Topic: Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,730  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Kampmann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 7

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

11.18.2012 | 9:14 PM ET

I'm pretty sure he was 56-0 Until he went against Mark Perry then he became 56-1. Don't quote me on it though.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

11.18.2012 | 9:21 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

ok, so how long was he there for then? cause that seems like a very short career.

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.18.2012 | 9:23 PM ET

Collegiate wrestling

MQuestionable
MQuestionable
  • Predictions:  7,456  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,603
  • Post Score: 284

11.18.2012 | 9:26 PM ET

@HDMex

http://www.okstate.com/sports/m-wrestl/spec-rel/103006aaf.html

2003: 10-0
2004: 37-7
2005: 27-4
2006: 29-1
Total: 103-12

Hendricks is currently ranked 19th in Oklahoma State history with an .886 career winning percentage.

* Edited at 11.18.2012, 9:28 PM ET *

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

11.18.2012 | 9:29 PM ET

Here is a site with the brackets from the NCAA tournaments.  I love to pore through them and identify all the guys who became pro MMA fighters.

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/ncaa/brackets.htm

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.18.2012 | 9:30 PM ET

@MQ good find ... I was way off lol. 

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.18.2012 | 9:37 PM ET

awesometacular thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

11.18.2012 | 9:38 PM ET

Well so was Mike Goldberg, he said 56-0 during the fight last night.

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

11.18.2012 | 9:39 PM ET

I guess me an Goldie are both *******s that rely on Wikipedia... 

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner

11.18.2012 | 10:00 PM ET

you aren't an *******.

but everything else is virtually identical 

stinkybike
stinkybike
  • Predictions:  9,191  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  198
  • Post Score: 229

11.18.2012 | 10:27 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

I like both guys but that was what I thought would happen. Kampman is way more technical but he relies on his chin too much and hendricks power is unbelievable for 170.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.19.2012 | 9:52 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Decision  

Despite Hendricks 1-punch KO power, GSP is still the best striker in the WW division.  As he proved against Carlos Condit.  

Look at how far Carlos' vaunted, touted 1-punch KO power got him against the most varied attack in MMA.  Hendricks' power is impressive, I'll give you that, but when your opponent is coming at you with so many skills and resources, mobile and head moving, Hendricks will not have the luxury to just stand there and plant and throw.  He will need to be constantly on guard every moment against the TD, and that prevents you from planting and putting all your power into your punches.

Because instead of being on your heels and throwing you have to be on your toes, mobile and ready to move every moment.

* Edited at 11.19.2012, 9:53 AM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

blitzkrieg
blitzkrieg
  • Predictions:  4,528  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,449
  • Post Score: 285

11.19.2012 | 11:16 AM ET

I agree with you Bill, some people seem to confuse having KO power with striking skills, in the same sense that Vitor is not the best striker in the MW division and JDS is not the best striker in the HW division, I would just say they're the most powerful punchers, there's a difference.

I know some people say, "if he isn't any good how come he connected the punch in the first place?" well, the thing is an WW MMA fight there is an average of 150 strikes thrown in a round and 3.5 strikes landed per minute by each opponent, so it's really bound to happen.

I remember some people would say Matt Serra is better than GSP because he knocked him out, and that's just silly. A UFC fight its not a KO power contest, its a Mixed Martial Arts match, and we didn't see any MMA during the Hendricks-Kamp fight to really make a call on who's the better MMA fighter, we already knew who was the most powerful though.
But that's that, whoever finishes the fight one way or the other moves on. I guess its just that I'd rather watch a technical MMA fight than a one punch KO that doesn't really tell much about either fighter, but that's just me.

"@AndySalasMMA"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,514  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,798
  • Post Score: 180

11.19.2012 | 11:28 AM ET

Interesting article with an opinion that I, and I think many others, agree with. And I quote " The win showed his similar knockout of Jon Fitch wasn't a fluke."

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.19.2012 | 11:53 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Johny Hendricks is Dan's mirror image fighting style wise. Awesome wrestling and a devastating power punch, only Hendricks power hand is his left. Dangerous.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 4 days, 19 hours, and 12 minutes from now.
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

11.19.2012 | 11:00 PM ET

I agree with Bill. I don't see anyway that Hendricks poses a threat that GSP hasn't learned to deal with in his sleep. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

11.19.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

Those with some power are always supposed to pose a threat to GSP.  Alves, Hardy, Condit.

Now that his KO tactic is 'out in the open', everyone will be ready for him and prepared.  And another thing.  Because he is a decorated wrestler, does that mean GSP is not supposed to take him down?  Hardly.  

If GSP can handle Jon Fitch on the ground, as well as Koscheck, Johny Hendricks does not scare him from going to the ground.  I say GSP is the better wrestler / MMA fighter on the ground than Johny.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

JM Barrie
JM Barrie
  • Predictions:  7,873  |  54.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,623
  • Post Score: -69

02.18.2013 | 8:09 PM ET

Just rewatched the fight.

If you have good eyes you can pick out Dana and one of those bothers( the muscle guy) in the crowd.

Dana didnt really look happy. Everyone stood up when it happened but Dana quickly sat back down

interesting,yes?

"1. Avoidant personality disorder _______________2. Maladaptive daydreaming"

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Edson Barboza’s UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 14: Joaquin Buckley making waves at welterweight
  • MMA Mania : Cormier = Aspinall? ‘It Wasn’t The Same Thing, Bud’
  • MMA Junkie : Esteban Ribovics surprised he didn't get $50K bonus for Terrance McKinney KO: 'What more do I need to do?'
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Scares Off Customers Trading In His Cards at Topps Hobby Shop
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Accused Brendan Schaub of ‘Playing F*cked-Up Mind Games’ During Their Relationship
  • MMA Junkie : 'This is MMA': UFC's Waldo Cortes-Acosta responds to 'unfair' criticism of Robelis Despaigne win
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Explains Boxing Match Date Change: ‘Nate’s A F—king Idiot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Amanda Lemos vs. Virna Jandiroba slated for UFC Fight Night event in July
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier on Ronda Rousey's concussion history revelation: 'All she's doing is telling her truth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new heavyweight addition for McGregor vs. Chandler fight card
  • Middle Easy : Road House Sequel Officially Greenlit by Amazon Studios with Jake Gyllenhaal Set to Reprise His Role
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Responds To Jon Jones’ ‘Champion’ Jab: ‘Not A Real Indication Of What Was Going On’
  • UFC.com : The Full Story: Ramiz Brahimaj
  • MMA Mania : Schaub ‘Didn’t Want To Be Labeled Ronda’s Rousey’s Boyfriend’
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie Radio #3462: Patchy Mix Interview, UFC may break records, more
  • MMAFighting.com : John Fury reacts to headbutting ‘little idiot’ on Oleksandr Usyk’s team
  • MMAFighting.com : John Fury has no regrets about headbutting ‘little idiot’ on Oleksandr Usyk’s team: ‘Happens every other week for me’
  • UFC.com : Get To Know Lerone Murphy
  • MMA Junkie : Two-time NCAA champion Austin O'Connor pivots to MMA with Fury FC debut scheduled