Tapology Forums

Russian's are crazy!

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

lilspyder
lilspyder
  • Predictions:  32,913  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  288
  • Post Score: 100

02.17.2011 | 1:02 PM ET

Ok I don't know if anyone else lookes at the scrolling texts at the top of the page, but one of them state that Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is a sixth dan red and white belt in Judo! Umm does anyone else think this is nuts?! Are you sh*tting me! What is everyone in Russia just badass all the time? Lol he's so awesome he has his own nickname too: Judo Knight! I bet they don't even really elect people in Russia they just hold an undergroud tournament in which Putin whooped everyone's ass!

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.17.2011 | 1:11 PM ET

Dana White called them crazy russians also but Fedor was not impressed

"I live, I die, I live again."

Piercerdan
Piercerdan
  • Predictions:  22,719  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,987
  • Post Score: 212

02.17.2011 | 2:10 PM ET

you have to be somewhat badass to live in certain places.  Brazil is another good example of that.

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.17.2011 | 3:19 PM ET

How so piercerdan? do their dignitaries also possess black belts in martial arts? I mean i know if your a surfer from there you pretty much have a purple belt or higher in bjj.

"Never Give Up! These violent delights have violent ends. Amat victoria paratum"

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.18.2011 | 9:46 AM ET

Just overall rough country from my understanding.  

"Fact: knowledge or info based on real occurrences, opinion: a belief held with confidence not substantiated by proof."

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.18.2011 | 1:09 PM ET

Oh i'm not taking away from their ghetto's (these places make the ghetto's in the states look like the hampton's). I was just wondering more about how awesome their politicians are in various martial arts lol.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.18.2011 | 3:46 PM ET

That i wouldnt know, but politicians i think should be forced to have harder lives before claiming to have the interests of the people in mind. 
Be nice if the most a politician could make was on par with the poverty line of where ever they live and they had to live in the poorer parts of the city.  Im sure rules would be much different.

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.20.2011 | 6:59 AM ET

wow that is a very different view of how politicians should act. I like it though and your right, if you had to live at those conditions you would pass laws so that you could be at better levels of living at least for sure.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.21.2011 | 9:18 AM ET

exactly, make the worst better and everything else improves along with it.  Make the top a bit better for the minority at the top and the bottom gets worse and worse.

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.21.2011 | 10:57 AM ET

I like the philosophy but how can it be put into action in the real world. By this I mean what can be done right now that would allow for some form of change to occur, no matter how small

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.21.2011 | 12:57 PM ET

Take away the large amounts of money these people are paid.  For example here in calgary the mayor makes 190000$ a year plus gets a free house. Aldermen make 98000$ a year.  Thats a huge amount of money for what the job is.  Im not saying that some of these people dont work hard but the problem is that because of the high amounts of money, someone born into a poor family that genuinely wants to do better the community wont have a chance due to the lack of money.
Its funny to look at the past jobs of most politicians and the families they come from.
If the money and power werent the main reason people got into politics it would probably be better for everyone.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.21.2011 | 6:54 PM ET

just as a side note, the mayor of mississauga (spelling?) ontario, she caps her own salary at 80000 a year, realistically half or less than half of what she can give herself and puts it back into the city.  Think about that for a second and the difference of a person that is allowed to take 175000 a year and chooses to take 80000 and give the rest back to the community vs the person that claims to want the community to do better and is allowed to take 190000 and takes 190000.  

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.22.2011 | 4:42 AM ET

That's awesome that she does that! I never knew and yes that really does make sense. I mean as a politician she has to be the template. I wonder what Obama makes and does he cap himself as well? I mean he's suppose to be the President of change and I bet if he did something like that, other politicians would take note and may follow his lead, though slowly of course. I mean once you got the money why give it up? EVEN THOUGH YOU ALREADY COME FROM RICH FAMILY'S!! Doesn't make sense to me sometimes

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.22.2011 | 7:07 AM ET

It not making sense is why it so irritating to me.

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.22.2011 | 7:08 AM ET

Traditionally, the President is the highest-paid public employee. President Obama currently earns $400,000 per year, along with a $150,000 expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment. The most recent raise in salary was approved by Congress and President Bill Clinton in 1999 and went into effect in 2001; prior to the change, the President earned $200,000, plus expense accounts.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_money_does_the_US_President_earn#ixzz1EhzGuZsd

lilspyder
lilspyder

02.22.2011 | 8:02 AM ET

Ok in this I don't see why Obama couldn't live off of his expense, nontaxable travel, and entertainment values. I mean that's still $269,000! He could easily then give back his $400,000 to different charities and such as he so chooses

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.22.2011 | 8:10 AM ET

I'll be honest with my opinion here, we elected him into that position. As Americans if we wanted to know the pay of a President we can research it much like @Piercerdan has - I wouldn't give the money back either. The best part of this, being a military member, is President Obama tried to reject a pay increase for the Armed Forces rather than give up any of his own. It's all how you look at it. My view is he didn't want to give a Private in the army his due 3.1% pay increase while he's fighting for his country in Afghanistan, making a bolstering $30,000 a year, but he gladly accepts his $400grand plus incentives..... Thus the world we live in today. That's enough politics for me though, onto MMA - I for one will personally vote for any politician who is a decorated martial artist with values and beliefs over anyone else we've had the past 8-16 years in office!

Piercerdan
Piercerdan

02.22.2011 | 9:28 AM ET

hahahaha way to go bk!!  bringing it full circle.
After i posted the info about the us pres pay, i was like damn that was a lot of politics for an mma forum.  I couldnt directly think of a way to bring it back to mma so im happy you did it.

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.22.2011 | 9:49 AM ET

I feel your pain because about the only thing we can currently relate with politics and MMA is the sanctioning in New York - which we all agree is absurd this hasn't happened yet. I hate politics and i love MMA - so the only way i could think to bring it back was to have a legit mixed martial artist as president.... as for the Russians - Fedor's coach is now denying anything was said about psychological technologies being used during the fight. I'll be honest here, the only way we'll know the truth is to get TMZ over to Russia and start asking some ******' questions and make it back to America alive....
lilspyder
lilspyder

02.22.2011 | 9:54 AM ET

lol way to bring it back bk! also the TMZ thing is just jokes man! I also agree with piercerdan, any man who is that high up in a martial art must have some integrity and will hopefully bring this integrity into their political doings.

GutturalReef
GutturalReef
  • Predictions:  386  |  56.5%
  • Forum Posts:  105
  • Post Score: 39

02.22.2011 | 10:19 AM ET

NaZdrovia!!

"If people ain't hatin', you doin' somethin' wrong...."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Dana White Got Careless FedEx Employee Fired After Video Went Viral
  • MMA Junkie : Alonzo Menifield vs. Carlos Ulberg prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Ordered By Irish High Court To Disclose Profits From Proper No. 12 Whiskey Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis Start time, Full Fight Card Details
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury shows off ready physique ahead of Usyk fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Rampage Jackson believes Stipe Miocic beats Jon Jones: ‘I just feel like he might not have a chin’
  • MMA Mania : Chaos! Misfits Weigh-In Ends With Surprise Slap, Melee
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento prediction, pick: Will 'The Black Beast' add to his knockout record?
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis predictions
  • MMA Mania : Good Morning! Australian Fighter Left Motionless After Violent KO
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 predictions: Can Rodrigo Nascimento topple Derrick Lewis in St. Louis?
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis’ all-time best UFC octagon interview moments
  • MMA Mania : Lewis Vs. Nascimento Betting Odds, Prediction
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! UFC St. Louis Results, Streaming Updates
  • Bad Left Hook : McCaskill vs Price: Live updates and results, 2:30 pm ET