Tapology Forums

Tapology Top Team get in here!..it's time for a group huddle

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,572  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

02.23.2012 | 2:49 PM ET

2 things on the agenda we need to address with this team meeting first is welcoming our new team members which has sort of transformed our team into a group effort as we brought in 3 members from Team Bring it..their captain KallousKlown, as well as ufcchick2011 and One Hit Quit.  Our Zuffa/Bellator pickers are Minotauro11 who holds a great picking percentage as well as kamander who by the way runs MMARatings.net which everyone should check out.

With Jedi Mind Picks and Team Bring It being dissolved that puts us by default, in last place which I would hope you would agree is unacceptable.  First thing we all can do to fix this and make sure we all make our picks and have each others backs on making sure that happens, I've been guilty my self as I missed 2 whole events last week because of not paying attention to deadlines.  If we make all our picks I think we can turn this ship around since we all have a proven track record

so I call upon you

kallousklown
Kalibo
Torch
BigJ383
MegaDave
RWLawman
lbj6
ufcchick2011
One Hit Quit
thefreeman
minotauro11
tylerdurdon
nethazard
kamander

to do everything humanly possible to make all our picks and get out of the basement I mean do you really want to hear all year from wolfmanhowl how great his team is?! I don't so lets do this! 

CashBrewyn 
Tapology Top Team Captain

* Edited at 02.23.2012, 2:50 PM ET *

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

Responses Page 11

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

05.13.2012 | 5:01 PM ET

Thanks for keeping it classy.

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

inspektor_voss
inspektor_voss
  • Predictions:  31,468  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  407
  • Post Score: 230

05.13.2012 | 5:05 PM ET

It's been a great time being a member on that team, thank you for the opportunity!

"Dogs cannot accumulate sausages."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

05.13.2012 | 6:15 PM ET

Great being on the team

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

05.13.2012 | 8:00 PM ET

I loved the damn team... I can't help but feel partially responsible since my 'net was out for so long and I missed some events.  I came back strong though.  Thanks to the whole team... I loved every pick .. last place or not.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

05.13.2012 | 8:02 PM ET

Kalibo one last ditch effort to getting you to be a captain :) you would be a great one now that you have your net back. 
Kalibo
Kalibo

05.13.2012 | 8:04 PM ET

Thanks for the confidence in me @Messiah.. I think I would do a good job as well, but I can't go against my current captain... I'll wait for the draft.. this time. After this next contest, I think I may ask to give being a captain a go.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

05.13.2012 | 8:20 PM ET

has SK agreed to be captain again?
theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

05.13.2012 | 8:32 PM ET

I haven't even seen soccerkick on this weekend, maybe he is on the road for fottball or something. But I posted on his page about it. I can't imagine him saying no. I mean it is SK.
CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

05.13.2012 | 9:05 PM ET

Kalibo as much as I would want to consider retaining you for the new season I agree with Messiah and you should be a captain of your own team, I also think Kallous should get another shot at it

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

ufcchick2011
ufcchick2011
  • Predictions:  17,099  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,674
  • Post Score: 177

05.14.2012 | 12:52 AM ET

It was fun! :)

"The only way to guarantee failure is by giving up" Frank Mir

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

06.19.2012 | 11:12 PM ET

well this will be my last post in this thread (for official business anyway) so I would just like to thank everyone that is currently and was at some point a part of this team.  We may have finished last but remember there was 2 other teams that got dissolved so at least that didn't happen to us!  I see alot of you have made it onto other teams in the new league so we may be rivals going forward but I still hope you all kick some ass.  So with all of that out the way it's now time to hand out the Tapology Top Team awards aka the Tappies...Yes much like Michael Scott's Dundies so it would only be appropriate for him to get things going

Team MVP Award
- t0rch A model of consistentancy t0rch lead our team in scoring along with 5 event wins he was in the top 15 through the entire time the league was running

Team Spirit Award- thefreeman Always one to say "we'll get 'em next week" thefreeman would attempt to boost moral with the addition of the TTT logo to his avatars as well he lead the team in event wins

The Comeback Award- Kalibo lack of internet saw our top pick lower in the rankings than expected but once back online he stormed back and found himself in the top 30

Picked Out Award- ufcchick2011 there isn't may people on this site that get their picks done and in an efficient manner than ufcchick2011

Lasagna Award- KallousKlown he likes lasagna

Underrated Award- inspektor_voss not a whole aot was known about voss when i picked him up aside from his cool name and avatar but he turned out to be a very consistent picker every week

Gone and Back Award- Nik "The Deadiest Sin" Lust came into the league on fire, left for a while then made his triumphant return

Fight Club Award- tylerdurdon to date I never heard a word back from tyler the entire time the league was running, it almost made me think he was my own personal tylerdurdon inside my head and no one else could see him, but at least he picked a good percentage of his fights week in week out

Rookie Award- lilspider was the last member to join TTT and made the most of it earning himself a spot on a team in the new league.

Best Avatar Award-  tie Dodgey and snowman Dodgey would of won this if he hadn't just recently change his so because of that that must share this award. Dodgey gets it monday, wednesday and friday snowman gets it sunday, tuesday, thursday with alternating saturdays.

Zuffa Killa Award- Minotauro11 sporting one of the better pick %'s on the site I had to jump at the opportunity to pick him up with the Zuffa players were added.

Where'd You Go Award- BigJ383 Was one of the better pickers on the team until he succumbed to overwhelming amount of picks to make.  We did however find a way to keep him on the team as a Zuffa player  

Most Improved Picker Award- ccccombobreaker- he started out somewhat slow but recently has been climbing up the rankings.  

We Barely Knew You Award- uscvs24 was on the roster of a few teams but once and a while would have a pretty good showing

* Edited at 06.19.2012, 11:26 PM ET *

Kalibo
Kalibo

06.19.2012 | 11:18 PM ET

Nice last post @Cash... I know I let the team down for a time period... but thanks for recognizing the comeback. I almost feel like I owe TTT some unfinished business. I love @Kallous's earned reward... :) Nice touch.

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah

06.19.2012 | 11:21 PM ET

great post cash!
Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

06.19.2012 | 11:28 PM ET

SICK!

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn

06.20.2012 | 7:16 PM ET

thanks guys I figured that would be a good send off....I forgot to add the global presence this team had..the lions talking about their team but we had Canada, USA, Australia, Germany, Isle of Wight and the Cayman Islands all represented

t0rch
t0rch
  • Predictions:  5,787  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,658
  • Post Score: 208

06.20.2012 | 7:39 PM ET

I will surely miss this team. 

"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong."

snowman
snowman
  • Predictions:  20,083  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 200

07.02.2012 | 12:34 PM ET

dont no if there a spot goin for me on any type of league after my bein away for so long ..... but back online now n will be pickin events again startin from today............THE SNOWMAN IS BACK..
Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

07.02.2012 | 1:21 PM ET

"الله أكبرl"

Shortround
Shortround
  • Predictions:  134  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

07.02.2012 | 3:13 PM ET

yes

"uoyay ontday nowkay hatway ouyay otgay iltay itsay onegay "

Page 11

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Charly Arnolt details historic impromptu UFC cage announcer role: 'I was scared of messing up'
  • MMA Junkie : 'LokDog' Vinicius Oliveira gets Ricky Simon in first fight since UFC Knockout of the Year candidate
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner Don'Tale Mayes wants quick return on hometown Louisville card
  • MMA Mania : ‘My Style, It’s Worst Style For This Guy Dustin’
  • MMAFighting.com : Thiago Alves retires from combat sports after Mike Perry knockout loss at KnuckleMania 4
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Ryan Garcia shows Colby Covington left hooks after Donald Trump meetup in Florida
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: Swedish fighter delivers incredible faceplant knockout in pro debut
  • MMA Junkie : GLORY Kickboxing vet Jhonata Diniz ready for 'big names' at heavyweight after UFC on ESPN 55 win
  • MMA Mania : Video: Garcia Striking Tips Open Colby’s Third Eye
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Perez on UFC main event knockout: ‘My friends always call me pillow hands, so now they can’t’
  • Middle Easy : Islam Makhachev Says Dustin Poirier Is A ‘Tough Fight’, Wants Arman Tsarukyan Next
  • MMA Junkie : Mick Maynard's Shoes: What's next for Alex Perez after UFC on ESPN 55 upset win?
  • MMAFighting.com : WATCH: UFC vet Hunter Azure flattens opponent with brutal one-punch knockout
  • Middle Easy : Video: Ryan Garcia Gives UFC Star Colby Covington Quick Striking Tutorial
  • MMA Junkie : Mike Perry thanks Conor McGregor for becoming BKFC owner: 'He's done remarkable things'
  • MMA Mania : ‘Thank You, Man’
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Chandler reacts to Conor McGregor becoming part owner of BKFC
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 post-event facts: Ryan Spann's struggles continue
  • Middle Easy : Mike Perry Reacts To Conor McGregor’s BKFC Ownership: ‘Nobody Moved That Needle Like Him’
  • MMA Junkie : Uros Medic knows Ian Machado Garry won't fight him but in his 'humble opinion,' would knock him out