Tapology Forums

Appreciation thread for Condit

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Russello
Russello
  • Predictions:  6,288  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2,839
  • Post Score: 279

02.08.2012 | 12:30 PM ET

Sorry if there's one already made. The way hes conducted himself has been awesome, especially since it appears hes going to give Diaz a rematch despite it being little more than a payday for him. He might not have showed it so much in his last fight, but with only 2 decisions and 26 finishes, he is a warrior. I gave him a slim chance against Diaz in the first fight and I cant explain how stupid I feel for not making it a 50/50 fight, he really is an excellent fighter.

Lets not make this thread into a Diaz vs Condit one (unless speaking about a possible rematch, dont argue the result) as I just made this as I really feel Condit doesnt get the respect he deserves, despite me supporting Diaz.

"In the quiet words of the virgin Mary.. come again?"

Responses

norbar
norbar
  • Predictions:  2,367  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  473
  • Post Score: 129

02.08.2012 | 12:32 PM ET

For sure he is a classy guy. Though if we speak a rematch I doubt it's a good idea for Nick. They know even better what he will do and Nick is not known to adjusting to people. Condit will probably try to do the same but will implement it faster.

"“Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.” ― Oscar Wilde"

Russello
Russello

02.08.2012 | 12:33 PM ET

If anyone finds a better one, post it up :p

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

02.08.2012 | 12:33 PM ET

I'm a huge Diaz fan but I give Condit a ton of props. He came away with the win against a super tough opponent and he really didn't have to accept an immediate rematch like he did, he has a ton of respect from me for doing that when he could have easily waited for GSP or another matchup

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.08.2012 | 1:03 PM ET

It's not actually better, but it's one I made a while back for the Tapologists videos thread.

This thread is eerily similar to a post I made in a different thread. Just throwing that out there. I'm glad other people feel the way I do about it.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

02.08.2012 | 1:20 PM ET

@russello I am in the exact same boat, i picked diaz over him...i did think it would be a good fight, i just thought diaz would outlast him so to speak. but i was pleasantly suprised that condit executed the perfect gameplan. he hasn't gotten anywhere near enough credit. to me i was blown away by how good his cardio was, and the fact that he didn't allow diaz' tactics to draw him in...kudos to condit

* Edited at 02.08.2012, 1:21 PM ET *

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

zarog
zarog

02.08.2012 | 1:46 PM ET

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

LynxGuy
LynxGuy
  • Predictions:  1,054  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,120
  • Post Score: 138

02.08.2012 | 3:45 PM ET

I appreciate Condit and am still a fan, but if he continues to buy into the Greg Jackson system for fighting which is to use the flawed scoring system to persuade the judges, that appreciation is going to deminish.  I'm a fan and appreciate him because he's always been a warrior who comes to finish fights.

For now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hoping this fight with Diaz is a one-time thing.

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

zarog
zarog

02.08.2012 | 3:58 PM ET

In the immortal words of Dana White, in regards to the thumb down, "Whoever [did] that is a *****, and a ******* ******." LOL.

Irphil47
Irphil47
  • Predictions:  662  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -67

02.08.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

Condit has a great record, and by all accounts he is a finisher. But I have to say I felt Diaz won that fight. I know Condit landed more kicks, but Diaz clearly landed more punches to his face, especially in rds 1 and 2. I can see how Carlos got 3 and 4, but the 5th was all Diaz again. I just don't think leg kicks should give a fighter a victory if he's running away the entire fight and being punched in the face in return.
Russello
Russello

02.08.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

Also, if youre going to come to this thread and just thumbs down peoples posts, i.e @Zarog then seriously **** off. This is an appreciation thread, not a 'Condit is better than Diaz' thread. There are going to be people here positively praising Condit, even if they thought Diaz may have won.

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,359  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487
  • Post Score: 203

02.08.2012 | 4:03 PM ET

Im not gonna rip on Condit even though Im a fan of Diaz. Why cant I like both? Aha. Hope he puts an ass whoopin on GSP.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Says Ilia Topuria Saying ‘No’ To Alexander Volkanovski And Other Top Contenders Is ‘Weird’
  • MMA Junkie : Jimmy Smith slams Ronda Rousey for saying Joe Rogan, media turned on her: 'Don't give me this victim sh*t'
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant reveals she signed multi-fight deal with Misfits Boxing, but BKFC ‘will definitely see me again’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: Canelo vs Munguia preview, Paul vs Tyson rules, more
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55 winner David Onama apologizes for weight miss: 'My body gave up on me'
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Jimmy Smith goes off on Ronda Rousey: ‘She gets all the credit, none of the blame’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He’s Been Fighting Old Slow Dopes’
  • MMA Junkie : Chris Padilla 'lost hope many times' on long journey to UFC on ESPN 55
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall Pans Manchester PPV Start Time: ‘It’s Terrible’
  • Jits Magazine : Craig Jones Announces Brand New 3 Million Dollar BJJ Tournament
  • UFC.com : UFC Welcomes Anker As Its Official Charging Partner In The Middle East And Africa
  • Jits Magazine : Mo Jassim Announces Women’s Absolute Division For ADCC 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Miserable, Mean, And We Can’t Stand Her
  • MMA Mania : PFL Salt Lake City Fight Card Revealed!
  • MMA Junkie : Bogdan Guskov proud to be first Uzbekistan fighter to enter UFC rankings: 'This is my history'
  • Middle Easy : Joe Rogan Sides with Jamahal Hill in UFC 300 KO Controversy: ‘He’s Got a Point Here’
  • MMA Junkie : Victor Henry quotes Kim Kardashian after UFC on ESPN 55 bounce back from groin-shot no contest
  • MMA Mania : ‘PFL Is Not Making A Lot Of Money’
  • MMA Mania : ‘He Literally Is Always In Trouble’
  • MMAFighting.com : Beneil Dariush announced as 2024 Forrest Griffin Community Award recipient