Tapology Forums

Thoughts on WHY Dana HATES Fitch the most

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.01.2011 | 5:51 AM ET

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on why Dana seems to hate Fitch more so then anyone else on UFC roster.

I personally think the fact he not exciting, has a lot to do with it. However I also believe it Fitches attitude the bothers him the most. People like Penn, Tito ect. Talked **** to Dana and so forth and yet he still seems to despise Fitch the most. I it because Dana does not know how to react to Fitch. He understands being insulted, but he can not in my opinion comprehend Fitch honestly not caring.  The fact Fitch is completely on bothered by anything Dana says, i think bothers Dana more so then anything else. That combind with the fact fitch constantly wins pisses Dana off more so then any other fighter.

What are you thoughts? Agree, disagree ect?

"here I come to save the day"

Responses

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.01.2011 | 6:06 AM ET

I think its a combination of a lot of things...refusing to fight teammates, his fighting style makes it hard to market to the casual fan, The likeness issue a couple years ago...all those things have contributed to their relationship being what it is

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

03.01.2011 | 6:58 AM ET

Yeah there's definitely a lot of things that factor into this, but I like your theory about the fact that none of it bothers Fitch.  I really like Fitch.  I think he's an incredible fighter who gets so little respect that it probably makes me like him even more.  He does have a few a dull performances, but more often than not I really love watching him fight.

Anyway people will say that the fact that Fitch won't fight Koscheck, or other team mates, is a reason why Dana hates him, but I think that's bull.  I doubt Dana's going to start hating on Rashad or Jones for not wanting to fight each other.  It's most likely Fitch's style and the fact that it works so well that pisses Dana off because Dana clearly isn't a fan.  Dana's just extremely biased.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.01.2011 | 7:02 AM ET

or maby its the full head of hair and lack of **** talk

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

03.01.2011 | 7:26 AM ET

I don't know if Dana hates Fitch, that's a pretty strong word.  Fitch isn't really good for business though... he doesn't excite casual fans and he eliminates title contenders.  But this is a real sport, not WWE, so the UFC just needs to deal with it.

"I live, I die, I live again."

thabestevah
thabestevah
  • Predictions:  199  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  55
  • Post Score: 27

03.01.2011 | 9:58 AM ET

Fitch doesn't just bow to him and say "yes sir boss, whatever you want" Fitch didn't want to give his likeness away where the UFC could then use his name and likeness for the rest of his life and pay him zero money for it, Dana didn't like that and even want to so far as to remove him from the UFC roster because of it. Fitch caved because he makes good money winning fights in the UFC but that clearly pissed Dana off a lot. 

Fitch's fighting style doesn't get a ton of fans tuning in and going crazy for him so Dana doesn't like him beating guys who the fans do like to get behind and who could sell well in top PPV spots. Fitch has said flat out that he wont fight Kos, Dana hates that he can't make two top contenders in the same weight-class fight. Dana is an emotional guy and once he decided he didn't like Fitch that was pretty much it. He doesn't like Tito either but the fact is Tito could still make him money.(at least until very recently maybe anyways) Fitch beating, or drawing, with BJ Penn costs the UFC money. Penn is more marketable in every way than Jon Fitch is. 

"It's not about whether you win or lose... Well, unless your the guy who lost."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

03.01.2011 | 10:16 AM ET

It's not that he hates him. He just likes exciting fighter's.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

03.01.2011 | 10:59 AM ET

I think a lot had to do with Fitch's attitude towards all the criticism he was receiving, it was always this is the way i fight take it or leave it. But i think Fitch has made conscious efforts to improve his game and knows finishing fights is important not just for his shot at the title but for the sport as a whole. 

Fitch has gotten major flack for a few snoozers in the past but his domination of the last few opponents cant be denied.

"fresh outta Oakland..."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! McGregor’s Comeback Fight Poster Is A Complete Disaster
  • MMA Mania : ‘I’ll Be Fighting For The Title Next Year’
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Credits Colby Covington For Ian Garry Troll Job: ‘Some Of His Finest Work’
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler UFC 303 poster features yellow yelling faces
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Derrick Lewis deliver another knockout at UFC St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Robelis Despaigne sees himself fighting for UFC heavyweight title in 2025
  • MMA Mania : ‘You’re Not A Real Man!’ Sterling And O’Malley Reignite Rivalry
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 poster released showing return of Conor McGregor, Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Arman Tsarukyan’s Coach Doesn’t Believe #1 Contender Is Ready To Dethrone Islam Makhachev
  • MMA Junkie : Adrian Yanez sees UFC Fight Night 241 as 'do or die,' says training with Diego Lopes reignited love for MMA
  • MMAFighting.com : Sydney Sweeney to portray boxing legend Christy Martin in upcoming biopic
  • MMA Mania : Video: Assuncao Spits On Opponent After BJJ Match Controversy
  • UFC.com : Meet Feathereright Bekhzod Usmonov | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Giannis Bachar | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • Middle Easy : Jan Blachowicz Believes He Deserves a Rematch with Alex Pereira: ‘He is Not a Better Fighter Than Me’
  • MMA Junkie : After resting his body and brain, UFC's Beneil Dariush targets end of summer return
  • MMAFighting.com : Aljamain Sterling, Sean O’Malley’s coach erupt into fiery argument after new video emerges
  • UFC.com : Meet Featherweight Nathan Fletcher | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Shevchenko vs Team Grasso
  • UFC.com : Meet Middleweight Paddy McCorey | The Ultimate Fighter: Team Grasso vs Team Shevchenko
  • UFC.com : The Octagon