Tapology Forums

Evans vs jackson 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.09.2011 | 7:59 AM ET

Gonna be a great fight!

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.09.2011 | 8:02 AM ET

See some news/rumor somewhere?  Or just a fight you think would be cool?

Rampage has long been one of my favorite fighters, but my big issue with him is how out of shape he gets in between fights.  Seems like he spends all his time just getting back in shape as opposed to sharpening his skills.

"I live, I die, I live again."

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,565
  • Post Score: 275

02.09.2011 | 8:06 AM ET

Nevermind I see the rumor all over the place now.

But then this is what a Tatame reporter just said:

http://twitter.com/#!/guitatame/status/35398514208940032
Thiago Silva still on for UFC 130: "I'm not injured, and I'm looking forward to fight Rampage"

So we will have to see what the truth is here...

"I live, I die, I live again."

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

02.09.2011 | 8:12 AM ET

mmaweekly said that silva was injured an d rashad was going to take his place. It's on the right side of this page.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.09.2011 | 9:44 AM ET

I really hope Rashad can get a more decisive victory this time around.  A lot of people try to discredit that win because Rampage came in out of shape, but why the hell should Rashad be discredited for being a professional fighter and showing up to the fight in proper shape.  It's not like Rampage didn't have time to prepare, that fight took over a year to happen.  Rampage just isn't as committed to MMA as he used to be since he knows he can get much bigger paydays from acting.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

TownStar
TownStar
  • Predictions:  944  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  329
  • Post Score: 62

02.09.2011 | 11:23 AM ET

honestly either Page fighting silva or Evans is okay in my book both are stellar match ups. While i think Rampage may be too much for silva (maybe?), the Evan's sequel, is one that must happen again in the future. 
I think rampage wants Evans again and will come with a fire that he just lacked in the last match up, possibly due to his weight cut. This time around i see Page pushing the fight and making it much more interesting. 
Page by KO due to showing up in stellar shape

"fresh outta Oakland..."

TacomaTerror
TacomaTerror
  • Predictions:  149  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  480
  • Post Score: 59

02.09.2011 | 12:25 PM ET

Evans via Decision.

Jackson won't use his jab.. He never uses his jab..

" ."All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too." "

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.09.2011 | 3:10 PM ET

Damn it's starting to look like the reason this fight was setup is because Thiago tested positive after UFC 125.  I'm just speculating because of a few articles I've read.  Silva being pulled from the fight at the same time as the UFC 125 drug tests coming back "mostly" clean.  I like Thiago Silva and hope this is not the case because he looked great against Vera and was set to fight for a title shot.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

kallousklown
kallousklown
  • Predictions:  24,203  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10,967
  • Post Score: 177

02.09.2011 | 3:48 PM ET

i  was really looking forward to rampage fighting thiago silva

"Are we gonna jump, or we just gonna jerk each other off?"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.10.2011 | 7:07 AM ET

Lynx guy you better be ******* wrong dude.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

02.10.2011 | 7:13 AM ET

Would that totally ruin your obsession with Thiago Silva? I know i'd be severely disappointed but i won't jump to conclusions. This is all speculation until we hear the real news from the NSAC......

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

02.10.2011 | 7:13 AM ET

What the f on wikipedia Rampage vs Rashad was on it yesterday and now its back to thiago vs rampage is the fight definetly off or what ?

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

rampagefan380
rampagefan380
  • Predictions:  73  |  54.8%
  • Forum Posts:  22
  • Post Score: 36

02.10.2011 | 9:22 AM ET

I'm a fan of Rampage and Silva.Rashad was very envious of Rampages movie role,in which he made bank.Rampage came into that fight with more ring rust than ever before,and still almost finished Rashad,bottom line.now back to Silva,it isnt official yet that he is definitely out,Athletes,especially Mixed Martial Artists are very vulnerable to all sorts of supplements and mistakes these days.It might be a failed drug test but I wouldnt lose any respect for Thiago Silva.

"Pain is temporary,Pride is Forever"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘People die, this isn’t a joking matter’: Devin Haney on Garcia’s failed drug test
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: People Die In This Sport
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Tests Positive for Banned Substance Ahead of Haney Fight, Denies Any Wrongdoing
  • MMA Mania : Cursed? Not Even Poatan Could Save UFC 301
  • MMA Junkie : MMA Junkie's Submission of the Month for April: One former UFC champ makes another tap for the first time
  • MMA Mania : ‘Big Lies!’ Garcia Reportedly Tests Positive For PEDs, Boxer Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Paul Hughes explains choosing PFL over UFC offer: 'I deserve to get compensated'
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned substance in Devin Haney fight, Garcia responds
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘These are people that are trying to attack me’: Garcia claims fake news on positive PED report
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Will Jose Aldo and Alexandre Pantoja give Brazil something to cheer about at UFC 301?
  • MMA Junkie : Reports: Ryan Garcia tested positive for PEDs in upset win over Devin Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Report: Ryan Garcia tests positive for banned PED
  • MMA Mania : Topuria Denies Refusal Of Volk, Holloway Responds To ‘B—ching Motherf—ker’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 301's Steve Erceg aware of unusual title shot opportunity, still feels pressure to win
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 fight card: Pantoja vs. Erceg
  • UFC.com : UFC Championship Fights That Have Happened In Rio de Janeiro
  • MMAFighting.com : Alex Pereira takes down Daniel Cormier in UFC 301 hallway tussle
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Alex Pereira forces Daniel Cormier to plead for help with takedown: 'Stop this guy'
  • Middle Easy : Canelo Alvarez and Oscar De La Hoya Nearly Throw Hands in Heated Press Conference Confrontation
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 301 Embedded, episode 3: ‘I could fight right now’