Topic: Martin Kampmann

A ***** in the armour?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

03.03.2011 | 8:02 PM ET

So did anyone else hear what Rogan was talking about as Kampmann walked out? He was talking about how Kampmann has received losts to some people because he didn't follow the game plan at all. For instance when he fought Paul Daley he decided to stand and bang and got knocked out. When he fought Jake Shields he went to ground and tried to submit him. Now I am not saying that Kampmann is not a great fighter because he is and he's so well rounded which is why he could have won those two fights if he had stuck to the gameplan! if he had taken daley to the ground and stood more with shields they would have been different outcomes in my opinion. But I think he reads about the hype around his opponents and decides that he can take them in their strong point it's just outright unfortunate because he's so much better than he's showed. Now tonight he just got outworked but I want to highlight something, he at least stuck to his gameplan, and he put on a clinic on how to stuff the takedown that was just outright beautiful to behold until that final minute or so. That was just Sanchezs will to win that got him that takedown.

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Martin "Hitman" Kampmann

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Martin Kampmann Frederiksen
  • Pro MMA Record: 21-7-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Hitman
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: August 28, 2013 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 170.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Xtreme Couture
  • Height: 6'0" (183cm) | Reach: 72.0" (183cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $525,000 USD
  • Born: Aarhus, Denmark
  • Fighting out of: Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

03.03.2011 | 8:11 PM ET

i agree. its also unfortunate he broke his hand in that fight.

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

03.03.2011 | 8:12 PM ET

Great post. I still thought Kampann won tonight's fight!

"I live, I die, I live again."

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

03.03.2011 | 9:43 PM ET

i agree with you gregory, he won that fight 29-28 for sure. on damage and effectiveness

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.03.2011 | 11:10 PM ET

Kampmann accepts his opponents will and doesn't set the pace for the fight. He gets stuck fighting his opponent's fight and it cost him tonight and in the past. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.03.2011 | 11:30 PM ET

Guys i thought Diego clearlywon rounds 2 and 3 ... He rocked Kampmann a couple times... and he got that oh so important takedown!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

lilspyder
lilspyder

03.04.2011 | 2:06 AM ET

I agree with thiago (nice new belt man congrats) I thought that diego won round two through that dog fight that rocked kampmann and round three he sealed with the takedown.

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

03.04.2011 | 6:27 AM ET

It just sucks that Diego's single successful takedown attempt is viewed as more points than Kampmann successfully defending Diego's other 14 attempts.  Martin should have won with Octagon control seeing as he wanted the fight standing and Diego wanted it on the ground.  He had more effective striking, landed more shots.  Diego's takedown didn't even lead to anything either.  Martin got right back up.  Kampmann followed the right gameplan this time and I was 99% positive he had the win after the fight, as were the people I was watching it with. 

Just look at Diego..  I've never seen blood just leaking through a cloth like that before.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

BonesJones
BonesJones
  • Predictions:  120  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 92

03.04.2011 | 6:49 AM ET

I agree with LynxGuy, Diego's only takedown shouldn't be more points then Kampmann stuffing 14. His takedown percentage was 6.6%,  and only 24.3%, were as Kampmann's striking accuracy was 38.3% and he landed 20 more strikes. He wanted to stand and bang and so they did.  He controlled where the fight was, except for the single Diego takedown which lead to nothing. 

"People are like snowflakes, unique, just like the rest."

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.04.2011 | 6:56 AM ET

After watching it once, I thought Kampmann won, but wasn't outraged with the decision. After watching it a second time, I'm a little more irked by the decision. I'm especially concerned that it was a UD rather than a SD.

Kampmann dominated round 1, won round 2 with more effective striking and, as LynxGuy said, TD defense. Then the third I actually scored a 10-10, but could see it going for Sanchez based on the takedown, although he did nothing with it.

Overall, I scored the fight 30-28 for Kampmann. It's a true shame that he lost this one, and has now lost two controversial decisions in a row. His stock with the fans has probably risen based off of last night's performance, but his stock in the title picture is seriously damaged right now.

Kampmann is like the Marquardt of the welterweight division. Always so close, yet so far.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

03.04.2011 | 7:37 AM ET

I was really disappointed with the decision as was the real winner, i had the fight 29-28 Kampmann. But take nothing away from Diego Sanches, as he proved to be one of the toughest most durable fighters in the world. But lucky for both fighters there is no real loser as both IMO raised their stocks. I think both have one or two more fights before title shot considerations anyway, and in light of the Fitch/Penn draw, both would still have to wait. 

Another early contender for Fight of the Year...

"fresh outta Oakland..."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy

03.04.2011 | 7:43 AM ET

Does this look like the face of a winner?  That's after they cleaned him up too.  Maybe they gave Sanchez bonus points for breaking Kampmann's hand with his face.  I honestly thought there was a chance Sanchez would lose a piece of his face in that third round.  I really like Sanchez, but Kampmann doesn't deserve this back-to-back ********.

audiman87
audiman87
  • Predictions:  240  |  51.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -80

03.04.2011 | 12:18 PM ET

Ya fo sho Kampmann won dat **** 29-28...These ******* judges r ******** i think they should all have to go through a 6 months training course so they actually know wat they **** is going on. Kampmann yet robbed again

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.04.2011 | 12:50 PM ET

Luckly we don't judge who won fights on the basis of cuts. If we did BJ would never lose. 

lilspyder
lilspyder

03.05.2011 | 5:59 AM ET

lol nice post Bigj that's true because he's never bleeding really, just bruised up. Now i've had this arguement with caymanfighter already about the amount of strikes landed and the takedown defense of Kampmann, and i won't backdown I think Sanchez won, but not by UD. However, do you guys look at it differently due to the fact that Diego's face is a piece of chewedup meat and that leads to the argument of Kampmann should win because of it?

LynxGuy
LynxGuy

03.05.2011 | 7:29 AM ET

I only think his face shows that the strikes were powerful and accurate.  He also outstruck him and defended over 90% of Sanchez's takedowns and the one takedown Sanchez did get he didn't land a single strike or submission attempt before Kampmann was back on his feet.  Diego really wanted that fight on the ground, but Kampmann kept it standing.

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.05.2011 | 7:56 AM ET

All very thoughtul comments, one thing i was suprised by was the fight metric from this fight. Though Kampmann did alot more damage, the strikes landed was much closer than i had thought they would be. On the judging comment Rashad Evans made a good point, though Kampmann defended all but one TD Diego was being the aggressor in all of those TD's. I for one stand by the fact that TDDefense should be more of a factor than it is. Just because the fighter isn't being the aggressor, he is using successful TDD and keeping the fight where he wants it to be. I think fights should be looked upon in that aspect much more, who gets/keeps the fight where they want it. Regardless, Thursday night i thought Sanchez would win by Split decision.

BonesJones
BonesJones
  • Predictions:  120  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  49
  • Post Score: 92

03.05.2011 | 10:40 AM ET

I agree that takedown defense should be worth more points.  I understand that going for takedowns is being the aggressor, but 1 for 15? Kampmann was better on that night, he was able to stick do his gameplan, something Diego couldn't.

"People are like snowflakes, unique, just like the rest."

Bigj383
Bigj383

03.05.2011 | 11:09 AM ET

Take down defense is just that defense. You don't get points in fights for defense. The only think it could every be considered in is Octagon control, but if you are backing up the entire time and the other fighter controls the center you are losing that as well.  

When you score a fight you only look at offense.:

Striking is easy:

Amount of big strikes landed are the most important both standing and during GnP. Kicks to the body and head are most valuable. 

During GnP strikes from the top are considered more effective because Gravity is on your side and the bottom fighter can't roll with the punches well, therefor he absorbs more of the force. 

Jabs and Leg kicks are less important though they are considered but they are considered behind everything else. 

Grappling:

TDs are scored but they aren't as huge as people think. 

Submission attempts 

Passing Guard and taking dominate position

Sweeps, these are = to TDs but you must know the difference between a sweep and an escape. 

Things that don't score:TD defense, Submission escapes, Escaping the ground

Agression:

Moving Forward 

Effectively throwing punches standing or on the ground.

Attempting Submission 

Attempting TDs

Forcing your opponent backwards to the ropes or cage

Passing the guard ect. 

Control:

Controlling the Center of the Octogon while standing.

Pushing your opponent against the cage this kind of goes with the above.

Having Dominate position while grappling, Side mount, Full Mount, Back Mount

Then TD defense if you are pressing the action and controlling the center. 

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.05.2011 | 11:24 AM ET

Kampmann still won based on the criteria you just posted. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

03.05.2011 | 11:36 AM ET

How can you think Kampmann won ok he won first round without a doubt... He outstruck him 26-22 in the 2nd but Diego clearly landed the more effective strike ... and it was the same in round 3 except he also landed the takedown let the judges decide this shudnt be controversial..

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : UFC FIGHT PASS Invitational 7 Results
  • Middle Easy : Report: Floyd Mayweather To Rematch Victor Ortiz In Exhibition Match On August 24
  • MMAFighting.com : Daniel Cormier goes scorched earth on Joaquin Buckley: ‘Shut up p*ssy’
  • MMA Mania : UFC Action Figures Are Back!
  • MMA Junkie : Tyson Fury: Beating Oleksandr Usyk 'puts me No. 1 status of all time' at heavyweight
  • UFC.com : MCFARLANE TOYS TEAMS UP WITH UFC TO CREATE POWERHOUSE LINE OF COLLECTIBLES
  • Middle Easy : Deontay Wilder Fears Jake Paul Could Leave ‘Too Old’ Mike Tyson In Coma, Rips Commission For Licensing Boxing Legend To Fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Watch UFC Vegas 92 Media Day!
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier takes umbrage with 'magician at manipulation' Jon Jones dismissing UFC title reign
  • Middle Easy : Darren Till To Face Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. In Pro Boxing Debut At Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Card
  • Jits Magazine : IBJJF Brasileiro 2024 Breaks Record For Their Biggest Kid’s BJJ Tournament Ever
  • MMA Mania : He’s Back! ‘Gorilla’ Battles Chavez Jr. On Netflix
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Merab Dvalishvili shares video after 'huge accident' during Uber ride, walks away unscathed
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Merab Dvalishvili shows aftermath of frightening car accident, says he was uninjured
  • Bad Left Hook : Paul vs Tyson undercard: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr return, Sylve vs Schofield
  • MMA Junkie : Darren Till books pro boxing debut vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. on Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson card
  • MMAFighting.com : Darren Till makes pro boxing debut at Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul event
  • MMAFighting.com : The MMA Hour with Tyson Fury, Darren Till, Cedric Doumbe, Frank Warren, Matt Brown, Carlos Ulberg, and more at 1 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA and bareknuckle boxing action May 17-18
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney petitions for DQ win over Garcia