Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Men

Where do you put Aldo and GSP now?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

05.01.2011 | 10:35 AM ET

I put him at two just because if you compare Silva and GSP last fight Silva won more impressively. But I think he will come back up.What do you guys thin about Ellenberger Vs. Condit?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Responses Page 2

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

05.01.2011 | 10:23 PM ET

@kalibo can't wait!

@minotauro can't disagree more...to be honest..not meaning to call u out..well, maybe a little...to me, p4p rankings are like mvp voting in sports...do u vote the absolute best? the one with most skills but loses a little? the nonstop winner? .... to me, i look for the closest to perfection in every weight class...i look for guys with tons of heart and balls...and i give more credit to a guy that stops a number one contender then a guy who just beats him...its obvious to me..maybe i'm over-analyzing it...but if silva moved up to 205...i'd take jones to win..why? his longer reach AND dominant wrestling...HOWEVER, i keep silva at one because he's never lost in ufc...and thats gotta count for something.

the reason for that rant was diaz is top 5 and i honestly think he'll beat gsp...because heart and emotion are undervalued...

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

slapedurmomsace
slapedurmomsace
  • Predictions:  879  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  62
  • Post Score: 47

05.01.2011 | 10:29 PM ET

@minotauro..also BJ has won in his last 3 fights.

Fitch-Draw..Hughes incredibily quick KO..Edgar UD loss. Forgot to say that, and don't know how to edit above post.

"Jackson the JRT..the original Rampage!!"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,572
  • Post Score: 275

05.01.2011 | 10:33 PM ET

I haven't updated my rankings, I'm pretty satisfied with them at the moment. Maybe if anything Gil Melendez deserves a nudge up.

As for Jose Aldo, if he's not in your top 10... I think it's a little crazy, ut somehow you're just not a believer yet.  It will be harder and harder to keep him out of your list.  The kid is exceptionally talented, just had a tough fight where he wasn't at his best.  He's moving and doing things in the cage that basically nobody else in the UFC is capable of doing.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Outrageous
Outrageous
  • Predictions:  15,465  |  65.5%
  • Forum Posts:  246
  • Post Score: 215

05.02.2011 | 10:21 AM ET

Even though it was lackluster, GSP still dominated, and--at least in my eyes--won every round. I certainly don't see his performance as being any more troubling than, say, Silva-Sonnen, so I think he's still a comfortable #1 in my rankings.

Aldo, on the other hand, is fighting in a division that's still developing, so his ranking was based on the extent of his dominance--a factor that wasn't really present Saturday night. I wouldn't have scored it that way, but his fight with Hominick could have conceivably been a draw if you gave Hominick round 2 10-9 and round 5 10-8, and I don't hold Hominick in particularly high esteem considering that he was soundly outstruck by Hioki a few years ago and more recently had his hands full with Yves Jabouin (who just lost in more one-sided fashion to Pablo Garza, no less). It's just one fight and Aldo may not have been 100 percent so I don't want to hold it against him too much, but I think he'll definitely drop down a bit when I update my rankings, likely below Fitch and Jones.

"Fungahhh!"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.02.2011 | 10:36 AM ET

@Outrageous I posted a thread regarding Mr. Aldo's condition the night of the fight.  I don't see Aldo below Fitch though.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

05.02.2011 | 11:07 AM ET

GSP and Aldo will probably remain where they are now for me.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

05.02.2011 | 11:10 AM ET

I've still got GSP on top. Finishing fights isn't the be-all, end-all for me. It would be nice, but to me, Anderson Silva's submission win over Chael Sonnen in August was much less impressive than GSP's not-super dominant victory over Shields was on Saturday.

Additionally, I think a lot of people place Anderson above Georges because they think he would win in a fight. Whether or not that is true, it has no bearing whatsoever on their relative pound-for-pound standings. I think it's interesting when everyone unanimously agrees, with almost no argument, that GSP is the most complete fighter in MMA history, and yet he is consistently ranked below Anderson on the pound-for-pound scale.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

POPMYTRUNK
POPMYTRUNK
  • Predictions:  666  |  68.5%
  • Forum Posts:  125
  • Post Score: 171

05.02.2011 | 11:19 AM ET

i kept my rankings the same

"pop my trunk and everybody gets to running"

themysticalninja
themysticalninja
  • Predictions:  1,219  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,725
  • Post Score: 123

05.02.2011 | 1:54 PM ET

Anderson Silva would have still stayed at #1, even if GSP has finished Shields due to the fact that overall, Silva has had more dominating preformances.

Aldo at still stays at #3 too. If he manages his current momentum he may be threatning GSP and Silva in the P4P ranks, which looks likely because if a weight drained Aldo can still kick ass, then a healthy Aldo is the stuff of nightmares.

"Go get some Donald CER-ROE-NAY!" - Greg Jackson

Yaspaa
Yaspaa
  • Predictions:  173  |  73.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,422
  • Post Score: 151

05.02.2011 | 2:13 PM ET

Jose has dropped slightly for me.

"I Get Better."

AlbusRumbleMOAR
AlbusRumbleMOAR

10.28.2011 | 7:29 AM ET

im sorry but anyone who ranks aldo is a idiot.  The dudes competition is weak sauce.  OMG HE FOUGHT AND BEAT URIAJAH FABER THE CALIFORNIA KID.....he is def p4p after that WHOAH!
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, and 38 minutes from now.
thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

10.28.2011 | 8:33 AM ET

I guess everyone of us is pretty much an idiot then..

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

10.28.2011 | 8:34 AM ET

@thiago I'm an idiot too!!

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

10.28.2011 | 8:46 AM ET

As am I and pretty much every one else then

* Edited at 10.28.2011, 8:47 AM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.28.2011 | 9:16 AM ET

It is so difficult to tell. We have dominant champions, but how do we know which one is in a tougher division? How do we know if frankie is better than gsp p4p? How can we measure gray mayard against josh koscheck?

* Edited at 10.28.2011, 9:16 AM ET *

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

AlbusRumbleMOAR
AlbusRumbleMOAR

10.28.2011 | 9:29 AM ET

I think since most people do think Jose "Same Combo" Aldo is that good i would have to say most people are idiots.  Im sorry but that that division is new and weak.....remember when wec made all of you kids lick fabers nuts, wellll albus rumblemoar made lots of money betting on Mike Browny 2x.....im sorry but the top tier comp in that division has hardly any solid wins over notable guys.....its not a fluke he didnt finish Ben Stiller And MArk Alien head hominick
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour, and 38 minutes from now.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.28.2011 | 10:00 AM ET

you are just the cutest funniest kid in the world. Ben stilver and Alien Head. Wow am i glad i ran across you this morning.

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

10.28.2011 | 10:05 AM ET

mine

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

AlbusRumbleMOAR
AlbusRumbleMOAR

10.28.2011 | 10:05 AM ET

Thank you, my mother thought so too.....but the truth is im not dead, i used a charm, faked my death and now reside in an enchanted cave covered in muggle repellent.  I know spend my days streaming mma and surfing mma websites.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben

10.28.2011 | 10:07 AM ET

So you are a twelve years old boy and a wizard? my my my

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Monthly Report | May 2024
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor mocks Leon Edwards vs. Belal Muhammad: ‘It’s probably not even a pay-per-view’
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC, Bellator standout Lorenz Larkin set for PFL debut
  • Jits Magazine : Full Lineup Announced For Pit Submission Series 5
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’m Going To Be Undeniable’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: PFL founder labels Kayla Harrison ‘a follower who needs validation’ after UFC move
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and boxing action May 23-25
  • MMA Mania : Belal Bashes UFC Fans: ‘90% Are Drunks’
  • Bad Left Hook : PREDICTIONS: Who wins Taylor vs Catterall 2?
  • Jits Magazine : Final Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 99kg Division
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: A Follower Who Needs Validation
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Desperately Wants to Get on Joe Rogan’s Podcast: ‘He is Scared of Me’
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Zygimantas Ramaska | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Roedie Roets | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Dustin Poirier, the Bud Light Genie and an alien walk into a bar ...
  • Middle Easy : Bryce Mitchell Implores Parents to Stop Vaccinating Their Kids, Convinced Public Schooling Will Turn His Son Gay
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Shamidkhan Magomedov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Ryan Loder | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Belal Muhammad Calls WWE Supporters ‘Real True’ Fans, Dubs ‘90%’ of UFC Fans as ‘Drunks That Don’t Care About Anyone’
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It, We’ll Sue Them’