Topic: Diaz vs. Miller

Diaz vs. Miller

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,686  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,612
  • Post Score: 60

02.06.2012 | 3:49 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miller   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Diaz vs. Miller. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

05.04.2012 | 8:10 PM ET

Prediction: correct Diaz   wrong Decision  

Charles Oliveira is a black black BLACK belt? Do you have a stutter or something?

And Tibau's a better grappler than stand up. Nate Diaz should've beat Gray Maynard for ****'s sake, he's good.

"الله أكبرl"

Crumx7
Crumx7
  • Predictions:  1,598  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  2,110
  • Post Score: 181

05.05.2012 | 12:22 AM ET

Switched to Diaz.  This is really a pick em for me.  But Diaz looked great against Cerrone and I thought Cerrone would stop Diaz.  Taking Diaz by decision.

"If you think about it, life is your one big chance" Follow @CRUMxMMA on Twitter

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.05.2012 | 12:33 AM ET

Oliveira wasn't a black belt when he fought Miller. He was a brown belt. He got his black belt about 3 months ago. My assumption is that it was due to his sub of Eric Wisely.

Source

* Edited at 05.05.2012, 12:34 AM ET *

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,482  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

05.05.2012 | 12:36 AM ET

@Wish, but he was widely regarded as a black belt level even though he was a brown belt.

I think Miller will surprise Nate in the standup and will be able to control him on the ground

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

WishIsHere
WishIsHere
  • Predictions:  24,429  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  7,003
  • Post Score: 232

05.05.2012 | 12:38 AM ET

^^^^I know, but I just wanted to make sure the facts were straight. I wasn't arguing one bit. :)

"I bought a Bruno mars cd once - gunn4206"

minotauro11
minotauro11
  • Predictions:  2,483  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  4,493
  • Post Score: 148

05.05.2012 | 3:22 PM ET

It's Miller time.

"We Are All One"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,395  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,488
  • Post Score: 203

05.05.2012 | 3:25 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miller   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

I think Miller uses his wrestling to take Diaz down and sink in the rear naked. I wouldnt be shocked if Miller even scored a GnP TKO! However I dont see Diaz finishing Miller, whether it be by Sub, KO, or even TKO.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,663  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

05.05.2012 | 3:34 PM ET

Alles Miller oder was?!

It's a silly pun and I'm curious how many people will get the reference. But seriously, after last time Miller took those shots, including a flying knee from Guillard, then took him down and choked him out, I said I will not doubt him again and I'm sticking to it.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  21,062  |  71.8%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.05.2012 | 3:44 PM ET

I get the reference and to answer that question no it's not, Diaaaaz for the win ;->...

Are you from germany too mr. Kerr ? Or wherefrom do you know such silly german tv stuff ?

* Edited at 05.05.2012, 3:55 PM ET *

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  243,663  |  68.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

05.05.2012 | 4:00 PM ET

Haha, except for a German of course:), I mean if you're German and you own a TV, there is no way you heaven't heard that.  And if you've heard it only several times, it's already very, very hard to get it out of your head. No, not a German myself, just some German TV - and a taste for Müller Milch. 

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.06.2012 | 1:30 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Miller   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

I predicted Miller would win.  He lost decisively.  I am happy that Nate Diaz will now move on to fight Benson Henderson for the LW title.  Good for him.  Who would have thought that Nate would fight for a title before Nick??

I predict Benson manhandles Nate and defeats him decisively.  But Nate is most definitely deserving of his title shot.
On the other hand, Jim Miller set his title aspirations seriously back.  VERY serious setback.  

I still hope that Melvin Guillard gets a title shot in the next year.  But Melvin has lost to Miller and Diaz.  So, his prospects of fighting for the title and succeeding appears rather remote.  I give Nate little chance of taking the belt from Henderson, but career justice requires he be given his opportunity.

The big issue is when the most interesting, relevant and best LW will be given the chance to fight Ben Henderson for the belt.  Gilbert Melendez, the Strikeforce champion, is for some unexplained reason, being held back from joining the UFC by Dana White.  Gilbert expressed his desire to join the UFC but for some reason, White won't invite him into the UFC.

Why?  After bringing so many SF champs over (Nick Diaz, Jake Shields, Dan Henderson), plus most of the HWs are coming, why Gilbert Melendez is being singled out to stay isolated in a dying promotion is a matter of mystery only White can fathom.

Henderson vs. Melendez is the big one.

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 1:34 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Anik
Anik

05.06.2012 | 1:44 PM ET

I thought Nate would've. I always did. I've always been a big Nate fan and I don't really like Nick. I always thought he was the better brother.

He's proven that he's elite, which is what I've always thought. I thought Nate beat Gray also.

"الله أكبرl"

DelRose
DelRose

05.06.2012 | 3:08 PM ET

Nate did something benderson couldn't do, he finished the fight. 

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Anik
Anik

05.06.2012 | 3:17 PM ET

Captain Obvious to the rescue.

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

05.06.2012 | 3:22 PM ET

I'll give credit to Nate, he fought a great fight. I didn't think he would win, but Miller showed that he's got a lower fight IQ than I thought. Nate kept the fight where he wanted it and nobody beats a Diaz when they get to play their game.

And I think Pettis is wrong. Condit showed how to beat Nick, because Nick never learns to adapt, Nate does. Pettis would have an extremely difficult fight with Nate, although it could be a very good one. This fight makes sense to happen, since Frankie has to take off 6-8 months between every fight. With Ben/Frankie II most likely happening in September it seems like a long time for Nate to wait. He wouldn't be expected to fight until the last card of the year in all likelihood if the title match doesn't happen until September.

I think a Pettis match would go a little differently than Pettis thinks. He's the more complete striker, but nobody KOs a Diaz. Pettis might try the Condit gameplan, but unlike Nick, Nate would adapt to it and try to do something differently. Also, Nate showed against Jim that he is not the plodding fighter that Nick is. He knows when to use speed to different things and because of that I think it would be a closely contested match that either sees Diaz with a 4th or 5th round submission or a tossup decision that would most likely go to Pettis due to volume of strikes landed.

Whatever the case, props to Nate. He put on a great show last night and proved he is a truly elite fighter.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

DelRose
DelRose

05.06.2012 | 3:27 PM ET

I feel it was only logical to put in "he finished the fight" Just in case other members were unaware of the ben vs miller outcome. 

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Anik
Anik

05.06.2012 | 3:30 PM ET

Nate does because HE'S A BETTER FIGHTER THAN NICK. He's smarter than Nick and while Nick's boxing is better I think Nate's grappling is better.

I think Diaz would kill Pettis as well and I think he could beat Frankie Edgar. But Benson Henderson? God knows, right now the only fighter I think that could give Benson a serious run for his money is Gray Maynard and if Gray's champion, he HAS to fight Diaz, the man who beat him twice (I'm sorry but Gray did not win the 2nd fight).

"الله أكبرl"

Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

05.06.2012 | 3:34 PM ET

Options to make LW excitement off the chart.

Prediction: wrong Miller   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

1. Jose Aldo moves to LW
2. Bring in Gilbert Melendez from SF
3. Arrival of Diego Sanchez from WW

All 3 infusions of talent would bring the LW cauldron to a bubbling boil.
This would make LW competitive with WW and LHW in terms of excitement.  It's close now.

I'd very much enjoy seeing Nate Diaz battle Kenny Florian and Diego Sanchez.

* Edited at 05.06.2012, 3:36 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.06.2012 | 3:34 PM ET

@ Bill, I think Dana has not moved Melendez to the UFC yet because the LW is a deep thank, and it doesn't need Melendez that much, I mean he would be a great addition to the UFC, but  it's obvious why they borught the HW's and the WW (GSP out of competition), but the LW division it's not in need of more sharks, so my guess is that they letting Strikeforce keep just enough talent to keep it profitable for it's remaining time, and near the end they gonna bring Melendez and probably give him a straight shot for the title

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

05.06.2012 | 3:38 PM ET

Melendez hasn't moved over because of the deal with Strikeforce. They couldn't move any of the other champions over from Strikeforce. Hopefully when the contract runs out they'll just fold SF because it's completely pointless now. Also, anyone hear that Eddie Alvarez was talking with Dana. Sounds like they're gonna be bringing a 2nd big signing from Bellator.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC Fight Night Tapology coverage is now live
  • Alex Caceres vs. Sean Woodson - Round 2 is in progress.
  • Join the UFC Fight Night live discussion
  • Tapology Picks: Alex Caceres 25% Sean Woodson 75%
  • Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceres (21-14-0, 1 NC) FL, US is the #18th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • Sean "The Sniper" Woodson (11-1-1) MO, US is the #24th Top Featherweight MMA fighter.
  • UFC Fight Night features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Enterprise Center in St. Louis, Missouri