Tapology Forums

Tapology Top Team get in here!..it's time for a group huddle

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

02.23.2012 | 2:49 PM ET

2 things on the agenda we need to address with this team meeting first is welcoming our new team members which has sort of transformed our team into a group effort as we brought in 3 members from Team Bring it..their captain KallousKlown, as well as ufcchick2011 and One Hit Quit.  Our Zuffa/Bellator pickers are Minotauro11 who holds a great picking percentage as well as kamander who by the way runs MMARatings.net which everyone should check out.

With Jedi Mind Picks and Team Bring It being dissolved that puts us by default, in last place which I would hope you would agree is unacceptable.  First thing we all can do to fix this and make sure we all make our picks and have each others backs on making sure that happens, I've been guilty my self as I missed 2 whole events last week because of not paying attention to deadlines.  If we make all our picks I think we can turn this ship around since we all have a proven track record

so I call upon you

kallousklown
Kalibo
Torch
BigJ383
MegaDave
RWLawman
lbj6
ufcchick2011
One Hit Quit
thefreeman
minotauro11
tylerdurdon
nethazard
kamander

to do everything humanly possible to make all our picks and get out of the basement I mean do you really want to hear all year from wolfmanhowl how great his team is?! I don't so lets do this! 

CashBrewyn 
Tapology Top Team Captain

* Edited at 02.23.2012, 2:50 PM ET *

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Responses Page 2

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

02.29.2012 | 5:14 PM ET

looks like the majority of us already have most of our picks in

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

03.02.2012 | 7:10 PM ET

so unfortunately Bigj383 has told me this will be his last weekend picking all the fights, so we have the option of possibly making him one of our Zuffa/Bellator pickers (if he is ok with that) or we need to recruit a new member

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

03.02.2012 | 7:25 PM ET

Wilflet and krazyhopz are good replacements
lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

03.02.2012 | 11:44 PM ET

why can't he pick em all? doesn't take that long

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

03.03.2012 | 1:22 AM ET

Mostly my new job and the rest of my life doesn't leave a lot of free time anymore. I have a lot of free time currently and can barely make all the picks now with the quantity that they have 15 event weekends some with 20 fights an event. It really does take time to make educated picks. I've recently just thrown together my picks just going with the majority on most the small shows not even checking on the fighters and it's really hurt me and hasn't really helped the team either. I can do Zuffa and Bellator quickly because I know all the fighters and can make educated choices without much research. The few I may not know I can check out with what limited time I will have. Spending time with my family and work have to come over picking amateur MMA fights. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

RWLawman
RWLawman
  • Predictions:  2,583  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,053
  • Post Score: 173

03.03.2012 | 1:28 AM ET

I can totally relate to Bigj383's problems.  I'm in a new job, a new life, etc.  and it truly is tough to balance everything.  I know it may be difficult for some people to understand, but real life comes before internet life, and when it comes down to making a decision between work, love life, friends, etc. and Tapology?  Sorry, but you guys lose out every time.

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.03.2012 | 11:05 AM ET

I am not dropping out by any means, but I have some issues too. I am still without internet at home and my damn black berry won't let me pick the fights. I have to rely on picking at work or driving to my bros house to get my picks in. When I get them in, they always change last second and I can't update! These issues will be resolved shortly though. I just tried to make the 2pm card picks and the blackberry screwed me. I will try to get to my bros house this afternoon for the rest of the picks.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

03.03.2012 | 2:51 PM ET

completely understand everyones issues as at times i'm in the same boat, working a lot more and combined with my blog and trying to make educated picks rather than ripping through events it can be tough

lbj6
lbj6
  • Predictions:  3,615  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,025
  • Post Score: 210

03.03.2012 | 7:06 PM ET

@bigj383, gotcha. good luck with your new job man!

"get outta my face man! i gotta go get drunk"-Rampage

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

03.04.2012 | 2:29 PM ET

not really sure how we will place this weekend but we did get a few event wins at least

RWLawman
RWLawman

03.04.2012 | 2:47 PM ET

I hope we move up a couple places. 

" "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars." - Khalil Gibran "

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

03.06.2012 | 12:03 AM ET

well we finished ahead of Swick wit it so it's a step in the right direction..as long as we don't finished last every weekend we will chip away and get back into it...i'm actively looking at who to bring in as a replacement so any ideas of who to target let it be known

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

03.06.2012 | 8:44 AM ET

@cashbrewyn I think I said this already but I'm always down to help, according to my research I think wilflet and krazyhopz are your best choices.
thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,508  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,752
  • Post Score: 198

03.06.2012 | 2:05 PM ET

I missed event win #5 by 25 points damn!! I think i was 46th overall as well not impressive at all
Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

03.06.2012 | 2:08 PM ET

Top50 on this site (imo) is pretty damn good if you're picking all the events.  Not being able to update my cards when the last minute changes happen is what is killing me.  My percentage has stayed relatively consistent, but I am missing a ton of fights b/c of the darn changes.  My blackberry will not allow me to pick fights... :(

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

RWLawman
RWLawman

03.06.2012 | 2:13 PM ET

Now that my schedule has settled down a little bit, I should be able to be more consistent on my picks.  I got them in the last two weeks, so hopefully I can keep it up.  I'd like to see TTT higher on the list.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

03.06.2012 | 7:07 PM ET

@Messiah ya you did already suggest those members, I have connected them and they are on the short list..and for the record it wasn't me that down arrowed you haha

thefreeman
thefreeman
  • Predictions:  9,508  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,752
  • Post Score: 198

03.06.2012 | 8:58 PM ET

That was me, seeing as you posted your suggestions twice and our illustrious captain is capable of choosing his own replacements
CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

03.08.2012 | 7:58 PM ET

Tapology Top Team is looking to mix things up and are happy to announce the signing of Nik Lust

yorma
yorma
  • Predictions:  30,200  |  62.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,462
  • Post Score: 292

03.08.2012 | 8:01 PM ET

@cashbrewyn
What is that.??

"And whats up with y'all, Looking at me like a monkey, You !?! Yeah right, You're all saints, You !! Bunch of macaques !! Gimme a baby monkey, He'll be .. Wonderfull"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC books Tracy Cortez vs. Miranda Maverick for summer showdown
  • MMAFighting.com : Maycee Barber vs. Rose Namajunas targeted for UFC Fight Night headliner on July 13
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Money Doesn’t Equal Emotional Intelligence
  • MMA Mania : Meet UFC Vegas 92’s ‘Miracle’
  • MMA Junkie : Rising Japanese star Tatsuro Taira books first UFC main event vs. Alex Perez on June 15
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL announces dates, locations for 2024 playoffs
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Mania : Rampage Vs. Briggs Falls Apart Amid Promoter Fraud Concerns
  • MMA Junkie : Bellator champion Patchy Mix: 'I can't get the respect that Sean O'Malley has'
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez vs. Tatsuro Taira now expected to headline UFC event on June 15
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Dream Was To Become Champion’
  • MMA Junkie : 'Age doesn't matter': Mike Tyson, Jake Paul discuss experience vs. youth dynamic of boxing match
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira shows menace, humor in new Topps commercial
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson Presser Highlights: Kid Asks Boxers Who Has Higher ‘Body Count’
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Tyson warns Jake Paul he will be fighting for his life; Paul responds
  • MMA Mania : Shake-Up! Perez Vs. Taira Now Headlines UFC Vegas 93
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch Mike Tyson and Jake Paul go nose-to-nose in first Tyson vs. Paul faceoff
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Mike Tyson, Jake Paul have playful faceoff at first press conference in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Colby Covington: Belal Muhammad 'squatting on his ranking,' doesn't deserve UFC title fight
  • Middle Easy : BKFC President David Feldman Talks Conor McGregor’s Fighting Future, Teases Two ‘UFC Legends’ In Talks to Join Promotion