's out. I'm not saying he has a bad chin, I'm saying Wand has enough power to put him away with one shot, especially @ LHW.

"@AndySalasMMA"

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

01.08.2013 | 10:45 PM ET

You are right. Chris Leben, Alessio Sakara have no punching power.

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

01.08.2013 | 11:40 PM ET

They are very similar fighters although wandy has a broader tool box. The only problem is that wandy's tools are a bit tarnished and rusting while Stann's are still pretty shiny.

* Edited at 01.08.2013, 11:41 PM ET *

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

01.09.2013 | 1:42 AM ET

I think they put on a slug fest. I see Stann clipping Wandy and backing him up to the fence, Wandy starts swinging those wild bombs he throws, catches Stann on the chin, and out go the lights. Wandy wins and retires in Japan. Maybe I'm just dreaming. We'll see.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 1 week, 3 days, 6 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg

01.09.2013 | 12:22 PM ET

I hear you, but come on, Sakara and Leben vs the legends Wand has fought in multiple weight classes?

You might think I'm biased, but honestly I see this fight 50-50, they can both knock out each other, I might even give a slight edge to Wanderlei since he has a broader set of tools like @hiblet said; he has underrated BJJ, a great clinch and decent takedowns, while Stann is pretty average in that regard.

Since Wand was KOd by Leben, he ackowledged his mistake of brawling and rushing in on zombie Leben, if you've seen his 2 fights after that then you have noted that he is much more passive and defensive, even a little too much for my taste, he seems like he has finally come to terms with his age and the diminishing of his skills and developed a different fighting style on which he can still be competitive without risking too much.

That said, I'm not delusional, I know he is old, rusty and worn out, his days are counted and every time he fights I'm afraid he will announce his retirement. Would hate to see him retire but I think it is the best for him, he can still compete at a middle tier level but at this point in his career he has nothing else to prove and a still lot to lose.

People now make fun of him and are always counting him out, but he once was one of the most dangerous forces and biggest superstars in MMA.

There is a fable by Aesop, that always makes me think of Wanderlei, and it goes like this:

There was a lion, in the jungle, laying on the ground close to death. All the animals of the land we’re crowded around, taunting and poking fun at him. A mouse scurried atop the lion, and while dancing on his nose said ‘He can’t do anything to us now!’. The animal crowd laughed and continued to make fun of the lion.

With all the energy left in his body, the lion lifted his head and said ‘Mock me now, but, I was a lion once'.

WAR WAND!

"@AndySalasMMA"

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

01.09.2013 | 1:27 PM ET

I would love to see Wandy get the KO in brutal fashion and retire, but this is Stanns fight.

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

JustynOfOsiris
JustynOfOsiris
  • Predictions:  4,334  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,239
  • Post Score: 122

01.09.2013 | 4:04 PM ET

Wandy gets brutally knocked out

* Edited at 01.09.2013, 4:05 PM ET *

"Is reality really realistic?"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

01.09.2013 | 4:46 PM ET

Prediction: correct Silva   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I think Wanderlei shocks the world here. I absolutely think he can do it. So many idiots like to say Wand has a weak chin, give me a ******* break. Its not like he has EVER been KO'd by guys with no power, he has never been finished by a pushover, ever. 

Of course Stann has that biiiig power, but I have hope. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz

01.09.2013 | 6:11 PM ET

Mikelovestacos strikes again. How dare anyone assume Wanderlei Silva has a bad chin - you must be idiots, people!

It's not like he has either been knocked out, or dropped in every single one of his fights lately. And by lately I mean the last 6 years.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

01.09.2013 | 6:30 PM ET

@jitz, well he didn't got dropped against Franklin, Jardine, Bisping or Le, he got dropped by Leben who could KO a mule with a punch, Hendo which has huge KO power and Rampage in his prime, yes Wand chin is not as good as it used to be , they guy is old and has been in more wars that most of the MMA fighters out there, but I don't think Stann is counting him out as easily as some of you do, and if he is he is not being smart, Wand did droped Le, Franklin, Bisping, (almost)Leben and Jardine in his last 6 years. in the end I wouldn't put any money in this fight because either of them can get the KO even if the odds are with Stann.

* Edited at 01.09.2013, 6:34 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

01.09.2013 | 6:36 PM ET

Any fight like this, where both guys have one punch ko power, is a total toss up. The only sure thing is that it will probably be a ko finish
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  56,315  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,436
  • Post Score: 204

01.09.2013 | 6:46 PM ET

He got dropped on one knee near the end of the fight against Franklin didn't he?  And I'm pretty sure Le dropped him with a spinning back fist at one point.  Anyways, both guys have proved that they can take pretty much anyone out with a shot, I think Stann will land first.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Watch BTL live at 12:30 p.m. ET
  • Bad Left Hook : WBO orders Buatsi vs Yarde for interim title
  • MMA Junkie : Aljamain Sterling reignites rivalry with Sean O'Malley: 'You're a sorry-ass champion'
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Is A Female Rocky’
  • MMA Junkie : After UFC 301 TKO win, Alessandro Costa calls for ranked opponent: 'I've proven that I'm at that level'
  • MMAFighting.com : Cory Sandhagen gets real on Umar Nurmagomedov: ‘It’s going to be a pain in the ass of a fight’
  • Jits Magazine : Watch Mikey Musumeci Training Wrestling With NCAA Champion Roman Bravo-Young
  • MMA Junkie : Kai Kara-France eyes UFC 305 return: 'Steve Erceg let's settle it in Perth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC owners address concerns over new TV deal, future of UFC APEX shows, and The Sphere being ‘one and done’
  • MMA Mania : Steveson Training MMA Following WWE Release
  • MMA Junkie : Rodrigo Nascimento confident ahead of UFC on ESPN 56 main event vs. Derrick Lewis: 'I have many ways to beat him'
  • MMAFighting.com : Chael Sonnen doesn’t consider himself a UFC Hall of Famer despite 2024 induction
  • UFC.com : Games Global Signs Exclusive Partnership With UFC To Produce Unique Branded Digital Slots
  • MMA Mania : UFC Owners Admit Apex Sucks: ‘It’s Just Not The Same Experience’
  • MMA Junkie : Jan Blachowicz: Jon Jones 'escaped to heavyweight because I was in my prime when he left'
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Reveals Injuries From Almeida Stinker: ‘Even Uppercuts Hurt’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jake Paul says ‘one of us has to die’ now that Mike Tyson bout is professional boxing match
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis: Best Betting Props, Parlays And Picks
  • Jits Magazine : UFC Fight Pass Invitational 7 Full Preview
  • Jits Magazine : Raphael Assuncao Gives His Side Of Spitting Incident At IBJJF Open