Topic: Diaz vs. Miller

Diaz vs. Miller

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,686  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,602
  • Post Score: 60

02.06.2012 | 3:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miller   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Diaz vs. Miller. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,062  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.06.2012 | 3:40 PM ET

Prediction: correct Diaz   wrong Decision  

Yes, Dana & Eddie watched the fights together yesterday, let's hope Dana showed him the money!!!

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 3:40 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.06.2012 | 3:42 PM ET

Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida II...holy ****.

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.06.2012 | 3:45 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miller   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

@legacy  I think you are right.  But I think you'd agree with me that Dana is not justified in that judgment.  Gilbert is being wasted in these premium years of his prime as long as he's in SF.  The real competition is in the UFC, and that's where the real, big exciting battles loom.

Don't you agree with me that Gilbert should be with us?  For the good of the sport and his career?  SF is a rotting carcass and the vultures are flying lazy circles as we speak.  Only a matter of time.  Not if but when it goes out.  It's been gutted of its best ornaments.  If they wanted SF to remain relevant, they wouldn't have raided it of its best guys.

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 4:01 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.06.2012 | 3:51 PM ET

Eddie Alvarez would be a 4th big infusion to the UFC LW Shark Tank.  I didn't know Dana was in conversation with him.  That's a very good sign.  Let's all hope that Eddie follows Hector Lombard's footpath to greener pastures and glory.

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.06.2012 | 3:59 PM ET

Here's a good hi-light reel of Nate's from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57RIRsYah90

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.06.2012 | 4:00 PM ET

@ Bill, I completly agree

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.06.2012 | 4:02 PM ET

@Ankik, hell yeah, Diego is my homeboy

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.06.2012 | 4:42 PM ET

Alvarez I feel is most definitely going to the UFC. The UFC can offer much more money to Alvarez now that Bellator because it seems Bellator doesn't pay comparatively to the UFC unless you are the champ. Now that their lightweight division is becoming more of a shark tank at Bellator, Alvarez is more likely to make more money with the UFC, since he already has somewhat of a name. He will definitely get some sponsors and a few good wins propels him to a title shot (which I could easily see him and Gil Melendez getting in the UFC). If Bellator can't match the money the UFC signed with Lombard they sure as hell won't match what will get offered to Alvarez. Sponsors alone will get Alvarez even more than what Bellator can offer him if he is in the UFC, at least from my perspective.

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

05.06.2012 | 5:03 PM ET

@wish Alvarez was paid $100,000 by Bellator for his fight against Aoki. The UFC can easily outbid that if they want to. I see no reason not to, especially when considering Bellator is probably the largest non-Zuffa promotion and Eddie is 1 of 3-7 big stars that the company has been building around. From a business stand point it makes no sense not to get Eddie. From a fan perspective it's great because we could potentially have everyone exceptionally good, except for Chandler and Aoki, by the end of this year under 1 organization. I can see the matchup potential at the end of this year, Guida/Maynard/Pettis/Cerrone/Diaz/Henderson/Melendez/Alvarez/Miller/Bocek not to mention the 2 big up and comers in Barboza and Volkmann. By far the most stacked division ever in any organization and would be capable of putting on championship caliber fights between the guys ranked 5-10. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

05.06.2012 | 5:06 PM ET

allright, you had me untill you called volkmann a big up and comer. 

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

05.06.2012 | 5:09 PM ET

@brandt Maybe not up and coming, but he's definitely arrived. 5 fight win streak. A very boring fighter, but he gets the job done at LW. Hopefully Sass beats him, but considering how he's so easily smothered some fighters, I doubt Sass will have it easy. Also, Sass is another to watch.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess

05.11.2012 | 6:56 PM ET

Can anyone explain in a simple way why Gilbert Melendez hasn't been invited to the UFC yet?
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bgGx2?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=mma

And while we're at it, why hasn't Josh 'The Punk' Thomson been invited here, either.  He's a good fighter, too.

* Edited at 05.11.2012, 8:31 PM ET *

Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

05.11.2012 | 6:59 PM ET

Thomson should be self explanatory, he hasn't earned the right to be there.  Despite his gift of a title shot at Melendez next weekend.

Melendez is already under contract with Zuffa and is the only real draw StrikeForce has anymore can't take all the jewels away until the Org is dead.

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Robelis Despaigne prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Caceres vs. Sean Woodson prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Diego Ferreira asked for advance payment for UFC St. Louis: ‘I was behind three months in the gym’
  • MMA Junkie : Diego Ferreira vs. Mateusz Rebecki prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMAFighting.com : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson tickets include wild $2 million MVP package
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Lomachenko Vs. Kambosos Results & Play-By-Play!
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Got Careless FedEx Employee Fired After Video Went Viral
  • MMA Junkie : Alonzo Menifield vs. Carlos Ulberg prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Ordered By Irish High Court To Disclose Profits From Proper No. 12 Whiskey Deal
  • MMAFighting.com : Vasiliy Lomachenko vs. George Kambosos start time, fight card, TV schedule, ring walks
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev prediction, pick, start time, odds for UFC on ESPN 56
  • MMA Mania : UFC St. Louis Start time, Full Fight Card Details
  • Bad Left Hook : Tyson Fury shows off ready physique ahead of Usyk fight
  • MMAFighting.com : Rampage Jackson believes Stipe Miocic beats Jon Jones: ‘I just feel like he might not have a chin’
  • MMA Mania : Chaos! Misfits Weigh-In Ends With Surprise Slap, Melee
  • MMA Junkie : Derrick Lewis vs. Rodrigo Nascimento prediction, pick: Will 'The Black Beast' add to his knockout record?
  • UFC.com : Prelim Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Main Card Results | UFC St. Louis
  • UFC.com : Official Scorecards | UFC St. Louis
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC St. Louis predictions