Tapology Forums

Sonnen Letter

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

seanbio
seanbio
  • Predictions:  260  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  169
  • Post Score: 37

02.28.2011 | 4:29 PM ET

To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much.
Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen

"Joe Silva could call Dan Miller at 3 in morning to tell him he's fighting Godzilla in an hour and he would take that fight."

Responses

jeremy
jeremy
  • Predictions:  1,062  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  819
  • Post Score: 168

02.28.2011 | 4:36 PM ET

is that legit?

"Damn right I like the life I live / Cause I went from negative to positive."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.28.2011 | 4:52 PM ET

It's on a bunch of sites... I think it's legit.  Damn that guy has got a talent for hyping fights.  As turned off as I was about the testosterone test and the weird mortgage thing, I really want to see this fight now.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Kokid951
Kokid951
  • Predictions:  667  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  540
  • Post Score: 213

02.28.2011 | 4:54 PM ET

lol i love sonnen thats too funny! now thats a fight i wanna see!

"dont mistake kindness for weakness"

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.28.2011 | 5:51 PM ET

Funny.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.28.2011 | 6:31 PM ET

why am i not surprised?

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

02.28.2011 | 8:27 PM ET

i think sonnen takes this easily. bisping doesnt have the subs of maia or even anderson and he has virtually no stand up compared to anderson, but he does have better TDD.
sonnen puts him on his back and pounds on him for a late stoppage or a strong UD.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

03.01.2011 | 5:05 AM ET

gregory, I completely agree. I was a chael fan until the anderson fight were he crossed the line while hyping the fight for me personally. But I would love to see him put an ass whooping on Bisben.

"here I come to save the day"

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

03.01.2011 | 6:21 AM ET

Sonnen looking for a very winnable fight to return! I don't see Bisping being able to keep this fight standing.

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.01.2011 | 6:41 AM ET

Sonnens a great fighter, no question, I hate the fact that he is always calling people dirt bags when he him self is the biggest slime ball in mma with his testosterone scandal and mortage fraud, even if he never holds the UFC title he defenetly has a bright career a head of him in politics, he has defenetly demonstrated his ability to say one thing and do another.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

03.01.2011 | 6:48 AM ET

Yeah this is definitely a fight Sonnen can win to get him near another title shot.  I still don't think we'll see Sonnen fighting in the UFC anytime soon though.  Bisping would probably fight someone like Vitor first, in which case Sonnen should be calling out the winner of that fight.  I think Sonnen would take a unanimous decision against Bisping, but I think a match with Vitor would be much more interesting.  Sonnen's trash talk would probably be a lot more interesting if he were to fight Bisping though.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

zerohours
zerohours
  • Predictions:  499  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  180
  • Post Score: 41

03.01.2011 | 7:20 AM ET

Do you think Sonnen's trash talk is going to be as effective given the state of his personal life made public? No doubt he is still extreamly witty but it's going to give his opponents (and his opponents fans) alot more ammunition when he shoots his mouth off promoting his future fights.

"Even though my spanish is rusty, yo my English is Olde, 40 down, grab yourself an ice cold Colt 45 feelin alive drunk as **** in the daylight ready to die"

MikeAWhitney
MikeAWhitney
  • Predictions:  296  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  252
  • Post Score: 50

03.01.2011 | 8:45 AM ET

I think it will zero from what I saw he could do to anderson silva (even though he got submitted) all legal issues aside I think sonnen will shut bisping up. and Ill be watching. haha
TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

03.01.2011 | 11:06 AM ET

even Sonnen's personal emails are promotional gold! I mean hate Sonnen all you want but the guys got charisma you just cant fake, sadly who knows when he'll be back in the cage though.

Sonnen would easily dismantle Bisping, even on the feet. Unless your a spider, i dont see anyone at middleweight being able to withstand him on top.

"fresh outta Oakland..."

GutturalReef
GutturalReef
  • Predictions:  386  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 39

03.01.2011 | 1:10 PM ET

You gotta love Sonnen's showmanship....

"If people ain't hatin', you doin' somethin' wrong...."

TheVigilante
TheVigilante
  • Predictions:  566  |  66.8%
  • Forum Posts:  30
  • Post Score: 30

03.01.2011 | 2:12 PM ET

Yup. He acts the part of a clown, but an entertaining one. Wonder if they'll setup this fight; Sonnen would dominate from start to finish.
bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

03.04.2011 | 7:34 AM ET

Bisping hit a all-time low after he beat Rivera. That knee was intentional and he knew it. I didn't watch all the Rivera video's because i thought some of them were stupid, but did he really bash his family? Spitting at someone is as bad as kicking a guy in the balls on purpose or cheap shotting someone. Suprised he didn't do that too. This ******* guy needs another ass whooping like Hendo gave him, only he needs to be conscious throughout the entire thing. I can't wait to see Sonnen beat him senseless and shove it in his face afterwards. Anyone who makes fun of the deaf (Matt Hammil) or stoops to this level is doing nothing good for the sport.

HavokDM
HavokDM
  • Predictions:  9,733  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,047
  • Post Score: 199

03.04.2011 | 7:43 AM ET

I don't see any place that Sonnen wouldn't dominate in this fight...including trash talk.  If he thinks Rivera insulted him...

"Nothing in this world is a gift. Whatever must be learned must be learned the hard way."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 Promotional Guidelines Compliance pay: 2024 total passes $3 million
  • MMA Mania : UFC 302 PPV Finalized With New Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : This week’s boxing streaming and TV schedule
  • MMA Mania : Biggest Winners, Loser From UFC St. Louis
  • MMA Mania : ‘Yeah, It’s Way Over 20 Million’
  • MMA Mania : Sooo ... About Last Night
  • Jits Magazine : Flavio Almeida Promoted To 6th Degree BJJ Black Belt
  • Jits Magazine : ADCC Asia And Oceania Trials 2024 Full Results And Review
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos full fight video highlights
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis post-fight show: Reaction to Lewis’ big finish, Buckley’s win and McGregor callout
  • Bad Left Hook : Vasiliy Lomachenko stops George Kambosos to win IBF belt
  • MMA Mania : Liver Shot KO! Lomachenko Styles On Kambosos For Masterclass Win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Is This Guy For Real?!?’
  • MMA Junkie : Dana White praises Joaquin Buckley's UFC on ESPN 56 win, but shuts down his Conor McGregor request
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Lomachenko vs. Kambosos ring announcer completely bungle co-main event fight result
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch ring announcer completely bungle fight result for Lomachenko vs. Kambosos co-main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Lomachenko vs Kambosos: Live updates and results
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 2024 post-fight bonus winners: Inside the numbers
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 bonuses: 12-second winner is a $50K no-brainer
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis bonuses: Trey Waters, Billy Goff take home Fight of the Night following epic war