Tapology Forums

Cowboy Title Shot

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.13.2012 | 5:29 PM ET

Cowboy wants to get a title shot this year. Hope he manages to get it. Henderson/Cerrone 1 is still my favorite fight.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/mma/blog/2012/03/cowboy_cerrone_is_looking_for.html

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Responses

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

03.13.2012 | 5:33 PM ET

He won't get it.

Unless he faces Gray Maynard and submits him with a ******' Ezekiel Choke.

"الله أكبرl"

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

03.13.2012 | 5:41 PM ET

If Cerrone gets enough fights, he should be able to get the title shot. Just depends on who they give him, and how often they give him fights. If they give him Gray Maynard, and Gray is still stupid enough to ignore his wrestling, that'd be pretty damn helpful for Donald's title aspirations.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

kaonohiokala
kaonohiokala
  • Predictions:  2,496  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  206
  • Post Score: 109

03.13.2012 | 5:49 PM ET

He'll need at least 3 consecutive wins before ~September if he wants a title shot by the end of this year.

So if he gets past Stephens he'll need like two top ten guys.  Maybe something like Guida and Maynard?

"E momole aku ana i Keka‘a ka ua nahua."

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

03.13.2012 | 5:51 PM ET

Also, if Donald stays away from whichever horse headbutted him before the Diaz fight, that'd help too. Lol.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,023  |  71.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.13.2012 | 5:57 PM ET

Fisrt stop Stephens via flying triangle after that Guida via Diego Sanchez war and then maybe Edson Barboza via double spin kick.

If it goes down like that he should get a title fight this year, but it might not happen like this although it's more than likely ;->

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

nibrack11
nibrack11
  • Predictions:  483  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  361
  • Post Score: 112

03.13.2012 | 5:58 PM ET

@hybrid i agree i wish he would have fought smarter in that fight and i think it would be really difficult to get in 4 fights in the year, saying the fourth would be the title fight before the year ends. but it could be done if he finishes his opponents fast enough, and how the top 10 are in the UFC now i dont think he will get the title shot this year but look for him the get one in the early months 2013.

"The Road To Success Is Always Under Construction!!!!"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

03.13.2012 | 6:01 PM ET

He may not get one before the end of this year, but honestly he's got to be closeish to the conversation if he beats Stephens convincingly. He probably needs 2 more wins, but could get it quicker if he were to beat Pettis.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.18.2012 | 11:52 AM ET

I agree and think he'll need two more wins after the Stephens fight (if victorious).. but with rematch trend/bug in high gear, I doubt highly he will get one this year even if he does squeeze in the right amount of victories.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

elhippyripper
elhippyripper
  • Predictions:  184  |  53.8%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 145

03.18.2012 | 12:31 PM ET

I think if he beats stephens and one more high level opponent then he deserves it. 

"I'll wrap my d*** around your throat and start you up like a f**kin' lawn mower." -Joe Rogan

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

03.18.2012 | 12:32 PM ET

How is a loss to Diaz such a drastic setback for cerrone?  sometimes I laugh when I see things like this.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.18.2012 | 12:34 PM ET

I didn't read anything that said his loss to Diaz was a drastic setback... I don't think it was and hopefully it taught him a good lesson.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! O’Malley Wants Sleepy Time For Mac
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Sleep Sean O’Malley’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : ‘My D—k Didn’t Get Hard!’ Brown Couldn’t ‘Get Fired Up’ About Fight Offer
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Snaps Back at ‘Sugar’d Up’ Conor McGregor Over Past PED Usage: ‘When Your Idols Turn to Rivals’
  • Middle Easy : Ian Garry Promises to ‘Slap the Mouth Off’ Colby Covingtong Within One Round: ‘Sign the F*cking Contract’
  • MMAFighting.com : Jose Aldo opens as big underdog for potential Sean O’Malley title fight
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Roasted Over Fighter Pay, Slams ‘Liberal F*cks’ Netflix During the Streaming Giant’s Tom Brady Special
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Felt I Can’t Say No’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301 medical suspensions: Four fighters receive 180 days but not Jack Shore for leg wound
  • MMAFighting.com : Heather Hardy reveals career likely over due to ‘too much brain damage’
  • MMA Junkie : Weekend boxing review: Canelo Alvarez gave vintage performance. Is David Benavidez next?
  • MMAFighting.com : Dustin Poirier thinks Islam Makhachev is underestimating him ahead of UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall In The Dark While Jones ‘Is Playing Games Again’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 medical suspensions: 3 winners potentially out 6 months
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo vs. Sean O’Malley? ‘Very Possible Chance’ Outlandish Title Fight Happens, Says Outspoken UFC Star
  • MMA Junkie : Matt Brown explains how UFC 300 snub finalized retirement decision, says BKFC signing 'not out of the question'
  • MMA Mania : Covington Knows Garry Is A ‘Terrible Stylistic Matchup’
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean O’Malley responds to Conor McGregor diss, now wants Michael Chandler to ‘sleep’ him
  • Bad Left Hook : Roach vs McCrory set for June 28 on ProBox TV