Topic: Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,730  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Kampmann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

hiblet
hiblet
  • Predictions:  26,857  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,043
  • Post Score: 208

10.09.2012 | 12:18 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Hendricks has shot too the top faster than he can handle. Kampmann has consistently proven himself against guys with similar styles to Hendricks. His chin will wear out Hendricks and his heart will beat him. I really like Johnny but he needs to take a step back to fill the holes in his game before he makes any sort of title run.
Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

10.09.2012 | 12:34 AM ET

I think Hendricks can dominate round 1
win round 2 
and lose round 3
to win a decision. thats how i see it going

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

HE H4TE ME
HE H4TE ME
  • Predictions:  120  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  15
  • Post Score: 73

10.17.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

BIG RIG my DAWG

"Why do you have all those stupid tat's?" Joe Rogan- "You're mom likes to look at them while she blows me."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

10.17.2012 | 4:01 PM ET

Hendricks punches hard as ****, but Kampmann has a good chin and very good recovery. I think Hendricks could use his wrestling to get a decision here. But when it gets the ground he's in Kampmanns world.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

10.17.2012 | 6:09 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Decision  

Kampmann has proven he has amazing survival skills in the Octagon.  He fights extremely tenaciously when he is behind.  He fights very stubbornly in defense.  He doesn't quit.  He refuses to give up and roll over.  Whatever he has, he keeps giving and giving.  I think the judges have come to expect this tenacious quality from him and they admire it.

Hendricks is still learning and I do like him.  I like most WWs and especially respect his wrestling background.  I do think he was lauded too much after his flash knock-down win over Fitch.  I think that went to his head.  Right afterwards he was asking for a title shot, based on Fitch having been ranked #2 at the time.

That was premature and presumptuous.  But his fight with Kos proved he belongs with the big boys, but it's pretty crowded near the top of the WW Shark Tank.  GSP, Fitch, Diaz, Kampmann, Maia, Penn, Condit, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Koscheck, Alves.

And Hendricks is still not that far removed from the WW mid-tier: Story, Paulo Thiago, Hathaway, Kim, Saddollah, Ebersole, Hardy, Bahardurzada, Swick, Mike Pyle, Sean Pierson.

If Hendricks is not careful, he could slip back into that seething cauldron of hard-driven tough kids, clawing to fight their way out of the mid-tier and into the top end.  Look how fickle this house was to drop Fitch from his rightful high ranking based on A SINGLE FIGHT!  Of course, Fitch never left the top end.  The house was 100% wrong to base his slide on that one fight.  

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Crispy989
Crispy989
  • Predictions:  2,929  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  121
  • Post Score: 176

10.17.2012 | 6:15 PM ET

Kampman 100%

"Leave it all in the Cage"

Crispy989
Crispy989

10.17.2012 | 6:16 PM ET

Kampman wins by submission! Hendricks is a wrestler with power but Kampman can take punishment and does well in bad situations plus has the experience edge. The fight can go n e where and Kampman will take the W!!!

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.17.2012 | 6:17 PM ET

@Crispy  You prediction is 'Hidden', and yet you reveal you pick Kampmann.

Kind of quirky, don'tcha think?  Why do you hide your picks?  That's half the fun of this site!

Crispy989
Crispy989

10.17.2012 | 6:21 PM ET

How do u unhide your picks?

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

10.17.2012 | 7:29 PM ET

Go back to the FightCenter... click "edit" on the card in question and simply uncheck the "hide" box.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.18.2012 | 4:09 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I think this is going to come down to Hendricks' top control vs. his submission defense ...

Kampmann has shown that he can stay composed while being beaten and pull **** off under pressure ... I'm hoping that's what happens, though I do see the possibility of Hendricks controlling Kampmann from the top for 3 rounds.

As for a KO? I think Kampmann's "survival mode" is one of the best in the business, so even if he gets clocked (which he usually does ;)), he'll be able to scramble.

p.s. @crispy, you know it's faster to write "anywhere" than "n e where" right? ;) XD

* Edited at 10.18.2012, 4:10 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

10.18.2012 | 4:35 AM ET

...except for that one time Paul Dayey wrecked him silly.

* Edited at 10.18.2012, 4:36 AM ET *

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

AnthonyBrancato
AnthonyBrancato
  • Predictions:  9,844  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  642
  • Post Score: 58

10.18.2012 | 5:23 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

After what Jon Fitch did against Erick Silva, you have to like Hendricks in this one more than you did before.

"MMA Fan Since Season 2 Of The Ultimate Fighter"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,413  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

10.18.2012 | 7:17 AM ET

Why? Jon Fitch has the grinding style, Hendricks doesn't. Also Kampmann is a much better fighter then Silva in many aspects. 

* Edited at 10.18.2012, 7:18 AM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Mybbygotsauz
Mybbygotsauz
  • Predictions:  1,612  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  745
  • Post Score: 131

10.18.2012 | 9:07 AM ET

I think Silva is better than Kampman personally,
but i think its kinda lucky for Kampmann to be where is his, a crazy submission for him in the Alves fight and a crazy Knockout for him in the Ellenberger fight, 
this should be Ellenberger vs Hendricks which would be a dream fight lol

"knocked out three midgets and ya pumped up"

KarateGuy
KarateGuy
  • Predictions:  79  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 121

10.18.2012 | 9:26 AM ET

Kampmann has been on a roll lately winning against people who give him a beating l see kampmann pulling another upset victory.

* Edited at 10.18.2012, 9:27 AM ET *

"Those who live by the sword are bound to be shot by those who don't."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

10.18.2012 | 10:28 AM ET

@Mybbytotsauz  Agreed.  Kampmann was the beneficiary of a bad ref call against Ellenberger.  But still, for this fight, Kampmann has demonstrated all kinds of heart and guts.  He fights well from behind in the fight.  He doesn't lose heart or assume he's gonna lose so fights less tenaciously.

I think the jury is still out on Hendricks.  We have not seen him tested like we've seen Kampmann.  I think Hendricks would be making a tactical mistake if he abandons his ground game.  He should strive to use all aspects of his skill set.  He should at least fake the take-down to set up his punches to keep Marty off-balance and to prevent him from getting too set.

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

11.05.2012 | 9:20 PM ET

Hendricks got lucky against Fitch, something he can't do against a guy like Kampmann. I think Kampmann can take advantage of the fact that Hendricks swings for the fences every time he throws a punch.

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.06.2012 | 5:34 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Hendricks hits Kampmann with a shot that drops him, the fight winds up on the ground, Kampmann regains his composure and winds up pulling a guillotine out during the scramble. That's how I think and hope how this fight goes. Should be awesome regardless, both guys bring war. WAR KAMPDRICKS! (I likem both, get off me.)
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 4 days, 9 hours, and 19 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.06.2012 | 6:29 AM ET

LOL! @Cthulhu, that's exactly how I see it, only I was thinking more on the lines of triangle and/or armbar in the 3rd while Hendricks tries to dominate him from the top ...

Though I don't mind if Kampann loses either since it'll most likely pave the way to a Condit rematch ... mmmmm ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Tyson Fury, Darren Till, Cedric Doumbe, Frank Warren, Matt Brown, Carlos Ulberg, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action May 17-18
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney petitions for DQ win over Garcia
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Demetrious Johnson recalls UFC giving incentives to ‘whoever had the most traffic’ on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Coach Ready To Jump In ‘Streetfight Pool’ With Aljo
  • MMA Mania : 5 Cars Vs. ‘The Machine’
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos To Fight For Lightweight Title At ACA 176
  • Jits Magazine : 20 Best Submission Grapplers of the Modern Era You Must Know
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Burns Vs. Buckley? ‘I Never Say No’
  • UFC.com : Edson Barboza’s UFC Career Highlights
  • MMA Junkie : USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie rankings, May 14: Joaquin Buckley making waves at welterweight
  • MMA Mania : Cormier = Aspinall? ‘It Wasn’t The Same Thing, Bud’
  • MMA Junkie : Esteban Ribovics surprised he didn't get $50K bonus for Terrance McKinney KO: 'What more do I need to do?'
  • Middle Easy : Video – Alex Pereira Scares Off Customers Trading In His Cards at Topps Hobby Shop
  • Middle Easy : Ronda Rousey Accused Brendan Schaub of ‘Playing F*cked-Up Mind Games’ During Their Relationship
  • MMA Junkie : 'This is MMA': UFC's Waldo Cortes-Acosta responds to 'unfair' criticism of Robelis Despaigne win
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal Explains Boxing Match Date Change: ‘Nate’s A F—king Idiot’
  • MMAFighting.com : Amanda Lemos vs. Virna Jandiroba slated for UFC Fight Night event in July
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier on Ronda Rousey's concussion history revelation: 'All she's doing is telling her truth'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 gets new heavyweight addition for McGregor vs. Chandler fight card