Topic: Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Hendricks vs. Kampmann

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,730  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,617
  • Post Score: 60

06.11.2012 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Hendricks vs. Kampmann. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

DelRose
DelRose

11.06.2012 | 6:30 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

There's no saying what kampmann will show up for this fight. He gets finished quickly or he surprises the **** out of everyone like he's done before.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

11.14.2012 | 4:32 AM ET

This is a tough fight to pick, and this could have anything you want written all over it. Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, Knockout of the Night. You name it, any of it's possible when it comes to this fight.

The big question for Hendricks is..........is he ready for an experienced fighter like Kampmann? The answer..........yes he is. His wins over Josh Koscheck and Jon Fitch are proof of that.

For Kampmann the big question is.........can he deal with the powerful striking of Hendricks? The answer........quite possibly yes. His wins over Ellenberger and Alves are proof that he can take punch, recover from damage, and come back to win a fight by just about any means necessary.

This fight comes down to who really wants it more, who has the better gameplan, who controls where the fight takes place, and who really knows and exploits his opponent's weaknesses.

KEYS TO VICTORY ---------

For Hendricks, he needs to close the distance, and get inside quickly to control the fight where he wants it to take place. He needs to land his hooks and uppercuts on the inside, get takedowns if necessary, but avoid Kampmann's submission game, all the while pushing Kampmann around, and forcing him to make mistakes and take damage. Most of all, change levels and keep Kampmann guessing. A confused Kampmann is a vulnerable Kampmann. Just ask Nate Marquardt.

For Kampmann, he needs to create the distance, fight on the outside, utilizing his kickboxing skills, avoid takedowns, and stay away from Hendricks clinch game. Most of all, avoid Hendricks dangerous punches that has made him so successful in MMA thus far. If the fight hits the ground, tie Hendricks up in the guard and go for multiple submission attempts to keep Hendricks guessing, keep him on the defensive, get a sweep, submission, or something to gain the upper-hand on the ground.

* Edited at 11.14.2012, 5:01 AM ET *

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,540  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.14.2012 | 6:15 AM ET

This stat blew my mind!!!!

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

TD Defense
Kampmann: 78%
Hendricks: 63%

TD success
Kampmann: 42%
Hendricks: 44%

Not suggesting it means that much, Hendricks still averages 3 more TDs per fight and has obviously fought way more prime wrestlers, just saying this is where I thought Hendricks as a 2x NCAA champ was leap years ahead. Just comes to show the difference between NCAA and MMA wrestling (and/or how underrated Kampmann's wrestling is).

Kampmann: http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fighters/details/474
Hendricks: http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fighters/details/947

* Edited at 11.14.2012, 6:18 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

11.14.2012 | 4:48 PM ET

Odds are up: Johny Hendricks -147 vs. Martin Kampmann +122
DietDrPepper
DietDrPepper
  • Predictions:  14,982  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  637
  • Post Score: 180

11.16.2012 | 4:27 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Kampmann   wrong Decision  

Kampmann will probably get taken down and rocked at some point, I expect him to get up and wholly win the standup over Hendricks. Both of these guys tend to be in incredibly close fight and I don't see a change here. 
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

11.16.2012 | 4:35 PM ET

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.16.2012 | 4:39 PM ET

I know die is gonna be like OOOOOOOOOOOOHH YOU SUCK ANIK YOU HYPOCRITE but something's telling me to pick Kampmann..

"الله أكبرl"

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,514  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,798
  • Post Score: 180

11.16.2012 | 4:44 PM ET

Kampmann needs to move laterally and avoid getting backed up against the cage. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Card
Card
  • Predictions:  3,852  |  66.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,128
  • Post Score: 176

11.16.2012 | 9:52 PM ET

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

11.16.2012 | 11:22 PM ET

Coin flip.

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter
  • Predictions:  288  |  68.4%
  • Forum Posts:  611
  • Post Score: -135

11.16.2012 | 11:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Hendricks   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

I had kampmann until the last minute. So let me give you a little back story; I had kampmann winning over alves and him losing to ellenburger which would have been correct if ellenburger didn't have such low fight IQ (atleast in that specific fight) I also believe koscheck won a split vs hendricks but don't argue the final verdict (hendricks winning). I think koscheck would probably beat kampmann also. 

Hendricks in my eyes has more options in this fight. It's as simple as if he gets rocked standing he can easily take it to the ground and grind out a decision win (depending on how he feels standing with kampmann ala winning or losing exchanges) we all seen how easily alves just lifted kampmann up, and although he got caught in a sub I think he also showed a lack of fight IQ by trying to take kampmann down when he had him rocked. I think you get my point, hendricks is a very solid wrestler DIV 1 (on par with a older koscheck maybe not prime koscheck but his mma wrestling seems to be equivalent to his)

I just think hendricks is very hungry and eager, along with having the ability to flat out control this fight wherever it goes (assuming he doesn't get taken down which is highly unlikely). And you may think I'm crazy saying he's on par with kampmann standing. Well I don't, not technically but he has far more power and can possibly stifle kampmann even in the stand up moving in and out and making kampmann feel his power (in other words not letting kampmann pick him apart while having kampmann worrying about getting ko'ed. Though I do admit, kampmann always has shown a **** ton of composure under some blatantly bad times, somehow.

Someone please convince me to change my pick back over to kampmann. I want to believe but just can't. Kampmann won't ever get anywhere close to the title while I actually do see hendricks having a shot at getting the title in the future (depending on when GSP retires or if condit wins, which he won't) If condit did pull something out of his ass and hypothetically beat GSP hendricks would be the next WW champion.
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

11.16.2012 | 11:30 PM ET

I am going with Kampmann here. Though I may not be a mind reader, I think Kampmann will try to use strategy while Hendricks will try to throw power punches and tire himself out.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.16.2012 | 11:32 PM ET

@kal, hendricks isn't josh koscheck.
EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.16.2012 | 11:33 PM ET

delete

* Edited at 11.16.2012, 11:34 PM ET *

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.17.2012 | 12:05 AM ET

I have just posted some of the most technically sound advise/analysis ever given on these forums; PERIOD. and it doesn't get any thumbs up? Way to show your gratitude, tapology. 
kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

11.17.2012 | 12:07 AM ET

While Hendricks may succeed on a takedown after getting rocked, it certainly won't be as effective as a takedown where he isn't rocked. I think Kampmann will pick his shots in order to not get taken down. I do like your analysis though. I also thought Koscheck defeated Hendricks.

* Edited at 11.17.2012, 12:08 AM ET *

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.17.2012 | 12:14 AM ET

Yea, just one more thing to add. Unlike everyone else I do actually think hendricks will try to control the standup with the threat of the takedown and actually go for them to score points/control kampmann during the ends of rounds or when he is possibly getting outstruck (again, even while not rocked in the slightest) or even just randomly shooting to as I said, control the fight. In other words, I think and hope for a hendricks that will be smart with his wrestling and mix things up. I'm also confident in hendricks ability to control from the clinch in this fight. I think he's more powerful and can **** kampmanns **** up from the clinch (against the cage). Although yes, kampmann is very dangerous in the clinch, this is why I mentioned ''against the fence'' if hendricks does clinch him and it isn't against the fence he obviously can get hit with some of kampmanns killer knees. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Again, it comes down to me believing hendricks has that ''winners mentality'' along with the skills to win.
EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.17.2012 | 12:31 AM ET

In other words, I actually give kampmann very little room for error. I think I was (like most imo) being swayed by the hype he's been getting around his wins. Lets not forget he almost lost his last 2 fights and didn't look very impressive vs alves imo.

I like kampmann, he goes for finishes and is exciting. But hendricks is better. imo
EliteClubFighter
EliteClubFighter

11.17.2012 | 12:33 AM ET

If I'm wrong I fully expect people to come back and call me out and put me on blast over my bold prediction. 
StickmanAndrw
StickmanAndrw
  • Predictions:  5,405  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,146
  • Post Score: 141

11.17.2012 | 10:15 AM ET

Kampmann is known for taking a beating and yet keeps on going. Hendricks can definitely give anyone a beating. I think this will be an awesome fight, but in the end, the bearded one shall win in the end and Hendricks will finally get that title shot he was promised months ago.

"I can't think of anything witty to say at the moment..."

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury: Beating Oleksandr Usyk 'puts me No. 1 status of all time' at heavyweight
  • UFC.com : MCFARLANE TOYS TEAMS UP WITH UFC TO CREATE POWERHOUSE LINE OF COLLECTIBLES
  • Middle Easy : Deontay Wilder Fears Jake Paul Could Leave ‘Too Old’ Mike Tyson In Coma, Rips Commission For Licensing Boxing Legend To Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier takes umbrage with 'magician at manipulation' Jon Jones dismissing UFC title reign
  • Middle Easy : Darren Till To Face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. In Pro Boxing Debut At Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Card
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brasileiro 2024 Breaks Record For Their Biggest Kid’s BJJ Tournament Ever
  • MMA Mania : He’s Back! ‘Gorilla’ Battles Chavez Jr. On Netflix
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Merab Dvalishvili shares video after 'huge accident' during Uber ride, walks away unscathed
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Merab Dvalishvili shows aftermath of frightening car accident, says he was uninjured
  • Bad Left Hook : Paul vs Tyson undercard: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr return, Sylve vs Schofield
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till books pro boxing debut vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till makes pro boxing debut at Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul event
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Tyson Fury, Darren Till, Cedric Doumbe, Frank Warren, Matt Brown, Carlos Ulberg, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action May 17-18
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney petitions for DQ win over Garcia
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Demetrious Johnson recalls UFC giving incentives to ‘whoever had the most traffic’ on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘Suga’ Coach Ready To Jump In ‘Streetfight Pool’ With Aljo
  • MMA Mania : 5 Cars Vs. ‘The Machine’
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos Enters Lightweight Grand Prix At ACA 176
  • Jits Magazine : Davi Ramos To Fight For Lightweight Title At ACA 176