Tapology Forums

GSP does not want Diaz to retire

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

wolfmanhowl
wolfmanhowl

02.12.2012 | 8:15 PM ET

says mma needs a fighter like diaz. when or if they fought he said diaz would bring out the best in him. if i was diaz and thought gsp was sincere about that why not make a handshake and say the whoile fight has to be standing. you think gsp would take that offer?

sherdog was the source.

Responses

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

02.12.2012 | 8:17 PM ET

I really want to see GSP vs Diaz. Only because GSP seems to really really want to fight him. I wonder if that could mean we see a different, old GSP.

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.12.2012 | 8:22 PM ET

As much as I dislike GSP I would love to see if we see a GSP who goes for the finish. Im team Diaz though. But I think it would still be cool.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

02.12.2012 | 8:37 PM ET

I really hope Nick Diaz doesn't retire. It was a close fight, and though I think Diaz won, the only person Diaz has to blame for his loss is himself, because he left it in the hands of the judges. Granted all Condit did was run away, and tip-tap the entire fight, obviously he did enough in the judges eyes to win the fight.

Back to the subject at hand, I really hope Diaz doesn't retire, because I would still like to see Diaz continue to fight in MMA. He's one of the most exciting fighters in MMA. MMA needs fighters like Nick Diaz, BJ Penn, Rampage, Melvin Guillard, Urijah Faber, Jose Aldo, and others who show up to fight every fight. I have more respect for a fighter who goes out, gives it his all, and loses more than a fighter who fights to not lose, but still wins by points.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

tklane21
tklane21
  • Predictions:  2,027  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 100

02.12.2012 | 11:12 PM ET

Problem is, if we ever did get GSP v. Diaz, I don't see it being a much different fight than Condit v. Diaz. GSP is too smart to stand and trade punches with a straight brawler and so he would either wrestle him down and grind on him for a few minutes or stay light on his feet and circle every time. Problem with Diaz is his lack of pursuit and his unwillingness to take Condit down until the 5th round despite Condit "running" the whole time.

I love Diaz and definitely want him in the UFC, but he's got to be more adaptive if he wants to fight top tier welterweights

"The upshot is that we are all alive for however many two-dimensional numbers we have left."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Adrian Yanez Reflects On His Losses, Vows To Finish Or Dominate Vinicius Salvador In Their Upcoming Fight
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier questions why Jose Aldo ever retired after UFC 301 performance: 'His speed was still there'
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 56: Make your predictions for Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour live now
  • Middle Easy : Alexander Volkanovski Suggests 4th Fight With Max Holloway For BMF Title
  • UFC.com : Iron Summit: For The Lifelong Athletes
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Sean O'Malley shows clip of sparring footage with Alexandre Pantoja
  • MMA Mania : Fiery First Promo Drops For UFC 302
  • UFC.com : Cory Sandhagen Takes On Umar Nurmagomedov In Abu Dhabi On August 3
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique REPLAY: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMAFighting.com : Rankings Shakeup: Is Jose Aldo once again a top-5 bantamweight after UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Spinning Back Clique LIVE: Jose Aldo's future, Jon Jones calls for Alex Pereira, latest in boxing, more
  • MMA Junkie : 'Why not?': Benoit Saint Denis welcomes Dan Hooker next, calls Arman Tsarukyan dream fight at lightweight
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith ‘Feels Bad’ For Bruce Buffer, Accepts Alex Pereira’s $50K Challenge, Addresses Retirement Talks
  • MMA Mania : ‘Shogun’ Headed To UFC Hall Of Fame
  • MMA Junkie : Naoya Inoue gets up from knockdown, moves to 27-0 with sick KO of Luis Nery
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White put on blast at Tom Brady celebrity roast: ‘You’re like Michael Vick, but with human beings’
  • MMA Mania : Up Next! UFC St. Louis On ESPN!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘If not for Canelo I’m not going down to 168’: Benavidez says only one fight brings him back to super middleweight
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘If not for Canelo I’m not going down to 168’: David Benavidez says only one fight brings him back to super middleweight